MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #16

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just another comment on something which has recently preyed on my mind in this case.

Patty Wetterling in 2014 had 5 questions for the abductor of her son. One of the questions was, "Why didn't you let him go?"

http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/28/justice/patty-wetterling-5-questions/

Patty continues, "What happened? You probably had other boys that you victimized and released. I think you meant to let him go and something went terribly wrong. I need to know what happened. Please talk to me."

What if J escaped - bolted and ran - and was severely or fatally injured as a result but never found? Perhaps the area were J was taken was unused and rarely accessed land - lots in Stearns Co back then - and unfamiliar to J. Snow and winter came within a month, perhaps animals scattered remains. Maybe the abductor's plan was to return J to somewhere near St. Joe, that he never meant things to turn out as they did, thinking J would return to St. Joe on his own. Maybe, too, that's how he's lived with himself all these years.

There are types of molesters

Most molesters are not killers. They don't do it for the kill thrill.

The reason children get killed is to cover up the crime, not for the thrill.

If you read the article I had on sublimination on here, it talks about how people do things to prove to themselves that they are good people. They work with children. See, they are good and loving.

They do acts to suplress their sexual desires.

And yes, I think this person is a master at lying to himself.

It was not his fault, It was the fault of the child or even perhaps the Wetterlings somehow. Denial works for so many things

I think Tim looks like the guy from Office Space who wants his stapler back. But in all seriousness, they do look remarkably like the various sketches - I think tinner did a comparison above. It's hard to keep all the different sketches straight though. I'll have to grab my It Can't Happen Here book and reference that section again to see the relevance.

The 2 sketches above are people seen in the neighborhood in the weeks and days leading up to the abduction. Their vehicles are also described in Joy's blog.

http://www.joybaker.com/2013/06/08/the-suspicious-cars/

The St. Cloud Times ran and article in the Sunday January 15, 1989 newspaper titled "A Star is Born". This is a article about the launch of KKSR-FM Star 96. It's very likely they would have been promoting the station Friday night if the big launch of the station was Saturday, followed with the article on Sunday. I don't know this for sure there was a promotion as I have not read the article yet. Who has archives for the Times or I could go to the library and get it.

The owner of The Carpet does reside in St. Joe

View attachment 74168

When this article was printed (Jan 15, 1989), KKSR had been in operation for a few months, then going on its 4th month. The article centered around the station owner's efforts to make a splash in the St. Cloud market. The promotion referred to was a fireworks display that was put on at Lake George on New Year's Eve.

When this article was printed (Jan 15, 1989), KKSR had been in operation for a few months, then going on its 4th month. The article centered around the station owner's efforts to make a splash in the St. Cloud market. The promotion referred to was a fireworks display that was put on at Lake George on New Year's Eve.

Have you read the article? The station was still be constructed in November of 1988 confirmed here: http://radiogeekheaven.com/airchecks/kksr-fm-96-1-sartell-mn-nov-1988/

So 4 months....couldn't have been

I think it is so funny that some say DR could not have done it. He was not capable. Not smart enough.

But the Hubers, the family in which Tim was beaten in the head by his father , and DAH who was in special needs classes and started drinking at age 6 or the Bahner's , were capable.

DR is less intelligent than these guys,apparently

Have you read the article? The station was still be constructed in November of 1988 confirmed here: http://radiogeekheaven.com/airchecks/kksr-fm-96-1-sartell-mn-nov-1988/

So 4 months....couldn't have been

Yes. The Jan 15, 1989 Times article starts out by saying the "KKSR, an adult contemporary station which in its first four months has taken St. Cloud by storm."

The article goes on to say that the station is housed in a building that used to be Mr. Steak and Abby's Eatery, on Division St. Maybe they were remodeling or building a different permanent location?

The 2 sketches above are people seen in the neighborhood in the weeks and days leading up to the abduction. Their vehicles are also described in Joy's blog.

http://www.joybaker.com/2013/06/08/the-suspicious-cars/

I don't think the one with the black beard looks much like Del, but the one with glasses does look like ELOC's pic of a younger Tim. Hard to believe DH and TH were ever so normal looking!

Here is an interesting article from the Paynesville Press on DAH. The link (below) is to an article from Jan. 30, 1990, when DAH was arrested. In this article FBI Gigler says there remains no known connection between Hart and the Wetterling case. Sheriff Kleinhuizen says "charges against Hart were not connected with the Jacob Wetterling abduction." The Kandiyohi Sheriff also states, "Hart has not been connected to the five different incidents of a man accosting Paynesville boys in 1987." So it appears they did look at the connections to the Paynesville attacks back in 1990, and decided DAH was not connected to either incident.

A man did report having been molested by Hart 27 years ago (which would have been when DAH was 16). There is no mention of Jared in this article.

Article:
http://s100.photobucket.com/user/shergal1/media/belgradeDAHarrest90.jpg.html?sort=4&o=44

Larger pic showing full front page of paper:
http://s100.photobucket.com/user/shergal1/media/belgradearrest90.jpg.html?sort=4&o=45

And those sketches are of guys driving around town , summer 1989?

I think it is so funny that some say DR could not have done it. He was not capable. Not smart enough.

But the Hubers, the family in which Tim was beaten in the head by his father , and DAH who was in special needs classes and started drinking at age 6 or the Bahner's , were capable.

DR is less intelligent than these guys,apparently

And who is pointing their finger at anyone in particular may I ask? I haven't heard anyone say a certain someone is responsible, or even involved....at least lately anyways. And about the radio station, an aircheck is exactly that, getting towers going, equipment and antennas set up for transmission along with everything else involved they play a continuously looping tape so they can tune into the set frequency to verify transmission is working, clear, and distance. It would be hard to work on something that didn't exist beforehand.

Yes. The Jan 15, 1989 Times article starts out by saying the "KKSR, an adult contemporary station which in its first four months has taken St. Cloud by storm."

The article goes on to say that the station is housed in a building that used to be Mr. Steak and Abby's Eatery, on Division St. Maybe they were remodeling or building a different permanent location?

I read on amateur radio website where they were talking about the construction of Star 96 in which was the link that brought me to the page with the aircheck tape. I bookmarked the aircheck page, and not the amateur radio page. :banghead: Being I didn't make it downtown today I will stop tomorrow after school and get whatever I can on the station and clear up any questions......hopefully.

I don't think the one with the black beard looks much like Del, but the one with glasses does look like ELOC's pic of a younger Tim. Hard to believe DH and TH were ever so normal looking!

According to this you would be correct. However we are dealing with a sketch and those who watch the video in the link I posted know how all that works.

Delbert compare facial recognition.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members