MI MI - Julia Niswender, 23, EMU student, Ypsilanti, 10 Dec 2012 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Prelim hearing is tomorrow (Tuesday, March 17) at 1:30 pm

Thanks for the info. I will arrange my gym/errand schedule so I can watch.

Additionally, there is another hearing on March 27 at 9:00AM to determine whether or not the 12-year-old daughter can remain in the family home.

...A pretrial conference was held in a separate case involving James and Kim Turnquist's 12-year-old daughter in Monroe County. A petition filed by the Department of Human Services late last month sought to remove her from their home.

Monroe County Probate Judge Cheryl Lohmeyer decided Thursday in a brief hearing that the child will remain with Kim Turnquist for the time being. A pretrial hearing has been scheduled for 9 a.m. March 27...

http://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/2015/03/12/james-turnquist-hearing/70209480/

it always leaves petechiae.

I suspect they found both petechiae AND water in the lungs.

If anyone hears that tomorrow's hearing will be live-streamed, please post a link. Thanks

it always leaves petechiae.

I suspect they found both petechiae AND water in the lungs.

To to what are you referring by "it" always leaves petechiae? Asphyxiation or drowning?

petechiae is not always present with suffocation, but usually. Possibly none with drowning.

http://www.forensicpathologyonline.com/e-book/asphyxia/suffocation-smothering :
It won't let me copy, but "in some cases death is rapid ..... asphyxiation signs may not be present ..... petechiae hemmorhages are rare "

[h=3][PDF]Death By Strangulation - Mark Wynn Consulting[/h]www.markwynn.com/wp-content/uploads/death-by-strangulation.pdf

... The presence of petechiae doesnot prove strangulation, and the absence of petechiae does not disprove ..

[h=3]Defense Witness: Dr. Werner Spitz - Free Ryan Widmer[/h]freeryanwidmer.com/component/content/article?id=289:defense...dr...

Did the victim drown in a lake or did he have a heart attack in the lake? ... said it was probably caused by CPR because there is usually no petechia in drowning. ... breaks in the eye and then it leaks leaving a small red spot; that is petechia.

To to what are you referring by "it" always leaves petechiae? Asphyxiation or drowning?

petechiae is not always present with suffocation, but usually. Possibly none with drowning.

http://www.forensicpathologyonline.com/e-book/asphyxia/suffocation-smothering :
It won't let me copy, but "in some cases death is rapid ..... asphyxiation signs may not be present ..... petechiae hemmorhages are rare "

[PDF]Death By Strangulation - Mark Wynn Consulting

www.markwynn.com/wp-content/uploads/death-by-strangulation.pdf

... The presence of petechiae doesnot prove strangulation, and the absence of petechiae does not disprove ..

Defense Witness: Dr. Werner Spitz - Free Ryan Widmer

freeryanwidmer.com/component/content/article?id=289:defense...dr...

Did the victim drown in a lake or did he have a heart attack in the lake? ... said it was probably caused by CPR because there is usually no petechia in drowning. ... breaks in the eye and then it leaks leaving a small red spot; that is petechia.

I don't want to answer for the poster, but I believe s/he meant petechiae was a sign of suffocation, with additional evidence of drowning, such as water in the lungs. I mentioned something similar in an earlier post. Without the autopsy report, it's merely specualtion, of course. I *think*, however, that to make such an exact determination -- drowning preceded by asphyxiation -- the autopsy examination must have provided distinct and separate indications of both traumatic events. JMO

Not finding live stream of the hearing that is scheduled today at 1:30PM. Guess we'll have to wait for update later today.

^ I went to the gym and ran a few errands earlier so I would be home for the hearing. Bummer that it's not live streamed :gaah:

Court was delayed until 2:30 FYI. TEAM RED!

According to some tweets, Turnquist waived the prelim hearing. Not sure why.

Charlie Langton ‏@charlielangton 54m54 minutes ago
Turnquist will waive Pre-lim. Bound over to circuit on March 27. @Fox2news @WWJ950 pic.twitter.com/xFQ5A0pl7M

John Counts ‏@John_Counts 1h1 hour ago
Turnquist is going to waive the prelim.

possible reasons:
http://www.avvo.com/legal-guides/ug...a-guide-to-michigans-preliminary-examinations

^ Thanks for the updates. I'll report on Channel 4 news later.

Wonder where JT will stay if he gets out of jail? Not allowed to have contact with youngsters under age 16, so he can't go home.

Good report on WDIV until audio was lost. Might return to Steve Garagiola later in broadcast. White appears the apparel color of choice today. Jennifer chewing gum in courtroom - rude and disrespectful, IMO.

^ Thanks for the updates. I'll report on Channel 4 news later.

Wonder where JT will stay if he gets out of jail? Not allowed to have contact with youngsters under age 16, so he can't go home.

Just saw the news at 6pm and it was mentioned that the mother was also not cooperating with authorities regarding Julia's murder. The grandmother was interviewed and she said that Julia was sexually abused. Really interesting family dynamics. With the mother and sister supporting JT it reminds me of an honor killing in some Middle Eastern cultures.

Bond lowered for Monroe County man facing child *advertiser censored* charges
Steve Garagiola reports Local 4 News @ 6 44 m Updated 42 m

Julia's grandmothers speaks of her fear of him and asks:

"Why can't you cooperate and give them a statement so they can clear you and move on?"

'She's spitting lies,' says Julia Niswender's aunt about grandmother's comments
by John Counts, Mar 17, '15, 6:55 pm

[...]

Rose Niswender isn't the only family member who has their suspicions about James Turnquist, however. She was accompanied to court by several other aunts and cousins of Julia Niswender.

[...]

"It's because of him. That's why she lived with me."

They said there were some "unhealthy" things going on at the Turnquist house."

[...]

Turnquist's bond reduced
By Ray Kisonasm Tue, Mar 17, '15, 5:09 pm

[...]

"she is worried about her own safety because she said Mr. Turnquist had threatened her in the past. She said she has a personal protection order against him. “I’m very concerned,”

[...]

“He has not been cooperating with the police. This is my granddaughter we’re talking about. And as soon as the police wanted to interview him he lawyered up.”

[...]

Bond lowered in child *advertiser censored* case for person of interest in Julia Niswender murder
ABC 7 News , Mar 17, '15 28 mins ago

[...]

“There were allegations that he sexually molested Julia,” said Rose Niswender.

[...]

"She said Julia lived with her when not at college because she did not get along with her step-father. She said when she tried to ask why, Julia shut down."

[...]

A person of interest in a murder, in court for child *advertiser censored*
Charlie Langton for Fox 2 News Mar 17, 15 6:29 pm edt

[...]

"There have been several allegations that he was sexually molesting Julia," said Rose Niswender, Julia's grandmother.

[...]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member