Meredith Kercher murdered-Amanda Knox appeals conviction #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's look at another part of the article dated 25 November 2007:

"Amanda tried much harder, but was less popular. I didn't realise it at the time, but now I see that she was jealous. She wanted to be the queen bee, and as the weeks passed, it became clear that she wasn't. She hated anyone stealing her limelight ? and that included Meredith."

Was Knox jealous of Meredith? Did she want to be the queen bee and was it clear that she hated Meredith? Did Knox go to a Roman Catholic school?

The article is full of errors, but if we're going to accept that Patrick was beaten, then I suppose Knox attended a Roman Catholic school and hated women.

From the article:

"Amanda, meanwhile, was becoming increasingly erratic. "Her moods started swinging from docile and lazy to hyperactive and flighty.

"I knew she smoked cannabis and it was impossible to predict which one she'd be.

"I told her I'd asked Meredith to come and work for me and her face dropped and there was a big silence. Then she said, 'Fine,' and stropped off. I knew then she was extremely jealous of Meredith. She obviously thought she was invading her territory."

By Tuesday, October 30, his patience ran out. He told Amanda she could carry on handing out club flyers, but could no longer work in the bar.

"She looked at me blankly and walked away," he says. "The club was busy and I didn't see her again that evening."

The next day Amanda attended a Hallowe'en party at the club, knocking back the free red wine. "She was all over two American boys," Patrick says. "There was no sign of Sollecito and I didn't see her leave."

So would you agree that Knox was fired?
1. I agree that Patrick says she was. I agree that all that PL says, is to his thinking, true. YES, absolutely. She was fired. And he came to hate her, obviously.
1a. PL was beaten and terrorized, as he states.
2. Frank Sfarzo is a blogger, yes, but of journalistic caliber. The prestigious association defends him.

Let's look at another part of the article:

"Amanda tried much harder, but was less popular. I didn't realise it at the time, but now I see that she was jealous. She wanted to be the queen bee, and as the weeks passed, it became clear that she wasn't. She hated anyone stealing her limelight ? and that included Meredith."

Was Knox jealous of Meredith? Did she want to be the queen bee and was it clear that she hated Meredith? Did Knox go to a Roman Catholic school?

The article is full of errors, but if we're going to accept that Patrick was beaten, then I suppose Knox attended a Roman Catholic school and hated women.

From the article:

"Amanda, meanwhile, was becoming increasingly erratic. "Her moods started swinging from docile and lazy to hyperactive and flighty.

"I knew she smoked cannabis and it was impossible to predict which one she'd be.

"I told her I'd asked Meredith to come and work for me and her face dropped and there was a big silence. Then she said, 'Fine,' and stropped off. I knew then she was extremely jealous of Meredith. She obviously thought she was invading her territory."

By Tuesday, October 30, his patience ran out. He told Amanda she could carry on handing out club flyers, but could no longer work in the bar.

"She looked at me blankly and walked away," he says. "The club was busy and I didn't see her again that evening."

The next day Amanda attended a Hallowe'en party at the club, knocking back the free red wine. "She was all over two American boys," Patrick says. "There was no sign of Sollecito and I didn't see her leave."
OK. Fine. So???:waitasec:

1. I agree that Patrick says she was. I agree that all that PL says, is to his thinking, true. YES, absolutely. She was fired. And he came to hate her, obviously.
1a. PL was beaten and terrorized, as he states.
2. Frank Sfarzo is a blogger, yes, but of journalistic caliber. The prestigious association defends him.

Bloggers are not journalists. Journalists study journalism and report the news, bloggers spread opinions on the internet.

I thought Knox attended a Jesuit school. Can I assume that you agree with the article that she attended Roman Catholic school.

OK. Fine. So???:waitasec:

Patrick describes a woman increasingly out of control, so I suppose it is no surprise that she murdered her roommate and blamed an innocent man ... or was she increasingly out of control, blamed an innocent man of murder, but she had nothing to do with the murder.

So would you agree that Knox was fired?

Malkmus and I went to and fro on this, and it ended with a truce of different opinions.

While probably true that Patrick was highly displeased with AK's work and had demoted (in my opinion) her (or was about to) to handing out flyers instead of waitressing one could take the opinion that she was fired from waitressing. Although one also has to take the position of waitressing being a better job title instead of flyer handerouter. And as Malkmus did say, she could have gotten other jobs or possibly not even needed to work anyway. Thus the truce. :truce:

She was definately not totally fired from working for Patrick... yet.

Bloggers are not journalists. Journalists study journalism and report the news, bloggers spread opinions on the internet.

I thought Knox attended a Jesuit school. Can I assume that you agree with the article that she attended Roman Catholic school.
They mistook Jesuit and Catholic as one and the same, as I would. And I am sorry, but getting a degree in journalism does NOT make one a better writer or reporter. Sorry. I lean toward classical idealism and essentialism. One IS or is not good at critical analysis. It cannot be taught. I am sick of , "does he have a degree" in this age of mediocre colleges and universities as big business diploma mills. So many low brow people with big degrees and the standards drop so that I was teaching illiterates in college. My sister is a reporter and editor and did not study journalism, but got a BA in English Lit. She wrote as well as she does now at age 14. Judge Frank by his writing, and cut the crap.

Malkmus and I went to and fro on this, and it ended with a truce of different opinions.

While probably true that Patrick was highly displeased with AK's work and had demoted (in my opinion) her (or was about to) to handing out flyers instead of waitressing one could take the opinion that she was fired from waitressing. Although one also has to take the position of waitressing being a better job title instead of flyer handerouter. And as Malkmus did say, she could have gotten other jobs or possibly not even needed to work anyway. Thus the truce. :truce:

good god, you really are honest.

I am pretty sure she was not fired ... but I am going from memory of court testimony.

Patrick describes a woman increasingly out of control, so I suppose it is no surprise that she murdered her roommate and blamed an innocent man ... or was she increasingly out of control, blamed an innocent man of murder, but she had nothing to do with the murder.
I have gone through many life periods, and my sister as well, where we were increasingly out of control. We did not murder. Where was Knox's violence?

They mistook Jesuit and Catholic as one and the same, as I would. And I am sorry, but getting a degree in journalism does NOT make one a better writer or reporter. Sorry. I lean toward classical idealism and essentialism. One IS or is not good at critical analysis. It cannot be taught. I am sick of , "does he have a degree" in this age of mediocre colleges and universities as big business diploma mills. So many low brow people with big degrees and the standards drop so that I was teaching illiterates in college. My sister is a reporter and editor and did not study journalism, but got a BA in English Lit. She wrote as well as she does now at age 14. Judge Frank by his writing, and cut the crap.

Mediocre is not a word applied to most universities that I am familiar with, but if we assume that universities are mediocre, then perhaps a degree from a place like that does nothing to advance education and knowledge ... so bloggers can be described as journalists in that context ... but that is not how most see it ... and not many go to the blogs to read the news - so I think most agree that bloggers are not journalists.

That reminds me of the argument that there are book smarts and street smarts but it makes no difference, so a guy with street smarts can just as easily be a surgeon as the guy with book smarts. Newspapers often hire people with 4 year English degrees. Is that the training that Frank has.

Mediocre is not a word applied to most universities that I am familiar with, but if we assume that universities are mediocre, then perhaps a degree from a place like that does nothing to advance education and knowledge ... so bloggers can be described as journalists in that context ... but that is not how most see it ... and not many go to the blogs to read the news - so I think most agree that bloggers are not journalists.

That reminds me of the argument that there are book smarts and street smarts but it makes no difference, so a guy with street smarts can just as easily be a surgeon as the guy with book smarts. Newspapers often hire people with 4 year English degrees. Is that the training that Frank has.
Then you are not familiar with many private Universities in the US. I never said Frank had "street smarts".

I have gone through many life periods, and my sister as well, where we were increasingly out of control. We did not murder. Where was Knox's violence?

According to the article, Knox hated women, was drugged up, eratic, unpredictable, unreliable, increasingly out of control, coming on to many men, jealous of Meredith ... that is a bit out there if you ask me.

Knox was voilent in her short stories and while commiting murder.

Guys I have to say, as a Brit I can tell you that the Daily Mail is generally not a reputable source of information. I certainly wouldn't trust them personally.

Then you are not familiar with many private Universities in the US. I never said Frank had "street smarts".

That is correct. I am aware of how those private Universities are viewed in other countries and degrees from some of them are not valued outside of the US. Many countries do not have private Universities. So Frank does or does not have a four year degree in English literature.

Guys I have to say, as a Brit I can tell you that the Daily Mail is generally not a reputable source of information. I certainly wouldn't trust them personally.

Exactly. It is a rag mag and the Nov. 25, 2007 article is filled with errors, but because it is the one and only media link containing the allegation that Patrick was beaten by police, it keeps surfacing as being a factual article.

That is correct. I am aware of how those private Universities are viewed in other countries and degrees from some of them are not valued outside of the US. Many countries do not have private Universities. So Frank does or does not have a four year degree in English literature.
Right, you have not read the plethora of books on the decline of academic standards in the U.S. I have. Most of them written by professors. Are you saying that the journalistic association made a big boo boo in defending Frank, then??? I said I like his writing; I know good writing when I see it. I am descended from a very famous American author. Now what is your beef, then, Otto?

According to the article, Knox hated women, was drugged up, eratic, unpredictable, unreliable, increasingly out of control, coming on to many men, jealous of Meredith ... that is a bit out there if you ask me.

Knox was voilent in her short stories and while commiting murder.
Tell me how she was while she committed the murder. You know this for fact, then? Please tell me.

Right, you have not read the plethora of books on the decline of academic standards in the U.S. I have. Most of them written by professors. Are you saying that the journalistic association made a big boo boo in defending Frank, then??? I said I like his writing; I know good writing when I see it. I am descended from a very famous American author. Now what is your beef, then, Otto?

Professors are rather disappointed with the calibre of students these days, particularly points like: students expecting at least a B for showing up for class and an A for submitting assignments ... and all sorts of other funny things ... or students deciding that they want to submit a paper on a subject that is not part of the course material. I suspect professors all over the world are seeing funny things in the entitled modern day student.

However, that has nothing to do with Frank. He is a blogger and he was not beaten by police.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anyclimate3010