MI MI - Danielle Stislicki, 28, Southfield, 2 Dec 2016 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Senator's comments start about the 15:00 mark. For anyone who missed it, here's the link from the FDS FB page:

https://www.facebook.com/FindDanielleStislicki/posts/225467294578163

I'm trying not to read too much into statements made, I think the family is trying to be careful with their wording possibly because they really don't know exactly what happened. I continue to pray she will be found safe and am inspired by her father's words, "it is a vigil, and we will remain vigilant looking for Danielle with your help, your eyes, your heart and your spirit."

Thanks...I didn't realize that was Danielle's Uncle and I missed the Senators remarks unfortunately!

So thoughtful of you to attend in support for Dani, Ozoner! At one point, I heard the officer estimate 300 people (when noting only 4 or so knew what the Vault app was. I don't recall seeing a shot of the attendees. But I was so moved when they asked those to stand who had never met DS and the shuffling of chairs and people raising was so loud it was clear that DS has touched so many strangers and the community has embraced her family.

I attended and was struck by the strength of Dani's immediate family. I'd never been to any kind of vigil & didn't really know what to expect. (I thought there might be pictures of Dani, the telling of "Dani stories," and so on.) If the family was able to draw any strength from having members of the public there, then it was time well spent.

The Senator's comments start about the 15:00 mark. For anyone who missed it, here's the link from the FDS FB page:

https://www.facebook.com/FindDanielleStislicki/posts/225467294578163

I'm trying not to read too much into statements made, I think the family is trying to be careful with their wording possibly because they really don't know exactly what happened. I continue to pray she will be found safe and am inspired by her father's words, "it is a vigil, and we will remain vigilant looking for Danielle with your help, your eyes, your heart and your spirit."

They are also probably careful with their wording because they know it will be picked apart and analyzed by everyone, as it is already happening here. No disrespect but had to branch off your comment. It's amazing to hear of such a great turn out. But I hate how the analyzing begins of what was said, what wasn't said, who spoke, etc.

Today I was at a "coffee shop" kind of place in Detroit. There was a girl there that looked like DS. I definitely did a double take and then about 50 more looks. I kept watching her but then started to feel weird. I thought about if anyone else here knew about her case and wondered the same thing. But surely she wouldn't be hanging in a local downtown spot. (?) It was weird but I know it wasn't her. But I kept thinking about what if it was and nobody even noticed? [emoji848][emoji20]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So thoughtful of you to attend in support for Dani, Ozoner! At one point, I heard the officer estimate 300 people (when noting only 4 or so knew what the Vault app was. I don't recall seeing a shot of the attendees. But I was so moved when they asked those to stand who had never met DS and the shuffling of chairs and people raising was so loud it was clear that DS has touched so many strangers and the community has embraced her family.

They showed the attendees towards the end, the camera man turned the camera on the audience. This was right at the end and there were a lot of people! I watched as they mingled, socialized and started to leave. That community is clearly very tightly knit! It's impressive!

Yes! Like I said before backing off into the shadows. It was starting to feel almost like a game ... it felt disrespectful even a little. I don't even think it was the various theories that made me feel that way. It was the "frenzied" presentation of them such that theories were being taken as fact and then taken to weird new levels.

ETA - I sometimes feel that way when reviewing transcripts post conviction. Sometimes weird rumors taking flight into even weirder "hypotheticals" is a way to create a reasonable doubt that the real fact based findings/conclusions are in fact true. It only takes that teeny little ounce of doubt to prevent conviction. This may be why I was so bothered by it. That and some of the word choice I imagine Holocene having to read ... ugh! ... moving on.

Agreed. Today all posts have been well thought out, fact based and respectful. And no bombarding.

Well done guys! Finally feels productive.

They are also probably careful with their wording because they know it will be picked apart and analyzed by everyone, as it is already happening here. No disrespect but had to branch off your comment. It's amazing to hear of such a great turn out. But I hate how the analyzing begins of what was said, what wasn't said, who spoke, etc.

Today I was at a "coffee shop" kind of place in Detroit. There was a girl there that looked like DS. I definitely did a double take and then about 50 more looks. I kept watching her but then started to feel weird. I thought about if anyone else here knew about her case and wondered the same thing. But surely she wouldn't be hanging in a local downtown spot. (?) It was weird but I know it wasn't her. But I kept thinking about what if it was and nobody even noticed? [emoji848][emoji20]

I think I must have a doppelgänger in every city ... everywhere I go people think I'm someone else. Things like that must make it very difficult to identify a missing person.
:(

I'm watching the broadcast of the vigil... her mother has lost so much weight and is talking of Danielle in the past tense :-(

The vigil was very well done! A true testament of the strength of the Redford community! The amount of people in attendance was inspiring to say the least and truly left me in awe! Officer Jennifer Mansfield did an outstanding job focusing on safety and educating the community on apps teens use to hide data. She mentioned an app called the vault that looks like an icon similar to a calculator which teens use to hide communications and pictures. One of Dani's friends sang the song imagine by John Lennon. It brought tears to my eyes! The pastor who spoke at the end focused on angels who would search the far corners for Dani! I just though I'd share for those unable to watch!
I live streamed it and lit my candle! A beautiful event and full of great information! #finddani
ff2abe9ca48d20852005a98ef66d7223.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

What actually informed me about danielles case was someone stopped me in the mall at kohls because they had seen me in line at a glance and thought I was her. I don't even look like her really, besides brown hair and brown eyes, I am smaller than her, 5'3" and 100 lb but she's only 2 inches taller plus I did have my hair up in a bunch kinda like that photo someone here has in their signature/bottom part of their posts area lol so I could see how at a glance she could of thought I looked like her and it was pretty soon after she first dissapeared. I was at the westland mall, probably like 25 minutes from farmington hills

Lol just a reminder for everyone lighting candles for her tonight, don't forget about them ;) and yes I'm saying this because I lit a candle and then twenty minutes later, my mom insisted on dragging me out to the store real quick to look at a comforter set that the stores website said had only 1 left *rolls eyes* and while we searched for the stupid thing I realized I left the house without putting out the candle..oopsies. I'm home and it didn't burn dowb, but be careful :)

Yes! Like I said before backing off into the shadows. It was starting to feel almost like a game ... it felt disrespectful even a little. I don't even think it was the various theories that made me feel that way. It was the "frenzied" presentation of them such that theories were being taken as fact and then taken to weird new levels.

ETA - I sometimes feel that way when reviewing transcripts post conviction. Sometimes weird rumors taking flight into even weirder "hypotheticals" is a way to create a reasonable doubt that the real fact based findings/conclusions are in fact true. It only takes that teeny little ounce of doubt to prevent conviction. This may be why I was so bothered by it. That and some of the word choice I imagine Holocene having to read ... ugh! ... moving on.

I didn't see the posts you are referencing, but the way you describe it sounds exactly like Defense Attorney Spin-It-To-Win-It Tactics 101.

I'm a certified, card carrying, blue-blooded pro prosecution bulldog. ;)

I didn't see the posts you are referencing, but the way you describe it sounds exactly like Defense Attorney Spin-It-To-Win-It Tactics 101.

Right on sister

That made me smile! Thank you.

Neighbor Lady gave me a nice Christmas package that included a candle. Just lit it.

I continue to be so moved by the strength, grace, dignity and warmth of Danielle's family. I am in awe of what they, and Danielle's friends, have done to make her so real to so many and to keep her story out there.

It is very interesting to me that a state senator is attending. There are currently 4000 missing people in Michigan, why this one? One more reason that leads me to believe there is a lot more known than what LE is telling the public.

I'm sorry but do you really want an answer to this? Because I've got one...

Michigan is less than 2 years away from our next gubernatorial election. A Caucasian millennial from a generally viewed to be "upper class" suburb of Detroit with parents from rural Livingston county is missing. Judy Emmons won our Lt. Gov's seat after Rick Snyder chose him and Laura Toy has political ambitions, as well, plus ties to Livonia, which is where friend is from. It's politics. Either way, it helps with publicity but still... that's why they're there.

I'm sorry but do you really want an answer to this? Because I've got one...

Michigan is less than 2 years away from our next gubernatorial election. A Caucasian millennial from a generally viewed to be "upper class" suburb of Detroit with parents from rural Livingston county is missing. Judy Emmons won our Lt. Gov's seat after Rick Snyder chose him and Laura Toy has political ambitions, as well, plus ties to Livonia, which is where friend is from. It's politics. Either way, it helps with publicity but still... that's why they're there.

Danielle was from Redford, before moving to an apartment in Farmington Hills....Redford is not an "upper class" suburb. It borders Detroit. Furthermore, her parents are typical, middle-American, working class folks. Thank God some politicians still attend community events... Let's keep the faith! Love to the Stislicki family

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member