GUILTY MI - Brenna Machus, 20, Romulus, 16 July 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

RIP to two innocent human beings. Our sister and brother in the vast extended family of humanity.

May the monster who snuffed your lights all too soon be held accountable by the scales of justice.

Fox news article: http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/2...-being-questioned-about-family-dollar-murders

They're still looking for people who might have been in the area that night.

I bet they got a hit on the fingerprints and located him on the other charges.

From this link:

"Police want to talk to drivers who may have seen any vehicle stopped on the side of the road heading northbound.

"Roughly from Monday night till yesterday (Thursday) morning, anyone that [saw] a car pull into the area, maybe had to slam on the brakes to stop for someone pulling in there. It's right before the exit for eastbound Michigan, and we'd like to hear from anyone that's seen a vehicle in there over the last few days," Topolski said."

Storms passing through Metro Detroit and surrounding areas have left nearly 140, 000 without power.

Estimates range from restoration of most outages to be between 11pm today up to two days.

Guess my internet resources will be limited for awhile :( as it seems I am in what appears to be one of the hardest hit areas.

Ill be checking back for updates when possible. Thanks in advance WS friends for the updates.

~

I just wanted to speak on behalf of Brenna's Family and Friends. Thank you to EVERYONE that came out tonight to support us and Brenna. It was so overwhelming the amount of love and support she was given tonight, even with the weather we had. We truly appreciate all the help, support and love we have all received this week. We are now collecting items for raffle (baskets, giftcards, items for raffle) so anyone willing to donate any items please message this page and I will contact you personally to collect items. Brenna's Spaghetti Benefit dinner is set to be held at the VFW POST 1136 in Wyandotte, off north line, Sunday July 28th at 1pm. Kids 10 and under $6, 11yrs and up $10. Dinner will be spaghetti, salad and rolls. Thank you again for all the support and don't forget we still have a account set up for funds for Brenna at any Chase bank location under "Brenna Machus Memorial Fund".

https://www.facebook.com/FindBrennaMachus?directed_target_id=0

God this case breaks my heart. Thanks for the Family statement above.

Any updates?

Hi everyone.

I've been following cases on here for a long time, so thought it was about time I signed up and started posting. : )

These threads move so fast, sometimes it's hard to keep up..... so I'm not sure what has been said about....

<modsnip>

It will not surprise me in the least if the killer turns out to be somebody who wanted to date her and got turned down...

Hi everyone.

I've been following cases on here for a long time, so thought it was about time I signed up and started posting. : )

These threads move so fast, sometimes it's hard to keep up..... so I'm not sure what has been said about....

<modsnip>

:welcome: Are you local (metro Detroit or Michigan)? Just wondering. Glad to have you here.

Hi everyone.

<modsnip>

Welcome - glad you took the plunge.

<modsnip> I don't tweet or even have fb (dark ages here). It's a bit troubling to read tweets that reveal the immediate plans and schedule of a person. Does a person know all 200 plus people who may be following them? It seems weird to announce 'borrred' for instance. So what, who cares? It also seems kind of risky in our world today to shout out personal beliefs about controversial subjects imo. It's not as if you can have a thoughful debate/conversation over twitter.
It strikes me as an emotional hotbed of sorts. Some comments come off as slights or those kind of messages when five minutes later it dawns on you that you may have just been insulted.
There are ways to use twitter for good but I don't really understand the purpose for casual use of this tool. It's weird imo. I went off topic here but am I alone when it comes to my concerns over twitter messages?

I was just now able to finish Breanna's thread. I'm north of where she's from but had been upnorth w/ no service. Now housebound w/ no electricity from storms yesterday. I am forced by mother nature to take a few minutes to read about our victims & feel selfish that I have this option in life when so many people are effect by horror everyday.
I can't wait to find out what last lady out turned and saw as she walked out. I also think this is personal. I can't see twitter, can anyone screen cap the pic you all are talking about? There has got to be a break in finding this guy. This was'nt random. & perp was mad enough to plan & carry out the 1st murder, knowing that security video was rolling, then take Brianna out of the store, had to be to let her know who & why he was doing it, then murder & dispose of her body. There had to be someone in perp's life that noticed their friend or relative getting obsessive & angry and fits the perps decription. I hope.
Thanks BDE, you always have my local news covered.

Welcome - glad you took the plunge.

<modsnip> I can't see that on what I'm able to view. I don't tweet or even have fb (dark ages here). It's a bit troubling to read tweets that reveal the immediate plans and schedule of a person. Does a person know all 200 plus people who may be following them? It seems weird to announce 'borrred' for instance. So what, who cares? It also seems kind of risky in our world today to shout out personal beliefs about controversial subjects imo. It's not as if you can have a thoughful debate/conversation over twitter.
It strikes me as an emotional hotbed of sorts. Some comments come off as slights or those kind of messages when five minutes later it dawns on you that you may have just been insulted.
There are ways to use twitter for good but I don't really understand the purpose for casual use of this tool. It's weird imo. I went off topic here but am I alone when it comes to my concerns over twitter messages?

No WoeBeGone I'm not in the dark ages and I cannot stand to waste my time to read what evry breath of evry kinda friend/distant relative or any of my 8 late teen nephews are doing. I abandoned facebook for a long time and recently went back only to post pictures for my mama, she luvs/lives it.
I will say I do like the ability to read others accounts when they come up in cases.the information can be invaluable & insightful. A very small slice of that persons life.
Jmo

I went off topic here but am I alone when it comes to my concerns over twitter messages?

RSBM

OFF TOPIC mostly....

I don't use facebook anymore, too much drama, privacy issues, etc, tho I do still have an account because my husband's family is very large and they only communicate via FB message system instead of email, snail mail, or sometimes even phone calls. For example, my niece just asked me to RSVP to her bridal shower by text, so I texted my RSVP! lol

I deleted everything personal off my FB, and when I go back every once in a while, some of the deleted things have mysteriously popped back up and have to be deleted again. I don't think FB stuff ever goes away and I hate the darn thing.

I use instagram, but recently deleted almost everyone except family and set it to private. It's not as much fun that way, but there's even drama on instagram.

I have twitter and don't have a clue how to use it. I only follow one family member who never tweets and I never tweet. I just signed into again today to see if I could see the comments on B's (and her contacts) twitters, but I couldn't find what folks were talking about. Never could identify who C is even after looking at a few twitter accounts with names that started with C.

I have seen lots of twitter drama in the news, celebrities in twitter wars and such. I just don't think twitter will ever be useful for me in the type of lifestyle I have.

BTW, I'm sorta local to this case.... in MI and have lived all over the southeast of the state, Wayne, Macomb, Oakland, Washtenaw, Livingston, Jackson counties.

My son in law's family all still live in Dearborn and it sure seems like crime there has been escalating over the past few years. He was robbed at gunpoint in his mom's yard 3 years ago. One of the three perps got off, then killed a guy this year, so the police wanted him to come testify at that trial too.

I was just now able to finish Breanna's thread. I'm north of where she's from but had been upnorth w/ no service. Now housebound w/ no electricity from storms yesterday. I am forced by mother nature to take a few minutes to read about our victims & feel selfish that I have this option in life when so many people are effect by horror everyday.
I can't wait to find out what last lady out turned and saw as she walked out. I also think this is personal. I can't see twitter, can anyone screen cap the pic you all are talking about? There has got to be a break in finding this guy. This was'nt random. & perp was mad enough to plan & carry out the 1st murder, knowing that security video was rolling, then take Brianna out of the store, had to be to let her know who & why he was doing it, then murder & dispose of her body. There had to be someone in perp's life that noticed their friend or relative getting obsessive & angry and fits the perps decription. I hope.
Thanks BDE, you always have my local news covered.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374357476.032992.jpg

I'll try to get a less blurry one. Is this the image you requested?

It looks like using the shopping cart was almost an afterthought. He seems to walk straight into the store, then there is a slight time delay until he comes back for the cart. Possibly he didn't expect other customers to be there and thought he could "blend" in with the others until after they left?

I say the suspect went into the store and quickly cased the aisles. The suspect got a cart after seeing other customers were in the store.

While waiting for other customers to leave, the suspect put on an act appearing to be browsing in the store aisle. The suspect may have touched merchanside while browsing and possibly left dna or prints in the store.

Blond white girls. If you hate society as is (your perception of it) then why not make these "golden" people your target? You'd be wrong in your assumptions but you'd get your point across I guess if people start putting two and two together. At the same time, you'd be perpetuating a stereotypical hatred and distrust of someone like yourself (if your motive is racially or revenge [terrorist] driven).

Jessica Heeringa's case and this case have several similarities, in that, the perp made his/their move before the store closed, used the backdoor exit and removed a female victim from the site. In Brenna's case we can't forget the male victim who was shot on site. Since Joe had only been working there for a few days, I wonder if the perp even knew he'd be present. In the past, had Brenna ever closed the store alone? As previously asked, why shoot him and leave Joe there but take her away from the scene? That leads me to believe that the perp went there to get her specifically. Just like whoever took Jessica wanted her or a female equivalent (if a stranger abduction took place).

The differences are that one location had cameras in place and the other did not. Still, the perp was well aware of the conditions he'd enter into as we can see the effort he took to disguise his face and mask his fingerprints. In both cases the perp seems as if he was versed/had a plan but was willing to take the risk of being interrupted. In Jessica's case there is no body todate. Few thorough searches have been conducted. In Brenna's case, her body was found within several days and, I believe, no one opposed searching for her. Apparently the way she was found is a fluke of sorts as someone was driving a moped and while looking for a shortcut, encountered her body. Figure the odds, right? It is possible Jessica's body was left in plain sight within two miles of the gas station too and could be found if and when someone ventures/stumbles into the specific area and finds her. Would formal searches help? To assume she's not out in the elements waiting for someone to trip over her makes no sense and is insensitive imo.

I'm throwing an extreme idea/opinion out - it is that these abductions could be a new form of terrorism to upset society in America. I have reasons to believe this can be true and want to ask people not to be naive when it comes to considering this possibility.

If cases continue to occur where there doesn't seem to be a lone personal suspect, I hope LE everywhere will consider a broader angle when looking at these cases. The other crimes involving personal issues will continue to happen as well. Maybe a new type of motive exists that will someday be understood/revealed. That doesn't conclude that the victim targeted will always be a youngish petite blond woman.

I say the suspect went into the store and quickly cased the aisles. The suspect got a cart after seeing other customers were in the store.

While waiting for other customers to leave, the suspect put on an act appearing to be browsing in the store aisle. The suspect may have touched merchanside while browsing and possibly left dna or prints in the store.

But I think he taped his fingertips so he wouldn't leave fingerprints behind.

Blond white girls. If you hate society as is (your perception of it) then why not make these "golden" people your target? You'd be wrong in your assumptions but you'd get your point across I guess if people start putting two and two together. At the same time, you'd be perpetuating a stereotypical hatred and distrust of someone like yourself (if your motive is racially or revenge [terrorist] driven).

Jessica Heeringa's case and this case have several similarities, in that, the perp made his/their move before the store closed, used the backdoor exit and removed a female victim from the site. In Brenna's case we can't forget the male victim who was shot on site. Since Joe had only been working there for a few days, I wonder if the perp even knew he'd be present. In the past, had Brenna ever closed the store alone? As previously asked, why shoot him and leave Joe there but take her away from the scene? That leads me to believe that the perp went there to get her specifically. Just like whoever took Jessica wanted her or a female equivalent (if a stranger abduction took place).

The differences are that one location had cameras in place and the other did not. Still, the perp was well aware of the conditions he'd enter into as we can see the effort he took to disguise his face and mask his fingerprints. In both cases the perp seems as if he was versed/had a plan but was willing to take the risk of being interrupted. In Jessica's case there is no body todate. Few thorough searches have been conducted. In Brenna's case, her body was found within several days and, I believe, no one opposed searching for her. Apparently the way she was found is a fluke of sorts as someone was driving a moped and while looking for a shortcut, encountered her body. Figure the odds, right? It is possible Jessica's body was left in plain sight within two miles of the gas station too and could be found if and when someone ventures/stumbles into the specific area and finds her. Would formal searches help? To assume she's not out in the elements waiting for someone to trip over her makes no sense and is insensitive imo.

I'm throwing an extreme idea/opinion out - it is that these abductions could be a new form of terrorism to upset society in America. I have reasons to believe this can be true and want to ask people not to be naive when it comes to considering this possibility.

If cases continue to occur where there doesn't seem to be a lone personal suspect, I hope LE everywhere will consider a broader angle when looking at these cases. The other crimes involving personal issues will continue to happen as well. Maybe a new type of motive exists that will someday be understood/revealed. That doesn't conclude that the victim targeted will always be a youngish petite blond woman.

I thought the suspect in Jessica's case is a white male with blonde hair?

Great theory though (not being sarcastic).

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zoyasalas
Back