Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Meredith's Lack of Usual Activities

Meredith Kercher typically sent a large number of text messages each day, but sent no texts, emails or placed any calls on the night of the murder. The appeals argue that this lack of normal phone activity is a strong indicator that Meredith was attacked shortly after she arrived home for the evening, around 9 p.m. At 8:56 p.m. Meredith attempted to call her mother and the call didn't connect. The appeals contend that it was extremely unusual for her not to try again. Meredith was concerned for her ill mother and usually called her parents before going to bed.

Meredith had also left a load of wet laundry in the machine while she went to her friend's place for dinner. Normally, she would have removed the laundry upon her return and hung it on a drying rack. Instead, the wet laundry was found still inside the machine after her death, yet another indicator of an early attack.http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/6030636/time_of_death_crucial_issue_in_amanda_pg2.html?cat=17

To my thinking, if all of the above is part of what the appeal will be going over, then AK and RS stand a strong chance of having convictions overturned. How can all of this be waved away?

To my thinking, if all of the above is part of what the appeal will be going over, then AK and RS stand a strong chance of having convictions overturned. How can all of this be waved away?

Lots of good info in your posts!
Not sure if the appeal is limited to just the DNA findings - in which case so much of what we are bringing up is sadly moot now.
Anyone know for sure?

Not sure if the appeal is limited to just the DNA findings - in which case so much of what we are bringing up is sadly moot now.
Anyone know for sure?
This is what I am wondering??? It seems with all of THIS info, there is a VERY strong case for appeal of conviction. HOWEVER, if the court is going to ignore all this massively important stuff and focus only on foregone conclusions and petty details, this seems an empty gesture, not a real appeal, and suspect. In any case, UNjust. I wish we knew...

Nova here is additional backup re the 9:46 computer activity on RS's computer

The help Amelie couldn't give comes by surprise from a Manga cartoon: Naruto. That night Raffaele, after having downloaded a Naruto cartoon, has opened it and then closed at 9.46 pm. If this is true he could hardly have been in time for the orgy at via della pergola (and if you miss preliminaries you miss everything).

http://perugia-shock.blogspot.com/2008/10/raffaele-was-watching-cartoons.html

I wish we had a single timeline we could trust.

I previously read there was confirmed computer activity as late as 9:46, but otto or someone directed me to a timeline that shows no definite human interaction with the computer after 9:10. (I'm not blaming otto, just saying there are a lot of different timelines out there.)

The 9:46 event makes sense, given the prosecutions desire to push the TOD back to after 11. If, as some of us suspect, the bank call came from MK's attacker around 10, then AK and RS quite literally didn't have enough time to get together with RG and form a conspiracy.

Thanks.

The reason I am so confused is, I had originally heard that in Italy, the first appeal is a comprehensive review of ALL that went on in court, covering ALL documents. Then, I later heard they had been granted only a tiny slice: review of 2 DNA items and review of Toto witness. Nothing else: No luminol, no time of death, nothing of what I have posted from articles above. How can this be????? :(

yep,my neighbor gave me one as a joke gift when I left a very long time realationship....it's great for eye massages :loser: seriously

And where is your eye located?

:waitasec:

Just kidding.

yes,it's weird how the crap is so significant,I never thought a crap could be so scary but given the circumstances I understand.
I think RS turned on AK because they told him about the guy she was with in the laundry,I think that made him think twice.
I don't understand either why they selected FR's room for the break in,whether staged or not,IMO no one cold have gotten into that window and yes,MK's room is on the same height but it doesn't seem to have the possibility to maybe get in from the side ?
I think RG gave a good clue about having waited for MK to return in his diary,I think that's a good possibility how he got in...

Yes, his diary is full of clues, I agree. I want to discuss a lot of them. I just got finished reading his diary and I'm still marinating on the information, really.

I'm interested to go through his statements because, so far, he's the only who has stated to have seen MK last. And his reasons for not calling the police are pitiful, especially considering that he had his choice of an English or Italian cell phone. Unless, of course, his answer is that the racist murderer was already gone with MK's phones. So to be clear, there is no land line in the cottage? Just wondering.

It was skin cells, from a digital assault. I doubt very much it was consensual, just as you do- and yes, that story is quite a tall tale in this context. ;)

Oh, this was the only other thing I could come up with, but I wasn't sure how to phrase it or if I could outright say it on the site. But there was seman found on the pillow beneath her, right?

Thanks!

I wish we had a single timeline we could trust.

I previously read there was confirmed computer activity as late as 9:46, but otto or someone directed me to a timeline that shows no definite human interaction with the computer after 9:10. (I'm not blaming otto, just saying there are a lot of different timelines out there.)

The 9:46 event makes sense, given the prosecutions desire to push the TOD back to after 11. If, as some of us suspect, the bank call came from MK's attacker around 10, then AK and RS quite literally didn't have enough time to get together with RG and form a conspiracy.

Thanks.

actually the 9:10 - 9:46 is one and the same .... this would of been the time from start to finish of the cartoon

The reason I am so confused is, I had originally heard that in Italy, the first appeal is a comprehensive review of ALL that went on in court, covering ALL documents. Then, I later heard they had been granted only a tiny slice: review of 2 DNA items and review of Toto witness. Nothing else: No luminol, no time of death, nothing of what I have posted from articles above. How can this be????? :(

I've heard the same conflicting explanations and am equally confused.

actually the 9:10 - 9:46 is one and the same .... this would of been the time from start to finish of the cartoon

Did RS have to be there when the cartoon finished? Or could he have just walked away and left the computer running?

Do you know?

Anyone know for sure?

The truth is we simply do not know. This is what they allowed so far. Whether they will allow more items to be re-examined I am sure will be a good indicator of whether this is just for show or about justice

There has not yet been a ruling on the other items as of yet

Do you have a link to that part about RG's diary? I have never seen it. Thanks. :)

Before my meeting with Meredith, I went to the town
center. I walked around, to see where to eat. Then I
decided to eat at the Kebap, so I went toward the one
that’s next to “La Tana dell’Orso.” I met Philip there, an
Austrian friend who was speaking with a girl and he
directed me to the Kebap and I ordered something to
eat. I waited a bit because in front of me there were
two girls who were ordering. Then I ate and went
towards Philip, who was still talking. With Philip I
talked at length, then we agreed to meet later at Alex’s
place. I told Philip I had to go meet someone, and he
jokingly asked me if it was a guy or a girl. I pointed out
it was a girl, because he was referring to an awful onenight
stand that happened to me a few days before,
regarding a “guy.”
Then I headed for Meredith’s house. With all the
running around I did, I think it would have been around
8:30, approximately. Because we were supposed to
see each other at that time, even though I didn’t have a
watch I tried to arrive on time, because I usually arrive
late. As I arrived in front of the house, I noticed a white
car with headlights on, and a Drug-Dealer I often saw
on Garibaldi Avenue, but I didn’t make much of this,
and I went into the yard. I knocked on the door, but no
one answered. I went downstairs to the guys’ place,
but no one was there either. So then, I waited in the
yard

page (either 17 or 20. My PDF doesn't start until page 3 with his actual writing)

Some time later, here's Meredith, she was smiling, and
asked me how long I’d been waiting, and I told her for
about one minute.
She smiled, then took the keys out
of her purse, opened the door, and we entered. There
wasn't anyone in the house because it was dark
everywhere, in the kitchen, in the living room, then she
yelled "Anybody here," to let people know she was
back, but there was no answer from the other rooms.
Even though I’d bought some drinks with the kebab, I
needed to drink some more because it was very spicy,
and I asked her if I could drink something. She told me
to help myself as if I was at my place. I opened the
fridge and drank some apricot juice and water too.
Since she wasn't paying attention, I drank out of the
bottle because I didn't know where the glasses were,
and then I sat down.

The next page.

Isn't interesting how he saw "So I waited in the yard. Sometime Later....Meredith asked how long I'd been waiting. I said about one minute."

I know he's lying about it all, and maybe I'm looking too closely, but "Sometime later" and "one minute" don't add up.

Did RS have to be there when the cartoon finished? Or could he have just walked away and left the computer running?

Do you know?

Your computer activity leaves what I call fingerprints. I dont think many realize how much information a computer logs about your activity. The fact that RS's defense has brought it into the appeal tells me they have some solid information with respect to the 9:10 - 9:46

Oh, this was the only other thing I could come up with, but I wasn't sure how to phrase it or if I could outright say it on the site. But there was seman found on the pillow beneath her, right?

Thanks!
Yes. I have heard of semen on the pillow beneath her, and I find it EXTREMELY alarming that this would not be tested???

Well, reading Guede's diary, I feel very sorry for him. Of course he is lying like a horse, and I do not believe he had a date with Meredith, who was already seeing another boy from downstairs. There may be some truth between the lines, a few things he says ring true. I still do not see how Guede, Knox, and Sollecito all came together and killed MK that night.

Interesting you say this, because from what I read, the diary makes no mention of the bf from downstairs and Meredith. RG seems totally centered on MK as if she is single. I don't know when she started dating the guy, but if we take what RG says as true, that he met AK first at Le Chic and then MK with AK a few nights later, right? then we can narrow down some of the time frames. If anyone knows when MK started dating that guy, please share.

p. 18 of Rudy's diary: "I don't know what problems she had with Amanda, but I heard her complaining, so I got up and went to her room. I saw she was furious and she said - her exact words - "That *advertiser censored* of a doper." Heavy words for two people who are friends. Seems to have a ring of truth: Perhaps he witnessed this at a prior time?

It depends on when he wrote this and how much news he'd been reading, in my opinion.

Yes. I have heard of semen on the pillow beneath her, and I find it EXTREMELY alarming that this would not be tested???

That was a grave mistake. It could have proven to be RG's, RS's, or an unknown. So why not test it? I'm baffled. Test the crap in the toilet, but not the seman in a possible rape (sexual assault at the least.)

Before my meeting with Meredith, I went to the town
center. I walked around, to see where to eat. Then I
decided to eat at the Kebap, so I went toward the one
that’s next to “La Tana dell’Orso.” I met Philip there, an
Austrian friend who was speaking with a girl and he
directed me to the Kebap and I ordered something to
eat. I waited a bit because in front of me there were
two girls who were ordering. Then I ate and went
towards Philip, who was still talking. With Philip I
talked at length, then we agreed to meet later at Alex’s
place. I told Philip I had to go meet someone, and he
jokingly asked me if it was a guy or a girl. I pointed out
it was a girl, because he was referring to an awful onenight
stand that happened to me a few days before,
regarding a “guy.”
Then I headed for Meredith’s house. With all the
running around I did, I think it would have been around
8:30, approximately. Because we were supposed to
see each other at that time, even though I didn’t have a
watch I tried to arrive on time, because I usually arrive
late. As I arrived in front of the house, I noticed a white
car with headlights on, and a Drug-Dealer I often saw
on Garibaldi Avenue, but I didn’t make much of this,
and I went into the yard. I knocked on the door, but no
one answered. I went downstairs to the guys’ place,
but no one was there either. So then, I waited in the
yard

page (either 17 or 20. My PDF doesn't start until page 3 with his actual writing)

Some time later, here's Meredith, she was smiling, and
asked me how long I’d been waiting, and I told her for
about one minute.
She smiled, then took the keys out
of her purse, opened the door, and we entered. There
wasn't anyone in the house because it was dark
everywhere, in the kitchen, in the living room, then she
yelled "Anybody here," to let people know she was
back, but there was no answer from the other rooms.
Even though I’d bought some drinks with the kebab, I
needed to drink some more because it was very spicy,
and I asked her if I could drink something. She told me
to help myself as if I was at my place. I opened the
fridge and drank some apricot juice and water too.
Since she wasn't paying attention, I drank out of the
bottle because I didn't know where the glasses were,
and then I sat down.

The next page.

Isn't interesting how he saw "So I waited in the yard. Sometime Later....Meredith asked how long I'd been waiting. I said about one minute."

I know he's lying about it all, and maybe I'm looking too closely, but "Sometime later" and "one minute" don't add up.
VERY true!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member