MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #9 (J. Willis GUILTY)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to admit that I don't think Jeffrey Willis looks at all like the sketch. Most importantly his hair isn't anything like the sketch. Did Willis ever have longer hair over the last two years? In his driver's license photo--however old it is--he has short hair, whereas the sketch has longer hair. I'd also note that it looks like Jeffrey Willis wears glasses to drive. And the sketch as described by the store mgr. came from presumably when Jeffrey Willis would've been driving the van. Would not have the mgr said, "The guy was wearing glasses", while detailing the description to the sketch artist?

I know, I know, I'm the doubting Thomas. But we've all been down this road with other cases where something seemed solved, and it wasn't.

I'd also add that the store manager said the kidnapper's van was a Chrysler T & C, not a Dodge Grand Caravan. Yes, I know they're the same model, technically. So, unless Willis sold the T & C and bought the exact same design but in a different nameplate, I think there's a problem. Also, I remember reading somewhere that the police canvassed all silver minivans in the area, including Willis', back when Jessica disappeared. I know it seems like I'm nitpicking but all these tidbits mean something.

And I'm still trying to figure out how the store manager allegedly could get the description of the driver of the van correct, but get the kind of van wrong. I'd also remind all of you that the kidnapping happened at night. So, I'm still not sure how the manager could get an accurate description of anyone--whether she got it as the suspect was shutting the back of the van from about 300ft. away OR in the split second when the van went past her in the parking lot.

There are still some holes to fill.

I have to admit that I don't think Jeffrey Willis looks at all like the sketch.

rsbm

I wouldn't be concerned about that. Eyewitness reports and recollections, especially in a situation like this, are notoriously unreliable.

rsbm

I wouldn't be concerned about that. Eyewitness reports and recollections, especially in a situation like this, are notoriously unreliable.

Totally agree. In my mind his eyes and nose are the same as the sketch particularly after I'd seen the court video. The hair is totally different but stated people's memories can be unreliable. I just hope the police find irrefutable evidence against him if he did take Jessica. He seems like the kind of perp who may like trophies to relive his crimes given the photos found.

If he is going to jail for life with the crimes already charged with he still needs to be held accountable for other crimes he may have committed. He needs to be charged, prosecuted & sentenced for every victim even if it makes no difference to him. The families of victims need this to grieve and to move forward.

I'd like all of you others to double check something for me. I went on to Google Maps after writing that last post and found a sky view of Willis' home. All of you have probably done the same. And there's the now-popular street view of his home with the Caravan sitting in the yard.

Anyway, the default sky view of Willis' home is the 3D version and it's very clear. You'll know it's the 3D view because the trees look fake from the sky. However, you can turn the 3D feature off. Well, I did that and a different sky view picture appears--an older one. In both the newer sky view pic and the old one, Willis' van can be seen. So, he was the resident of the house for both pics.

Well, if you alternate between the old and new pic, you can see a rear sidewalk was added. In the old pic, it's just a short little turn from the driveway into the rear of the house. In the newer pic, the sidewalk runs about 1/2 the length of the house.

I'd love to know when that sidewalk was installed. Ya know, not to get all conspiratorial and stuff.

I'd like all of you others to double check something for me. I went on to Google Maps after writing that last post and found a sky view of Willis' home. All of you have probably done the same. And there's the now-popular street view of his home with the Caravan sitting in the yard.

Anyway, the default sky view of Willis' home is the 3D version and it's very clear. You'll know it's the 3D view because the trees look fake from the sky. However, you can turn the 3D feature off. Well, I did that and a different sky view picture appears--an older one. In both the newer sky view pic and the old one, Willis' van can be seen. So, he was the resident of the house for both pics.

Well, if you alternate between the old and new pic, you can see a rear sidewalk was added. In the old pic, it's just a short little turn from the driveway into the rear of the house. In the newer pic, the sidewalk runs about 1/2 the length of the house.

I'd love to know when that sidewalk was installed. Ya know, not to get all conspiratorial and stuff.

Thanks for posting this I hope the detectives do a thorough ground radar search if they haven't done so already.

I have to admit that I don't think Jeffrey Willis looks at all like the sketch. Most importantly his hair isn't anything like the sketch. Did Willis ever have longer hair over the last two years? In his driver's license photo--however old it is--he has short hair, whereas the sketch has longer hair. I'd also note that it looks like Jeffrey Willis wears glasses to drive. And the sketch as described by the store mgr. came from presumably when Jeffrey Willis would've been driving the van. Would not have the mgr said, "The guy was wearing glasses", while detailing the description to the sketch artist?

I know, I know, I'm the doubting Thomas. But we've all been down this road with other cases where something seemed solved, and it wasn't.

I'd also add that the store manager said the kidnapper's van was a Chrysler T & C, not a Dodge Grand Caravan. Yes, I know they're the same model, technically. So, unless Willis sold the T & C and bought the exact same design but in a different nameplate, I think there's a problem. Also, I remember reading somewhere that the police canvassed all silver minivans in the area, including Willis', back when Jessica disappeared. I know it seems like I'm nitpicking but all these tidbits mean something.

And I'm still trying to figure out how the store manager allegedly could get the description of the driver of the van correct, but get the kind of van wrong. I'd also remind all of you that the kidnapping happened at night. So, I'm still not sure how the manager could get an accurate description of anyone--whether she got it as the suspect was shutting the back of the van from about 300ft. away OR in the split second when the van went past her in the parking lot.

There are still some holes to fill.

All valid questions, though the model of the van would be easy to mistake, like a Camero v. a Firebird would be.

Ultimately, what was observed that night won't amount to anything. Either they have photos of Jessica on his hard drive, or articles of her clothing or her DNA. If they don't have any of that, they don't have a case.

Wow, great observation! You might consider emailing that to Norton Shores PD or giving them a call. Unless someone alternated views, like you did, they wouldn't know. Could be nothing and could be sinister but it needs to be checked out.

My quote from above: "One thing to remember about tying Willis to Jessica's case is the gas station. He was a regular and knew who Jessica was because he stopped at the gas station. It was on his way home and to work. This is a statement according to the co-worker."

My apologies....should have put the link to where Willis's co-workers stated he frequently stopped at the gas station and knew who Jessica was. It was on the local TV news station, where they interviewed the co-worker...........http://woodtv.com/2016/05/25/sources-willis-frequented-heeringas-gas-station/

According to I wittiness testimony, Willis is the first viable suspect weve had thus far. For those of you that keep defending him by saying "Oh Willis wears glasses, it could not have been him", that's nonsense. Lots of people wear glasses, but still can drive without them. I think he didn't have his glasses on because he just took a mask off his head. He probally put his glasses on as soon as he started driving down the road.

This is a very interesting photo comparison. We see cement changes in each picture. One has cement by the barn and the other has cement walkway behind the house. Who does this? Typically when you add cement it stays. Not sure which is the latest photo.
c85adbbdf9d3af4cbec5220c10d4cd9d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jessica Heeringa's killer caught? I'm convinced.
160605cfd34547fc698d11bc17f3e20e.jpg

This is a very interesting photo comparison. We see cement changes in each picture. One has cement by the barn and the other has cement walkway behind the house. Who does this? Typically when you add cement it stays. Not sure which is the latest photo.
c85adbbdf9d3af4cbec5220c10d4cd9d.jpg

The cement walkway is still there but the roof is different.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

No you are missing it. On left is the cement walkway. On right it is not there but there is a cement pad next to the barn on left. Now do you see this?

I don't think the roof changed, I think the angle of the picture changes in the picture on the right, and the roof hides the walkway. But as the previous poster said the big change is the concrete pad next to the barn/shed.

Jessica Heeringa's killer caught? I'm convinced.
160605cfd34547fc698d11bc17f3e20e.jpg

The resemblance is uncanny. Credit goes to SF and the sketch artist. It's him folks. Just a matter of time.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

According to I wittiness testimony, Willis is the first viable suspect weve had thus far. For those of you that keep defending him by saying "Oh Willis wears glasses, it could not have been him", that's nonsense. Lots of people wear glasses, but still can drive without them. I think he didn't have his glasses on because he just took a mask off his head. He probally put his glasses on as soon as he started driving down the road.

Agree and if someone is planning to assault someone or get into a physical altercation of any kind they are probably going to take off their glasses beforehand to avoid losing or breaking them in the fight.

It would be feasible for anyone committing crimes to have a bag full of wigs, glasses and other items to change their appearance. But you can't hide the real facial features. That's why the facial comparison with and without glasses and the different hair look still shows the same killer.

No you are missing it. On left is the cement walkway. On right it is not there but there is a cement pad next to the barn on left. Now do you see this?

Looks like something is to the left of barn in pic on right, concrete blocks, wood. With the walkway, I'm not sure if the satellite is at a different angle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charley04