GUILTY MO - Breeann Rodriguez, 3, Senath, 6 August 2011 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
They were able to determine sexual assault or rape after 4 months? I'm specifically referring to evidence that would indicate rape or sexual assault. I know they can prove it's her, and I know they can link him to her body. But how could they tell a decomposed body has been raped? <sorry graphic> I'm not being snarky, I truly don't know how they'd establish that as fact after four months.

..i don't actually know anything for a fact...

..however-------IF----there is tissue still present, then yes, they can determine a whole lot ( was the hymen ruptured? bruising on the genitalia? tearing?? etc etc...a 'deep' swab into the vaginal region will still recover semen, if present ).

..i don't know how long a body can be exposed to water to eliminate DNA.

..i do know ( in the case of caylee anthony ) they were saying if only they'd found her when kronk 1st called---in august---that they would have had more to go on. ( i presume they meant that tissue/organs would still have been present to possibly determine C.O.D.)

..in this case, with the body not found/exposed to the elements for 10 days---hopefully the M.E. does have "something to work with".

( apologize also for being 'graphic'. )

That is really interesting in more ways than one. :innocent:

The article doesn't reference if this guy was going with the mother, but...how many cases to we see day after day the boyfriend or step-father snaps?

It is unfortunately something I hear about too frequently & it made me wonder why (in this case) Mom & kids were away? IIRC the Mom & the teen were away together, the two other kids stayed at her sisters. I know in the last thread we wondered why, I don't think in the press there was an answer given why, was there? My DH is a hands-on-dad; I thought it strange, why the younger two (7 to 9ish IIRC), didn't say with Dad? IDK I kind of wiped out in my mind physical abuse as there seemed to be no history, no friends, neighbors have come out to say anything. Of course, now we learn of the bomb threats.:eek: Perhaps the Mom saw/knew something from experience & that is why they went somewhere vs. just a vacations without him. She may have thought he was ready to snap & she took measures for her self & the kids to get out of dodge and / or he needed a break???

So many possibilities :banghead:

IIRC the mom and teen were with her sick parent, the younger ones at an aunts house. SM workd nights, so it is uderstandable that the younger ones would not be left in his care.

IIRC the mom and teen were with her sick parent, the younger ones at an aunts house. SM workd nights, so it is uderstandable that the younger ones would not be left in his care.

Good to know, wondered if he worked nights on the weekend or at least on that weekend. Do we know if he did show up Sat. night or in fact he was scheduled?

Kind of lets that theory go... Is there an icon for pulling weeds & tossing???

That is really interesting in more ways than one. :innocent:

The article doesn't reference if this guy was going with the mother, but...how many cases to we see day after day the boyfriend or step-father snaps?

It is unfortunately something I hear about too frequently & it made me wonder why (in this case) Mom & kids were away? IIRC the Mom & the teen were away together, the two other kids stayed at her sisters. I know in the last thread we wondered why, I don't think in the press there was an answer given why, was there? My DH is a hands-on-dad; I thought it strange, why the younger two (7 to 9ish IIRC), didn't say with Dad? IDK I kind of wiped out in my mind physical abuse as there seemed to be no history, no friends, neighbors have come out to say anything. Of course, now we learn of the bomb threats.:eek: Perhaps the Mom saw/knew something from experience & that is why they went somewhere vs. just a vacations without him. She may have thought he was ready to snap & she took measures for her self & the kids to get out of dodge and / or he needed a break???

So many possibilities :banghead:

Since Mom and the oldest child were gone... it would have just been the two younger kids. The kids were out of school and Dad worked. Dad also worked late, but even if he didn't with the kids out of school that wouldn't be a very good situation to leave them with him.

School was getting ready to start, I think that the kids probably went to stay with their Aunt before school started again. I think they may have preferred that... I certainly would have chosen that over staying at home with either, or both parents.

They were able to determine sexual assault or rape after 4 months? I'm specifically referring to evidence that would indicate rape or sexual assault. I know they can prove it's her, and I know they can link him to her body. But how could they tell a decomposed body has been raped? <sorry graphic> I'm not being snarky, I truly don't know how they'd establish that as fact after four months.

A body does not completely decompose in 10 days, there would still be some soft tissue, and the skin would still be intact. I don't think semen would have dissipated that quickly either, there would still be evidence of it, as well as any trauma to the genital area.
Sorry to be so explicit.

This is like the small town i'm from, I would be nervous as he77 if we had a major crime. I like the officers we have, but they would not have the experience to handle anything of this nature. They shouldn't have too :( although it could happen anywhere.

We actually had a house fire that killed a father and his 8 yr old son while mom was working, not a crime, but devastating. This happened early morning, the day before school started back. :(

I live near a small town as well. Any major crime is automatically turned over to our sheriff's dept. (We had a murder here several years ago.) Our town has a very small police dept. but they would not attempt to handle it, the SD would be called immediately, as they were with this murder I mentioned. Our county has a major crimes investigation unit that has helped with several cases in other counties around here as well.
I would imagine that the Senath PD would have done the same... immediately called in the state police or whichever LE agency handles major crimes in small towns in that area.

Includes a beautiful video of the dove and balloon release yesterday.

Funeral services today for Breeann Rodriguez
9:06 AM, Aug 20, 2011

Friday night, dozens of people turned out for a prayer vigil in Breeann's hometown.

Four white doves along with pink and white balloons were released in the young girl's memory.

Today's funeral will be held at 4:00 p.m. at the Senath Church of Christ.

http://www.ksdk.com/news/article/272686/3/Funeral-services-today-for-Breeann-Rodriguez

..i don't actually know anything for a fact...

..however-------IF----there is tissue still present, then yes, they can determine a whole lot ( was the hymen ruptured? bruising on the genitalia? tearing?? etc etc...a 'deep' swab into the vaginal region will still recover semen, if present ).

..i don't know how long a body can be exposed to water to eliminate DNA.

..i do know ( in the case of caylee anthony ) they were saying if only they'd found her when kronk 1st called---in august---that they would have had more to go on. ( i presume they meant that tissue/organs would still have been present to possibly determine C.O.D.)

..in this case, with the body not found/exposed to the elements for 10 days---hopefully the M.E. does have "something to work with".

( apologize also for being 'graphic'. )

Even if the skin was gone, could there be contusions on the underlying muscles?

I gave Flip Flop an idea of how she could keep her latest post (currently Post 2, Page 1 I think) with her ...

In the meantime, it is in my signature. Once she posts her updated version, this won't be the "latest" post. Just FYI

eta
I'm assuming Flip Flop is a "she" ... my apologies if I am wrong. :)

According to a post on topix,,,so take it with a big grain of salt,,
http://www.dddnews.com/story/1138909.html
This GDM is supposed to be SM's nephew

How long has he been in prison? If he is still in prison. All I could find was a court date of June 2006.

Search Result

eta
Found entry on Missouri DOC ... think he only got 11 years. Don't know what this means:
11 Years (7, 11, CC)
Active offenses: Voluntary manslaughter, poss controlled substance felony

Also not sure what he has to do with the case.

I gave Flip Flop an idea of how she could keep her latest post (currently Post 2, Page 1 I think) with her ...

In the meantime, it is in my signature. Once she posts her updated version, this won't be the "latest" post. Just FYI

eta
I'm assuming Flip Flop is a "she" ... my apologies if I am wrong. :)

Oh what a great idea!!

Thanks Martha. I found the Missouri DOC.

You and I had the same thought. What's the connection?

I don't think we're thinking the same way. I was just steering people to the courts site.

I have no idea what the connection, if any, is and I'm not interested in him. As I asked before, what does this have to do with BreeAnn's case? Nothing, as far as I can tell. At this point it's just a rumor that this guy is somehow connected to SM anyway, but even if he is I don't see why he's relevant.

You can also bookmark her link by clicking on the "2" on her post OR the link in my signature, and choosing the BookmarkThis Link option.

I tend to over-bookmark (if there is such a thing!) but useful posts like that are a must.

I don't think we're thinking the same way. I was just steering people to the courts site.

I have no idea what the connection, if any, is and I'm not interested in him. As I asked before, what does this have to do with BreeAnn's case? Nothing, as far as I can tell. At this point it's just a rumor that this guy is somehow connected to SM anyway, but even if he is I don't see why he's relevant.

My question too was whether he was connected to the case. (And I agree with you that he is not relevant -- but want to hear why others think he is.)

quote=al66pine;7046702]Re greenpalm post #152 saying:
This is so weird. Interesting that he "hasn't talked to him and doesn't care to.
&#8230;.I'd be in there grilling the guy.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[SBM & BBM.]

RSBM:

al66pine, I think it would be a lot easier for you to use the quote button at the bottom of a person's post you wish to reply to instead of having to copy and paste. It's the button on the far left. (blue) The next button is the red quotes and it is used for replying to multiple posts ..which you could utilize also. You just click on the red quote at each post you want to reply to and then on the last post you want to reply to, you use the regular quote button. It then brings up all the posts into your reply box and you interject your replies between them, in the order your selected.

Hope that helps...and I hope I explained it ok. :)

True, but then they could simply say nothing for now...instead they are saying they don't know the motive.

I've been waiting on LE to state a motive on a case from 2009. It's frustrating because you want to know why...even if it's pretty obivious...you still want to hear it from LE or directly from the perp. I think we have to remember too they don't need a motive to prove guilt. This could be the reaction we're seeing from LE in which they don't want to even talk to him. If they have enough physical evidence to put him away, they could care less about anything he may wish to utter. JMO

I'm local,
When this case started my wife was upset that the amber alert had not been issued and she proclaimed so at every newscast.
I just casually followed it until SM was arrested.
I was so stunned to find that a local man 43yo with no prior record,,, that worked where I did,,, could have done such a thing.
That is when I became interest/obsessed with this case and wanted very much to understand WHY.

To "ME" seeing that Shawn Morgan had a nephew that killed a small child was a rather significant fact,,,, what are the odds of that?

It is said that Shawn Morgans father was beaten to death, "I have NOT seen proof of that yet, but think it may very well be true"
Maybe the why just comes down to family values?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missledet
Back