MI - 4 students killed, 6 injured, Oxford High School shooting, 30 Nov 2021 *Arrest incl parents* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Court hearing Tuesday for parents of accused Oxford High School shooter (detroitnews.com)

Rochester Hills — The parents of accused Oxford High School shooter Ethan Crumbley are due in court Tuesday for a hearing tied to their alleged roles in the rampage.

James and Jennifer Crumbley are charged with four counts each of involuntary manslaughter in the Nov. 30 shooting that left four high school students dead and injured seven other people.

The couple's 1:15 p.m. hearing before 52-3 District Judge Julie Nicholson comes a day after their son made his own brief appearance in court. The defense team's Monday request to have Ethan Crumbley moved to a youth facility was denied and his probable cause conference was adjourned until Jan. 7...

That courtroom doesn't look very big, but there did appear to be some folks in the gallery. The courthouse is about 10 minutes from my home, so if guests are permitted in the courtroom, I could probably make arrangements to attend the February 8 hearing. I will make some calls and see if it's possible to attend a hearing in person.

That courtroom doesn't look very big, but there did appear to be some folks in the gallery. The courthouse is about 10 minutes from my home, so if guests are permitted in the courtroom, I could probably make arrangements to attend the February 8 hearing.

That would be awesome. It's easy to listen in and write up what happened while watching, but the vibe is much different, and it would be interesting to see what you have to say while sitting in the courtroom with them.

That would be awesome. It's easy to listen in and write up what happened while watching, but the vibe is much different, and it would be interesting to see what you have to say while sitting in the courtroom with them.

I will call the Court and see if I can make arrangements to attend.

Parents of Oxford shooting suspect appear in court; next hearing set for Feb. 8 (clickondetroit.com)

Crumbleys appear in person, in shackles, for court hearing

The parents of the teen accused of opening fire at Oxford High School and killing four students and injuring several others appeared in court Tuesday for a probable cause conference.

James Crumbley, 45, and Jennifer Crumbley, 43, are each facing four counts of involuntary manslaughter in connection with the Nov. 30 mass shooting. Officials accuse the couple of contributing to the tragedy by giving their son Ethan Crumbley, 15, a semi-automatic handgun and ignoring his cries for help, which were reportedly indicated by a violent drawing he sketched in class shortly before the shooting inside Oxford High School...

Parents of suspect in Michigan school shooting due in court

michigan-school-shooting-suspects-parents-arrested-in-detroit.jpg

04Michigan-parents-combo-vid-videoSixteenByNine3000-v2.jpg

They had their hearing today on the anniversary of Sandy Hook, another case where a parent allowed their child to have guns. Although the Sandy Hook murderer was an adult when he committed his crimes, it is easy to see how his fascination with guns and his mother's inability to act to get him help caused that tragedy. Today we get to watch two more parents who didn't do their job in getting their child help and chose to enable him instead. It feels like the pattern is one that we will never break....RIP, Oxford murder victims, RIP Sandy Hook murder victims, Hope we can make some change someday.

Why aren't they asked to wear them properly?

It looked as if Jehn's attorney asked her to pull her mask over her nose at one stage. But Jehn just pulled it up a little and it still did not cover her nose. James even had his mask down under his lips which enabled him to talk to Jehn.

I also noticed that Jehn's leg was shaking.

Last edited:
Seems very defiant! Rule breakers! Surprised they didn’t get into trouble earlier in their livesMOO

Ethan Crumbley's parents had their own run-ins with law in Florida

According to online records in Duval County, Florida, James and Jennifer Crumbley were charged with DUI on Feb. 12, 2005, pleaded no contest and were fined $652 each.

James was also busted by the Atlantic Beach Police Department for driving with a suspended license and having an improper tag. He paid a fine of more than $200.

A few years earlier in 2003, Jennifer was accused of writing a worthless check for $150, but the misdemeanor case was later dismissed. She committed the same offense in 2004 and was fined $240, according to the records.

Meanwhile, James also got embroiled in legal trouble over child-support payments to his ex-wife, with whom he shares 18-year-old son Eli, Ethan’s half-brother, the Daily Beast reported.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Paperdoll1