Michelle Young ~ Pregnant Mother NC Part 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Meant to mention the slide show on the obituary page - photos of a beautiful girl from baby to maturity, so heartbreaking

Sabal said:
Meant to mention the slide show on the obituary page - photos of a beautiful girl from baby to maturity, so heartbreaking

But it was eerie how many of the pictures in the slide show remind me of what we know of Laci's life. The cheerleader, pictures from a baby shower, backyard pool, a chair in the shape of a butterfly, her smile in her wedding picture.

I just got back to this thread a little while ago. Many interesting thoughts.

Just wondering....do we know he didn't place any calls to Michelle while he was out of town (not that she could answer the phone but could he have left messages on the answering machine a la Scott Peterson?)? I haven't seen anywhere that he did not make any calls to Michelle at home or at her work. Was it reported on the local news on TV in the Raleigh area that he didn't make any calls other than to Michelle's sister?

Mama-cita said:
[edited]
I also agree the sister was tempering her reaction for the benefit of the baby. I have a child that age. If, God forbid, I would walk in and find my husband in such a way and my kids were there, I would hope I would do my best to stay calm and not start screaming and go into hysterics because it would only cause my children to do the same. She was trying to keep the baby out of the room the mama was in, I would have done the same. Remember that poor tiny girl didn't have her primary support system, and Meredith didn't know whether the girl saw anything, how long her sister was dead etc. When I first listened to the 911 tape I was disturbed and suspicious, but as I carefully weighed everything, I find Meredith's actions reasonable.

LE is no doubt going to keep this one close to it's vest in order to NAIL everyone who had any role in this. ETA they did talk about the vehicle seizure, probable cause versus order of testimony in the above article (Sabal's post)

Good post, Mama-cita. My thoughts *exactly* regarding Meredith's reaction. Keeping it together for the toddler's sakes and trying to make sense of what lay before her. I sensed fear and a struggle to maintain a sense of 'don't panic, it's not going to help; the baby shouldn't see all of this'.

Maybe the baby said/saw something? God, heaven forbid!

Regarding mixed-testimony: perhaps the clothes Michelle was wearing came into it; that this was in their bedroom and no sexual assualt or items deemed missing - to little things (eg: if Michelle's watch stopped at a certain time) may all fall into the 'mixed-testimony' details. If Michelle showed defense wounds maybe body-shots were ordered of Jason? Maybe DNA lifted from Michelle's fingernails. For probable cause to be issued immediately and Jason to lawyer up & go straight to authorities is alarming. Short order outside of speculated theories: Michelle died and Jason took off at what appears to be roughly the same time. :(

SewingDeb said:
[edited] I haven't seen anywhere that he did not make any calls to Michelle at home or at her work. Was it reported on the local news on TV in the Raleigh area that he didn't make any calls other than to Michelle's sister?

Similar thoughts to my earlier comments, SewingDeb. Odd that he'd call Meredith - but not Michelle. Meredith stated Michelle was supposed to have been at work. Phone records will come into this...

Sabal said:

Thanks for the link. I'm wondering who wrote the obituary. The photos are beautiful and the slide show tells a story of a wonderful mother. This, however, doesn't work for me: "Surviving are her husband, Jason L. Young; daughter, Cassidy Elizabeth Young of the home ...". It's so blunt and where is the part like: "Beloved wife, Condolences and donations may be made at, sadly missed by all who knew and loved her, if friends so desire in lieu of flowers ...", I mean, all the words that imply the loss that will be felt. Granted the husband is upset, but still those words of grief should come somewhat naturally. The obituary seems empty of emotion ... to me.

PolkSaladAnnie said:
Similar thoughts to my earlier comments, SewingDeb. Odd that he'd call Meredith - but not Michelle. Meredith stated Michelle was supposed to have been at work. Phone records will come into this...

That's what I'm asking about...do we know that he did not place any calls to Michelle during the time that he was supposedly out of town. Or are we assuming that he only called Meredith?

You're right that phone records will come into this.

The slideshow brought tears to my eyes. Her smile reminds me of Laci's smile.

SewingDeb said:
The slideshow brought tears to my eyes. Her smile reminds me of Laci's smile.

Me, too. It's really weird how much Michelle looked like Laci and how similar the situations may be.

Is Meredith the heavier girl in the red PJ's in the Christmas photo with Michelle and Cassidy?
She sure resembles the little girl in the Easter photo with Michelle when they were kids.

Otto - I also thought the obituary was devoid of personal comment that I would have expected - you're not alone in this, I found it quite upsetting, especially for a beautiful lady, wife, mother, career woman, daughter, sister, friend, etc. (who happens to be the same age as my precious daughter).

englishleigh said:
Is Meredith the heavier girl in the red PJ's in the Christmas photo with Michelle and Cassidy?
She sure resembles the little girl in the Easter photo with Michelle when they were kids.

I think so but I can't swear it is her.

SewingDeb said:
That's what I'm asking about...do we know that he did not place any calls to Michelle during the time that he was supposedly out of town. Or are we assuming that he only called Meredith?

You're right that phone records will come into this.

No, SewingDeb, very little has been released about any phone calls he may have made to Michelle's work (or their home). He went away on *business*, very late on a Thursday evening. This would suggest the business was important enough that it couldn't wait. However (here's where the skeptic in me emereges...), he was at his parents *home* on Friday afternoon. So? When was he going to do business? And if he'd already completed his business - why was he not en route home? DID HE really have business to attend? Perhaps there is a clash of testimony here?

Just thinking aloud and in advance ... there are all sorts of equations we're not privvy to, yet.

I think he thought that people at her workplace would investigate why she hadn't showed up for work on Friday. Since I don't know the details about that, I'm assuming he may have done the FAX thing so someone found her and the little girl before he got home from his "business" trip. IMHO anyway.

Taximom said:
I think he thought that people at her workplace would investigate why she hadn't showed up for work on Friday. Since I don't know the details about that, I'm assuming he may have done the FAX thing so someone found her and the little girl before he got home from his "business" trip. IMHO anyway.

Very probably, Taximom... good thought. If they'd called, there'd have been no answer (unless Cassidy had learnt to answer the telephone). Interesting to see if he DID have any business out there... or if he'd left his parents home.

Although citizens are quite within their rights... eyebrows raise when defense lawyers come in immediately, don't they? Wonder if he had body-shots (photographs) on top of presumed DNA, fingerprints & hairsamples, etc ...

That video really hits home with me. Being an NC State grad myself and being at many of these same games that Jason and Michelle are shown at, it's just tough to watch. Such a beautiful young mother and what appeared to be such a wonderful life....I just can't fathom how someone could do to her what was done.

wufdude said:
That video really hits home with me. Being an NC State grad myself and being at many of these same games that Jason and Michelle are shown at, it's just tough to watch. Such a beautiful young mother and what appeared to be such a wonderful life....I just can't fathom how someone could do to her what was done.

Tragic, unnecessary and numbing, wufdude. All murders are senseless and tragic, but there's something totally despicable and heinous when it comes to both children and defenseless pregnant women: a mom-to-be; carrying life. The pictures are heartbreaking: joy comes out of every photo. I'm sure this story has brought the Rochas back to tears. Did you catch a glimpse of Greta, wufdude?

PolkSaladAnnie said:
Tragic, unnecessary and numbing, wufdude. All murders are senseless and tragic, but there's something totally despicable and heinous when it comes to both children and defenseless pregnant women: a mom-to-be; carrying life. The pictures are heartbreaking: joy comes out of every photo. I'm sure this story has brought the Rochas back to tears. Did you catch a glimpse of Greta, wufdude?
You're exactly right.

No, I actually DVRed it and have not gotten a chance to watch it. Did you watch it? I can't imagine there'd have been much on the case since it just didn't seem like much has been released yet??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TrueCrimeJunkieCory