Men Who've Murdered Their Wives: A Comprehensive List Compiled by Our Sleuthers

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
ABC7Chicago.com: Estranged husband convicted in wife's shooting death

...Drexel's defense was that White had produced the gun and that she was accidentally shot in a struggle. Prosecutors called that claim laughable if it weren't so sad. Ronyale White's tape tells a different story.

"That microcassette is invaluable. It's absolutely invaluable. And the idea that a woman would have the presence of mind that she did to actually push play, and actually end up recording her death, is a testament to what a wonderful woman and beautiful woman she was -- and so smart," said Beth Pfeiffer, assistant state's attorney...

City to pay more than $4 million to family of murdered woman Chicago Sun-Times - Find Articles

Supervisors said the officers should have arrived in 5 to 7 minutes. The officers said they were inspecting their vehicle and then searching the neighborhood after hearing her husband, Louis Drexel, had fled the house.

They were suspended after attempts to fire them failed.

White had a restraining order against Drexel, who is in prison serving a life sentence for her murder...

Thanks for all the information JerseyGirl.
I hope life in prison really means he spends his whole worthless life in prison. We know of so many cases where it really doesn't end up as truly life in prison at all.

Aussiegran - is it the case in Indiana that I posted about? Alan Matheny was let out on an 8 hour furlough and went straight to his ex-wife's (Lisa Bianco) home, broke in and chased her through the neighborhood and then killed her by beating her with a shotgun? That's the only case I can think of.
Hi hoosierem
No it wasnt that one ,the one I'm thinking of happened in her house ,911 got it all on tape because she was talking to them begging for help.there are so many when you google murdered wife its awful .
thanks anyway
Aussie

Thanks JerseyGirl
I added the information you found,I couldnt find some of them in a few articles it doesnt name the wife for some reason?I am making 2 lists because there are so many.

In Colombia, life insurance often is a health hazard - murder-for-insurance scams Insight on the News - Find Articles

Even in more regulated countries, such as the United States, several recent cases have made the headlines. Last year, Lowell Amos of Detroit was convicted of first-degree murder for smothering his third wife with a pillow to collect a lucrative policy. During his trial, Amos was dubbed a modern Bluebeard because his first two wives and his mother also died under suspicious circumstances -- deaths that netted Amos more than $1 million in life-insurance benefits.

serial killer true crime library * serial killer news * list of serial killers * serial murder * female serial killers * crim...

Lowell, a former General Motors plant manager from Anderson, Indiana, claimed his wife, Roberta Mowery Amos, 37, died from an accidental drug overdose during sex play in which he was inserting cocaine into her body. However, a coroner's autopsy revealed that her body contained 15 times the amount of cocaine needed to kill a person...

Rabbi Fred Neulander-Carol Neulander
Michael Nock-Danielle Apodaca
Joseph Oliver-Saprina Oliver
Richard Overton-Janet Overton
Ralf Panitz -Eleanor Panitz
Kristopher Parker -Tiffany Parker
John Peek-Carol Marlin-kasi Peek
Ismail Peltek-Hatice Peltek
Michael Peterson-Kathleen Peterson
Scott Peterson-Laci Peterson
Martwain Phillips-Lena Murphy Phillips
Steven Poaches -LatoyiaFiguero(pregnant)
Steven Potter-Jessica Morgan
Warren Powell_MaryAnn Powell
Simon Rios -Anna Casas
Craig Rabinowitz -Stephanie Newman
Quinton Ray-Sue Anne Ray
Brad Reay-Tammi Reay
Kelly Roberts' -Dawn Robert's
Randy Roth- -Cynthia Baumgartner-Janis Miranda
James Rouse - Donna Rouse
Shaun Rudy-Christine Rudy (pregnant)
Derek Sawyer -Gretchen Sawyer
Brian Schlaepfer-Jocelyn Schlaepfer
L. Ewing Scott-Evelyn Scott
Victor Serrato-Miriam Carmona -pregnant
John Sharpe-Anna Sharpe (pregnant)
Richard Sharpe-Karen Sharpe
Sam Sheppard-Marilyn Sheppard
steven sherer-Jami Sherer
Prof. Ed Sherman-
Frank Simon -Tammy Simon
Ronald Gene Simmons-Rebecca simmons
Everette Simpson-Estelle Simpson-Virginia Hudson-Ruby Richardson
OJ Simpson-Nicole Brown
Ioannis Skellas-Karen Skellas
Paul Snider-Dorothy Stratton
Charles Stuart-Carol Stuart
James Sullivan -Lita Sullivan
Christopher Swift- Amy Swift
William Sybers-Kay Sybers
Elias Syriani-Teresa Syriani
Jake Taylor-Rachel Pendray
Dr. Ken Taylor-Teresa Taylor
Colin Thatcher-JoAnne Thatcher
Dr. David Tipton-Karen Tipton
Alofa Time-Theresa Time
Tom Toolan-Beth Lochtefeld
Fred Tokars-Sara Tokars
John Trevino-Carol Trevino
Jean-Baptiste-Troppman-
Barry Vick-
claus von bulow-Sunny von bulow
James Dewey Waller-Cassandra Adney
Gerald Watkins-Beth Anne Anderson
Jim Watson-Beverly Watson
Michael White-Liana White (pregnant)
Rick Williams-Hetty Williams
Dan Willoughby-Patricia Willoughby
Dickie F. Wimmer-
Raymond Wood-Tina Wood

Prof. Ed Sherman-
Alofa Time-Theresa Time. Killed her and then ran his car into another vehicle, killing a mother and her 4 year-old child. An 8 year-old child was injured but not killed. Mrs. Time's severed head was discovered at the scene of the car accident.
Jean-Baptiste-Troppman-
Barry Vick-
Dickie F. Wimmer- Wimmer was upset because his relationship with his wife was faltering, went to an Oceana apartment where she and their two children were staying January 15, 1979. After a confrontation with his estranged wife, Wimmer shot her to death. He also shot to death his 6-year-old daughter and 3-year-old son. I can't find their names. According to an article dated November 1988, Wimmer had escaped from prison with another inmate.
Raymond Wood- Tina Wood and her six young children (aged from 18 months to 10 years) had been shot. The two youngest children were wounded, but alive. The four other children, and their mother, were dead. Raymond Wood was arrested at the scene. Some articles state that Mr. Wood suffered serious mental illness.

JerseyGirl -I just found this awful news article .
:furious: why was he charged with second degree murder?

An honor killing in Scottsville, New York. What was the dishonor? Well, part of it was that his four-year-old daughter had been "sullied" by a gynecological exam. For this she had to be killed. From the Rochester Democrat & Chronicle, with thanks to LGF:
April 24, 2004) — Ismail Peltek, who was indicted Friday on charges of second-degree murder in the April 15 slaying of his wife, Hatice Peltek, claimed he attacked his wife and daughters after learning that his brother had molested his wife and his 22-year-old daughter, according to court documents.​

We will soon be adding Mr. Cutts and Mr. Vaughn to the list. Arrests of both this weekend.

JerseyGirl -I just found this awful news article .
:furious: why was he charged with second degree murder?

An honor killing in Scottsville, New York. What was the dishonor? Well, part of it was that his four-year-old daughter had been "sullied" by a gynecological exam. For this she had to be killed.
These honor killings are something fairly new to me - I hadn't realized how common that seems to be. It just blows my mind and it's equally baffling to me how this can be considered second degree.

Until a couple of days ago, I didn't even realize this site existed:

International Campaign Against Honour Killings › News

Now I can't believe the stuff that I've read. Just when you think you've seen it all ... :(

We will soon be adding Mr. Cutts and Mr. Vaughn to the list. Arrests of both this weekend.
SewingDeb, who is Mr. Vaughn? It must be a case I'm not following.

ETA: Never mind, I just saw the sickening story on television. What a beautiful family - there's no end to these horrible stories, is there?

SewingDeb, who is Mr. Vaughn? It must be a case I'm not following.

ETA: Never mind, I just saw the sickening story on television. What a beautiful family - there's no end to these horrible stories, is there?

I couldn't remember his first name...so I addressed him as Mr. Vaughn. There really is no end to these horrible stories.

Here is a YouTube presentation....not all are spousal murders but many are:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mg3uDbVjUQw&mode=related&search=

The title is: Officer-Involved Domestic Fatalities - 1

:( Raymond Eugene Johnson-Brooke Whitaker

Violence Against Women in the United States
MURDER. Every day four women die in this country as a result of domestic violence, the euphemism for murders and assaults by husbands and boyfriends. That's approximately 1,400 women a year, according to the FBI. The number of women who have been murdered by their intimate partners is greater than the number of soldiers killed in the Vietnam War.
http://www.now.org/issues/violence/stats.html

Chris Benoit - Nancy Benoit (I still can't believe I had to type that.)

John Hightower was executed Tuesday in Georgia for the murder of his wife Dorothy Hightower, and his two stepdaughters, Evelyn Reaves and Sandra Reaves.

There's only a small blurb in this article about another execution:
http://www.cnn.com/2007/LAW/06/26/execution.joke.ap/index.html

Eta: Just found a longer article on him:
http://www.wsbtv.com/news/13576211/detail.html

Hightower made a brief final statement in which he apologized to the victims' family and asked for their forgiveness. "I want to say that I'm sorry for the grief I brought to the Reaves family," he said. He also thanked his family and friends for their support over the years. "Last but not least, I thank my mother for being by me for so long," Hightower said.

He declined a final prayer. His pastor, a friend and a paralegal were the only witnesses for him who attended the execution. There were no witnesses from his wife's family. Earlier Tuesday, he recorded a statement for prison officials in which he apologized for his crime and said he loved his wife then and still does.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahburhouse
Back