MI MI - Jasmine Moody, 18, Detroit, 4 December 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thanks for clearing that up. I really hope she is found safe and without harm. Maybe she met someone while she was there and crashing with them. Having no contact with friends and family for almost a month is not a good sign though.

Thanks for clearing that up. I really hope she is found safe and without harm. Maybe she met someone while she was there and crashing with them. Having no contact with friends and family for almost a month is not a good sign though.
I honestly don't think she will be found safe, or found at all.

I'm really worried. I don't have a good feeling at all.

Me neither but I'm ever hopeful.

Based upon the image shared by @Ontario Mom (and news sources, plus other sources) I know the house she was staying at. It's a residential area with detached houses and green flat space at Sylvester st which from 3708 Baldwin turning right is only a 1 minute walk (according to Google)

First image is to the left second is to the right

gM5TZmg.jpg

iGSScdM.jpg

The sunset at 5pm in Detriot on December 5th so at 7.30pm (the time she was last reported as seen) I think there would be a significant level of darkness.

This is the first road (Mack Ave) she would come across if she turned left from 3708 Baldwin. That walk acc to Google is 2 minutes

CdjIBXZ.jpg

"She ran out the door and my daughter just happened to still be out here," Sonia said. "So she grabbed her clothes from her and she said where are you going, you're not from here.

"It was bad, it was late at night."

FOX 2 was told told Brittany then went back inside.

"But when she came back out, (Jasmine) was gone,
" Sonia said. "We haven't seen her since."

That was Dec. 4, the last time they say, they saw Jasmine.

We don't know how long B was inside for. When I'm angry I know I walk quite quickly but would I do that in the dark in an unfamiliar neighbourhood? I'm not sure

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/2...earch-for-missing-texas-student-jasmine-moody

I don't see any street lamps in those pictures.

Dénouement;11358780 said:
We don't know how long B was inside for. When I'm angry I know I walk quite quickly but would I do that in the dark in an unfamiliar neighbourhood? I'm not sure

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/2...earch-for-missing-texas-student-jasmine-moody
I just read something from that link I didn't know before:

"I am Brittany Gurley's mom, which is the young lady's girlfriend that's missing," Sonia said. She says her daughter Brittany, who like Jasmine, is also a student at Texas Women's University, who she flew in to see.

I just read something I didn't know before:

"I am Brittany Gurley's mom, which is the young lady's girlfriend that's missing," Sonia said. She says her daughter Brittany, who like Jasmine, is also a student at Texas Women's University, who she flew in to see.

What a great thing another perspective is. I reread numerous articles looking for something about travel prompted by @cebee and @AliEastCA and it happened to be in the article that I posted and I missed it!

I don't see any street lamps in those pictures.

I do see one in the last picture, if you look way over to the right. But regardless, the lighting situation in Detroit is not very good. At one point over half of the streetlights in Detroit were either burned out or just inoperable (thieves would actually steal the copper wiring from the lights). I know that there is a big project that has been going on since last year to get all the lights working again, but how far they are on that, I do not know.

I just read something from that link I didn't know before:

Weird. They met online. She traveled to see her. But they go to school together?

Weird. They met online. She traveled to see her. But they go to school together?

I saw that statement about B going to the same school in one of the early msm articles. But, the more I discovered about B, the less I believe it. Or rather, I guess I should say the less I believe it was any kind of full-time student situation. That neighborhood is downright nasty, and if I were so inclined to hurt someone and hide them, and lived in that area, I'm sure I'd have PLENTY of places to choose from. If Jasmine were my daughter I'd be making so much noise about the local LE searching those empty houses they'd go search just to shut me up.

Yeah, I remember seeing that statement also and it didn't really make any sense to me. There is no indication that B ever lived in Texas or was going to that university (or any university). Maybe she took some online classes? But why a young woman living in Detroit would take online classes from a place in Texas I don't know. I guess she could have signed up for classes after meeting JM and being drawn to that school because of the relationship. Who knows. Mom is hinky to me. JMO

I don't know. I smell cover up somewhere. None of this makes sense. They had an altercation over fb but doesn't look like Jasmine is even active on fb. But then again, maybe her more recent postings are private. I have a bad feeling about all of this.

If they have been a couple for 2 years ( as was posted someplace up line...) and Jasmine is 18... did this relationship start when she was 16? She would not have been a college student at that point. So meeting at college was not an option. And IF they were both students in Texas... why is B not back there in classes now? No, none of this makes sense. B's mom is just making it up as she is going along. I would like to think the LE is just letting her get enough rope to hang herself...
It is not unusual for bodies to be found in abandoned houses in Detroit ( although the city is trying to raze them and create green space- which may account for the open areas you can see in the pics) I would HOPE that police, family, searchers... would have gone thru them right at the start... Sadly, if J was not reported missing till long after she actually DID - if she had been put in a dumpster etc she may never be found....

Re this from my earlier link

She says her daughter Brittany, who like Jasmine, is also a student at Texas Women's University, who she flew in to see.

I have not seen another article that says this. The article itself is transcribed from the video on the same page the reporter actually says

She says her daughter B is who J, a student at Texas Womens University flew in to see.

Additionally she B's mom says B has been visiting for 'about two years' what I will say is that on Twitter their first communication is Sep 2013 there are few social media sites so it is not to say they didn't communicate elsewhere prior

Jasmine came to Detroit for Thanksgiving break to visit Brittany, a friend she met on Twitter about a year or two ago.

http://www.miheadlines.com/2014/12/13/texas-student-gone-missing-detroit/

This missing poster I posted below I found at this link but description of her gives a different age

If they have been a couple for 2 years ( as was posted someplace up line...) and Jasmine is 18... did this relationship start when she was 16? She would not have been a college student at that point. So meeting at college was not an option. And IF they were both students in Texas... why is B not back there in classes now? No, none of this makes sense. B's mom is just making it up as she is going along. I would like to think the LE is just letting her get enough rope to hang herself...
It is not unusual for bodies to be found in abandoned houses in Detroit ( although the city is trying to raze them and create green space- which may account for the open areas you can see in the pics) I would HOPE that police, family, searchers... would have gone thru them right at the start... Sadly, if J was not reported missing till long after she actually DID - if she had been put in a dumpster etc she may never be found....

I know this thread says 18 but the news articles and video reports say 19 EDIT: I'm confused because some do give her age as 18 :dunno: does anybody have her date of birth?

Jasmine-Moody1.jpg

I was about to ask if you guys had heard anything from J parents. I wonder if her parents knew anything about B and their relationship.

With he being a college student living in Texas while parents were in Arkansas, it is possible they had no knowledge of the relationship.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back