MI - 4 students killed, 6 injured, Oxford High School shooting, 30 Nov 2021 *Arrest incl parents* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Likely. So common that courts push Hearings to later dates.

I am interested in seeing:

Prosecutor Karen McDonald said the shooting was premeditated, based on a “mountain of digital evidence” against Ethan Crumbley.

During the arraignment, Karen D. McDonald, the Oakland County prosecutor, said that there was overwhelming evidence that would show that Mr. and Ms. Crumbley should have known that their son was a danger to his school.

Oh, my, oh my. I don't think Prosecutor McDonald would say that if it weren't true. :D Looking forward to seeing what she's got. I wonder how long it will be before we know... "a mountain," she says. Can't hardly wait.
I do wonder if his parents are worried about their fate in this. And will it be an every man (or woman) for himself (herself)?

Parents of suspect in Michigan school shooting due in court

michigan-school-shooting-suspects-parents-arrested-in-detroit.jpg

04Michigan-parents-combo-vid-videoSixteenByNine3000-v2.jpg

Last edited:
I am interested in seeing:

Prosecutor Karen McDonald said the shooting was premeditated, based on a “mountain of digital evidence” against Ethan Crumbley.

During the arraignment, Karen D. McDonald, the Oakland County prosecutor, said that there was overwhelming evidence that would show that Mr. and Ms. Crumbley should have known that their son was a danger to his school.

Me too!

Oxford schools superintendent delays retirement in wake of mass shooting (clickondetroit.com)

‘I remain solely focused on responding to this tragedy’

OXFORD, Mich. – The superintendent of Oxford Community Schools is delaying his planned retirement now that the community faces the fallout from the mass shooting at Oxford High School.

In a letter to district community members this week, Superintendent Tim Throne wrote “now is simply not the right time for me to leave.” He was previously set to retire in January 2022.

Here is his letter sent Tuesday, Dec. 13...

Not surprised by those statistics, I just wonder why...
I wonder how it compares to "street shootings."
We see street shootings, too. Why in schools? Because the shooter has a captive audience? What is it?

rage aimed at teachers, staff, and/or classmates.

James Crubley enters the courtroom in a prison outfit and shackled. Jennifer Crumbley enters the same way.

The judge confirms their understanding to retain their own counsel.

Probable Cause Conference:

Prosecutor: The parties signed a protective order for discovery. The normal timeline for discovery will be difficult due to the amount of discovery. Prosecutor has tendered 500 pages of discovery, which is the first wave of data. They received 40 gigs of additional data that needs to be reviewed and tendered. Approximately they have 1/3 of the discovery. Asking the court to waive 21 days and adjourn the conference until after the New Year. They anticipate they will be ready in February. Additionally, the victims were just buried, and they don't want to have to talk to their families during the holidays.

Defense: acknowledged receipt of discovery, and join in the request for the adjournment of the conference.

Court: Protective order will be signed for both cases. For the adjournment, the judge asked the attorneys to approach.

James is seen mouthing "I love you" to Jennifer. Jennifer seems to try to be saying something to James, but he mouths "I can't hear you."

Judge: Confirming with Crumbleys that they understand and waive the right to a preliminary examination within 21 days of arraignment.

Reset prelim exam to Feb 8 at 1:15pm.

Defense Counsel intends to file a motion to address bond. They want to get a little more discovery, but they intend to file a motion regarding bond. Defense counsel requested an earlier date than Feb. 8 to hear the motion. January 7 at 1:15pm.

So as @tlcya explained, EC has to be kept physically apart from the adult inmate population. That I can understand.

What I don't understand is why he can't be within the sound of their voices. If they can't physically harm or abuse him, what's the big deal if he can hear them? He's too delicate to hear whatever they'll say, after slaughtering his schoolmates?

Maybe I'm heartless but I really don't care if he can overhear them, as long as they are physically unable to reach him.

As for school, well it's the law. He has to have an education. Too bad he shot up his school----I'm not going to cry if his school situation is imperfect now.

The specific statute addresses this:

764.27a Juvenile taken into custody or detained; prohibitions; confinement of juvenile in county jail; other confinement; credit for time served.

Sec. 27a.

(1) A juvenile, other than a juvenile confined under subsection (3), must not be confined in a police station, prison, jail, lock-up, or reformatory, or be transported with, or compelled or permitted to associate or mingle with, criminal persons while awaiting trial.
(2) A juvenile, other than a juvenile confined under subsection (3), whose habits or conduct are considered to be a menace to other children, or who may not otherwise be safely detained, may be ordered by a court to be placed in a jail or other place of detention for adults, but in a room or ward out of sight and sound from adults....
Michigan Legislature - Section 764.27a

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member