MI MI - Tanner Lucas, Alexander William, & Andrew Ryan Skelton, Morenci, 26 Nov 2010 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

I was going to say it wasn't enough.

Then I saw this from the above link.

Legal experts earlier said that the prosecution's decision to strike a plea deal was prudent. They said it would allow Skelton to serve time while prosecutors continue to build a murder case against him.

So double jeopardy won't be attached and he can still be tried for 3 murders.

Surely int he length of time he is in jail, the boys can be found one way or the other. Prayers still coming for them and their mom.

Not nearly long enough, but hopefully its enough to keep him behind bars until the boys are found.

Sorely disappointed with 10-15 years. I hope they are found soon ...

Perhaps this is a stretch, but I was wondering if the deal has something to do with double jeopardy-- charging him with the lesser charge leaves them later latitude--

I don't know the law in MI, but, if they end up charging him with homicide down the road, and can add the kidnapping charge, in many states that is murder with "special circumstances", which leaves open the possibility of life with no parole and/or DP, depending on the state.

Perhaps I'm stretching too far to find some good rationale for this... because I certainly hope that just taking the easier road isn't the reason!

So, he gets 10-15 years, EB in Zahra Baker's case gets 15 years, it's just so depressing. :(

I am sort of surprised no one has inadvertently stumbled across the boys while out hunting or camping this summer- maybe with the leaves down this fall:(

Prayer Vigil Planned For 3 Missing Michigan Boys

The Boys Were 9, 7 And 5 At The Time Of Their Disappearance

POSTED: Sunday, October 9, 2011

UPDATED: 9:47 am EDT October 9, 2011

MORENCI, Mich. -- A prayer vigil is planned for three young Michigan brothers missing since Thanksgiving.

The vigil is scheduled to be held Sunday in Morenci's Wakefield Park. It will include the dedication of a tree donated in honor of Andrew, Alexander and Tanner Skelton...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/29432240/detail.html

Last Updated: October 10. 2011 1:00AM.

Vigil held for 3 missing Morenci boys

Morenci— A prayer vigil was held Sunday for three young Michigan brothers missing since Thanksgiving.

The vigil at Morenci's Wakefield Park included the dedication of a tree donated in honor of Andrew, Alexander and Tanner Skelton. The boys were 9, 7 and 5 at the time of their disappearance. The boys' father, John Skelton, was sentenced last month to up to 15 years in prison after pleading no contest to unlawful imprisonment. Police have been treating the case as a homicide investigation.

From The Detroit News: http://detnews.com/article/20111010...held-for-3-missing-Morenci-boys#ixzz1aNaWxPkB

I am sort of surprised no one has inadvertently stumbled across the boys while out hunting or camping this summer- maybe with the leaves down this fall:(

I am too, hopefully with hunting seasons in progress someone will come across something.

I can't believe we are coming up on a year that they have been missing. :(

I am so terribly sad that there wasn't a great effort to search for these boys when they first went missing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesspi
Back