GUILTY MI - Renisha McBride, 19, shot while trying to get help, Detroit, Nov 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Do people in affluent neighborhoods of Detroit run their automatic sprinklers this time of year or is it too late/cold in the season to really worry about at this point?

I was thinking she may have tripped of fallen into water on her travels or something.

There are no wealthy neighborhoods in that area that I've ever seen. In Dearborn Heights they do have expensive big houses, just not in that area ( more west). I know on Oct.31, Halloween it rained all day( pretty heavy) and most of the night, because all my grandkids went trick or treating in the rain ( not heavy rain that night). It may have still been very wet in some places.

There are no wealthy neighborhoods in that area that I've ever seen. In Dearborn Heights they do have expensive big houses, just not in that area ( more west). I know on Oct.31, Halloween it rained all day( pretty heavy) and most of the night, because all my grandkids went trick or treating in the rain ( not heavy rain that night). It may have still been very wet in some places.

Both DH and I grew up in Detroit in the '50s/'60s when the city was still thriving. There are only a handful of "affluent" neighborhoods left in Detroit because most of the population moved to the suburbs many years ago.

http://www.movoto.com/blog/homeownership/the-5-best-detroit-neighborhoods/

I live in north-suburban Detroit where it was windy and raining most of Halloween. We got very few trick-or-treaters and probably won't bother with it again.

There is another story on here where another young woman was shot in the face. I believe it was in Tennessee and she is listed as an UID because she was supposedly picked up by 2 men and they claim not to know her and she was knocking on a door and the owner shot her through the screen. What ever happened to that homeowner?

I have some strong opinions that are baggage I carry from other cases. I will be trying very hard to keep that baggage separate from this case and look at just the facts. That is very hard for me right now with so few of them to go on. But I do not like to be extreme in my views, but rather, view each case as its own entity.

I'm with you, but after the case in north carolina I dunno. I would really like to know your real thoughts on this case tlcya.

Both DH and I grew up in Detroit in the '50s/'60s when the city was still thriving. There are only a handful of "affluent" neighborhoods left in Detroit because most of the population moved to the suburbs many years ago.

I live in north-suburban Detroit where it was windy and raining most of Halloween. We got very few trick-or-treaters and probably won't bother with it again.

I was born in Detroit. My mom moved us to Garden City in 1960, when someone broke into our house and stole her beloved Pepsi. Wasn't just the Pepsi, she wanted us out of Detroit too.

RIP Mom and Thank You for the move.

OT: Remember Robin Seymour of CKLW? "Swingin Time" He lived in Dearborn Heights, in his heyday. The expensive area. Ted Nugent lived in Dearborn Heights too (more modest area). About 3/4 mile from me, but can't verify it from the internet. Well, I can from my Facebook. Seen him play at Garden City Park dances when I was a young teen, he was just another local band at that point.

Just passing time waiting on more info.

Thanks guys. I had read in an early article about this case that the neighborhood this happened was in a more affluent suburb of Detroit and so was just going off that information. It is always so helpful to have those more familiar with the area give us the skinny on the area involved.

they released audio of the dispatcher reporting the incident to officers, the home owner called 911 to report the shooting and it was almost 5am. they also released more info about the car accident and it occurred just before 1am. so its 4 hours between the two incidents that happened about a mile apart from each other.

still a lot to know about this case, maybe they will release the actual 911 calls. i would imagine some news agency has already filed a request for them, not sure how that works in michigan.

I just watched update on Channel 7 , 7pm news. Reneisha didn't just hit a parked car, she slammed into a parked carIMO. They showed the car. They are investigating the car further to see if she may have gotten injured inside car, whether airbags deployed. Alcohol in system. Investigation could take few more days. Pretty much what news links posted said. Except car was very damaged at passenger front right and side. IMO high impact collision with parked car.

I'm with you, but after the case in north carolina I dunno. I would really like to know your real thoughts on this case tlcya.

In the case of the NC young man shot 12 times by LE I think it is obvious there are some issues there.

But I am trying very hard to remain objective and let this case be this case despite a very bad taste that has accumulated in my mouth over some recent cases (that and others).

I think that even if she did have a DUI accident with a parked car, she didn't deserve to get shot in the face, and NOT at close range as recent posts suggest. Which means she wasn't right there at the door when she got picked off.

That sucks.

I think that even if she did have a DUI accident with a parked car, she didn't deserve to get shot in the face, and NOT at close range as recent posts suggest. Which means she wasn't right there at the door when she got picked off.

That sucks.

According to autopsy, it was not at close range. And no, no one deserves to be shot in the face. It IMO seems as though this may have been some crazy circumstances though.

Debbie Hines ‏@legalspeaks 5h
#RenishaMcBride shot in face according to autopsy report and it was not at close range.

According to autopsy, it was not at close range. And no, no one deserves to be shot in the face. It IMO seems as though this may have been some crazy circumstances though.

Debbie Hines ‏@legalspeaks 5h
#RenishaMcBride shot in face according to autopsy report and it was not at close range.

Exactly. Close range indicates that a threat was present.

Renisha was shot from a bit of a distance, indicating she was not right up at the door as the shooter claimed. But you just know she will be blamed for her own death. <mod snip>

That sucks.

not at "close range" as it is being used here can be deceptive - i would suppose it means she suffered no powder burns or "stippling".

i do not know what range this would be for the weapon used, but it is reported that the victim was on the porch when found and from pictures i have seen that could not be that big of a distance. or course we dont even know what his location was when he fired.

i dont think anything has ruled out the possibility that he went out thru a side door and turned the corner to the front yard and was startled by her there. that scenario could explain the distance and an "accidental" discharge.

not at "close range" as it is being used here can be deceptive - i would suppose it means she suffered no powder burns or "stippling".

i do not know what range this would be for the weapon used, but it is reported that the victim was on the porch when found and from pictures i have seen that could not be that big of a distance. or course we dont even know what his location was when he fired.

i dont think anything has ruled out the possibility that he went out thru a side door and turned the corner to the front yard and was startled by her there. that scenario could explain the distance and an "accidental" discharge.

It also doesn't mean that she wasn't at the door. It could just as easily mean that the homeowner wasn't at the door. The link referring to the 911 call says the homeowner says he thinks he shot someone on his porch. jmo

If she wasn't at a close distance it coincides with his story that he did not see WHO she was (Her color, etc..). I read an article in which he said it wasn't a knock, but a banging and lots of noises. I have also read he had a previous stalking case against someone.<mod snip> That's my opinion with the info we have been given at this time.

If you leave your home with a loaded weapon with the intent of targeting the person who knocked on your door for help, then "accidental discharge" is likely not an option.

You killed a person ON PURPOSE which is why you had the flipping gun in the first place. <mod snip>....:facepalm:

Attention Please!

We've removed and snipped several posts in the last few days because they began going off course. There has been absolutely no indication that this unfortunate incident was racially motivated. There's no doubt that this young woman in anyway deserved what happened to her. LE is actively investigating the case and about all we can do now is wait and see what their findings are. It won't do any good to jump to conclusions when we haven't seen all the evidence.

Please be sure you know Websleuths rules:

Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

These rules include prohibiting discussion of racism,.. period.

If you have any questions, please let me or any other moderator you may feel more comfortable with know, by pm.

Thanks all!
fran
:wave:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member