Meter Reader

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another excellent post SS, I've enjoyed your thought process all along.

Who could be doing this? It would have to be a multi-millionaire who stands to make countless millions off of the media blitzkrieg. Perhaps they are basking in the continued drama (Television ratings? Magazine sales? Movie rights?) ...perhaps they have enough control somehow to drag out this nightmare longer than necessary even. At this moment it leads me to the actual "Media" corporations themselves. Though I dont have any idea how.
Off Topic: Thanks! Not sure about my thought processes tho...they take a leave now and then. LOL

I thought about it being Geraldo or Fox, but it doesn't appear that he is getting really the kind of stories out of this that would warrant that much money and Fox is getting good coverage, but nothing really spectacular either.

The media corporation (Sun something ?) that backed Vergie all through the ANS saga came to mind, too. They tossed a lot of money at that one and didn't get much in return.

Back On Topic:

The meter guy could have had a lot more information when he made those calls (or speculation on his part), but the nature of this investigation plus the media circus surrounding it may have been preventing him from wanting the scrutiny to fall on him and his family. I can't say that I blame him as he is really in it now. People are dissecting him from every angle and going to go after him like he is the devil himself for finding Caylee.

We have to remember...there are people who did NOT want Caylee to be found. Period. A lot was riding on Caylee staying in that field and it is serious business when you are talking about the murder of a child.

We have to remember...there are people who did NOT want Caylee to be found. Period. A lot was riding on Caylee staying in that field and it is serious business when you are talking about the murder of a child.

Good point - but, if the intent was that Caylee never be found, why dump her body there? There has to be hundreds of places where she would never, ever be found. Why there? Why not further down the end of Suburban where there is even more area to hide her body - there was no fence there at the time Caylee supposedly was murdered (sorry that's speculation without fact - let's say died).

Good point - but, if the intent was that Caylee never be found, why dump her body there? There has to be hundreds of places where she would never, ever be found. Why there? Why not further down the end of Suburban where there is even more area to hide her body - there was no fence there at the time Caylee supposedly was murdered (sorry that's speculation without fact - let's say died).
Funny thing...no one else seemed to be able to find it and the defense only had to pray it stayed hidden until after the trial was over. (You can call it "died", but I call it murder. They have proof it was murder and that is NOT speculation as it was factual evidence which was given to the Grand Jury to indict her.)

Ok, so what is round, white and looks out of place in a swampy, illegal, neighborhood garbage dump site? Anyone?

5 gallon bucket? - No, one would expect these in dumps.
Round concrete paver? No, it is expected and would not look white at all.
Skull? No, that did not appear until 12/11.

I guess I am having a hard time trying to think of what would look out of place there.

He mentions a downed tree and a white board too. Something that was cut on or something like that. I don't know if the tree was cut, or the board - it is not clear.

A round white "thing", a white board and a downed tree in a swampy garbage dump.

BULLCHIT. There has to be more to his story. No one would think twice about this kind of trash where it was found. Certainly not enough to call LE over it. Either he is psychic or he saw something much more definable that made him call.

I think the round white thing he saw was the skull, but he was not certain until his return in December.

I think the round white thing he saw was the skull, but he was not certain until his return in December.

So from his perspective it was just a round white thing. Why would that be suspicious unless it looked like a skull? Should a person call authorities three days in a row about a round white thing under those circumstances? Why not just get closer to see what it is so that you don't waste anyone's time?

So from his perspective it was just a round white thing. Why would that be suspicious unless it looked like a skull? Should a person call authorities three days in a row about a round white thing under those circumstances? Why not just get closer to see what it is so that you don't waste anyone's time?

Good point!

Didn't he notice snakes in the area during that time? Perhaps he wasn't going to venture a closer look until some of the vegetation had died down.

Didn't he notice snakes in the area during that time? Perhaps he wasn't going to venture a closer look until some of the vegetation had died down.

He said he saw a dead rattlesnake. But the white thing was suspicious enough to call the police? Wait - how can he see the white thing if the vegetation is dangerously thick (hiding snakes)?

This whole snakes thing iritates me..I grew up in South Florida. The city I lived in was built OVER the Everglades. In elementary school they took us into the Everglades and we waded through the swamp up to our knees with alligators and snakes lurking about. Snakes and alligators will hide when people are around. Sure. people SEE them from time to time, but normally you don't even know they are there. There was no reason for LE or anyone not to look in this area because of a supposed snake.

I'm curious why the meter reader did not, or could not, decribe the "something round and white, and uh I don't know what it is, but it just didn't look like something that should be there..." with any more details. If you don't know what it is - why would you think it shouldn't be there? I guess there was trash in those woods and probably all sorts of things. Did this round white thing look like something a person wouldn't discard? If so, what made it look that way and why didn't he mention that? :waitasec:

Those woods look thick in the crime scene photos and were probably more so back in August. In order to see something on the ground you probably had to be pretty close to it. If you are close to an object you can probably say more about it other than "round and white".

The meter reader seemed vague in a situation that might have been better handled with more specificity.
I agree, that was odd. If you were that close, why not go a little closer?

Ok, so what is round, white and looks out of place in a swampy, illegal, neighborhood garbage dump site? Anyone?

5 gallon bucket? - No, one would expect these in dumps.
Round concrete paver? No, it is expected and would not look white at all.
Skull? No, that did not appear until 12/11.

I guess I am having a hard time trying to think of what would look out of place there.

He mentions a downed tree and a white board too. Something that was cut on or something like that. I don't know if the tree was cut, or the board - it is not clear.

A round white "thing", a white board and a downed tree in a swampy garbage dump.

BULLCHIT. There has to be more to his story. No one would think twice about this kind of trash where it was found. Certainly not enough to call LE over it. Either he is psychic or he saw something much more definable that made him call.

After reading the transcript for the 1000th time, this struck me:
I went down -- well (INAUDIBLE) I went down, and behind one of the trees was a (DELETED) and it looked rather suspicious. I didn`t touch anything. And then a little bit further up, you can tell where someone ran across it with a mower, but the weeds are still real high in that area. There`s a fallen tree that it looks like someone had tried to cut on it at one point. But there was a white board hanging across the tree, and there was something round and white underneath of it. And I don`t know what it is, but it just didn`t look like something that should be there.
I'm wondering if the tree with the board "hanging" across it looked like a cross. The rounded white thing was below it. That would definitely look out of place.

I'm wondering if the tree with the board "hanging" across it looked like a cross. The rounded white thing was below it. That would definitely look out of place.

It would look out of place because it would look like a makeshift cross erected over a skull. I think I would say just that to the dispatcher. Then I would wait for LE to show up and direct them to it.

How exactly does something "hang" accross a fallen tree? Wouldn't it be laying on top of, or leaning against? There is no way anything hangs from something unless it is tied up by something. These tapes are IMO edited to the extent that they make no sense.
Obviously to hide a major screw up by LE.

The only good thing is that looking at the logs, the officers that responded cleared the area within minutes of their arrival at the scene, which means they didn't really look. That looks alot better to a jury rather than a long extended search by LE and coming up empty handed.

This whole snakes thing iritates me..I grew up in South Florida. The city I lived in was built OVER the Everglades. In elementary school they took us into the Everglades and we waded through the swamp up to our knees with alligators and snakes lurking about. Snakes and alligators will hide when people are around. Sure. people SEE them from time to time, but normally you don't even know they are there. There was no reason for LE or anyone not to look in this area because of a supposed snake.
He is from the north, IIRC. Some people have a serious phobia about snakes and gators. Take me for instance...no one will ever find me in Florida after hearing about all the snakes and gators! Thanks, but no thanks!

How exactly does something "hang" accross a fallen tree? Wouldn't it be laying on top of, or leaning against? There is no way anything hangs from something unless it is tied up by something. These tapes are IMO edited to the extent that they make no sense.

The only good thing is that looking at the logs, the officers that responded cleared the area within minutes of their arrival at the scene, which means they didn't really look. That looks alot better to a jury rather than a long extended search by LE and coming up empty handed.
Anything that's been "deleted" out of the tapes has direct reference to the case. It is NOT to cover up anything. It's been happening all through the case.

I don't think the part about the white board is edited. He speaks in complete sentences at that point. There are some edits on the tape. Those could be when he names something that is now in evidence.

They may have been there very briefly because the MR was so vague that they didn't know where to start looking. Stuff is everywhere in the woods and the MR is nowhere to be found. Do you park the squadcar and start searching the entire forest looking at every single thing? It seems so thick in there that a cop might spend hours looking and never get anywhere near where the MR was talking about.

We need more information before declaring LE negligent or improperly dismissive. The MR was vague and we have that on tape.

I don't get it either. If he saw something that looked to him like a skull, why not call in and say he saw something that he thinks might be a skull? LE would have shown up in force. And if he saw a skull, how did it get back into the bag 4 months later?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay