GUILTY MD - William McQuain, 11, Germantown, 30 Sept 2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I was thinking that maybe they could strike a deal - take the death penalty off the table if he would lead them to William. On the path from Germantown to Charlotte, every state -- MD, VA, and NC -- has the death penalty.

I hope the vehicle is equipped with GPS or that the woman he was with when he was found at the hotel can give LE information bout where he says he has been, etc...

Neighbor Sis Ford says he chatted with Lopez for about 20 minutes as he carried out a flat-screen TV to his wife's sports-utility vehicle. Police located the car in North Carolina. The vehicle was unoccupied.

"He said he had to take it to the shop... I thought something is awful wrong,” Ford remembers.

Officers found Jane McQuain dead in her bedroom at the Seneca Knolls Condos in the 1300 block of Briarcliff Terrace about 8:25 p.m. Wednesday night. Investigators say there was trauma to her body.

William was last seen in class at Martin Luther King middle school on Sept. 30.
Concerned school officials called a good friend of the mother, who then reported both mother and son missing.

http://www.wjla.com/articles/2011/1...d-dead-son-william-and-car-missing-67807.html

My heart is broken. What a good looking little man.

Sorry, there is ZERO HOPE this darling boy is with a family member, as the last article intimated.

William's been missing since September. This stepfather, that this mother chose, has killed her and has done God knows what to this beautiful boy.

I almost never act like this, but i would be willing to purchase thumb screws to move this case forward. The stepdad knows where this child is.

This is beyond sad. I hope they are able to get Lopez to talk so they can find William. I do not understand why he would kill and hide William but not William's mother. Surely they can track his movements over the last couple of weeks using his cellphone since the neighbors said he was constantly on the phone.

In the days that followed, a tall, slender man in a hat began walking to and from Apartment 13100, police and neighbors said. He spoke softly, often had a cellphone to his ear and once was seen dragging a large television box to McQuain’s Honda, neighbors said.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/estranged-husband-arrested-in-germantown-womans-murder-11-year-old-still-missing/2011/10/13/gIQAtxYbiL_story.html

That cellphone records and pings are key. I pray William is safe.

I can only think of one reason that he might dispose of the child's body -- IF he was killed when his mother was. The sick perp might have actually been afraid for people to know he was the killer of an innocent child. There is much less social negativity in prison against someone who kills their ex-wife. But someone who kills an innocent young boy, for no apparent reason, lots of trouble from the other inmates and the guards.

Lopez has spent several years in prison and knows how inmates are treated by other inmates. Child killers are looked upon with great disdain within the prison hierarchy. As long as there is a question as to William's whereabouts, police cannot really tie Lopez to William's disappearance and/or demise. This provides Lopez some level of security once convicted of Jane's murder. Once William is found, and if deceased, the game changes for Lopez, as does his personal safety once in prison.

I pray that little William is safe somewhere, but at this point, I am holding out little hope that he is alive. When I read that Lopez was seen moving that large television box, my heart sank.

I hope if William is indeed deceased, that he didn't suffer. Such a beautiful little man.

I can only think of one reason that he might dispose of the child's body -- IF he was killed when his mother was. The sick perp might have actually been afraid for people to know he was the killer of an innocent child. There is much less social negativity in prison against someone who kills their ex-wife. But someone who kills an innocent young boy, for no apparent reason, lots of trouble from the other inmates and the guards.

We are thinking the same thoughts at this late/early hour, katydid.

This is terribly sad.

I too am thinking like the rest of you. This man is scum and therefore I think the chances of little william being alive are slim. I too think he was in the tv box and for the reasons listed above....being labelled a child killer. The only other reason I could think of was that because someone saw him take out the "tv", he may have been scared off coming back to dispose of mum.

One thing KEEP THIS IN JAIL THIS TIME!!!!

I was trying to convince myself that maybe he DID have the TV in the box to sell for drugs, but then I was thinking: Unless Jane had recently bought the TV, there would be no reason she would have the old box lying around so apparently, the monster brought the box TO the home to transport what most likely was William.
If the is a druggie, he would have just carried out the TV - sans box - to pawn or sell.
Sigh...
If he did hurt Will, as previously mentioned, they hate child killers in jail, so I hope the inmates show him the same mercy he showed Jane and her son.

I believe William was light enough for him to carry, but Jane was not so he left her at the apartment.
:(

we don't know what route he took but google map shows this one:

Charlotte, NC to 13100 Briarcliff Terrace, Germantown, MD 20874 - Google Maps

Now as a street smart man, no way would he be traveling down the highway with a TV box. To me a major profile stop for the cops he would probably rid of it quickly. I am wondering if he drove a little way up looking for a dumpster. There is apartments up the road that has a dumpster off the side of where apartments across the street from Waters Landing Association. My bet he wanted to rid of the box and body asap.

Not all cops do this but my husband is a retired AF cop, my son's have had experience and they are white guys. Example, one son was moving from one state (texas) to SC. He was in the military. He was driving alone with one box in the back seat that was sticking up. He got pulled over 8 times, no tickets. He was profiled, single male, with box in car, is a profile stop. A black man (if he is) would be highly vigilant of this fact. This is not meant as racist at all but rather a fact that black men get pulled over way often for simple little stuff. I forgot the term that is used for it. No way would he risk traveling but a mile or two with that boy.

They need to do a landfill search for him. There is water close by but nice homes around it and I don't see how he would be able to do it in this area.

I just wish I hadn't come to this thread tonight. My heart breaks for William and his mother...

I was so sad to see her FB and not hardly any on her friends list with an open wall even mentions her. They must be co-workers or farmville acquaintances only.

It's just WAY too easy to put a box or garbage bags (containing a body) in one of those compacted dumpsters (like behind supermarkets) which are emptied almost daily... and get away with it :(
I firmly believe there are lots of bodies in landfills all across the US that will never be found.
I wish there was something we could do about this :(

"We were hoping that we would find him with Mr. Lopez and we did not," the chief said. "My hope is that he may be with a family member or a friend. As time goes on, it becomes more and more of a long shot that that is the case."

~~snip~~

Students leaving MLK Middle School said the mood was very sad. "It was kind of terrible because everyone was crying," said one student. "He lives next to my house and I'm really sad because what if it was me?" said another.

http://wmal.com/Article.asp?id=2310210

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth
Back