MI - 4 students killed, 6 injured, Oxford High School shooting, 30 Nov 2021 *Arrest incl parents* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
bbm
My thoughts exactly, as soon as I read on one of these threads that their dog had died. <shiver> Another sociopathic trait...
This kid definitely should be in prison for life with no parole. He is still a ticking time bomb... Part of his life is a sad story, and the other part is murderous rage and acting it out. No parole, ever. He is indeed a danger to society.

When there were rumors about a possible plea deal for Ethan after his hearing last week, I immediately thought that such an agreement would serve as a get-out-of-jail-early maneuver. Since we don't have the death penalty in Michigan, life in prison with no possibility of parole is the ultimate punishment. If Ethan pleads guilty in exchange for a reduced sentence, he could be sent to prison for a specified period of time, then be paroled and reenter society. I see little hope for rehabilitation in this young man, and after some years in prison, he would probably want to seek revenge on anyone and everyone he believes has wronged him in his life. JMO

Last edited:
I wonder if he has asked his attorney if he could see or speak with his parents.
I wonder if either of his parents wish they could send him a letter. I guess none of those things would be allowed, but I just wonder, is there any love at all between this family, in either direction, despite it all?
How does this even happen?

Oxford High School students set to ease back into in-person learning, but not at high school building (clickondetroit.com)

Monday morning will begin a new chapter for those in the Oxford Community School district.

At that point, parts of Oxford Middle School and Oxford Bridges will become the temporary facility for Oxford High School students in what will be a major return back to the classroom following November’s school shooting.

The alternate hybrid schedule will be in place for the first two weeks of class, starting Monday and lasting until the Jan. 21...

wow, been AFK for several days, just catching up. These parents . . . WTH??

In August, Ethan made a video with a different gun and told a friend in a message that it was "time to shoot up the school — jk, jk, jk," Keast said, apparently a reference to "just kidding."

The 15-year-old was fascinated with Nazi propaganda, even keeping a Nazi coin in plain view in his bedroom and drawing Nazi symbols in a notebook that was also used to make family grocery lists, Keast said.

Earlier in 2021, Ethan told his mother in text messages that he thought "there was a demon or a ghost or someone else inside the home," the prosecutor said. "These weren't one-time messages. He would repeatedly text what he was perceiving to his mother, who sometimes would not respond for hours."

[snip]

The parents are accused of making a gun accessible to Ethan and breaching their responsibility by refusing to remove him from school two hours before the shooting when counselors confronted them with his distressing drawings of violence.

"Are we done here?" Keast quoted Jennifer Crumbley as telling school officials.
Prosecutors Reveal New School Shooting Details At Crumbley Parents' Bail Hearing | Oxygen Official Site
This young man was screaming for help for some time. Too bad his parents couldn't be bothered. Sheesh flag after flag after flag. Only to be met with "are we done here" Mrs. Crumbley, yes, I believe we are. I hope you never see daylight again.

When there were rumors about a possible plea deal for Ethan after his hearing last week, I immediately thought that such an agreement would serve as a get-out-of-jail-early maneuver. Since we don't have the death penalty in Michigan, life in prison with no possibility of parole is the ultimate punishment. If Ethan pleads guilty in exchange for a reduced sentence, he could be sent to prison for a specified period of time, then be paroled and reenter society. I see little hope for rehabilitation in this young man, and after some years in prison, he would probably want to seek revenge on anyone and everyone he believes has wronged him in his life. JMO

Sadly, I agree. If he only wanted to "get back" at some of his classmates for laffing at him or taunting or embarrassing him -- if that was all the negatives he was shown, I think he might have picked fights like other kids do -- if so, he might have a chance at some degree of rehabilitation. He might be able to throw off those hurts or slurs as he matures in the joint. His view of life is not such.

Not this kid -- I think his parents essentially ruined him from a young age. As many WS'ers here have said, his parents leaving him alone to go drinking and heaven knows whatever other things they did or didn't do really shaped him. He was thrown away by them early on, IMO. Again, no excuses, but this kid was probably never given any degree of acceptance, closeness, praise or warmth from anyone. And it continued when he started school.

He was a ball of rage and coldness -- he could have sought help, but I don't think he ever did. Sadly, I think he is a lost person, and he will be in a world of other lost persons in prison (certainly not saying that all prisoners are lost souls, of course).
He is what he is, and he needs to stay behind bars for life. If not, his rage will become bigger and bigger and he will be very dangerous if he ever walks out the prison door as a free man. JMO.

Sadly, I agree. If he only wanted to "get back" at some of his classmates for laffing at him or taunting or embarrassing him, I think he might have picked fights like other kids do -- if so, he might have a chance at some degree of rehabilitation. He might be able to throw off those hurts or slurs as he matures in the joint.

But not this kid -- I think his parents essentially ruined him from a young age. As many WS'ers here have said, his parents leaving him alone to go drinking and heaven knows whatever other things they did or didn't do really shaped him. He was thrown away by them early on, IMO. Again, no excuses, but this kid was probably never given any degree of acceptance, closeness, praise or warmth. And it continued when he probably started kindergarten. He was a ball of rage and coldness -- he could have sought help, but I don't think he ever did. Sadly, I think he is a lost person, and he will be in a world of other lost persons in prison (certainly not to say that all prisoners are lost souls, of course).
He is what he is, and he needs to stay behind bars for life. If not, his rage which will become bigger and bigger and he will be very dangerous if he ever walks out the prison door as a free man. JMO.

Could not agree more---

I wonder if he has asked his attorney if he could see or speak with his parents.
I wonder if either of his parents wish they could send him a letter. I guess none of those things would be allowed, but I just wonder, is there any love at all between this family, in either direction, despite it all?

Maybe later, but IMO, right now his parents are busy saving their own behinds. If I had to bet, I'd bet against his parents having anything to do with him ever again. JMO.

Last edited:
I don't think this had anything to do with school or classmates. I think he thought of a way to secure his parents' full attention.

Only he was wrong.

Instead they cleaned out his bank account and bolted. Save thineself.

Disturbed serial killer in the making (dark triad?), self-absorbed parents,
zero consideration for the precious lives lost and the myriad lives forever hurt.

JMO

Although it in no way shape or form excuses Ethan's behavior, I feel empathy for him. He was literally crying out for help. The family grocery list with Nazi symbolism on it? Did they think it was cute or something? And your kid texts you that he thinks there are demons in the house, but ignoring it for hours. A wild guess on my part, but I bet she didn't follow up with one of those "Ethan we need to talk" conversations, either. But they bought him a gun as an early Christmas present.

I'm sure Ethan's older half-brother will be able to shed much enlightenment on the family situation as well.

MOO

I hope they put this wretch on trial--- no plea deal where he will ever
get out of prison-- he is either a bad seed, or his parents created this
monster, or a little of both.

We discuss EC's parents contributing to or causing his slaughter of his peers, yet there are countless children throughout our world whose parents are/were as neglectful, selfish and/or abusive as this young killer's, yet those children can become adults who are compassionate, caring, even courageous and altruistic benefactors of others.

I suspect there is some biochemical aberration in the thought processes of those who plan murders, unless they are forced to be pawns for the world's armed forces, or choose to be mercenaries. And for the latter, IMO, even then...

Although it in no way shape or form excuses Ethan's behavior, I feel empathy for him. He was literally crying out for help. The family grocery list with Nazi symbolism on it? Did they think it was cute or something? And your kid texts you that he thinks there are demons in the house, but ignoring it for hours. A wild guess on my part, but I bet she didn't follow up with one of those "Ethan we need to talk" conversations, either. But they bought him a gun as an early Christmas present.

I'm sure Ethan's older half-brother will be able to shed much enlightenment on the family situation as well.

MOO
I agree. I think this kid did his best to try and get help. Unfortunately he was trying to get it from his parents, who appear incapable of providing it. It doesn’t change what he did, but it makes me wonder how he would have turned out if he had two normal, loving, attached parents.

Oxford school officials accelerated Ethan Crumbley's timetable for murder, lawsuit says
Nearly three weeks before Ethan Crumbley allegedly shot up Oxford High School, he brought a bird's head to school in a mason jar filled with yellow liquid and left it on top of a toilet paper dispenser in the boy's bathroom, according to new claims in a lawsuit.

School officials knew the sophomore had done this, the suit states, but told students and parents there was nothing to worry about.

Then he showed up with ammo.

On the day before the massacre, Ethan Crumbley brought bullets to class and had them out on full display — this in addition to researching ammunition on his cell phone that same day, a revised lawsuit states. School officials knew about the bullets, the suit claims, along with a Tweet he posted on Twitter hours later: “Now I am become

Death, the destroyer of worlds. See you tomorrow Oxford.”

Oxford High had Ethan Crumbley shooting warning signs, lawsuit claims
(There's so much more in this article to read)

Last edited:
Here is the link for the court docket: Court Explorer

According to this docket, from what I can tell, he may be set for arraignment in the circuit court tomorrow. ETA: At 2pm.

However, there was another line with "scheduling error" - so I'm not sure that it's happening.

Today there were 5 Requests and Notices for Film and Electronic Media Coverage.

Oxford students return to class for first time since shootings (detroitnews.com)

Oxford — Under the cover of darkness and single-digit cold, Oxford High School students returned to classes at the district's middle school on Tuesday.

Both parents and a phalanx of buses dropped off the students who were greeted by what appeared to be school officials. There was a presence, too, of Oakland County sheriff's deputies on hand to supervise.

Some students wore lettered school jackets inside; another wore a shirt that read, "everything about us is tough" on the back.

There were two entrances students used to enter the building for the half-day of sessions.

It's the first day back for students after a Nov. 30 shooting at the high school. Four students were killed, and six students and a teacher were injured...

I agree. I think this kid did his best to try and get help. Unfortunately he was trying to get it from his parents, who appear incapable of providing it. It doesn’t change what he did, but it makes me wonder how he would have turned out if he had two normal, loving, attached parents.

Well we dont know how he would have turned out with normal loving parents, but we know how he turned out and he turned out to be a non repentant, chilling mass
murderer, who needs to spend the rest of his life behind bars.

Poll: Michigan voters support charging parents in Oxford High School shooting (clickondetroit.com)

Parents face manslaughter charges in school shooting

DETROIT – A strong majority of Michigan voters support the decision to charge the parents of the suspected Oxford High School shooter, according to a new WDIV/Detroit News poll...

Survey results found that by a margin of 74.4%-8.9% Michigan voters support charging the parents of the teen charged with the Oxford shooting with involuntary manslaughter -- 16.7% of voters were undecided...

How Michigan voters view prosecution of Crumbley parents in Oxford shooting (detroitnews.com)

Likely Michigan voters strongly approve of criminal charges for the parents of the teen accused in the Oxford High School shooting rampage that left four students dead and seven people injured, a poll commissioned by The Detroit News and WDIV found.

About 74% of likely voters in Michigan supported the involuntary manslaughter charges issued for James and Jennifer Crumbley in the Nov. 30 shooting that authorities allege was carried out by 15-year-old Ethan Crumbley. Another 9% "strongly oppose" the charges and the remaining 17% were undecided...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8