MI MI - Julia Niswender, 23, EMU student, Ypsilanti, 10 Dec 2012 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What Ypsi police did, that they shouldn't have done:
1. Very early in the investigation, they interviewed JT's biological mother, step-mother, biological sister and step-sister about events that happened even before Julia was born. They did found out that JT was abused in his childhood. But what does this have to do with Julia's death? All this did was antagonize JT and his family.
2. They should not have prosecuted JT for child *advertiser censored*, because there was no proof. I think Ypsi police is partially responsible for this. They may have pressed Monroe to prosecute.
3. They should not have named JT a POI. It is questionable if they should have considered him a POI. But in any case there was no reason to publicly announce it.

(SBM for brevity)

1) Being abused as a child can cause one to become an abuser (NOT always). If it is believed a person may have knowledge or involvement, his/her personal background is additional info needed to make a determination if that is the case here. Asking people who knew that person about his character is logical. Since we are not privy to ALL evidence or info gathered or used by LE, we can't honestly know how helpful it is to the investigation.

2) Being judged "not guilty" is not necessarily "innocent". Before bringing this to court, I believe they should have had better information of the ages portrayed in the images, and who put them there. Logic says it was someone who had frequent access to the computer. Seems a computer expert would know what went on during a session of viewing these images..... types of sites visited, deletions, saves, searches. Possibly times accessed would show who had access at those times.

YPD did what was required when the images were found. It was not their place to prosecute or ask for that to occur.

3) YPD had no intention (from my understanding) of naming JT as a POI, but felt it would come out if the search warrant came into play. Thus, better for them to speak up than wait.

all JMO.

Confused? Not at all! Rose has jumped out in front of any camera that will entertain her mug and mouth. I say keep talking Granny, you're backing yourself into a lovely little corner with your very own words! Please continue!

Please, let's not bash grieving grandparents here. She has had microphones pushed at her, and gives short statements that address her personal feelings/beliefs. She is entitled to that, as are all of us. There has been no slander.

JMO

<modsnip>

I simply cannot fathom the depth of emotion these families must have.

It occurs to me the court staff are responsible for making everyone behave themselves. I wonder why this isn't/doesn't appear to be happening?

"The trial portion is now over. We need to concentrate on Julia and how/why she died ..... who would do this?" As stated by Spellbound.
If I remember correctly, roommates were cleared. The Saturday night date was cleared. Who does that leave us with? I don't think she had a date Sunday as mentioned earlier. There was the wierd guy at Walmart who was arrested. He doesn't fit with what happened to Julia. I'm stumped.

The whole crime scene seems too personal for me. Most likely someone she knew, and probably knew well, was allowed in to the apartment. At this point, there aren't a lot of "suspects/POI's" who fit that description and provably had a vasectomy.

Seems we discussed this earlier .... what is the likelihood of a woman overcoming Julia to do this? I personally do not think it likely, but suppose it could be. And could a cloth with a vapor of something have been used to temporarily knock her out, allowing perp to do whatever his plan was? What the of liquid would be able to do that? Cleaning materials that can easily be on hand? Medical supply? Who has access to such things?

Back on-track. Let's keep moving forward now.

The whole crime scene seems too personal for me. Most likely someone she knew, and probably knew well, was allowed in to the apartment. At this point, there aren't a lot of "suspects/POI's" who fit that description and provably had a vasectomy.

Seems we discussed this earlier .... what is the likelihood of a woman overcoming Julia to do this? I personally do not think it likely, but suppose it could be. And could a cloth with a vapor of something have been used to temporarily knock her out, allowing perp to do whatever his plan was? What the of liquid would be able to do that? Cleaning materials that can easily be on hand? Medical supply? Who has access to such things?

Back on-track. Let's keep moving forward now.
Chloroform? I don't see the perp being a woman. How do we explain the semen? I have gone back and forth on this and I think it was the killers. I think he thought the water would destroy the evidence and maybe he couldn't help himself. No sign of sexual assault so maybe the murder was a turn on to this guy. Gives me shivers. The boyfriends of roomies, were they cleared? So J says Julia dated someone who had had a vasectomy. Did she name him or was she in the dark regarding his name?

Chloroform? I don't see the perp being a woman. How do we explain the semen? I have gone back and forth on this and I think it was the killers. I think he thought the water would destroy the evidence and maybe he couldn't help himself. No sign of sexual assault so maybe the murder was a turn on to this guy. Gives me shivers. The boyfriends of roomies, were they cleared? So J says Julia dated someone who had had a vasectomy. Did she name him or was she in the dark regarding his name?

Is chloroform easily accessible? I don't know, but I had thought of that.

Semen? If the perp was a woman: could have take it from a used condom from a partner and planted it, I suppose. Not likely, or it would have been very thought out ahead of time. I think that is a major puzzler for me. Why is it there, where/who did it come from. If it came after her death, that is indeed a scary thought and the perp would be even more perverted than I gave credit.

No sign of sexual assault, yet her clothes were cut off. What does this mean? Who go to that trouble, and risk someone coming home? Did the perp know the roommates would not be around for that night/day?

I do believe all roommates and their boyfriends were cleared. Can't say positively, though. What about another resident in the complex? No mysterious car, if so.

"If" someone is arrested or going to be arrested, is it legally possible to get sperm samples to check for the possibility of a vasectomy? Or medical records to prove it was done?

Just doing some musings tonight, but I need a break now. Will try to get back here later or tomorrow.

Is chloroform easily accessible? I don't know, but I had thought of that.

Semen? If the perp was a woman: could have take it from a used condom from a partner and planted it, I suppose. Not likely, or it would have been very thought out ahead of time. I think that is a major puzzler for me. Why is it there, where/who did it come from. If it came after her death, that is indeed a scary thought and the perp would be even more perverted than I gave credit.

No sign of sexual assault, yet her clothes were cut off. What does this mean? Who go to that trouble, and risk someone coming home? Did the perp know the roommates would not be around for that night/day?

I do believe all roommates and their boyfriends were cleared. Can't say positively, though. What about another resident in the complex? No mysterious car, if so.

"If" someone is arrested or going to be arrested, is it legally possible to get sperm samples to check for the possibility of a vasectomy? Or medical records to prove it was done?

Just doing some musings tonight, but I need a break now. Will try to get back here later or tomorrow.
I believe her clothing was cut off to show his control and to humiliate Julia. As well as his use of ligatures.

As it won't allow me to edit my last post.

The minor child has not only suffered the loss of her sister - but now - no matter what you think of her father - she must also deal with this.

I know as fact that she is picked on, bullied, and tormented by her peers because of these situation. I feel that if anything the entire community should want to wrap their arms around her in particular and protect her from any more hurt.

And the family computer had *advertiser censored* on it! ! ! That's great for a child. JT was declared not guilty but either way, there was *advertiser censored* so who put it there????

Do you seriously think LE doesn't have statements, whether written or recorded? Really?! I don't buy it. LE has been proven to lie, not gather pertinent evidence from the crime scene, back peddled in court, and probably totally ruined their relationship with MC because of the latest fiasco. Nope, I don't believe a word Ypsi says.

I can't help but wonder if those making statements and pointing the finger at JT within the affidavit are hiding something themselves!

Did his mom and sister lie???? Or did LE just make-up what was in the affidavit?

And the family computer had *advertiser censored* on it! ! ! That's great for a child. JT was declared not guilty but either way, there was *advertiser censored* so who put it there????
Right? Was it the family pc or was this JT's work computer? Maybe this is why the twins bought him the laptop.

Right? Was it the family pc or was this JT's work computer? Maybe this is why the twins bought him the laptop.

hmm. Maybe part of the thrill is that it is the family PC? If one is fixated on bathroom doors, then why not the family space and a PC? Maybe this is a little glimmer of what may have been at issue with the gift from the girls, the new PC, the tensions that drove a wedge between Julia and the household? I get the impression that he was more a homebody than his spouse.

hmm. Maybe part of the thrill is that it is the family PC? If one is fixated on bathroom doors, then why not the family space and a PC? Maybe this is a little glimmer of what may have been at issue with the gift from the girls, the new PC, the tensions that drove a wedge between Julia and the household? I get the impression that he was more a homebody than his spouse.
Retail hours can be tough. Particularly in stores open 24/7. Perhaps KT worked longer hours. It wouldn't surprise me if he had his account locked down tight. Can someone remind me where was JT the night Julia was found?

Out of curiosity, how do you prove pictures found on the internet are under 18 if the victims are not prepubescent? There is a group of men who prefer young girls who have gone through puberty. This was JT's personal laptop used for work and *advertiser censored* I guess. So was it KT, JN or M looking at the pictures? There were 30 pics admissible but how many were there in total?

I wondered the same thing too. How, when a person is cursing these types of sites, or downloading images, is it know the ages of the 'models' (for lack of a word)? Also, could some of the 'models' in still images be photo-shopped to look younger? Do people have to pay to download images? And what about the 'dark web', I keep hearing about this in regards to illegal images as well as illegal activity of all types, but I do not want to investigate it because of the possible risk to my personal computer, even with virus software. I wouldn't recommend anyone else to venture there either.

I wondered the same thing too. How, when a person is cursing these types of sites, or downloading images, is it know the ages of the 'models' (for lack of a word)? Also, could some of the 'models' in still images be photo-shopped to look younger? Do people have to pay to download images? And what about the 'dark web', I keep hearing about this in regards to illegal images as well as illegal activity of all types, but I do not want to investigate it because of the possible risk to my personal computer, even with virus software. I wouldn't recommend anyone else to venture there either.
There is a thread here that discusses the dark web as it was involved in the murder of a child. One of the posters did investigate it and just reading about it scared me. Thinking of all those like minded people together with their perversions made me ill.

From a 2013 article, " "They (investigators) have polygraphed over 100 people and everyone has passed," Jennifer said. "Homeland Security and State Police are working together on this case. They have been conducting interviews with people in Ohio up to the Upper Peninsula."

Looks like LE has done a thorough investigation, perhaps they need to give the 100 individuals a second look.

Came across this article regarding the murder of another EMU student, Laura Dickinson. Some striking similarities to JN's case.

"A janitor found Laura Dickinson dead in her Eastern Michigan University dorm room in December, naked below the waist, a pillow over her face. The door was locked, and her keys were gone."

"But school authorities stuck to their story for more than two months -- even after they learned that the medical examiner had found semen on her body and even as police questioned other students and faculty and took DNA samples -- until the arrest of a fellow student on rape and homicide charges."

"Dickinson was killed sometime after entering her dorm room the night of Dec. 12, after attending a crew team Christmas party."

"After Dickinson missed final exams and did not return phone calls for two days, a custodian unlocked the door and found her body."

A fellow student was tried and convicted of her murder but it goes to show that the perp can be anyone.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/06/20/AR2007062002172.html

Did his mom and sister lie???? Or did LE just make-up what was in the affidavit?

Were you there when they were questioned by LE??? So is Rose a RN as the affidavit states???? Nope! Just some sort of tech in the hospital. What about the person named as having to give DNA twice? Is that accurate too? How about the dates listed within the affidavit. .are those accurate too??

I don't think that two wrong's make a right?

Of course I don't think that having *advertiser censored* on your personal computer in the cache is a crime by itself either.

Retail hours can be tough. Particularly in stores open 24/7. Perhaps KT worked longer hours. It wouldn't surprise me if he had his account locked down tight. Can someone remind me where was JT the night Julia was found?

At home with their minor daughter. KT and JN were at a dart tournament. (Edited to show match vs. tournament - either way they were playing darts!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CooperDeVille