MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless DAH disguised himself, I guess I've never experienced anyone forgetting the appearance of an attacker. I don't doubt Jared, I just find it puzzling.

I don't find it puzzling at all. DAH could have changed his appearance drastically in the nearly 1 year time lapse between assaulting Jared and the lineup. In one year I grew my hair from stubble down to my neck. Adding a full beard completely changed my appearance. I think no one on this board has the right to call Jared's inability to ID his perp "puzzling". The only way you can justify a remark like that is if you went through the EXACT same horrific event that he did.

Unless DAH disguised himself, I guess I've never experienced anyone forgetting the appearance of an attacker. I don't doubt Jared, I just find it puzzling.

That's great. Eloc went about it a different way. However, I've seen you reference things Joy has posted, which makes your comment hypocritical.

I give ELOC credit for doing a book that is researched, giving money to the Center for Missing and Exploited Children, not calling attention to his own self, not patting himself on the back and not whining about people criticizing him, and most of all, once again, researchng and verifyng information .

I could find you many cases where the victim failed to identify the perp. In this case, she failed to identify the perp in the lineup, but DNA evidence convicted him. If you want I can post as many of these cases as you want. I think you chose a poor choice of words while accusing Jared of "forgetting". He didn't forget, he just failed to select the correct perp in the lineup. It happens all the time.
http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2005-06-29/news/MACKINDER29_1_girl-dna-abduction

I could find you many cases where the victim failed to identify the perp. In this case, she failed to identify the perp in the lineup, but DNA evidence convicted him. If you want I can post as many of these cases as you want. I think you chose a poor choice of words while accusing Jared of "forgetting". He didn't forget, he just failed to select the correct perp in the lineup. It happens all the time.
http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2005-06-29/news/MACKINDER29_1_girl-dna-abduction

I'm still not convinced DAH is Jared's perp either. He was worried during the assault about Jared recognizing him which doesn't make sense to me given where DAH lived and worked.....unless I'm missing something.

Failed to id in the first PHOTO lineup, but ID'd in second.

Photo is a lot different than actual person.

From the article:

The prosecution also called a series of police and crime-scene investigators involved in the case. Their testimony showed that the girl failed to identify MacKinder in one photo lineup, but then successfully identified him in a second lineup.

The show "A Mother's Search" featuring Patty Wetterling on 20/20 on ID is showing again on Monday morning at 9 am. A good show to watch if you haven't seen it before. (Channel 192 on DISH TV, and Channel 285 on DirecTV)

"Patty Wetterling's 11-year-old son is kidnapped; Patty turns her search into a national crusade to find other missing children."

Monday 27th July 2015
9:00am 20/20 on ID » A Mother's Search on Investigation Discovery HD

http://www.locatetv.com/tv/20-20-on...lert&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2015-07-23

Having great sympathy for folks with ptsd, I have never experienced anything like you describe. I don't know jared, but it is not common to gain a more comprehensive memory of an event after 23 years.

I'm not impugning Jared either, he has chosen to be in the public square. He has made some pointed statements about DAH'S guilt, and his failure to initially pick him out is relevant

That's great. Eloc went about it a different way. However, I've seen you reference things Joy has posted, which makes your comment hypocritical.

Huh? Are you referring to Paynesville that I was questioning on here in 2008 and jBrown finally found DAH after paying for news articles with her own money? Do you mean that?

StinkSprings, I'd like your thoughts on Hollister as a potential suspect in Jared's case, please, if you have any. Thanks much.

StinkSprings, I'd like your thoughts on Hollister as a potential suspect in Jared's case, please, if you have any. Thanks much.

I'm interested as well. But Jared saw the perp, he was undisguised and the assault lasted more then an hour, he heard plenty of his voice. How about he tells us.

It's as relevant as Aaron and Trevor's inability to pin DR as the suspect as well. Jared has never fully disclosed the duration of his assault, and we also don't know the amount of full face time he had to ID the perp. I do know this, the place of his abduction WAS NOT well lit at all. I've been by that spot thousands of times. The lighting is as poor today as it was in 1989. You have to separate the 11 year old Jared from the 38 year old Jared that's taking a more public approach. He WAS NOT a public figure as an 11 year old, and to categorize him in the same breadth is completely unfair.

What you do need to do is give him credit for being brave to show his face in public. Just think, the assaulter has video of him now. And as far as his "remembering", who's said he's remembering more stuff 25 years later? What he's doing is the exact same thing Human, Sasquatch, myself and yourself are doing. He's putting in his time with research. He's able to work with others assaulted by DAH and compare his assault to theirs. He is not obligated to share his findings with users on websleuths. Why should he? It's a credit to him that he's as frontal about finding his abductor. Hes someone Aaron and Trevor should look too as a role model. They herd the perps voice, saw the perps overall profile. I hope they're putting in the same kind of work that Jared is.

Having great sympathy for folks with ptsd, I have never experienced anything like you describe. I don't know jared, but it is not common to gain a more comprehensive memory of an event after 23 years.

I'm not impugning Jared either, he has chosen to be in the public square. He has made some pointed statements about DAH'S guilt, and his failure to initially pick him out is relevant

Jared's lone obligation is to inform LE about his assault. Does he owe you an explanation? Are you in Law Enforcement and covering his case?

I'm interested as well. But Jared saw the perp, he was undisguised and the assault lasted more then an hour, he heard plenty of his voice. How about he tells us.

No. I'm referring to the times other sleuthers have posted findings from Joy's blog in which you've referenced them in other posts. BTW, those "findings" are on accessible archives of newspapers, I also have "paid" for that information as well, and LE has been aware of it from the beginning. Not sure why you're trying to attribute the "findings" to someone. It's been LE knowledge for decades.

Huh? Are you referring to Paynesville that I was questioning on here in 2008 and jBrown finally found DAH after paying for news articles with her own money? Do you mean that?

No. I'm referring to the times other sleuthers have posted findings from Joy's blog in which you've referenced them in other posts. BTW, those "findings" are on accessible archives of newspapers, I also have "paid" for that information as well, and LE has been aware of it from the beginning. Not sure why you're trying to attribute the "findings" to someone. It's been LE knowledge for decades.

I was wondering years ago about the Paynesville here on WS. Of course LE knew because I was going from my memory about reading about Paynesville but could not remember anything about it.

After asking about it here on WS for years, finally jBrown found it!

Too bad you weren't on years ago and could have given the information I was trying to remember

As you have said you were Jared's age, it is interesting that you were into newspapers at that young age.

Typically I raced to the Sports section. However, at a very young age I was interested in mysteries. I remember when Unsolved Mysteries debuted in 1987, it was the fix I had always been looking for.

Interestingly, I'm also a very accomplished automotive historian. One of the key components in this "profession" is tracing a automobile's ownership history. For years I've accessed the newspaper archives in order to help put pieces together in automotive history research. In fact, I've successfully reached the curator of procuring the automobiles for the movie, "Catch Me If You Can". (modsnip)

Typically I raced to the Sports section. However, at a very young age I was interested in mysteries. I remember when Unsolved Mysteries debuted in 1987, it was the fix I had always been looking for.

Interestingly, I'm also a very accomplished automotive historian. One of the key components in this "profession" is tracing a automobile's ownership history. For years I've accessed the newspaper archives in order to help put pieces together in automotive history research. In fact, I've successfully reached the curator of procuring the automobiles for the movie, "Catch Me If You Can". (modsnip).

Weren't people given free stickers?

So...any car ownership ID or other thoughts on Hollister? I understand the case for Jared's perp being DAH. But I can't get Hollister out of my head yet. Yes, Sasquatch, I wish I knew Jared's thoughts, but Jared isn't on here and StinkSprings is the new brain to pick who seems to have some familiarity with the cases.

Hi Shergal-- Hope you see this. Tried to PM you (nothing urgent, just a request), but got error msg that you've exceeded your inbox space and need to clear some before I can try again. Sorry for the public note--not sure how else to reach you. Thanks! Marzipan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikkirhea