MI - 4 students killed, 6 injured, Oxford High School shooting, 30 Nov 2021 *Arrest incl parents* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She has a lover?

Ethan Crumbley’s mother was having an affair while ignoring son’s ‘troubling’ behaviour, say prosecutors

Ethan Crumbley’s mother was having an affair with another man while she and her husband continued to ignore their son’s “troubling” behaviour, according to prosecutors.

Court documents filed on Thursday allege that Jennifer Crumbley was having “at least one intimate affair” in the run-up to the mass shooting at Oxford High School, with investigators finding “explicit videos” on her phone.

Ms Crumbley allegedly messaged her boyfriend on the day of the massacre claiming that she kept the firearm used in the attack inside her car.

Ethan Crumbley’s mother was having an affair while ignoring son’s ‘troubling’ behaviour, say prosecutors

Ethan Crumbley’s mother was having an affair with another man while she and her husband continued to ignore their son’s “troubling” behaviour, according to prosecutors.

Court documents filed on Thursday allege that Jennifer Crumbley was having “at least one intimate affair” in the run-up to the mass shooting at Oxford High School, with investigators finding “explicit videos” on her phone.

Ms Crumbley allegedly messaged her boyfriend on the day of the massacre claiming that she kept the firearm used in the attack inside her car.

Wow I missed that! I wonder when her husband found out

A lawyer for accused Oxford High School shooter Ethan Crumbley said Friday there is no discussion of a plea deal with prosecutors at this time.

Oakland County attorney Paulette Michel Loftin, one of two attorneys representing Crumbley, told The Detroit News Friday that while there is a possibility of a guilty plea with any trial, a plea is not something being considered at this juncture in the legal proceedings.

"That's not even on the horizon right now," said Loftin. "We are far from any decision (about a possible plea deal)."

Her statements contradicted a media report Friday that stated a guilty plea is being considered for the teen.

Accused Oxford High shooter Ethan Crumbley headed to trial

Civil lawsuit against Oxford school district, staff amended to include new counts (clickondetroit.com)

A civil lawsuit brought by Geoffrey Fieger against the Oxford Community Schools district and several of its administrators and staff has been amended to include new counts against the defendants.

Last month, Southfield attorney Fieger announced a $100 million federal lawsuit against the district and some staff members in connection with the deadly mass shooting at Oxford High School on Nov. 30. Fieger is representing the parents of two minor students who attend the school and survived the shooting, who are accusing the superintendent, principal and others of gross negligence and failing to prevent the shooting.

The attorney said he planned to file a second $100 million lawsuit in state court, as well...

Details emerge of what Crumbleys did before arrests, including cash withdrawals (detroitnews.com)

Rochester Hills — Friday's bond hearing for James and Jennifer Crumbley revealed the most extended chronicle yet on how the two spent their time between the Nov. 30 shooting at Oxford High School and their capture on Dec. 4 inside a Detroit warehouse.

The details came to light as 52-3 District Court Judge Julie Nicholson denied the request from the Crumbleys' attorneys to lower their $500,000 individual bonds to $100,000. They are being held in jail on four charges each of involuntary manslaughter after their son was accused of killing four classmates and wounding seven other people at Oxford High School.

After hearing arguments from Oakland County Prosecutor Karen McDonald and the defense attorneys, Nicholson rejected the request by citing the parent's ties to family in Florida, the seriousness of the alleged crimes and their flight to an artist studio inside a warehouse on Detroit's east side, where police arrested them in the early morning hours of Dec. 4. At that time, they had $6,600 in cash, "more than a dozen credit cards and gift cards" and four cellphones, McDonald said...

Parents of accused Oxford school shooter asked a friend to bring them orange juice and vodka while in hiding in an abandoned building: report

police-warehouse-crumbley-hiding-03-990x659.jpg
https://reporterdoor.com/2021/12/07...fter-ethan-crumbleys-parents-found-in-studio/

They bought four burner phones and withdrew all the money from their son's bank account, the outlet reported. Then they checked into a hotel for a night before moving into an abandoned building in Detroit. While there, they asked a friend to bring them orange juice and vodka, the Detroit Free Press reported, citing county prosecutors. Police eventually found them on a mattress in the building.

The family's attorney argued in court that they fled their home because of death threats, saying they had every intention of turning themselves in. But prosecutors disagreed, saying the parents gave no indication of doing so.

"There was a police station across the street from their hotel," Oakland County Prosecutor Karen McDonald said, according to the Detroit Free Press. "They didn't turn themselves in. They fled to another town, and nothing prevented them from staying in Oakland County."

Last edited:
Antics? I heard she mouthed "I love you."

Guess no divorce. Her lover probably isn't being supportive.

She was shaking her head a lot when the prosecutor was talking and making faces. When the attorneys and the judge went to the breakout room, the two crumbleys were left on screen. She mouthed I love you, and even gestured I love you. Then she tried to say something else that the mr. couldn't understand (neither could I). Then you see LE in the background stand just off camera and only see his elbow/arm. Then she stopped.

DocumentCloud

"My son's destiny is done and I've got to take care of myself."
- Jennifer Crumbley

Sounds like she wanted to make sure his destiny was permanently done.

Within HOURS of EC's arrest, they started making getaway plans.

+ Draining bank accounts, including EC's.
+ Horses and house up for sale.
+ Abandoned one vehicle at motel.
+ Four burner phones, one of which they tried to destroy.
+ Hiding out one mile from a Canadian border bridge.
+ Hiring private attorneys for themselves while leaving EC to the tender mercies of a public defender.
etc.

I posit these actions were just the natural culmination of their longstanding desire to be rid of EC (though it all didn't turn out quite like they planned - they never envisioned themselves sitting in jail).

They essentially abandoned EC years ago, e.g. leaving him home alone with no phone at age 8-9 to go drinking. Fast forward to Ethan age 15: they purchased a 9mm gun for him when they were well aware of his depressed, highly disturbed mental state.

Failed to tell the school about the 9mm. Failed to take him home. Failed to get him immediate mental health assistance.

I can only conclude that they were shocked (and highly disappointed?) he committed mass murder instead of killing himself.

(On a side note: were they not at all concerned EC might kill THEM?)

Mortgage was in Jennifer Crumbley's name only. (I get the strong impression she called the shots in that marriage.) Mortgage was 15 months delinquent (starting August 2020) and $11,358.25 in arrears. Almost seems like they wanted it to go into foreclosure (they had money in their bank account(s) but weren't making payments. How did they hold on to the house that long?)

Was the long-term plan - long before the school shooting - to get rid of the house, get rid of Ethan (via suicide) and move elsewhere to start a new life, just the two of them? They clearly did not give a damn about their son's welfare. IMHO, Jennifer and James' every action and inaction weighs heavily in favor of this theory.

JMO

Details emerge of what Crumbleys did before arrests, including cash withdrawals

Last edited:
DocumentCloud

- Jennifer Crumbley

+Hiring private attorneys for themselves while leaving EC to the tender mercies of a public defender.
etc.

I posit these actions were just the natural culmination of their longstanding desire to be rid of EC (though it all didn't turn out quite like they planned - they never envisioned themselves sitting in jail).

They essentially abandoned EC years ago, e.g. leaving him home alone with no phone at age 8-9 to go drinking. Fast forward to Ethan age 15: they purchased a 9mm gun for him when they were well aware of his depressed, highly disturbed mental state.

I can only conclude that they were shocked (and highly disappointed?) he committed mass murder instead of killing himself.

Mortgage was in Jennifer Crumbley's name only. (I get the strong impression she called the shots in that marriage.) Mortgage was 15 months delinquent (starting August 2020) and $11,358.25 in arrears. Almost seems like they wanted it to go into foreclosure (they had money in their bank account(s) but weren't making payments. How did they hold on to the house that long?)

Was the long-term plan - long before the school shooting - to get rid of the house, get rid of Ethan (via suicide) and move elsewhere to start a new life, just the two of them? They clearly did not give a damn about their son's welfare. IMHO, Jennifer and James' every action and inaction weighs heavily in favor of this theory.

JMO

Or Mrs. Crumbley was angling to make her own fresh start, unencumbered.

JMO

DocumentCloud

- Jennifer Crumbley

+ Hiring private attorneys for themselves while leaving EC to the tender mercies of a public defender.
etc.

Failed to tell the school about the 9mm. Failed to take him home. Failed to get him immediate mental health assistance.

JMO

BBM

They were able to keep the house for so long because they weren't doing foreclosures at a certain point during this pandemic. I don't recall exaclty when the moritorium ended.

Correction: Prosecutors detail warning signs ignored by the enablers of Mich. school shooting suspect.

Signs weren't missed, they were ignored, the signs were in everybody's face, especially the parents. My gosh, he literally drew a picture of what was to happen and they had the picture handed to them, parents, counselors, teachers.... after weeks and months of desperate telling behavior.

Last edited:
I don't think the public has all the relevant & accurate information yet about exactly what school staff did & didn't do.

From what *is* known so far, though, I'm not sure this is a fair take. Certainly EC's classroom teacher DID take what she saw that AM- his drawings- very seriously. She/he took a picture of them, and removed him immediately, directly to the school's counseling office.

It's unclear from the school super's message to the community and from news reports whether or not anyone from the counseling office informed administrators (the principal or vice principal) about the situation that AM.

New info disclosed during yesterday's bond reduction hearing IMO provides clues about what might have contributed to the fatal miscalculations by school staff.

The school counselor (s) DID take the situation seriously. It sounds like he/she/they was alarmed, though, solely about the possibility EC might be suicidal.

If so, that would explain why they kept him in the office under observation, questioned him about suicidal ideations, didn't want to send him home to an empty house, and ordered his (criminally negligent!!!!) parents to get him to therapy, but, *didn't* bring in the school "resource" officer, search his backpack, or if accurate, even involve/inform the principal.

What seems most likely imo is that kind of terrible miscalculation/misreading of the situation by school staff, maybe in part because of how overwhelmed most are everywhere by unending pandemic related crises. That rather than a looking the other way or deliberately trying to evade their responsibilities.

That’s my take although if I were a parent I’d be pissed anyway by the overall reaction of the school. It seems like lots of concerns were being voiced, whether or not related, but the school did not deem it serious.

But I can’t blame some counselor who probably sees many students during the week. Probably 99% of the time the counselor’s response would be just fine. He or she didn’t know about the perfect storm. And, honestly, a metal detector would probably be more effective.

Prosecutors Say Alleged School Shooter Ethan Crumbley Was 'Fascinated with Guns and Nazi Propaganda'; Judge Refuses to Lower Parents' Bond

... the family dog died ...

... In his journal, the teen wrote that he carried out acts of animal abuse such that his parents wouldn’t be able to find out what he was doing ...

... Ethan Crumbley’s alleged “torturing and killing animals” at the family home dated back to May 2021, Keast continued; the teen recorded video of the act or acts and kept the severed bird head “for six months,” Keast said. ...

Did EC kill his own dog? As more and more horrid facts come to light about him (and his parents), I'd say the chances that the dog died a natural / accidental death are slim to none.

JMO

bbm
My thoughts exactly, as soon as I read on one of these threads that their dog had died. <shiver> Another sociopathic trait...
This kid definitely should be in prison for life with no parole. He is still a ticking time bomb... Part of his life is a sad story, and the other part is murderous rage and acting it out. No parole, ever. He is indeed a danger to society.

Last edited:
@Lux et Veritas
Although I can't agree with your theory, because they were going to be completely free from having to parent him anymore in 4 years anyway (when he turned 18), it is an interesting theory.

My take is two people who have never matured mentally into adults themselves, so imagine how immature they were back when they had EC. Maybe they never bonded properly with him because they were too selfish and incapable of it, and they never changed.

Most parents who have a "difficult child" think a lot about what they need to do differently. But I don't think these two put much thought into their parenting, not even enough for an ill-thought-out plan. I think they just went about life acting on impulse...
MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member