MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
State Rep. Lamonte, Jessica Heeringa family, to announce bill protecting store clerks

By Stephen Kloosterman | sklooste@mlive.com

December 04, 2013 at 1:41 PM, updated December 04, 2013 at 3:23 PM

NORTON SHORES, MI -- State Rep. Collene Lamonte, D-Montague, will announce Monday a bill aimed at protecting gas station and convenience store workers like Jessica Heeringa, a Norton Shores woman missing since April.

The press conference will take place 10 a.m. Dec. 9 at the Pointes Shopping Center, 1040 E. Sternburg Rd., near the gas station from which Heeringa disappeared, according to Lamonte’s office staff. Heeringa’s family members will attend the conference...

http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/index.ssf/2013/12/state_rep_lamonte_jessica_heer.html

http://www.wzzm13.com/news/article/...Jessica-Heeringa?odyssey=tab|topnews|bc|large

Family still searching for Jessica Heeringa

Jessica Heeringa disappeared over 7 months ago while working a late night shift at the Exxon gas station on Sternberg Road in Norton Shores.
A lot of different groups are now looking for Jessica. The family,PI,police,state police,websleuths,facebook,and private individuals. The hunt for Jessica has not yet reached its peak! Happy holiday season websleuths.:loveyou:

I get excited every time I see this thread pop up. Thinking she's been found safe or a lead came in.

Justice will prevail. We can't give up.

I still wonder if she knew her abductor, goldenbear made mention of a panic button somewhere underneath the counter? Was there any mention of the button being pushed at any point? Then too, I guess it would have been too late.

As far as I know there has been no mention at all of a panic button...

I don't have much to add, just wanted to say that it was Jessica's case that first introduced me to this site.

Many (many many!) years ago I was a petite young blonde working the night shift at a gas station not too far from Norton Shores. Luckily there were always at least two of us working. But it still got creepy late at night when I was at the register and my co-worker was off restocking the cooler or out checking the pumps. It got especially creepy when one of our handful of difficult/odd 'regulars' would come in and start acting up, while I knew that my co-worker couldn't hear or see what was going on. I can't imagine what it would be like to be alone all the time in that environment, like Jessica was.

I check every day for news on Jessica. Every day I hope for developments; I hope for answers for her family and friends. I hope they won't have to wait much longer.

I don't have much to add, just wanted to say that it was Jessica's case that first introduced me to this site...

...I check every day for news on Jessica. Every day I hope for developments; I hope for answers for her family and friends. I hope they won't have to wait much longer.

:welcome4:

This really has nothing to do with anything, but I drove by the station tonight and something made me want to take a spin through the parking lot.

The lights were low inside, with only one car parked out front. I think the station was closed. It was 10 pm or so. I pulled back in and drove around the building. Back light was shining bright. It really does light up the back of the store. There was a man behind the counter..counting the drawer down maybe? He could have been the owner, or maybe they hired a man to work nights.

It is just such an eerie feeling driving through there at night, knowing that something horrible happened to Jessica there. I just felt a heavy sense of dread. I wish whoever did this would be found out, turned in or whatever. The not knowing where she is, how she is...it's not a good feeling.

God bless all the passerbys walking the roads,sidewalks and paths in Michigan that are finding the missing. There must be at least a million of them.

You all have probably said this before...

It really irritates me that we have to have a law passed to protect employees. I mean what in the world is wrong with people?

Michigan bill designed to protect late-night clerks after disappearance in western Michigan

Published On: Dec 09 2013 06:59:16 AM EST

NORTON SHORES, Mich. -
Legislation is being announced that would require Michigan gas stations open after 11 p.m. to have two employees working or to install security cameras.

The bill scheduled to be unveiled Monday morning in western Michigan comes after the April disappearance of a 26-year-old woman from her job at a Norton Shores gas station...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...gan/-/1719418/23389582/-/b1o40vz/-/index.html

You all have probably said this before...

It really irritates me that we have to have a law passed to protect employees. I mean what in the world is wrong with people?

Yes, exactly! A lot of these companies and owners are just too cheap to pay wages for two employees, it cuts down on their profits. They're not going to keep more than one attendant on duty until they're forced to. If making laws helps save someone's life, then I'm glad they're taking that step.

I lasted three days at a similar job about 20 years ago, when I found out I had to work till 11 p.m. by myself. (They had two people working the day shift.) There had just been a robbery at a convenience store in a small town about 5 miles away and the clerk had been shot and killed.

I have sent to Tips4Jessica@gmail.com information on possible people who may know where Jessica is. These people were found by combining several reports on social media. Happy holiday season Websleuths.

Did they ever catch the bank robber? Is there any more new information about this incident? IK and others were robbers too. That robbery has stood out to me from the beginning, but I don't recall hearing anything else about it since it happened. IIRC, there should be links to this article in the first couple pages of Jessica's first thread...

Also get very hopeful whenever I see Jessica's thread bumped up. I don't post much and haven't even been following the Facebook group as a few weeks ago I saw it had been made private (is this still the case?) but I think of Jessica and her family often.

I pray her mom, sister, fiance and their son all retain faith and strength during the holidays. Can't begin to imagine how they're feeling. :(

Justice for Jess!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members