MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I lived on a dirt road in rural MN, but the roads around me are paved. They are county and state roads. We would laugh about the thought of some of the roads being paved, but people don't like dust.

When driving through Wisconsin which is filled with farms, the roads are paved.

Even roads to cabins are paved nowadays.

Anyway, here is a report where the R farm is placed on the historical register. It says 170 acres. Not sure if that is all of the land as I am too lazy to look it up on the county assessor's. site.

https://www.edockets.state.mn.us/EF...AE-29C725ECD5BB}&documentTitle=20111-58107-01

Rural to me means dirt roads. There are PLENTY of dirt roads still here in central MN. 91st Ave was paved when Jacob was abducted. I think a better phrase would be "just outside of town". When someone's in Texas and attempting to get a feel for the case there's a BIG difference in that term. How many roads are paved in "rural" Texas in their definition of the term?
With all due respect, I won't argue semantics-there is a difference in perception of 'rural'-understandably so. I grew up in small Midwestern town....one could bike from the town in a few minutes and be 'rural'-literally in the country on a paved road-nothing around but crops. Just look at the visual environmental physical characteristics of the abduction site. "Just outside of town" suits me just fine. That 'just outside of town' is still desolate today.

In the link that I posted about the historical designation, it lists the buildings on the R farm. There are many. I tried to copy it but it did not work.

I was surprised by the amount of different buildings.

- Anyone without an interest in keeping Kevin out of trouble who says this?

- If someone needed to explain how the heck they are at the Tom Thumb, driving both ways up and down 91st Street, up by DR's house, and, most dramatic of all, stopped in a car facing out at the end of DR's driveway, the scanner explanation is obviously one of the very very few possibilities that could explain all this. Insofar as you think the scanner story explains all this, that is.

Very good posts. Kevin's story has troubled me from the start-mainly due to the fact that he and his gf + family failed to report their experience to LE. However, I agree with you that the truth may be found in the physical topography + circumstances + timing between the Rassier Farmstead and the Thom Thumb. Since you mentioned starting from the beginning then 2 questions:
1. What about the sound in the grass near the mailbox heard by Aaron on the way to the TT? How does that figure into your logistics and likelihood of possible perps?
2. Kevin's story.....what if in fact....his story -despite the suspicion....happened as he said it did.....then what?

For sure Patty said Kevin didn't take Jacob on The Hunt. I don't know when else, but she said it quite plainly on the show.

It has been posted many times . I guess if someone wants to know, it is on here. It has been linked on here many times.

It is hard to read through so many threads. And I am not how one would use the search feature to find it.

It seems then that everything would have to be linked continuously. Every statement would need a link everytime.

Like talking about Kevin, Link Link Link. GF was with. Was she? Where is the link? Brother of GF is firefighter. link? Playing cards that night. Link. And on and on and on.

We have speculated on Kevin and someone said that they saw him on the program and there was nothing that stood out.

What other reasons can there be that he is cleared? It apparently is not his physical appearance.

Maybe he had a broken leg and he could prove it by hospital records? Or some other temporary thing ?

They took his gf's car, rather than his. Of course, maybe he did not have a car.

To me, it is unusual that a guy would take a girlfriend's car . There was nothing fancy about her car. It wasn't a Corvette or a Super Bee, for instance. So why take her car.

But it does sound like he was driving rather than she?

It has been posted many times . I guess if someone wants to know, it is on here. It has been linked on here many times. . . .It is hard to read through so many threads.

YES, it is hard to read through so many threads!

From a newbie's perspective, there needs to be some balance between having to post a link for everything said versus never posting a link at all. Not that this applies to Human in particular, but there is I think a habit in cases which have dragged on for years to form a kind of dogma of accepted wisdom that just becomes kind of like folklore - and then no one seems to ever be able to find out if there was ever a source for certain 'facts' or not. One of the reasons I was repelled from ever posting here is because the threads are gigantically long and there is a vernacular complete with acronyms associated with this case that really discourages participation by outsiders. I'm sure there's a lot of fresh opinions out there, some of them stupid, some of the good, but jumping in the middle of all this isn't appealing to everyone. Not that this is anyone's fault, it's just hard to organize a web forum that caters to every level of engagement in the cases.

Rural to me means dirt roads. There are PLENTY of dirt roads still here in central MN. 91st Ave was paved when Jacob was abducted. I think a better phrase would be "just outside of town". When someone's in Texas and attempting to get a feel for the case there's a BIG difference in that term. How many roads are paved in "rural" Texas in their definition of the term?

I drove by the abduction site; I have to go to MSP occasionally for work and one day I rented a car and drove around St Joe. So I'm no local expert, but I have an idea about the place. I think now it would probably be described as an exurb, meaning it's not a suburb attached to a large city but it's also not really a stand-alone small town out in the middle of nowhere. So, as you say, it's not the full blown rural kind of place like maybe....Chisolm/Hibbing MN or Marfa in Texas. Anyway, lets not argue about it. I think its worth noting that Kevin is in to scanners and chasing cops, most of whom he knows personally, but Human thinks that's no big deal, which is fine.
Very good posts. Kevin's story has troubled me from the start-mainly due to the fact that he and his gf + family failed to report their experience to LE. However, I agree with you that the truth may be found in the physical topography + circumstances + timing between the Rassier Farmstead and the Thom Thumb. Since you mentioned starting from the beginning then 2 questions:
1. What about the sound in the grass near the mailbox heard by Aaron on the way to the TT? How does that figure into your logistics and likelihood of possible perps?
2. Kevin's story.....what if in fact....his story -despite the suspicion....happened as he said it did.....then what?

1. Am I allowed to say that these are 11/10 y.o. boys and maybe not only this tidbit but other details aren't necessarily the word of God about what exactly happened that night? I believe they're being honest of course. But what honestly happened according to an 11 y.o. may not be in entire agreement with what actually happened. Personally, I don't put much probative value on the noise he hears on the way to rent the video that I think he at some point he says 'shouldn't have been there'. My central belief is that the boys were seen or heard on the way to Tom Thumb by the abductor, so the noise either supports this point or supports the point that there were squirrels, raccoons, rabbits, cats, birds or other harmless creatures mucking around that night.

2. If Kevin's story is entirely true? Then we need to be worried because who exactly is running the 'medical cop' program? Kevin? I think one of the main conclusions to make if Kevin's story is 100% accurate is that things don't look good for DR.

For sure Patty said Kevin didn't take Jacob on The Hunt. I don't know when else, but she said it quite plainly on the show.

I hear you. It feels wrong to argue with Patty. I'd like to explore this further, but here are two questions (for anyone):

1. Has Patty every publicly disagreed with the police? If yes, about what?

2. Ok, let's keep active one train of thought that if Patty says Kevin's not the criminal, he's not the criminal. Does this mean we automatically have to also accept the fantastic story of the scanner and Kevin's explanation for Kevin's movements this night? Even if we're going to accept Patty's word on guilt/nonguilt of the crime, does that mean we have to accept Kevin's public explanations for all this, provided so enthusiastically 14 - 22 years after the fact? I mean he was only the first person on the crime scene, it's perfectly reasonable that he doesn't come forward sooner, right? Sooner, as in, the first day or two after he's hanging around DR's driveway.

We have speculated on Kevin and someone said that they saw him on the program and there was nothing that stood out.

What other reasons can there be that he is cleared? .... So why take her car. ...

But it does sound like he was driving rather than she?

I think these are very important questions.

Are we sure it isn't a case of Patty says he's cleared because the police say he's cleared? And yeah, getting to the bottom of this whole girl friend experience Kevin's having this night would be relevant. Maybe the gf told the police, "yeah, what he said is true," and that was the end of it so he is once and for all time innocent, and no one can ever look into this guy ever again.

For the moment, I'm probably not ready to fully embrace the possibility ELOC mentions which is that Kevin might be a complete ruse....a ruse created to discount the abduction-with-a-car theory in favor of the abduction-on-foot theory, which in turn allows them to focus on DR. However, I am ready to embrace the possibility that Kevin's official story as given to the public is not true in every detail, but is being floated in the public with police support (which in turn attracts Patti's support). Why might the police want to detract attention away from Kevin? Why is it in their interest to have it known that Kevin is on 91st, at DR's house front, in the driveway, at TT, etc.?

Tonight I call on LE to forfeit their investigation. Absolutely nothing is happening anymore. Act or give it up, times up.

Are you local? It seems to me it would be possible to get a little organized and demand that the cops handover their info. If not to the general public, then to a trusted 3rd party.

Could it be that once Kevin came forward he reported something he witnessed that night (which maybe he didn't know was important) and it helped point LE/FBI/BCA back to Dan Rassier? Just a wild thought, but might help explain why his identity has been somewhat protected.

To me, the main result of Kevin and his magical tour through every relevant place in Minnesota's most famous crime is the focus of the investigation on DR. DR's validity as a POI is very much a function of how much credit you give to Kevin's story.

Would the evidence gained from DR be admissible if the Kevin scenario is a ruse? Can the police lie in that systemic of matter in the interest of case? Seems very questionable to me.

I don't know kevin, but most people talk about him like he is simple.

That's not true. Rockville is small. St. Nicholas is small. Luxemburg is small. St Joe is a medium sized town in Stearns County. In fact, it's probably one of the top 5-10 population wise. This wasn't rural MN. This abduction happened less than 1 mile from the largest artery in the state (Hwy 94), and the one of the main arteries that crosses central MN (75). To note this is as rural is factually not correct. Rural is Duelm, St. Wendel and St Anthony.

Not that it matters, but St.Joe is 125 on the list of population in MN . I imagine with the new developments and the growth of St. Cloud the population has grown quite a bit.

http://www.minnesota-demographics.com/cities_by_population

Patty is the mother of her missing child. What we feel or think has less than zero importance. If she says it is correct that Kevin is cleared, why in the world would people like those on WS have the need to question what the mother of the beloved child says.

With every cell in her being, she wants her child found. Why would she derail an investigation with false info? She is not "simple". She and her whole famiy are intelligent people.

Is she capable of making a mistake?

She has had over 25 years to examine things. She has her intelligent family to also help out.

And most of all, she knows things that we do do not know. Both from LE and people contacting her.

How often on WS have we been surprised with the things LE knew?

She has had over 25 years to examine things. She has her intelligent family to also help out.

And most of all, she knows things that we do do not know. Both from LE and people contacting her.

How often on WS have we been surprised with the things LE knew?

Even Patty and the family has not been told yet why they dug up DR's farm or what was found. Why he is a POI. We're in it all together, clear or convict DR. There's nothing else of much importance at this time. We"re just playing with evidence that LE has released to the media and twisting and turning it to our hearts desire. LE is in control, 5 plus years witb a POI and noone can handle this.

Even Patty and the family has not been told yet why they dug up DR's farm or what was found. Why he is a POI. We're in it all together, clear or convict DR. There's nothing else of much importance at this time. We"re just playing with evidence that LE has released to the media and twisting and turning it to our hearts desire. LE is in control, 5 plus years witb a POI and noone can handle this.

We have no idea what the W family knows.

LE has whatever evidence they have. What we want matters not. They want to convict . So they need to follow the law and the practices which lead to conviction,

They have FBI and BCA to guide them.

We have no idea what the W family knows.

LE has whatever evidence they have. What we want matters not. They want to convict . So they need to follow the law and the practices which lead to conviction,

They have FBI and BCA to guide them.

Then you don't understand what we've been told. Patty has specifically said they couldn't tell her why they were at the farm for the third search. Ever since a judge imposed a gag order for LE not to discuss it. That includes the Wetterlings and is the current state today.

Then you don't understand what we've been told. Patty has specifically said they couldn't tell her why they were at the farm for the third search. Ever since a judge imposed a gag order for LE not to discuss it. That includes the Wetterlings and is the current state today.

I understand what we have been told. I also know families are told plenty by LE.

have they been told why the dig? Who knows. Not me.

I understand what we have been told. I also know families are told plenty by LE.

have they been told why the dig? Who knows. Not me.
DR should have been brought in for questioning that night.

But, I think we all know why they dug it up and it wasn't for animal bones. Body clearly wasn't there.

DR should have been brought in for questioning that night.

But, I think we all know why they dug it up and it wasn't for animal bones. Body clearly wasn't there.

Is it fair to say human bones weren't found when items are still under analysis today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leeloocee