Found Deceased ME - Kristin Westra, 47, North Yarmouth, 30 Sept 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder what her regular wake up time usually on a school day. Waking up at 3 am to start the day wouldn't be too far fetched with an 8 pm bedtime, IMHO. Of course, that's assuming one falls asleep right away. Everyone's sleep requirements are different, and going to bed doesn't always indicate falling asleep right away.

I do it every weekday! Up at 3:11 for work (I give myself the extra minute) and in bed by 8ish!

And I'd like to add that once the places I have listed above have been searched, if I were her family I would hire professional divers to go to the bottom of the water in the quarry. The "full meal" seems as if she may have been gathering strength to pull off what others doubt would be possible.

"He also said his wife had a safety assessment and she was deemed not to be at risk to harm herself or anyone else. "
That doesn’t hold much weight for me. Unless someone says I want to kill myself or someone else, it’s easy to get that report. My daughter got the same assessment by a psychologist who knew her very well and less than 48 hours later attempted to take her life.

Correct me if I am mistaken... There is no evidence of her leaving, right?
If she was going to end her life or even just disappear intentionally I don't see the need for her to hide her departure. I'm sure she was aware of the neighbors camera...

I wonder if they're really giving up the search o r if they're just hoping to put a suspect (or even kw) at ease...
I don’t believe police have confirmed either way. They said she was seen on video around 6pm returning from a run. They haven’t said if she or anything else was seen after that.

That doesn’t hold much weight for me. Unless someone says I want to kill myself or someone else, it’s easy to get that report. My daughter got the same assessment by a psychologist who knew her very well and less than 48 hours later attempted to take her life.

So sorry to hear that, Peppery.
I think you have a point.
I'm sure there are ways to fool people, even trained professionals and assessments, into things appearing just fine, when they aren't, to give a false sense of security.

Was her employer/the school expecting her on Monday?

What were the plans for the blood draw on Monday in relation to workday?
Sounds like maybe she didn't work Monday? Moo

Rohrbach said there were no indications his sister intended to leave the home Monday morning. She had plans to see friends and had a doctor’s appointment on Monday.

This article further details the assessment and other parts of the hours prior to her going missing. The nurse that assessed her and deemed her "no harm to herself or others" was her sister in law.

This is interesting. I wonder what time he tried to call her.
BBM

Rohrback said he talks with his sister regularly and was surprised when she didn’t return his phone call Sunday. Then, on Monday morning, he learned of her disappearance.

Hmmm.
Well, we know (confirmed by LE, correct) that she was seen at 6pm on Sunday, right?
So, if something happened after? I too wonder what time he tried to call her...
And also, if the husband left the home between 6pm Sunday and 9am Monday...

Sitting on my hands for a bit.

Also interesting, it seems like sleeping issues and moving to an empty room would be out of the norm for her -

"Although Westra was usually a sound sleeper, Rohrbach said her husband told him that she was restless and had trouble sleeping. Jay Westra also told Rohrbach that he believed she got up before dawn Monday morning."

Moo

Hmmm.
Well, we know (confirmed by LE, correct) that she was seen at 6pm on Sunday, right?

I know I read she was caught on neighbors camera returning from a run at 6pm, but was never seen leaving the home.

However I'm having trouble finding where I read that. Will keep looking.

Hmmm.

A neighbor's surveillance footage showed Westra returning home from a jog around 6 p.m. Sunday evening but authorities said the footage captured no other images of Westra after the 6 p.m. appearance.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ne...and-speaks-to-nbc-news&contentId=97-600451281

A neighbor's surveillance footage showed Westra returning home from a jog around 6 p.m. Sunday evening but authorities said the footage captured no other images of Westra after the 6 p.m. appearance.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.newscentermaine.com/amp/article?section=news&subsection=local&headline=i-dont-care-what-people-think-missing-north-yarmouth-womans-husband-speaks-to-nbc-news&contentId=97-600451281
Thanks for that. I thought I was correct in that assumption.

So, now we just need to figure out how in the world her body left that house without being spotted on the camera from the neighbors...

When i logged in and saw so many new pages, I was hopeful there was news. But here we still are :(
Husband saidnthe garage door wasn’t completely closed Bc it would “catch” I wonder if that exit is out of view of the neighbors security cameras?
It definitely sounds like she was having a really hard time with renovations at home and work. No one likes chaos but she was having a REALLY hard time.
As for the mental assessment, that could be nothing more than, “have you ever made plans to hurt yourself” and she could lie and say “no and I never would or will, I promise.”
I think she was in a really dark place and took her own life, i hope I’m wrong. But it doesn’t seem like the neighbors security camera detected her leaving so my guess is she went out the back or side and just hasn’t been found yet.

I can understand having problems with renovations but why not just go get a hotel room and stay there for a while- why would someone just get out of bed at 3am and leave the home?

I'm really scared about self harm now, based on the info from the timeline given by Mr. Westra, specifically the fact that she was seen by a NP on a Sunday afternoon ("We have a [sic] I know somebody who is a licensed clinical nurse practitioner, and she graciously got us an appointment at 3 o'clock on Sunday."). Seems like it was a bit of an emergency situation.

I can understand having problems with renovations but why not just go get a hotel room and stay there for a while- why would someone just get out of bed at 3am and leave the home?
Living in a hotel would get real old real fast. Plus there were renovations at her job too, so i think she felt surrounded by chaos. I’m telling ya, she left the house on the back or side and took her life Bc she didn’t want to burden her family. I know the depths of depression. I can feel her pain. That’s what I saw in her husband’s interview. It’s such a painful time. He knows, and probably regrets believing her saying she wouldn’t harm herself. Of course, i would love to be proved wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member