Missouri - The Springfield Three--missing since June 1992 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure, and please cite a reference and correct me if I'm wrong, but I seem to recall that the "Parted Blinds" were in Suzie's room, not Sherrill's.
You are right! Thanks for the correction. From a 1992 article in the Kansas Star:
"Two slats of the window blinds in Suzie's room were pushed apart as if someone had been looking out."

You are right! Thanks for the correction. From a 1992 article in the Kansas Star:
"Two slats of the window blinds in Suzie's room were pushed apart as if someone had been looking out."

And wasn't Susie's room in the front of the house...I could be very wrong!

I don't know what to make of the "parted blinds". We have blinds in my home, I will part them when hearing noise, but I parted them 3 days ago (someone setting off fireworks at 3:00 AM) and I looked a few minutes ago, and they are still parted. I guess what I'm saying, is just because the blinds were parted doesn't necessarily mean they were parted the night of the abduction.

Also, about Cinnamon barking or not barking, I know with most of the dogs I have owned they will bark at a "stranger" but not necessarily at someone they are familiar with. That doesn't mean that the perp was a close friend or family, but maybe someone who had been in the house before. Invited or uninvited.
One of the creepiest things I ever read was how LE thinks the Original Night Stalker may have gotten into his victims homes weeks prior to the crimes, not only to familiarize himself with the home layout, but to gain trust with the victim's dogs. Goosebumps time.

Suzie's room opened toward the back via sliding glass doors. However, you are correct that to get to her room from inside you'd go down stairs that were at the front of the house's interior. I had friends who lived in very similar styles of house so I've seen this kind of layout before.

I apologize for retreading what might be basic, old information to everyone who has read up on this case already- but I couldn't find more details about the house next door. It's been stated in a few articles that the house next door happened to be empty- does anyone know how long it had been empty for? Were the owners on vacation, or away for a few days, or had it been vacant for longer? Did it look like nobody was home in some specific way (like unmowed grass, or a stuffed mailbox, or lots of newspapers on the doorstep?

I wonder if the detectives spent any time searching that house and yard as well. Does anyone have more info on that piece of the puzzle? The intruder certainly got lucky that there was nobody close by to hear whatever disturbances happened that night, which makes me wonder if he knew somehow that he wouldn't have to worry about the next door neighbors.

If I recall correctly, it was owned by someone who rented it out occasionally to a family member. I know I saw it mentioned somewhere.

Does anyone know how close the next door house was to Sherrill's home? Seems like I remember someone posting (maybe Missouri Mule?) that this an area that had businesses as well as private homes? Not strictly residential. If that's the case that opens a whole different can of worms. If there were a bunch of businesses close to Sherrill's home, the suspect pool would be huge.

Does anyone know how close the next door house was to Sherrill's home? Seems like I remember someone posting (maybe Missouri Mule?) that this an area that had businesses as well as private homes? Not strictly residential. If that's the case that opens a whole different can of worms. If there were a bunch of businesses close to Sherrill's home, the suspect pool would be huge.

you can take a look around here:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/1...8b46aa0860352048!8m2!3d37.194772!4d-93.263019

In general from what I've read the buildings next door and across the street were there at the time.

edited to add: their house was on the market a little while ago. The interior has been refurbished (and it appears the interior space has been altered) but these photos will probably be able to provide a general sense of the layout:

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1717-E-Delmar-St-Springfield-MO-65804/50239821_zpid/

Anybody know what used to be on the corner of E, Delmar and Glenstone (1050 S. Glenstone) in 1992? Looks like it may go around and actually be very close to 1717 E. Delmar's backyard.

Thank you Marble for the great photo's! Looks like an office building across the road, hopefully LE checked everyone out that worked there. I remember when we lived in Ohio, after we left Missouri, there was a cable tv office nearby. My teenage daughter would lay out in the sun in the summer in our back yard. Amazingly, when she did, cable bucket trucks would show up in the alley, day after day. Duh...I called the cable office and told them to tell their techs to cool it. Just wonder who might have been close by to see Suzie and Sherrill coming and going. Although, I still believe there is a personal element to this.

yeah, after poking around in the street view, I'm leaning toward the house being stalked/targeted in advance. It was more isolated than first appeared, because the house next door was vacant and there's a big back parking lot for the strip mall that abuts the backyard and side fence. Between the lot there and the one across the street (which I believe I read was built for a school/college of some sort at the time ?- I'm sure someone here can tell us what it was) there's a lot of places he could have parked a car and hung out to scope out the property over a period of days or hours without being terribly visible or looking particularly out of place.

I wonder if he might have pulled in the drive right next to the fence and then walked them out beside the fence from the front door. I don't believe there was an entrance from the their carport overhang, just two large windows based on watching the 48 hours video that was included a walk through of parts of the house with a few days of them missing.

The building on the corner is "Robertson Gallery and Antiques' and has been in existence since 1953. I believe that whole building would have been their's. Checking with owner to see if they truly have been there at that location since 1992.

yeah, after poking around in the street view, I'm leaning toward the house being stalked/targeted in advance. It was more isolated than first appeared, because the house next door was vacant and there's a big back parking lot for the strip mall that abuts the backyard and side fence. Between the lot there and the one across the street (which I believe I read was built for a school/college of some sort at the time ?- I'm sure someone here can tell us what it was) there's a lot of places he could have parked a car and hung out to scope out the property over a period of days or hours without being terribly visible or looking particularly out of place.

I wonder if he might have pulled in the drive right next to the fence and then walked them out beside the fence from the front door. I don't believe there was an entrance from the their carport overhang, just two large windows based on watching the 48 hours video that was included a walk through of parts of the house with a few days of them missing.

That scenario has been advanced on another forum. The house is in an extremely vulnerable location.

I wanted to make a quick note to everyone that Monkeymann, who I know personally, is pretty accurate and precise on his facts. We don't always agree on on details but I do pay attention to what he says.

What I would suggest is that the favorite members who post who you want to see what they have said throughout the case is to click on their screen name and read their latest posts. Will help to save time from having to sort throughout the entire threads. And if you see someone who you do not believe has relevant information you can also ignore them so you don't have to be bothered. Just my $0.02 for tonight.

Officer Brookout initial report list 10 persons at Delmar , when he arrived .
The statement he took from JK indicated she began calling Delmar at 7:30 Am . JK @ MH arrived at the home at 12:30 and found it unoccupied . They left and re returned at 7:30pm .
Later interviews JK states started calling Delmar at 9Am after she woke up . 1 and 1/2 hour discrepancy.

JM called the Kirby residence at 10:30 Am and was told Stacy did not stay there after all . She was angry and asked to talk to JK . JK sister informed her she was not there .
Many reports ( Tulsa World article for citation.) indicate 18 people were in the home . Who were the other 8 ? And was that between 1-7:30 timeframe between the two visits of JK and MH ? Or came and left between 7:30 and 9pm when JM and SM arrived ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Officer Brookout initial report list 10 persons at Delmar , when he arrived .
The statement he took from JK indicated she began calling Delmar at 7:30 Am . JK @ MH arrived at the home at 12:30 and found it unoccupied . They left and re returned at 7:30pm .
Later interviews JK states started calling Delmar at 9Am after she woke up . 1 and 1/2 hour discrepancy.

JM called the Kirby residence at 10:30 Am and was told Stacy did not stay there after all . She was angry and asked to talk to JK . JK sister informed her she was not there .
Many reports ( Tulsa World article for citation.) indicate 18 people were in the home . Who were the other 8 ? And was that between 1-7:30 timeframe between the two visits of JK and MH ? Or came and left between 7:30 and 9pm when JM and SM arrived ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is probably the most frustrating thing other than a clear motive and suspects. The timeline is so fuzzy that one can't draw a straight line from the very beginning of this case.

This is investigation 101.

I would go to Google Maps and type in 1717 Delmar. You can select the google earth function and see photos of the house and neighborhood.

Janelle was the conduit. She hung out with Stacy and she hung out with Suzie but as far as being the 3 Muskateers, no.

That's on one of the video interviews, maybe the 10 year one, she's explaining their relationship to one another.

Which I've wonder if, by chance, all 3 had gone to Levitt's house, would there be 4 Missing Women?

Could a "known" stalker have done it? That is very possible and probably is what happened.

Is there such a person on the street? Yes, I believe there is. We'll see how that plays out. It could very well be that the police had this figured out from the very beginning but just did not have the evidence.

Who is this 'known' stalker?

Does anyone know if Suzie's pink shoes were found at Sherrill's? Mrs. McCall said Stacy's shoes were there.

I have been doing some research on another website that discusses this case.

There were three reported sightings of the van.

The best known is the so-called "porch lady" that was about 6AM. Unfortunately she did not come forward until about two weeks later and it was a replica of the van she saw that was parked on the police van for several months.

Another sighting was was of a van parked on the corner of Kentwood and Delmar.

A second sighting was where a van was parked by the side of the house very close to the time of the second sighting.

A report was made that a van was seen driving at a rapid speed exiting from
Kentwood going north to where it exited onto Grand.

Grand would have led out to the Rogersville area where an infamous crime family lived and plied their trade which included drugs, murder, dismemberment and burning of the bodies where their ashes would be deposited in a nearby creek. Memory has it that six people in total were murdered there.

The porch lady time line does not work and can logically be discarded.

The other two sightings are more than likely accurate.

At this time the abductions and murders are unsolved. Drugs are suspected to be the motive although it was the knowledge was more likely than not the underlying motive with the upcoming court hearing a week out where Susie was a likely witness regarding the grave robbing determined the time of the crime.

These are my conclusions and should not be seen as proven fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Imdoey