MI MI - Julia Niswender, 23, EMU student, Ypsilanti, 10 Dec 2012 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is very disturbing, roses. It seems Julia has taken a back seat already. All we ask is cooperation, in every way possible.

Seeking justice, for Julia's sake. Amen.

(goodnight, peeps. Try to rest)

From the link posted up thread...
http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/2...rder-in-court-for-child-*advertiser censored*

Jennifer Niswender (0:16): "I think linking the two is absolutely crazy, it's ridiculous."
(0:38): "I know for a fact that my dad's innocent and that he had nothing to do with my sister."
(2:01): "It's all craziness and I.. it's insane and I can't tell you... what this is doing to our family"

Sorry, but unless you are with a person every second of the day, which is impossible since humans need to sleep, you really do NOT know for a fact what they have and have not done.

You are absolutely right, TigerBalm!

According to this article, Julia did not specifically say she had been sexually assaulted. The grandmother has made that assumption because Julia would shut down if confronted.

http://www.wxyz.com/news/region/mon...-person-of-interest-in-julia-niswender-murder

The alleged child *advertiser censored* was found as police went through his computer while investigating Julia Niswender’s death.
James’ mother-in-law, Rose Niswender, said she fears for her life if he is released. She says the child *advertiser censored* charge backs her theory that he is connected to Julia’s death.
“There were allegations that he sexually molested Julia,” said Rose Niswender.

She said Julia lived with her when not at college because she did not get along with her step-father. She said when she tried to ask why, Julia shut down.

Reading over some earlier reports and came upon this one. Some have posted here that JT has had interviews with police. However, according to this, he has never made a formal on-the-record statement. I have to believe this, coming from the police in a press release.

Why would he not have done a formal statement? Just chatting with police is very different than what they are requesting of him.

Ypsilanti police said investigators, as well as some family members of Julia, have concerns the stepdad has knowledge pertaining to her death.

“This is due to the fact that he has not provided detectives with a formal statement as to his whereabouts the days prior to Julia’s death, thus making him a person of interest,” police said in a press release, adding, “We continue to follow leads, intelligence gathered, and analysis of the evidence obtained to date.”
http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2015/03...er censored*-charges-are-the-cases-connected/

That Kim and Jennifer so adamantly support James Turnquist convinces me that the 12-year-old daughter should be removed from the family home. :moo:

If the objective is to influence public perception and shine a favorable light on JT, I'm afraid "TEAM RED" will backfire. There's more to be gained from reticence and passive fortitude under these circumstances.

I do empathize with the mother and surviving daughters. They've suffered an unspeakable tragedy that could only be made more unbearable if JT is, in fact, guilty.

If the objective is to influence public perception and shine a favorable light on JT, I'm afraid "TEAM RED" will backfire. There's more to be gained from reticence and passive fortitude under these circumstances.

I do empathize with the mother and surviving daughters. They've suffered an unspeakable tragedy that could only be made more unbearable if JT is, in fact, guilty.

That is the problem I am having now. Public perception is slowly going down the drain, from what I am hearing. Sneers, inappropriate smiles, and gestures in or around the courthouse. Drawing attention to your group with the coordinated color of clothing. Refusing to cooperate. They are just drawing a lot of unneeded skepticism to the whole family this way. We were so on their side up to this possible crime --- don't blow it. Proceed cautiously, but with graceful dignity and you get all the positive help and support you can ask for.

^ Jennifer chewing gum during the hearing yesterday shows a lack of respect for the Judge and officers of the Court. She seems very immature. :moo:

^ Jennifer chewing gum during the hearing yesterday shows a lack of respect for the Judge and officers of the Court. She seems very immature. :moo:

I get a similar immaturity feel from the mother in some interviews.

I get a similar immaturity feel from the mother in some interviews.

Kim didn't have custody of her twins before she married Turnquist, her parents did. Given that, I assume, the grandparents besides having legal custody were also financially responsible for the family until Kim married Turnquist.

Yes, Kim was about 15, perhaps 16, when the twins were born. Possibly she is clinging to this relationship beyond what many of us would do under these circumstances. She may be fearful of a life without a man, or without the financial stability, or just not seeing this in the way an outsider does. I wonder if, in her heart, she may have questions that she is afraid to confront. I somehow feel she has been more a friend than a mother to the girls. That does not imply she has not been a good mother. She very well may have done the best she could.

This is just feels sadder with each day.

I don't see how any of this will solve the crime of what happened to Julia. It seems more like revenge of sorts against the entire family because Julia's death couldn't be solved.

What else? I honestly don't know. Perhaps he has really brainwashed them or is a very good liar, and they want to keep the rest of the family together? Does Jennifer still live in the family home? Were they in denial over Julia's alleged accusation? Did he use that to put a wedge between Julia and the family? From all outward appearances we have seen, Julia's social media seems to indicate a good relationship with both parents. Was she also covering up or trying to hide that? Is it really true? Were any other family or friends aware of the sexual abuse possibility? It is truly mind boggling

I sense a lot of pain in you tonight, rosesfromangels. Bless you for sharing your thoughts.

I'll try to find the news article reporting that the 12-year-old daughter of KT and JT had spent a weekend with Jennifer when she was temporarily removed from the home pending a hearing. I assumed this meant that Jennifer lives elsewhere because the younger sibling could not be in the family home until the court appearance.

ETA: This article says "family members", but I saw another that said that the youngster stayed with Jennifer.

...The girl was removed from the home and stayed with relatives shortly after her father was arrested...

http://www.monroenews.com/news/2015/mar/10/officials-tried-remove-daughter-turnquist-home/

I don't see how any of this will solve the crime of what happened to Julia. It seems more like revenge of sorts against the entire family because Julia's death couldn't be solved.
You said it! That solving Julia's murder will take a backseat to the drama being played out for public consumption irks the h*ll out of me. LE won't be distracted by the shenanigans. No worries there. But if the family is so obstinate in their support of JT that they are not fully cooperative and forthcoming with LE, it could hinder the investigation, and that's inexcusable. As I said, I understand the need to hold onto what's left of their family and their sanity, but poor Julia is dead. Murdered. Seeking justice for her should be the driving force that binds them. Stonewalling won't help anyone, and will destroy them all in time. Then again, perhaps it's not what it seems, and I'm just picking up the wrong vibe. If so, well there ya go -- the "team red" effect.

You said it! That solving Julia's murder will take a backseat to the drama being played out for public consumption irks the h*ll out of me. LE won't be distracted by the shenanigans. No worries there. But if the family is so obstinate in their support of JT that they are not fully cooperative and forthcoming with LE, it could hinder the investigation, and that's inexcusable. As I said, I understand the need to hold onto what's left of their family and their sanity, but poor Julia is dead. Murdered. Seeking justice for her should be the driving force that binds them. Stonewalling won't help anyone, and will destroy them all in time. Then again, perhaps it's not what it seems, and I'm just picking up the wrong vibe. If so, well there ya go -- the "team red" effect.

Couldn't agree more, bessie. When the news first hit, when it did seem more possible than not that JT could be involved with Julia's murder, the resounding thought I had was: how selfish do you have to be to keep destroying all that you claim to protect so deliberately just to protect yourself. I don't think JT does care to spare them the humiliation of the "red team" effect that is bound to happen, just as you suggest.

The Jen and Kim claim this is being done to hound Turnquist into giving an official statement. Even if that were true, my question to them mirrors Rose's, what about giving an "official statement" could be worth all this trouble?

No Turnquist report on the noon news (WDIV). Does anyone know if he's out of jail yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skelyatr