MI MI - Julia Niswender, 23, EMU student, Ypsilanti, 10 Dec 2012 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see how any of this will solve the crime of what happened to Julia. It seems more like revenge of sorts against the entire family because Julia's death couldn't be solved.

Hi OldSteve, always appreciate and respect your posts. This concept is intriguing, and I agree to a degree, but with a variation.
Yes, I think we are all getting quite riled up about the behavior of the family. (Team Red!), smacking gum in court, sneering, etc.
For me, here's why. We've got a dead young gal murdered under ninja like circumstances, (Julia), a family friend about her age missing (Chelsea Bruck), an allegations of possession of child *advertiser censored*. (Turnquist). This is horrific stuff, and has the potential to be tied to a much larger case. (Child *advertiser censored* ring, the two girls murder/disappearance related), etc.

The child *advertiser censored* alone, let alone missing and murdered young women is enough to call for decorum. The family has displayed a complete lack of decorum and sensible judgement. Does this make Turnquist guilty alone? No. Lack of decorum does not equate to guilt, but it inspires one to dwell on the motivation for such unfortunate behavior. From the armchair perspective, it looks like a feeble attempt at deflection, at creating a smokescreen. It has actually had the opposite effect. If casts a greater spotlight of suspicion on the alleged Perp.

I will qualify my remarks by saying that I consider crimes against children and other defenseless individuals the greatest form of evil, and that if Turnquist is proven to be guilty of crimes against children, I am confident that the good citizens of MI will prosecute him to the fullest extent of the law. With that possibility looming, wearing red like a misguided cheer squad is ill advised.

As usual, my armchair perspective, speculation, and opinion only.

Respectfully snipped:

I will qualify my remarks by saying that I consider crimes against children and other defenseless individuals the greatest form of evil, and that if Turnquist is proven to be guilty of crimes against children, I am confident that the good citizens of MI will prosecute him to the fullest extent of the law. With that possibility looming, wearing red like a misguided cheer squad is ill advised.
As usual, my armchair perspective, speculation, and opinion only.

Agree one thousand percent!

In related (?) news:

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...ser censored*-drops-request-for-bond/31866182

Thanks for the links roses. just an FYI --- we have a thread for Huntley:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ed*-found-in-former-substitute-teacher-s-home

Thanks Spellbound. It will be interesting to see if this ends up being a "franchise" of sorts. Sadly, it's a profitable business. Kudos to MI LE for aggressively going after, and obtaining arrests.

I don't recall if we know how Huntley came to be arrested. It was so soon after JT, that I wonder if something was found on JT's computer that led to Huntley. Or it could just be coincidental.

You have made some very interesting posts, roses. Thanks for all your contributions.

I don't recall if we know how Huntley came to be arrested. It was so soon after JT, that I wonder if something was found on JT's computer that led to Huntley. Or it could just be coincidental.

You have made some very interesting posts, roses. Thanks for all your contributions.
I found this little blurb in one of the first news stories;
"The case involving Mr. Huntley had developed during an investigation by the state police’s Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force. Information obtained during the investigation led to the suspect."
http://t.monroenews.com/news/2015/m...dvertiser censored*-charges/?templates=tablet

Thanks for that info, Mountaingazer!

Julia Niswender's stepfather released on bond in child *advertiser censored* case
By Darcie Moran, Mar 18, '15, 2:41 pm

Child Protective Services became involved with the child after Turnquist was arraigned on Feb. 27 for possessing child *advertiser censored*. She is currently being allowed to stay at home with her mother.

Monroe man facing child *advertiser censored* charges released from jail
Rod Meloni, Local 4, Mar 18, 15, 6:24:56 pm edt, reports, in a thorough segment, that

"The Ypsilanti Police Department is deeply suspicious of him."
BBM

and that he has

"No internet connectivity by phone or by computer."

Julia Niswender's family split about stepfather's child *advertiser censored* charges
By Austen Smith of Digital First Media, in The Ypsilanti Courier, Wed, Mar 18, '15
Sites John Counts article from yesterday.

<modsnip>

Julia Niswender's stepfather released on bond in child *advertiser censored* case
By Darcie Moran, Mar 18, '15, 2:41 pm

Child Protective Services became involved with the child after Turnquist was arraigned on Feb. 27 for possessing child *advertiser censored*. She is currently being allowed to stay at home with her mother.

Monroe man facing child *advertiser censored* charges released from jail
Rod Meloni, Local 4, Mar 18, 15, 6:24:56 pm edt, reports, in a thorough segment, that

"The Ypsilanti Police Department is deeply suspicious of him."
BBM

and that he has

"No internet connectivity by phone or by computer."

Julia Niswender's family split about stepfather's child *advertiser censored* charges
By Austen Smith of Digital First Media, in The Ypsilanti Courier, Wed, Mar 18, '15
Sites John Counts article from yesterday.

O/T
Man who videotaped rape of bound 18-month-old compared to Charles Manson
John Agar, MLive Mar 18, 15, 1:31 pm
Oh man! That last link was heartbreaking!

I believe that the search is not because of new info. but simply because the ground is less frozen and snow/ice covered now than it has been in previous months. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faithfülly