GUILTY MI - Amy Henslee, 30, Hartford Township, 24 Jan 2011 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So sorry about your sister.

I had a friend whose step father shot him right between the eyes and they still had an open casket. I couldn't look but other friends that did say that you couldn't even tell he had been shot. I guess it all depends on the type of gun.

Not to be morbid, but that is strange considering the police saying she was shot multiple times in the head. Especially with a shotgun. My sister committed suicide and shot herself in the head with a Glock and we couldn't have an open casket.

PS - I just watched the memorial video and that was definately a closed casket.

In other funerals in my family, where the casket was in front of the podium like Amy's was, it was never open there. Even if it was open earlier.

It is possible I guess that Amy's was open earlier for a visitation before the actual funeral, then closed for the funeral.

However, it doesn't seem likely. Absolutely a gunshot wound to the head can still be an open casket, but a shotgun wound to the head... not likely...

Sometimes a person can characterize a friendly, caring and observant neighbor as "nosy." I prefer the former definition to the latter, myself.

Most people in communities and neighborhoods who have lived amongst one another for years and years tend to notice routines. Well, at least we do in our small town. I like it, and it makes me feel comfortable - knowing we have each others' "backs," so to speak.

MOO

Even though I am a very private person, I agree with you totally. In these scary times, especially!!!

I'll bet that WB IS a nosy neighbor, though...I'd hate to live next door to that woman.

Well actually nosy neigbords can be good for their other neighbors.

If it wasn't for her seeing the truck and describing it so well that they knew it was Beebe's vehicle this case may have never been solved.

I am very glad that my neighbors watch out for us and we do the same for them. Being observant is a good thing. Now are we peering in windows and writing down names of who comes and goes? LOLOLOL! No, of course not.

Lots of neighborhoods have neighborhood watch groups.

imo

So sorry about your sister.

I had a friend whose step father shot him right between the eyes and they still had an open casket. I couldn't look but other friends that did say that you couldn't even tell he had been shot. I guess it all depends on the type of gun.

Sorry to hear about your friend.

If it is true they received multiple gunshot wounds made by a shotgun.....I have no doubt that both caskets were closed. It is a horrible foreboding weapon that causes horrific damage.

I have researched crime for over thirty years and have seen many autopsy and crime scene photos of the victim but the worst photo I have ever witnessed was where a man was shot in the head by a shotgun. To this day, I wish I had never seen that photo.

It is something you will never forget.

IMO

IMO he right to his thoughts just like Pat Brown and they both seem to be thinking the same way J/S

Yes, that seems to be the case but that is nothing new and they have been wrong before.

If James Henslee is guilty of anything it is trusting the words of a cousin he had known ever since he has been born. A man that exhibited no indication that he would ever do something like this to one of his own extended family members' wives.

Even LE did not believe Beebe was involved. They made no effort to go to his home or anywhere else to check it out. LE didnt even ok the search of the uncle's place until many days later. So that tells me... like most psychopaths he is a very accomplished liar and quite convincing.

It is so easy to play Monday morning quarterback when the SUSPECT has already been arrested and charged.

So it will haunt James forever that he believed the words of the man that murdered not only Amy but Tonya as well.

Beebe betrayed them all.

IMO

On the trail: Volunteers train bloodhounds, other breeds to find missing persons
Published: Saturday, February 05, 2011, 9:00 PM

snipped.........
Eldridge first heard about the Henslee search through the national news. A neighbor of the Henslee family learned of the group on Facebook and got the Henslee family in contact with them.

When group members arrived in Hartford on Jan. 27, Jones said the family pointed them in the direction of Beebe’s trailer.

After police gave the go-ahead, they took the dogs to the trailer. Daisy headed right to the trailer. Eldridge said she saw blood in the snow near the trailer and on the door.

Samples of that blood have been turned over to the Michigan State Police crime lab for testing, Gribler said.

Eldridge said human blood is the only thing the dogs are trained to react to.

After calling authorities, Eldridge brought out an HRD dog, who ran to a pile of brush.

“Not knowing, (the dog) pinpointed the gravesite,” she said.

Detectives arrived on scene around 2:30 p.m., Jones said.

“We knew they were there and were going to find what they were going to find,” Jones said. “We were done.”

much more at link...........
http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2011/02/on_the_trail_volunteers_train.html

I talked to a family member of mine who went to the funeral and they noted that it was open casket. I have not been to a funeral where someone was shot before ... is it possible to cover up the damage that would be done by a gun shot wound?

I attended a funeral a few years ago where the deceased had shot himself in the head and it was open casket and we were not able to distinguish where the wound was thankfully. They did have his favorite ball cap on though and I don't know for sure if that was due to the shot or simply because he wore it alot. For a woman it seems it would be harder to use something like that though. HTH

I attended a funeral a few years ago where the deceased had shot himself in the head and it was open casket and we were not able to distinguish where the wound was thankfully. They did have his favorite ball cap on though and I don't know for sure if that was due to the shot or simply because he wore it alot. For a woman it seems it would be harder to use something like that though. HTH

Same here, attended funeral of a suicide victim who shot themselves in the head. I never thought they would have open casket, but they did, and no baseball cap, and no sign of any wound. Deceased looked pretty much himself, they did a good job. On the other hand, my sister-in-law passed recently from long illness and looked absolutely nothing like herself, she was a skinny gal, but looked totally bloated and with a big black bruise on her cheek that got worse over the course of the wake, they did a terrible job.
So I've come the conclusion that it's all down to the skills of the make up person and if good, they can cover pretty much anything or reconstruct the face and upper body if they have photos of the deceased in life to work from.

The only time I saw closed casket was a 9/11 Firefighter friend, who was not recovered for quite a while, and wake was closed casket with his helmet on top - the not knowing was worse actually.

Yes, that seems to be the case but that is nothing new and they have been wrong before.

If James Henslee is guilty of anything it is trusting the words of a cousin he had known ever since he has been born. A man that exhibited no indication that he would ever do something like this to one of his own extended family members' wives.

Even LE did not believe Beebe was involved. They made no effort to go to his home or anywhere else to check it out. LE didnt even ok the search of the uncle's place until many days later. So that tells me... like most psychopaths he is a very accomplished liar and quite convincing.

It is so easy to play Monday morning quarterback when the SUSPECT has already been arrested and charged.

So it will haunt James forever that he believed the words of the man that murdered not only Amy but Tonya as well.

Beebe betrayed them all.

IMO
Do you know this family personally? Your posts seem so definitive and sure as to what happened. Just curious............

Hopefully truthful facts will come out and tell the story. I do not know any these people - and I cannot form an opinion as to what really happened until we hear results/facts from the investigation. History as far as phone records w/any prior contact between Amy and Jr, and whether Junior's truck was ever seen at the Henslee home before during the day will be key. IF there was an affair happening - surely there will be some sort of trail.

I never would take the word of a murderer esp about the woman he killed. I refuse to allow this to victimize the victim a second time.

Do you know this family personally? Your posts seem so definitive and sure as to what happened. Just curious............

Hopefully truthful facts will come out and tell the story. I do not know any these people - and I cannot form an opinion as to what really happened until we hear results/facts from the investigation. History as far as phone records w/any prior contact between Amy and Jr, and whether Junior's truck was ever seen at the Henslee home before during the day will be key. IF there was an affair happening - surely there will be some sort of trail.

No, I do not know these people. My heart goes out to all of Tonya and Amy's families though.

However I have researched crime for over thirty years. I look at what is known........not things that are just mere speculations without anything to support them.

I would think it was common for Jr to come by the home whether James was there or not. He sold them firewood.........he cleared their driveway of snow and of course he was kin folk. My husband's first cousin comes by to visit often if he is in the area and my hubby is at work. FGS, Amy had been a part of the Henslee family for 12 years and had probably known them most of her life before she and James married.

I see no evidence that there was any affair with Beebe or anyone else for that matter. It is a very small community and no one has said that Amy was ever unfaithful to James. They were known as a very loving and close couple.

Beebe has been charged and arrested for the deaths of both Amy and Tonya. While LE discounted that foul play had happened early on and was telling everyone as late as Thursday morning that Amy was alive,,, that completely turned ....when the searchers tracked Amy's scent to the Beebe's uncle's property and it further changed when Beebe walked up to the police officer on scene and confessed.

IMO

I never would take the word of a murderer esp about the woman he killed. I refuse to allow this to victimize the victim a second time.

I am truly amazed that some do. :waitasec: Really, I am.

We already know how cruel he is when he had the gall to call James later on inquiring had Amy come home yet. GAG! This is just another way to twist the knife into the hearts of who loved Amy.

He is trying to weasel out of what he and he alone did by trying to lamely blame Amy's death on a frail little woman that he could have taken down with one hand tied behind his back.

He is a liar, imo and the evidence is going to show just how much of a liar he truly is.

imo

I still don't get the key thing...

I don't think Amy had a key to the lock that James is referring to in the 911 call. Where he references the door lock is at 2:34 on the 911 tape. He said the bottom door handle was locked and that she didn't have a key to that door handle.

911 Tape

JMO

Junior Lee Beebe Jr.'s court date is pushed back two weeks

Published: Tuesday, February 08, 2011, 11:01 AM Updated: Tuesday, February 08, 2011, 11:06 AM

snipped..........
Van Buren County Prosecutor Juris Kaps said more evidence needs to be gathered before the preliminary hearing could take place.

Beebe's preliminary examination, which was previously scheduled for Friday, will now take place at 1 p.m. Feb. 25 in the Van Buren County's 7th District Court East in Paw Paw.
http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2011/02/junior_lee_beebe_jrs_next_cour.html

Bugs me when a person knows something is wrong and they are brushed off.

I do wonder if LE feels any regret that they just didn't take Amy's disappearance that seriously at first.

Heck on Thursday morning they were still saying Amy was alive.:banghead:imo

No telling how long it would have taken them to uncover the truth (if ever) if it hadn't been for them allowing the search foundation to finally start searching Thursday.

imo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx
Back