MI MI - Alexandra Brueger, 31, Fatally Shot While Jogging, Rose Twp, 30 July 2016 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the things I glean from the texts above is that LE is professional but not especially receptive to the information being given about Franz.

We have several people including our VI providing information to detectives about Franz. There's a common response they get from LE in regards to providing info, such as "we're not worried about Franz" and "they have no concern about Franz".

I don't know what to make of it. Surely LE wants to solve this murder and get justice for Ally. They must have more evidence than we are aware of. Maybe there is a surveillance video/photo that points elsewhere.

You can obviously imagine what all of us are starting to think of it at this point...

I noticed that the conversation with the investigator in the fourth screenshot is dated Dec. 19, 2016. So I suppose it’s safe to assume LE has been in possession of these screenshots for over a year and a half.

I just find that curious because (perhaps mistakenly) I had the impression that you didn’t become suspicious of Franz until fairly recently, or around the time you and Nikki stopped communicating towards the end of last year.

I also noticed that in these four screenshots, it says “New iMessage” at the top, where the recipient’s name or phone number usually appears. I have an iPhone, and the only time this happens is when I am composing a new message.
Any idea as to how this happened?

Thanks Combatmedic2121 for the puzzle pieces. The information provides an even clearer picture of what you have already shared.

Police misconduct sure seems like a possibility. I tried to find who provides oversight of MSP. But, I can’t figure out if it is the county prosecutor or the state attorney general, or if a complaint would go straight to FBI or DOJ.

I also noticed that in these four screenshots, it says “New iMessage” at the top, where the recipient’s name or phone number usually appears. I have an iPhone, and the only time this happens is when I am composing a new message.
Any idea as to how this happened?

Instead of scrolling through your messages to search for a certain convo or using the search feature you can create a new message and type in the name of the person you’re looking for and it will pull up like this and the past convo as well. Here’s an example from my phone.

Attachments

• 7745FF20-8A0C-4364-8C0A-BFA5400860FB.jpeg
    7745FF20-8A0C-4364-8C0A-BFA5400860FB.jpeg
    75.2 KB · Views: 59
Question for Wes, Combatmedic2121. You could be very right about Franz. I have followed this thread for a year but I don’t believe commented. I also feel pretty objective with this case. I’m not sure what to think. It’s very sad and I’m sorry if when all is said and done you are a victim in this. That is painful. With that in mind however, I do have a question. If by chance someone is identified as Ally’s killer and it isn’t Franz, how do you anticipate you might feel?

I think Wes lives with dad or brother. Is he saving up to buy a house or something? Do they have a white sedan?

At the time of the murder he lived in Wixam. I have asked him about the car colours of the main suspects and of the victim but he hasn't come back with a response as yet.

Still waiting for a response.

Still wondering where the 'surveillance' footage came from? LE doesn't normally call cell phone photos or video "surveillance", to my knowledge, nor would the average person, IMO.
If it WAS from Ally's phone, that raises an even bigger red flag...why would her mother lie about her not taking her phone that day?
None of this makes sense.
RBBM for focus

My thought was perhaps LE instructed Nikki to say that for investigative purposes, if ever asked by media.

IF there were indications earlier in the day that Ally couldn’t locate her phone, and then it was found at the crime scene, LE might theorize that the perpetrator had it with them at the time of the murder and consider it a sign that the killer was someone who was close to Ally. The perpetrator would be the only person who would know that Ally’s phone was left at the crime scene and therefore LE wouldn’t want such information to become public knowledge, IMO.

Dated Sep 21, 2016:
“Michigan State Police Lt. Michael Shaw said there was evidence at the scene that indicates Brueger likely knew her killer.

There are a lot of things at the crime scene that points us to that she knew who this was,’ Shaw said. ‘I can’t expand on that, but there is not enough evidence that we can rule out a random event. We think it’s someone she knew, but we can’t say for certain that she didn’t get into an incident with a vehicle in a road rage type of event, either. We have to be careful to not narrow the focus.’“ (BBM)
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.freep.com/amp/90785580

Dated Oct 7, 2016:
“In a hometownlife.com article published two weeks ago, Shaw said there was evidence at the scene that indicates Brueger likely knew her killer. He said there are a lot of things at the crime scene that point investigators to the conclusion that the killer was someone she probably knew. He said there is not enough evidence to rule out a random event or a road-rage type incident.“ (BBM)
Hunt for jogger’s killer continues

Dated Mar 6, 2018:
“One of them is that Ally may have been the victim of a deadly case of road rage.

‘Somebody drives by and for whatever reason, they get into it, and she's killed,’ said Shaw.

Or, unthinkably, that Ally had been deliberately marked for assassination.

She knew who it was. Somebody that got mad at her at work, something to that effect,’ said Shaw.” (BBM)
Who killed Ally Brueger? Michigan nurse gunned down while jogging on rural dirt road

I admit my theory is far-fetched, contrived and probably an unlikely one. I’m just really curious as to what it could be “that point investigators to the conclusion that the killer was someone she probably knew.

Oh my goodness, I couldn’t thank you enough for posting this, BetteDavisEyes. It is by far the best article I have read about Ally.

As I read it, I found myself crying and laughing at the same time. Tears started flowing as soon as I saw the picture of her with her co-workers at the top of the article. It was apparently taken the month before she was murdered, and she looks so cute and so happy in it.

Ally sounds like someone I would love to have met (“Alex orders the vegan burger, with bacon on it”: Me, too). Clearly, she is missed so much by so many.

The following paragraph particularly resonated with me as a friend of my high school age daughter has been practically living with us since the end of the school year. It just isn’t safe for her to live with her mom right now. I’m glad that Ally’s friend had a safe place to go when she probably was in a similar situation as my daughter’s friend:

My home life was chaotic at best and abusive at worst, and Nikki and Franz welcomed me into their home as a second daughter. By the time I was old enough to drive, I often opted to head to their house after school rather than my own. The love, kindness, and compassion they showed me will never be matched.

It’s so unfair that Ally was taken from those who truly loved her so soon, especially in the manner that she was. I hope to hear of an arrest in the very near future, followed by swift justice.

Last edited:
Ally’s killer still at large

...During his interview with the host, Chris Hanson, Shaw said everyone was still a suspect, “including mom and dad.”

That, however, has changed. “We do not consider the Bruegers as suspects at this time,” said Shaw earlier this month.

That is because Franz voluntarily submitted to a polygraph test, which was completed in Flint on Friday, April 13. He passed the polygraph conclusively, eliminating him as a suspect...

...During his interview with the host, Chris Hanson, Shaw said everyone was still a suspect, “including mom and dad.”

That, however, has changed. “We do not consider the Bruegers as suspects at this time,” said Shaw earlier this month.

That is because Franz voluntarily submitted to a polygraph test, which was completed in Flint on Friday, April 13. He passed the polygraph conclusively, eliminating him as a suspect...

Thanks for this! I have never bought the story that it was Franz OR Nikki, or that either one had anything to do with it. I think all that has been misdirection for a specific purpose.

Also from the article:

Shaw said, “Sutherland, still a suspect, has no inside information on this investigation and the FBI is not involved.”

bbm

Also from the article:

"Since that interview, the idea that Franz Brueger could have shot and killed his only child was continued publicly on a website called websleuths.com.

Tricia Griffith is the owner and administrator of that site, which is a members-only forum dedicated to studying, discussing and possibly assisting in solving open crimes throughout the country.

<modsnip to comply with 10% copyright rule>

Although he, too, uses a code name, that member has identified himself as Ally’s boyfriend and claims to have first-hand knowledge about her parents and the case. He also claims to be in touch with investigators and says the FBI is now involved.

Shaw said, 'Sutherland, still a suspect, has no inside information on this investigation and the FBI is not involved.'

[SBM]

<modsnip to comply with 10% copyright rule>

'Please help us find justice for our daughter,' she said. 'Speak up, you can do it anonymously. Don’t let the killer, a puny, impotent coward have another day of freedom. If not for us, then speak up for our dog, Zeus. He still looks for his girl, Ally, every day.'

[SBM]

Note of thanks

We would like to extend our heartfelt gratitude and appreciation to the Tri-County Times for continuing to do stories that bring awareness to our daughter’s murder, and everyone who took the time to contribute to those articles.

Thank you also to Vera Hogan for her tenacity, integrity and determination in finding the truth and obtaining justice for our Ally. And to the men and women of Holly VFW Post and Auxiliary 5587 for their ongoing generosity, support and friendship. They epitomize the values of community. Our grief and daily struggles would have been even more bleak without them.

Nikki and Franz Brueger, Rose Township
Parents of Alexandra “Ally” Brueger" (BBM)

My heart is completely broken for Nikki and Franz. Keeping them in my thoughts and prayers.

Last edited by a moderator:

That's scary that he is "eliminated" as a suspect just by merely passing a polygraph.
Many murderers have passed polygraphs.

This news could fairly be termed a "bombshell," I think. I hope Nancy Grace takes note!!

screen-shot-2017-06-27-at-12-34-17-pm.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member