ME - Lewiston, Mass Shooting, Multiple Scenes - Oct 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I should have said presser might be to keep attention away from the house rather than media specifically. Earlier they announced no presser today and now they have this presser with no info....so I'm thinking they are keeping attention on the presser so LE can work.

I could be wrong, of course, but I'm hopeful progress is being made at the house.

jmo
This was not called by the State Police who are in charge of this investigation. Rather it was called by the elected political people. Big difference IMO.

"Loud bangs heard at home belonging to Maine shooter Robert Card's parents -

as it's revealed he may have been looking to target his EX at bowling alley and bar where he murdered 18,

his sister tells cops, who found note in his home."

Anyone know if it's been confirmed she's still alive or is she one of the victims?

*which ex?

Card's family is cooperating with authorities, law enforcement officials briefed on the investigation told ABC News. Card's sister told investigators she thought Card might have been looking for an ex-girlfriend at the shooting locations, the sources said. One avenue of investigation is whether this mass shooting began as a domestic dispute, according to the sources.

Card was previously married. His ex-wife filed for the divorce, citing irreconcilable differences, which was granted in 2007 with shared custody of the couple's minor child, court documents show. The divorce order was amended in 2013 to include shared parental rights and responsibilities of the child, whose primary residence was with his mother, the documents show.

Maine mass shooter Robert Card left a note at his home which police have now found. Its contents have not been disclosed, but it is said to be steering the hunt for the killer

His sister told law enforcement officials the 40-year-old Army reserve firearms instructor could have targeted Schemengees Bar and Grille and Just-In-Time Recreation bowling alley in Lewiston in the hope of finding her, ABC reported.

Court documents show his ex-wife filed for divorce in 2007 and they were granted joint custody of their child - though it's unclear whether she is his most recent ex.

Last edited:
I've grown up with the increase in these mass murders. I was a freshman in college when the Virginia Tech massacre occurred (not a student there, but elsewhere).

I often wonder if the news sensationalism of these massacres is a factor in the continual rise. It always irks me when news coverage of these massacres preface "at least" before naming the number of dead.

I understand that that those two words can carry two different meanings, but it always comes across as a salivating desire for more deaths for more clicks.

Even the Washington Post, who I subscribe to and respect, has a headline stating "At least 18 dead [...]".

"Loud bangs heard at home belonging to Maine shooter Robert Card's parents -

as it's revealed he may have been looking to target his EX at bowling alley and bar where he murdered 18,

his sister tells cops, who found note in his home."

Well, this would fit the evidence regarding the link between domestic violence and mass shootings.

ETA: A link which is far more evidence-based than the supposed link to mental illness, I might add. It's easy to think, well I could never do something the cruel and horrible unless I "lost my mind," therefore people who do this must be mentally ill. But in actuality, some people are just violent, and usually there is other evidence of violence somewhere in their lives, whether anyone has ever reported it or not.

Last edited:
I've grown up with the increase in these mass murders. I was a freshman in college when the Virginia Tech massacre occurred (not a student there, but elsewhere).

I often wonder if the news sensationalism of these massacres is a factor in the continual rise. It always irks me when news coverage of these massacres preface "at least" before naming the number of dead.

I understand that that those two words can carry two different meanings, but it always comes across as a salivating desire for more deaths for more clicks.

Even the Washington Post, who I subscribe to and respect, has a headline stating "At least 18 dead [...]".
i’ve thought a lot about this too. but i think the uptick in mass shootings is because serial killers aren’t really a “thing” anymore. not with all the new tech, now it’s shifted to mass killings where they try to get the most at one time. a lot of them hold very similar views, it could just be correlation but it feels like causation too. i do i hope moving forward that mass shootings/any killings really are more victim focused. less saying the shooters name, more saying the victims names. i think the click bait titles and media also speak to people’s attention spans now a days. IMO

I wonder the same thing. Especially because it seems … comparable in some ways to a situation when someone kills themselves. There’s a good article about this as ‘contagious’ here.

Still waters run deep.

Well, it’s who he is now!!
I think the family have probably worked with Law Enforcement on that statement.

The last thing LE would want right now is his sister coming out and slamming the brother for his actions - this is presumed to be an active gunman still, a negative statement from the family could make the situation escalate even further.

As darkness falls I hope everyone in the close proximity to the area stays safe. I hope I wake up to news that he’s been caught.

CNN reporting LE is checking one of his firearms that was found in his abandoned vehicle.
Well, this would fit the evidence regarding the link between domestic violence and mass shootings.

ETA: A link which is far more evidence-based than the supposed link to mental illness, I might add. It's easy to think, well I could never do something the cruel and horrible unless I "lost my mind," therefore people who do this must be mentally ill. But in actuality, some people are just violent, and usually there is other evidence of violence somewhere in their lives, whether anyone has ever reported it or not.

Yes, it's been apparent for a long time that mental illness is connected to mass shootings. Its nice there is some kind of data to back that up.

That said, how does that help us? The laws tie our hands in preventing these horrific crimes. We have a patchwork health care system of mediocre quality that's failing to serve the public.

BREAKING:

CNN REPORTS HEARING LE TELL SOMEONE TO "WALK OUTSIDE WITH YOUR HANDS UP"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members