Mexico Mexico - Jenny Chen, 26, Oaxaca, 11 April 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, looking back her husband claims he has filed a missing persons report but there have been no detectives names or numbers, no LE agency numbers to contact. Just the husband's social media again. Has someone seen the assigned case number and agency? Anywhere?

Did Jenny depart the US via plane from WA??? Or did she leave for MX from San Diego? ...Hitchhiking?

Actually, looking back her husband claims he has filed a missing persons report but there have been no detectives names or numbers, no LE agency numbers to contact. Just the husband's social media again. Has someone seen the assigned case number and agency? Anywhere?
I'll bet it isn't easy to file a missing persons report in that part of Mexico. Does he file in Oaxaca, or Cancun?

Also would be impossible for us to check so wouldn't that be convenient for him (if if if) he is lying.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I have been told that you can set your location to anywhere and post it. Having said that the pictures look authentic, but could have been taken at any point, then uploaded one at a time as blog posts. Even so, authorities can always check an electronics trail if they wish to.

Having said that, it's an awful lot of work for someone, unless they're both involved and that would Make it easier.

I don't think anything so planned. I lean towards her purposefully disappearing or given the dangers of Mexico , she met with foul play. Hoping for the former.

A lot of work versus prison time? I personally might at least try to work extra super-hard for some period of time. But I would not put myself in that position in the first place. Still seems like a very elusive mystery to me.

I'll bet it isn't easy to file a missing persons report in that part of Mexico. Does he file in Oaxaca, or Cancun?

Also would be impossible for us to check so wouldn't that be convenient for him (if if if) he is lying.

He said he reported her missing first in Cancun. I suppose that makes sense because that's where she was
supposed to meet him. I'm sorry, but I don't remember whether that was in an early MSM story or JR on FB. I do remember him getting really upset at someone on FB for suggesting that he also report her missing to Seattle LE. He didn't think it would do any good since the U.S. Embassy wasn't helpful. Several on the thread ganged up on the person and said she was upsetting JR with all her questions and suggestions. However, the next day he said he called Seattle LE and they would meet with him the next day. He never said any more about it. I don't remember when he reported her missing in Oaxaca, but he has, because they're the ones he complains about. To my knowledge, he has never mentioned a detective to contact, although I'd have to look at the early missing fliers to be sure...and I'm too lazy.

Did Jenny depart the US via plane from WA??? Or did she leave for MX from San Diego? ...Hitchhiking?

I believe her early FB posts indicated a bus ride to Mexico City. I'm not sure if she left from Tijuana or San Diego.

I mean, okay...but then again - your wife is missing and supposedly was last seen with one of the drivers in an area that you know about. How could you, in good conscience, not follow each of these seven trucks until they stop for food/gas/delivery and ask them if they have seen her?

That seems to me a more productive use of JR's time, instead of creating one more kodak moment sitting around a table, smiling and having lunch.

I agree. Can't hurt, might help. And at least you're doing boots on the ground work looking for your wife. Obviously, even if the driver was a long haul driver he stopped somewhere long enough to pick up Jenny...if he did. But as we know, CN shoots down most ideas.
JMO

I mean, okay...but then again - your wife is missing and supposedly was last seen with one of the drivers in an area that you know about. How could you, in good conscience, not follow each of these seven trucks until they stop for food/gas/delivery and ask them if they have seen her?

That seems to me a more productive use of JR's time, instead of creating one more kodak moment sitting around a table, smiling and having lunch.

Because if there is even the slightest chance Jenny is alive, he needs to let the local professional do his thing. For him to start chasing beer trucks around would surely get him killed, and Jenny if she is still with us. This is JMHO

What if the whole thing is a big fat lie??????

Inolving multiple countries / agencies in a hoax would be a very, very bad idea indeed.
I believe her case to be true. Of course I have been wrong before, but unless proven otherwise, I am sticking to supporting the victim and her husband. I have seen (unless I missed it), no concrete info to suggest this is a hoax.

Someone suggested on FB that they check the local delivery routes and CN shot that down because it's a huge truck not going to small businesses to deliver. I got the feeling that the drivers were more long haul than local. But who knows?

Agree. But the drivers have to pick up the beer from the Corona warehouse. Plus he was supposedly given a description of the driver by supposed witnesses.

Now warehouses have security at the front gate for arriving and exiting trucks to help make sure that no one is stealing loads of beer.

So why couldn't JR go to the local warehouse with the witness or atleast the description of the driver and then question these drivers as they pull up.

Or atleast ask the guard which driver fits the description or something.

So he really didn't have to follow 7 drivers. He only needed to camp out by the warehouse for a week with his p.i and $500 rewarded witness.

Jmo for now.

Inolving multiple countries / agencies in a hoax would be a very, very bad idea indeed.
I believe her case to be true. Of course I have been wrong before, but unless proven otherwise, I am sticking to supporting the victim and her husband. I have seen (unless I missed it), no concrete info to suggest this is a hoax.

A bad idea maybe, but it happens all the time. Think: "balloon boy”.

Honestly, I don’t know if this is a hoax or not, but something is seriously wrong with this case. The guy comes on social media about one time every week, with a single line of generic good news or bad news, that doesn’t really tell anybody anything about whats going on with the case. It’s like he is running out of BS to spew, and can’t think of anything else to say. Instead of addressing the comments of people who are skeptical about the case, he just deletes them. He is not acting right.

A bad idea maybe, but it happens all the time. Think: "balloon boy”.

Honestly, I don’t know if this is a hoax or not, but something is seriously wrong with this case. The guy comes on social media about one time every week, with a single line of generic good news or bad news, that doesn’t really tell anybody anything about whats going on with the case. It’s like he is running out of BS to spew, and can’t think of anything else to say. Instead of addressing the comments of people who are skeptical about the case, he just deletes them. He is not acting right.

Kaboom. Agree and missed you and glad you are back. Lol.

Let me see if I can put together something:

Jenny Chen left Seattle on March 1, through San Diego, for a backpacking trip and planned to spend three to four months exploring Mexico, Cuba, and New York

Before leaving Oaxaca, Chen told a friend she was going to hitchhike to Cancún. Reinhard said he urged her not to and sent her money for bus fare, but doesn’t know if she took his advice.

Reinhard said she texted him on April 11 from Oaxaca in western Mexico and told him she would be out of contact for a few days while she traveled across the country to Cancun. Reinhard had been planning to meet up with his wife in Cancun, where they planned to hike and go to the beach. Reinhard said he "waited and waited and waited" for days at the Cancun hotel where they were supposed to meet, then contacted the American consulate, reported her missing and began searching places like hospitals.

He contacted both the U.S. and Chinese embassies in Mexico (Chen has a Chinese passport) and the Mexican authorities for assistance. Reinhard said he's filed a missing person's report, reached out to law enforcement in Mexico and government officials in the U.S. So far, he's received few answers. [no mention at all of contacting Seattle LE]

Reinhard said that several locals in Mexico, including members of the Chinese Chamber of Commerce in Oaxaca, planned to help him on his search. no mention again from JR about the CCC

Reinhard said he plans to travel to Oaxaca today, where he hopes to gain help from the Chinese consulate. He then plans to rent a car and retrace his wife's steps. [he never did this, for all we know]

She was scheduled to be back in Seattle on July 5

http://www.seattleglobalist.com/2016/04/27/jenny-chen-missing-seattle-mexico/50514

http://mexiconewsdaily.com/news/search-continues-missing-chinese-woman/

http://www.goerie.com/article/20160...rmer-erie-man-says-wife-disappeared-in-mexico

I am not necessarily thinking this is a hoax for monetary gain. My mind just wanders to thoughts of this young woman deceased in the US. As awful as that is and as much as I pray that she is alive and having an 'adventure' I cannot shake other speculation.

I am not necessarily thinking this is a hoax for monetary gain. My mind just wanders to thoughts of this young woman deceased in the US. As awful as that is and as much as I pray that she is alive and having an 'adventure' I cannot shake other speculation.

I don't thinks she is deceased in the US, the last photos of her were taken in Mexico and her passport didn't register a return into the States (or onto Cuba).

I would like to know what JR did during the time he was in Cancun and "waiting days and days" in a hotel room for her. In another article, I recall he told the reporter they were to meet at the airport. This article said hotel. I only say this because JR did not report her missing when he was "vacationing" in Cancun waiting for her, he didn't report her missing until he returned to Seattle. Why contact Mexican authorities in Seattle when you just returned there waiting/looking for her!??!?

IMO, I think if anything happened to her it could also have happened in Cancun at the hands of JR, who after doing so, dumped her body somewhere and is claiming she is "missing, last seen getting into a Corona truck".

So, IMO, she either is having the time of her life in southern Mexico (according to the Chinese consulate) or JR knows what happened in Cancun.

Again this is all MOO only because, again, JR did not report her missing while he was in Cancun waiting for her.

I don't thinks she is deceased in the US, the last photos of her were taken in Mexico and her passport didn't register a return into the States (or onto Cuba).

I would like to know what JR did during the time he was in Cancun and "waiting days and days" in a hotel room for her. In another article, I recall he told the reporter they were to meet at the airport. This article said hotel. I only say this because JR did not report her missing when he was "vacationing" in Cancun waiting for her, he didn't report her missing until he returned to Seattle. Why contact Mexican authorities in Seattle when you just returned there waiting/looking for her!??!?

IMO, I think if anything happened to her it could also have happened in Cancun at the hands of JR, who after doing so, dumped her body somewhere and is claiming she is "missing, last seen getting into a Corona truck".

So, IMO, she either is having the time of her life in southern Mexico (according to the Chinese consulate) or JR knows what happened in Cancun.

Again this is all MOO only because, again, JR did not report her missing while he was in Cancun waiting for her.
BBM

I agree with your theory and have wondered about this for quite awhile.

One of the links you posted above in your excellent recap said...

Reinhard said he "waited and waited and waited" for days at the Cancun hotel where they were supposed to meet, then contacted the American consulate, reported her missing and began searching places like hospitals.

So according to JR he did report her missing to the US consulate and searched hospitals while in Cancun. But he doesn't mention reporting her missing to LE anywhere in Mexico before he went home...both of which I find very strange and suspicious. Wouldn't the consulate have suggested contacting LE? Was he worried about being held for questioning? Who leaves the country when your wife is missing?
MOO

BBM

I agree with your theory and have wondered about this for quite awhile.

One of the links you posted above in your excellent recap said...

Reinhard said he "waited and waited and waited" for days at the Cancun hotel where they were supposed to meet, then contacted the American consulate, reported her missing and began searching places like hospitals.

So according to JR he did report her missing to the US consulate and searched hospitals while in Cancun. But he doesn't mention reporting her missing to LE anywhere in Mexico before he went home...both of which I find very strange and suspicious. Wouldn't the consulate have suggested contacting LE? Was he worried about being held for questioning? Who leaves the country when your wife is missing?
MOO

RBBM: Perhaps a socially awkward man who wouldn't be completely surprised if his young wife left him? And who let embarrassment/humiliation outweigh worry about her well-being for a while.

JR said he met up with her friends in Mexico per a screen shot of the go fund me.

So what friends? And why haven't they verified this. Is he talking about people she last met out there? Because I wouldn't label them as friends.

He definitely doesn't show a pic of being with her friends on a search. Jmo

I agree and tend to lean towards her making it to Cancun and something happening. His behavior is bizarre to say the least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member