MI - 4 students killed, 6 injured, Oxford High School shooting, 30 Nov 2021 *Arrest incl parents* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote RSBM.

Maybe he'll be out on parole decades sooner than that.
I would hope not. I suspect, at least it appears to me based on his actions and what we’ve heard of his life, that he is a mentally broken person and neither society or EC would be safe with him out in it. I’m not sure that level of brokenness can be repaired. But what do I know?

From the beginning, I have wondered about EC. His post about the gun and saying people could ask him anything seemed to be an effort to fit in or have interaction with classmates/other people. The texts between him and his mother seem like she is more of a friend than a parent. I wonder how long that had been going on. I was/am a person that has the unpopular opinion of having feelings toward the murderer. In reply to the above quote, I have wondered if EC wanted the police/others to kill him as a type of suicide.

This past week, watching court regarding the parents, it seems there were a lot of things going on in that house. I was surprised about EC talking about ghosts in the house and that the parents were having extramarital relationships at some point. The mother's coworker was very damaging in testimony about the marriage and her going to a bar frequently along with spending a lot of time with her horses. None of these things are criminal but if EC was having visible/noticeable problems then was she just escaping her duties as a parent? Did she leave him to fend for himself, with a mental issue that she knew about?

But most importantly, if EC's parents are found guilty in a future trial regarding his actions of mass murder, then this will set a precedent/affect other cases to come. Prior to finding out this recent information, I was speculating as to how that would be a good or bad thing. But now I wonder that they will be found guilty because of this other crap instead of whether they are guilty of the deaths of the shooting due to their actions/non-actions with helping to make it happen (parenting/non-parenting, the gun - purchasing/access, not taking EC home that day, etc.).

One flag in your post…

At first, I thought the coworker was saying EC’s mom talked about going to the “bar” almost every night too, but based on the continued testimony, I believe she was saying “barn.”

Is that what you all gathered?

I would hope not. I suspect, at least it appears to me based on his actions and what we’ve heard of his life, that he is a mentally broken person and neither society or EC would be safe with him out in it. I’m not sure that level of brokenness can be repaired. But what do I know?

It's an uphill battle certainly, but I'm not ready to come to that conclusion on a teenager, especially one who was essentially begging for help in the days prior. He should get some prison time, but he also needs a psych ward and very close psychiatric care for the rest of his life. His parents on the other hand...

At first, I thought the coworker was saying EC’s mom talked about going to the “bar” almost every night too, but based on the continued testimony, I believe she was saying “barn.”

Is that what you all gathered?

@MoeInVA Good catch! I honestly did think that the person was saying "bar" every other minute. But after Google/YouTube reviewing, I do believe you are correct and the person (Amanda Holland - coworker of Jennifer's) was saying "barn." In that Jennifer Crumbley was going to the barn almost every night not bar.
I will plead deaf and use the excuse of her wearing a mask that I misheard that.:) Thanks!

Here's the first part of the Sandra Ali interview with Buck Myre. The second part of the interview will air during the 10:30 newscast this evening.

Extended interview with Oxford school shooting victim Tate Myre’s father: ‘The worst day of our lives’ (clickondetroit.com)

OXFORD, Mich. – The father of Tate Myre, one of the four students killed during the Oxford school shooting, is opening up about the loss his family has experienced.

Tate Myre, 16, has been described as a leader, an awesome friend and a great brother. His life was cut short when police say a 15-year-old gunman opened fire at the school. Tate Myre’s father is working to ensure his son’s legacy will live on.

William “Buck” Myre spoke to Local 4 about the loss and shared how his family is trying to move through the heartbreak to bring good to others...

@MoeInVA Good catch! I honestly did think that the person was saying "bar" every other minute. But after Google/YouTube reviewing, I do believe you are correct and the person (Amanda Holland - coworker of Jennifer's) was saying "barn." In that Jennifer Crumbley was going to the barn almost every night not bar.
I will plead deaf and use the excuse of her wearing a mask that I misheard that.:) Thanks!
I heard it too! I kept putting my phone up to my ear and I still heard “bar” It was only context that got me to barn!

I was unsure about that too. I think it was a little of both. Point being she wasn't home and we know at least one time EC tried to reach her via text and she didn't respond to him. And just the fact she never talked about him is troublesome to me.

Do I feel bad for a young man who was obviously experiencing some mental illness symptoms? Of course.

Was this young man experiencing neglect that manifested in loneliness? Yes.

Was he trying to get his parent's attention by creating situations at school? Yes.

Did he know that it was wrong to bring a firearm to school? Well, it was out-of-sight in his backpack - he didn't bring it out until after the parent meeting AND he brought it out when he was out of sight in the bathroom.

Did he understand that it is wrong to shoot and harm other people. Yes. Only when he exited the bathroom and there were students around did he begin shooting.

Was he aware that shooting a person (with a firearm) could result in serious injury and/or death? Yes. After shooting students and an adult the young man was confronted by an officer aiming a gun at his head. Then, and only then, did he drop his weapon.

Did this young man exhibit mental illness? Very probable.

Was he criminally responsible and should he be held accountable? Yes.

I do feel for EC - his situation was awful and his age makes it a difficult situation. But, in my opinion, he is absolutely guilty and should be incarcerated in prison.

I do feel there is culpability with the school and (absolutely) the parents, but only time will tell if that will rise to accessory to commit murder.

Just my opinion.

I do feel for EC - his situation was awful and his age makes it a difficult situation. But, in my opinion, he is absolutely guilty and should be incarcerated in prison.

@Tabulator - I agree with all your questions and answers. This, like every other school shooting, is so terribly tragic in a multitude of ways.

EC needs to be incarcerated somewhere, there is no question. I am awaiting more information regarding his mental state. I agree there were things that give away that he knew right from wrong. It will be interesting how far the defense will take it in a try for any type of insanity and what the result will be.

$1.7M was donated to Oxford High victims. Here's the plan to distribute it (detroitnews.com)

A proposal to distribute $1.7 million in donations to the victims of the Oxford High School mass shooting would limit payments for psychological trauma to students who were in or near a hallway, restroom and one classroom where the shootings occurred.

The plan — obtained by The Detroit News from the National Compassion Fund, which is managing money donated to the Oxford Community Memorial and Victims Fund — is not final and is subject to public feedback at a March 21 town hall at the high school.

The proposal would potentially exclude hundreds of students, staff and others who fled the building the day of the Nov. 30 shooting in which four students were killed and seven others, including a teacher, wounded...

$1.7M was donated to Oxford High victims. Here's the plan to distribute it (detroitnews.com)

A proposal to distribute $1.7 million in donations to the victims of the Oxford High School mass shooting would limit payments for psychological trauma to students who were in or near a hallway, restroom and one classroom where the shootings occurred.

The plan — obtained by The Detroit News from the National Compassion Fund, which is managing money donated to the Oxford Community Memorial and Victims Fund — is not final and is subject to public feedback at a March 21 town hall at the high school.

The proposal would potentially exclude hundreds of students, staff and others who fled the building the day of the Nov. 30 shooting in which four students were killed and seven others, including a teacher, wounded...

I will never take away from the trauma those students near the shooting experienced, but they aren't the only ones that experienced trauma. I don't think it's appropiate to exclude those just becuase they weren't in close proximity. MOO.

What about the classroom where we see them going out the window? They were very traumatized.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220217-165536.png
    Screenshot_20220217-165536.png
    195.8 KB · Views: 33
  • Screenshot_20220217-170506.png
    Screenshot_20220217-170506.png
    193.6 KB · Views: 32
  • Screenshot_20220217-170548.png
    Screenshot_20220217-170548.png
    220 KB · Views: 27
  • Screenshot_20220217-165914.png
    Screenshot_20220217-165914.png
    160.1 KB · Views: 29
  • Screenshot_20220217-170649.png
    Screenshot_20220217-170649.png
    149 KB · Views: 27
  • Screenshot_20220217-170718.png
    Screenshot_20220217-170718.png
    209.1 KB · Views: 26
  • Screenshot_20220217-170333.png
    Screenshot_20220217-170333.png
    178.5 KB · Views: 31
  • Screenshot_20220217-170047.png
    Screenshot_20220217-170047.png
    228.6 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

RSBM

They're going to get an earful.

Could someone briefly summarize the “payouts”. Is it simple cash payouts or is it reimbursements for things like counseling, education, etc. (the article is behind a subscription firewall). Thank you.

Here's the first part of the Sandra Ali interview with Buck Myre. The second part of the interview will air during the 10:30 newscast this evening.

Extended interview with Oxford school shooting victim Tate Myre’s father: ‘The worst day of our lives’ (clickondetroit.com)

OXFORD, Mich. – The father of Tate Myre, one of the four students killed during the Oxford school shooting, is opening up about the loss his family has experienced.

Tate Myre, 16, has been described as a leader, an awesome friend and a great brother. His life was cut short when police say a 15-year-old gunman opened fire at the school. Tate Myre’s father is working to ensure his son’s legacy will live on.

William “Buck” Myre spoke to Local 4 about the loss and shared how his family is trying to move through the heartbreak to bring good to others...
Wow.. listening to Mr Myers talk you even hear some understanding, maybe what might even verge towards compassion, towards EC. I don’t know if I could ever get anywhere near what he expresses in his interview. How brave of a parent in his situation to sit and talk about what he’s going through and to try to establish something to help fight the problem. .

thank you. The article is interesting. I personally would want every student to be eligible to receive reimbursement for psychological counseling. Limiting the psychological services to such a tight area to the actual shooting doesn’t seem right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8