GUILTY ME - Nichole Cable, 15, Glenburn, 12 May 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I don't understand this at all. Why not HER ? Why do they think she's become unattached to her belt? Or the perp's belt? And her jewelry? They must have some good intel on something to make such an odd statement.

I think there's been a lot that they know that they've not been saying since day one.

I think to myself, it was a week today. They're not putting out APBs on black Ford Rangers at the state borders or country borders, they're not making sure her pic is spread to the ends of the USA, they're not trying to get country-wide media....

what are they doing?

they're searching the woods and bodies of water within a mile or two from her home. they have some seriously strong reason to think the perp had major bad plans when arriving at her home at 9pm.

Why do they behave as if they have no practical hope whatsoever of finding her alive? Because, obviously they're not searching these places expecting to find her sitting in a lawn chair next to a tent, right?

ETA: The ONLY thing I can think, is whatever that 9:18pm text message said that she sent.

It must have been particularly dire..

I wish we had details about that text message.

"Over 400 people signed up to help Game Wardens search the woods along 221, not far from where Cable was last seen on Spruce Lane."

This is newly specific. So, the tire tracks from yesterday's intense investigation were on the same road she was lsat seen on. Wouldn't her mom have heard if she got in the truck and it immediately got into an accident and ran off the road? Or maybe the tracks weren't a sign of an accident... maybe they were just plain old tracks. ?.

http://www.foxbangor.com/news/local-news/1875-search-for-nichole-cable-brings-in-volunteers.html

I keep thinking maybe she made an attempt to escape from the vehicle -- maybe actually did for a brief time, maybe long enough to send a text -- and the marks are from the driver skidding to a stop, attempting to run her down, or something similar.

Has there been anything said about her phone and whether they've traced that? Could that be why they are pretty specific in their search areas?

I think there's been a lot that they know that they've not been saying since day one.

I think to myself, it was a week today. They're not putting out APBs on black Ford Rangers at the state borders or country borders, they're not making sure her pic is spread to the ends of the USA, they're not trying to get country-wide media....

what are they doing?

they're searching the woods and bodies of water within a mile or two from her home. they have some seriously strong reason to think the perp had major bad plans when arriving at her home at 9pm.

Why do they behave as if they have no practical hope whatsoever of finding her alive? Because, obviously they're not searching these places expecting to find her sitting in a lawn chair next to a tent, right?

ETA: The ONLY thing I can think, is whatever that 9:18pm text message said that she sent.

It must have been particularly dire..

Then why wait till the next day to call LE?

Then why wait till the next day to call LE?

Maybe it was something that only seemed dire in retrospect (after she didn't come home). Or maybe it was garbled or ended abruptly, something like that. Or maybe the recipient did not see the text until the next day.

I haven't read every post in the thread, so excuse me if I have missed details about the text. Was it sent to a friend -- or do we even know to whom it was sent?

No, we don't know anything other than that it was the last communication from her cell phone. And we have no idea how her mother went from seeing Nichole in the driveway talking to someone in a dark pickup truck, to deciding the next day to report her missing, nor where the information came fromthat suggested the guy in the vehicle wasn't the same guy she was talking to on facebook.

All the most important details have been kept close to LE's vest since this case broke, which I presume is why they're searching where/how they are.

I read two opposing statements last night. One said that LE didn't need volunteer searchers and the other statement said they did. Does anyone know which is true? tia

I think LE needs ONE spokesperson. The local media needs to print things only from that one person. This would cut down on this nonsense. They all want to be "in the know" and things get garbled and mistakes are made. I think LE starts out telling this and that and then get weary and overwhelmed and don't want to be questioned too much. It's confusing to people who are concerned. If this one person would do a 5 minute news report daily, things would be clearer. Five minutes is not too much to ask. Those wanting to search would be told whether to show up or not, what areas to avoid, or whether to stay out of it. JMO

"“We’re not looking for cigarette butts, we’re not looking for soda cans or water bottles at all. We’re looking for possibly a belt and possibly some jewelry or a cellphone. That’s it.”"

from above link.

interesting.

ETA:
"“Several items were located and investigators will be reviewing these items along with the tips that continue to come in,” he said. “Up to this point the Penobscot County Sheriff’s Office has received more than 200 tips and leads. Ground and air searches will continue tomorrow but at this time no volunteers are needed.”"

This too seems to be very specific! Does anyone else think so?

Is there a lot of litter in the areas being searched?

It just seems, jmo, that unless they didn't have a really good idea what had happened, any little thing could be important? Maybe not the drink containers or cig butts, but u know what I mean?

This too seems to be very specific! Does anyone else think so?

Is there a lot of litter in the areas being searched?

It just seems, jmo, that unless they didn't have a really good idea what had happened, any little thing could be important? Maybe not the drink containers or cig butts, but u know what I mean?

I'm still thinking that maybe she got away briefly and they were looking for things she might have had on her person that might have gotten lost in the scuffle as the perp recaptured her -- something like that. Don't really understand the belt reference, but...?

What has been said about the status of her cell phone -- pinging or not, apparently turned off, what?

The searchers were specifically asked to search for a belt and earrings. I didn't want to think the searchers were specifically asked to look for these, but after reading many FB comments, I'm afraid the rest of her clothing might have been found.

BREAKING NEWS: Body Found Likely That Of Missing Teen, Police Say

GLENBURN (WGME) -- State Police say a body has been found that is likely that of 15-year-old Nichole Cable of Glenburn.

The teen was last seen around 9 p.m. Sunday, May 12 at her home.

Police say the body was found around 9:30 Monday night by Maine Warden Service in an undisclosed wooded location. The body will be recovered at daylight Tuesday morning, according to State Police.

There will be a news conference at 10 a.m. Tuesday morning at the Penobscot County Sheriff's Office.

http://www.wgme.com/news/top-stories/stories/wgme_vid_16974.shtml

Oh no. I logged back in just in time to read this sad news...

Was so much hoping they would find her alive.

This is an awful case -- what a terrifying set of circumstances.

This is terrible.

I am still reeling from the recovery of Sidney Randall's body in Arkansas.

What happened to Nichole seems so evil... picked out online by a predator impersonating her friend and snatched from her own driveway? I hope LE can find answers and prosecute this individual.

This is terrible.

What happened to Nichole seems so evil... picked out online by a predator impersonating her friend and snatched from her own driveway? I hope LE can find answers and prosecute this individual.

Yeah, this and Sidney is almost too much. They look so much alike too, that's what hit me.

This is terrible.

bbm: Yes, it's horrifying.

I have to believe they are gonna catch this perp. This was so brazen.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eddie_van
Back