Mexico - Kaleo Skye, 3 & Roxy Rain 10 mos, killed by dad, Rosarito, 10 Aug 2021 *arrest in CA*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I totally agree that she knew (unconsciously, perhaps, or consciously) that something was seriously amiss when her husband left the house with the kids and didn't give her any indication whatsoever where he was going, or for what purpose. It is not clear to me if she saw him leave with the kids, though I gather she did not. So she calls the police at 7 pm that first day, and says she’s not able to contact him, he has the kids, and she’s not worried about their safety (I wonder if she is asked by LE what her rationale is for calling, given that she basically says there’s no reason for concern…).
Then a full 24 hours pass, and she makes an official missing persons report, at which time the police suggest using Find My iPhone to locate him (it is truly unfortunate that she does not have that suggested to her earlier since that would have given LE the opportunity to alert Mexican LE to be on the lookout for the trio). The last known location was in Rosarito and was from 2:30 that afternoon, so either his phone was deliberately turned off or just ran out of battery. If he turned it off, it suggests, IMO, that he at least had the presence of mind to try to avoid being tracked. The children are murdered early in the morning on the third day, and MC’s phone is turned back on by 1 pm when it reports a new location right around the Mexico/US border outside of San Diego. So in the 7 or so hours between when the official missing persons report is made (7-8 pm) and when Coleman leaves the hotel with the children (3 am) there was nothing done to try to further pinpoint his location? I’m surprised that there was evidently not enough detailed info about his location (via Find My iPhone) to allow US law enforcement to identify the name and phone number of the establishment where he was staying in Rosarito—folks in my family use that feature all the time to keep tabs on the comings and goings of their teenage child who lives in a large metropolitan area in the US, and the location info provided has always been very detailed (down to the block of the street she is on)—but perhaps Rosarito is so rural that location accuracy is more limited there? Regardless of what she suspected or didn’t suspect, though, the children’s mother is certainly not to blame for her husband’s evil actions and I hope she has the support she needs to grapple with her awful losses.
https://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/timeline-of-events-santa-barbara-man-accused-of-killing-his-kids-in-mexico/2692177/%3famp
Rosarita is not at all remote, it's busy with US tourists and one of the closest nice beach resort towns on Baja from the CA coast, just past Tijuana.
It's only 10 miles from the border, less than an hour drive from San Diego.
Everything digital works well there, satellites have a direct view.

Huh? FBI impounded the Sprinter and I don't recall any car seat(s) recovered. According to the criminal complaint, MC alleges he did not have a car seat, and placed his 10-month old daughter, RC, inside a box (pg 7/10).
I am referring only to the hotel security camera showing the father, son, luggage and a baby’s car seat near an open elevator. At first it looked empty, but when I zoomed in, it appeared, to me anyway, two legs and tiny white shoes.

I am referring only to the hotel security camera showing the father, son, luggage and a baby’s car seat near an open elevator. At first it looked empty, but when I zoomed in, it appeared, to me anyway, two legs and tiny white shoes.

securityfootage.jpg

FBI: Man charged in killing of his 2 children with spear gun cited QAnon, ‘serpent DNA’

Rosarita is not at all remote, it's busy with US tourists and one of the closest nice beach resort towns on Baja from the CA coast, just past Tijuana.

Ah, thank you for correcting me! I guess this new bit of info makes me even more puzzled about why the location provided by the "Find My iPhone" feature wasn't used to actually pinpoint where he was. However, if the last reported location was from 2:30 P.M., perhaps she (or LE) thought that MC and the children were unlikely to be in the same location when she checked (around 7-8 P.M. that night, I am surmising, based on the timeline) as they'd been 5 or so hours earlier.

Where do they start? Who do they go after first? Imo, Ron Watkins, but What do I know. Not like arresting people will change anything. It will just amp up the conspiracy theories. If these people don’t realize by now that all of these “Q drops” are BS, then it’s going to be very hard to deprogram them. Wasn’t Biden supposed to resign earlier this week? Lol. the goalposts just keep moving and these people believe anything they are told by randos on Parler...
...continued... fwiw, my boss is a huge conspiracy theorist and Believes absurd Qanon crap like pizzagate. Before she died a few months ago, my sister was starting to become a qanon karen type. I unfortunately have quite a bit of very up close and personal experience with how this cult changes people who were once normal people.

That being said, I think Coleman was always a little off, based on his Instagram posts. A cult like Qanon would just make things worse for someone who is already a *passionate* person. I am trying to be polite, so I’ll leave it at that....

...continued... I don’t get why people find it so hard to believe that a cult like qanon could be a factor in this. Maybe they share beliefs with qanon, idk. But imagine people brushing off Jim Jones’s cult and saying that every single adult who died at Jonestown was mentally ill, instead of admitting most were brainwashed from their time in the cult?

I have no doubt this dude had mental issues for years. But to dismiss that qanon could have played any part in his recent thoughts is wild to me.

well they have their chance to lock up a ton of insurrectionists and make an example out of them. People such as the “qanon shaman”. But I have little faith. And again, the qanon weirdos will just find some way to twist it into another conspiracy theory. Remember they all were originally claiming it was all antifa that stormed the capital? Yet hundreds of trumpers got arrested and no “antifa” got arrested. They aren’t a logical bunch.
Sorry about the loss of your sister. Sorry about your boss too. I was unaware for a long time that there was this kind of movement going on. MOO, I see it as destructive the more I learn. I found your posts very helpful in understanding what we may be up against.

This post is all MOO. Please don't take offense. Please, I'm trying to understand how his wife was suppose to recognize and handle her husband's growing beliefs in these conspiracy theories. Suddenly, someone we know may scare and worry us talking this Q talk, and we won't know how to handle it. There's said to be seven million believers and while all don't kill their children, many have shown a belief in violence as an approach to change. Look what happen on the Capital. Many have disengaged from their family and friends to insist on believing proven falsehoods.

"Don’t be fooled by his BS about QAnon and Illuminati. This guy knows exactly what he’s doing. He just didn’t want children anymore. -Nancy Grace"
‘Surf Dad Killer’ Pierces Baby’s Heart with Spearfishing Gun After ‘QAnon’ Enlightened Him of ‘Serpent DNA’: Court Docs – Crime Online

MOO, Nancy Grace may want to educate herself more on the power these groups gain over followers' minds. This man's wife may have been at a loss on what to do when her husband started using all his brain power to believe conspiracy theories. JMO, I know it's almost impossible to talk sense into someone believing the programming of cults and conspiracy theory groups.

Many people still do not realize the hold Q-Anon has on believers. I think it's a mistake to disregard the strong hold it has on followers. Non-believers need to educate themselves on these groups and figure out how to recognize it, but truthfully, I'm not sure if there's any "talking some sense into them". It's true, they will come back fighting, and try to turn it on you as another conspiracy. I'm sure I'd get no where insisting it's nonsense and rubbish... I need to learn how to best challenge their new beliefs, but it's not going to be easy.

So many have lost a connection to their friends or loved ones. There's many articles online dealing with this problem. This is a 3-part series that may help.
  1. The Psychological Needs That QAnon Feeds | Psychology Today
  2. How Far Down the QAnon Rabbit Hole Did Your Loved One Fall? | Psychology Today
  3. 4 Keys to Help Someone Climb Out of the QAnon Rabbit Hole | Psychology Today
BBM, MOO, and posted as food for thought.

California man charged with killing his children claimed he was ‘enlightened by QAnon’, FBI says

This QAnon article has a kidnapping link that cites the QAnon origin at 2017.

They generally suggest parents kidnap their children to protect them. In Coleman's case, he kidnapped his children to kill them.

Perhaps he's confused about his enlightenment? I think he's seriously impaired and probably not welcome by the true QAnon. :eek:

I think I need to stop trying to make sense of the senseless. MOO
here is another case where the mother who had PPD bought into q crap and first kidnapped then killed all 3 of her kids.

Reseda mom who admitted to drowning her 3 young children is charged with murder | KTLA

ok so it may depend on cell service but my verizon always starts working horrible in TJ and doesnt get much better the further we go. my husbands ATT doesnt work well either. we even went and got roaming turned on in store last time and it still didnt work very well.

"Some of the psychological quirks that are thought to drive belief in conspiracy theories include need for uniqueness and needs for certainty, closure, and control that are especially salient during times of crisis. Conspiracy theories offer answers to questions about events when explanations are lacking. While those answers consist of dark narratives involving bad actors and secret plots, conspiracy theories capture our attention, offer a kind of reassurance that things happen for a reason, and can make believers feel special that they’re privy to secrets to which the rest of us “sheeple” are blind."

also

"For those immersed in the world of QAnon, climbing out of the rabbit hole could represent a significant loss—of something to occupy one’s time, of feeling connected to something important, of finally feeling a sense of self-worth and control during uncertain times..."

The Psychological Needs That QAnon Feeds | Psychology Today

Thanks for the links Curious…..saved to my reading list.

I’m really quite ignorant about QAnon so I’m going to find this informative. Always learning, here on Websleuths

This is such a dreadful tragedy. I can hardly bear to think about the poor mother of these innocent trusting children….she must be distraught.

Last edited:
"Some of the psychological quirks that are thought to drive belief in conspiracy theories include need for uniqueness. Conspiracy theories offer answers to questions about events when explanations are lacking. While those answers consist of dark narratives involving bad actors and secret plots, conspiracy theories capture our attention, offer a kind of reassurance that things happen for a reason, and can make believers feel special that they’re privy to secrets to which the rest of us “sheeple” are blind."

also

"For those immersed in the world of QAnon, climbing out of the rabbit hole could represent a significant loss—of something to occupy one’s time, of feeling connected to something important, of finally feeling a sense of self-worth and control during uncertain times..."

The Psychological Needs That QAnon Feeds | Psychology Today

Thank you for post 227 and all of your posts on this thread. I appreciate how thoughtful they are both in relation to this most horrific, seemingly inexplicable crime and trying to understand the mindset of these people in general.

I agree with the above excerpt about personality quirks and what draws some to conspiracy theories. As a friend of this killer said in an interview with People magazine I posted earlier, his comments and belief in the theories seemed to intensify in 2021. Perhaps as the pandemic raged on, he immersed deeper into this community and its cancerous beliefs.

I do think, however, that a large portion of these people turn to these groups for a simpler reason... Hatred, and these groups validate their feelings. Look at the people they vilify , accuse of horrible acts. Whoever founded this movement knew what they were doing creating a world that doesn't require rational logic (and therefore withstands all criticism) and married it with arguably the most powerful motivator, hatred of a common enemy.
We have moved so far past political divisiveness, strong disagreements with "the other side" and have moved (or have been forced) into a world where we are told facts, evidence, science, and objectivity don't matter and don't exist. When "alternate facts" are accepted and promoted, when our obligation to debate and attempt to be civil are gone and when the tether to reality has been cut, people are free to hypothesize and create fictional narratives that suit their fantasies and justify their long held loathing of any given group. They put themselves and their arguments beyond our reasoning because we can't make sense out of nonesense .

All of that circles back to what Coleman did - he believed what he believed, knew it was wrong but did it anyway. In their world, anything goes - no matter how baseless, confounding, or violent.

Your previous post reminds us that a lot of psychotic killers confess, does a diagnosis of psychosis and a guilt by insanity conviction always result in containment in a mental health facility rather than prison?
And how does a mental health conviction work, is it true that they are freed if they recover with treatment and medication?
I think most people see a mental health facility as better than someplace like Corcoran, even though one loses their freedom either way.
They probably at least have better food and bedding, and less gangs, but I don't really know.

In California it results in a mental health stay.

That stay can be until they’re found sane or until the maximum sentence for the crime would expire.

I can only see feigning insanity to be a thing if they realize they aren’t going to be able to get away with it but tried to. Like that monster who hung her little boy and girl in the basement.

This guy could’ve done anything - like rent a boat and toss them over. And then go back to the states and claim they were kidnapped or whatever. He had a lot of options other than stuff them in some bushes, immediately confess and then roll the dice on being in a mental hospital for life.

here is another case where the mother who had PPD bought into q crap and first kidnapped then killed all 3 of her kids.

Reseda mom who admitted to drowning her 3 young children is charged with murder | KTLA
Thanks for this. From your link:

>>>
Denton’s court filings also tell of Carrillo’s struggle with post-partum depression following the birth of their middle child.

In recent Facebook posts, she wrote about “random invasive feelings of despair and pain” and said she was “hating being a parent” while also echoing QAnon conspiracies, the Los Angeles Times reported...

<<<

SMH

...snipped to reply... All of that circles back to what Coleman did - he believed what he believed, knew it was wrong but did it anyway. In their world, anything goes - no matter how baseless, confounding, or violent.
Your thought provoking Post #232 above is much appreciated. Sends chills up my spine though because what's spreading is concerning and threatens a sane existence. This father had nothing to gain by what he did, IMO. He was misled by false information. I know it is interlaced and gets mixed up with politics which creates further falsehoods, divisions, and confusions. Many of us here have already run into family members or friends that have been lost to it. I wonder if his wife was concerned with his growing obsession, it must've leaked out once in awhile, but perhaps she didn't know what to do. One friend sounds shocked, and maybe he hid it from some of his friends.

Matthew Coleman 'Believed Some Weird Stuff' Before Allegedly Killing Kids | PEOPLE.com

Murder and QAnon: Inside the Case of Matthew Coleman, Accused of Killing Kids with Spear Gun (msn.com)
2. Friends Noticed a Change in Coleman Before His Arrest
PEOPLE has spoken with several friends and associates of Coleman. All of them describe him as a seemingly loving family man who doted on his wife and children.

"It just doesn't compute," Coleman's friend Rachel Woodby tells PEOPLE. "This is not the man I know. This really comes out of the blue. He had no warning signs that he was capable of doing this."

But others say that he began reading conspiracy theories online and seemed to start believing many of them. "He spent a lot of time looking at these conspiracies," says another friend. "He devoted a lot of brain power to them. It became clear to me that he believed some weird stuff."

Huh? FBI impounded the Sprinter and I don't recall any car seat(s) recovered. According to the criminal complaint, MC alleges he did not have a car seat, and placed his 10-month old daughter, RC, inside a box (pg 7/10).

That would be even weirder if they didn't find a car seat, we can clearly see he had on at the hotel in Mexico.

I was curious and wanted to see if the Surf School took out a PPP loan...Nothing for the school, but Matthew did get a loan for 6,250...So not much.

In California it results in a mental health stay.

That stay can be until they’re found sane or until the maximum sentence for the crime would expire.

I can only see feigning insanity to be a thing if they realize they aren’t going to be able to get away with it but tried to. Like that monster who hung her little boy and girl in the basement.

This guy could’ve done anything - like rent a boat and toss them over. And then go back to the states and claim they were kidnapped or whatever. He had a lot of options other than stuff them in some bushes, immediately confess and then roll the dice on being in a mental hospital for life.
Since they were murdered in Mexico, shouldn’t they be doing the prosecuting?

That would be even weirder if they didn't find a car seat, we can clearly see he had on at the hotel in Mexico.

I was curious and wanted to see if the Surf School took out a PPP loan...Nothing for the school, but Matthew did get a loan for 6,250...So not much.
And the car seat looked like an infant sized car seat, not a toddler size. Didn’t someone say that he placed the baby inside of a box in the vehicle?

Since they were murdered in Mexico, shouldn’t they be doing the prosecuting?

According to the criminal complaint, it appears he will prosecuted in the United States as it has been legally authorized by the US Attorney General per the criminal complaint--starts at page 8 (Section IV paragraph 19 and Section V paragraph 20).

18 U.S.C. § 1119 It is a criminal offense under this section for a U.S. national to murder another U.S. national outside the United States, if the murder occurred within the jurisdiction of a foreign country.

There are several statutory limitations to this type of prosecution. Before a prosecution can be initiated, the Attorney General, Deputy Attorney General or Assistant Attorney General must provide written approval. This approval cannot be granted if a foreign country has already prosecuted the alleged killer for the same conduct. Additionally, approval can only be granted if the Attorney General makes a determination, after consultation with the Secretary of State, that the killing took place in a country in which the suspect is “no longer present” and that the foreign country “lacks the ability to lawfully secure the person’s return.”

I'm not sure how to add direct hyperlink to words in this forum so here are the sources.
Criminal Complant: https://interactive.cbs8.com/pdfs/USA v Coleman COMPLAINT.pdf
US Criminal Code - 18 U.S.C. § 1119: 9-141.000. Foreign Murder of United States Nationals (18 U.S.C. § 1119)

Edited: changed a word

ok so it may depend on cell service but my verizon always starts working horrible in TJ and doesnt get much better the further we go. my husbands ATT doesnt work well either. we even went and got roaming turned on in store last time and it still didnt work very well.
The GPS which is through a satellite link should still pick up "find my iphone" and share it on a Santa Barbara server, though.

I am having a hard time believing that nobody who knew him, including his wife, knew how messed up in the head he was.
Then I think about Chris Watts, then I think about Scott Peterson.
I know these horrific deeds are committed.
Why? Is my question.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
malik562
Back