Found Deceased MO - Clauddinnea 'Dee Dee' Blancharde, 48, Springfield, 10 June 2015 - #1 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did Nicholas and Gypsy really meet on a CHRISTIAN dating site?? Or was she just telling her friend that?? Doesn't sound like their current interests are very Christian...Bizarre.

Also, after reading over the latest developments, sounds like she met other guys online that tried to take advantage of her. This was all just a ticking time bomb...with either Dee Dee or Gypsy ending up dead, or worse.

Who knows? I too find it highly unlikely that Gypsy would have met Nicholas through a Christian dating site. Perhaps she told her friend that so she wouldn't worry. Gypsy was viewed as fragile and was highly protected. Meeting random guys on the Internet would have been something that caused those who knew her some concern. Perhaps stating that they met on a Christian site was a lie she used to make it seem that Nicholas was a good, religious person to her friends so they would worry less?

I think part of the challenge with trying to wrap our brains around what Gypsy did is that we're mostly trying to look at the situation from OUR perspective (i.e., through the lens of unbroken minds).

Gypsy's mind is terribly, most likely irreparably, broken. After 20+ years of such abuse by her mother, it's impossible that her thought processes are in ANY way similar to those of a rational "sane" person. She's far, far, far from a normal 23-year-old.

So, yes, while she had a boyfriend, and multiple Facebook accounts, and while she could have escaped at any time, unless we've experienced the same monstrous form of abuse practically since birth, we have absolutely no idea what's going on in that little head of hers. JMO and all of that.

I think part of the challenge with trying to wrap our brains around what Gypsy did is that we're mostly trying to look at the situation from OUR perspective (i.e., through the lens of unbroken minds).

Gypsy's mind is terribly, most likely irreparably, broken. After 20+ years of such abuse by her mother, it's impossible that her thought processes are in ANY way similar to those of a rational "sane" person. She's far, far, far from a normal 23-year-old.

So, yes, while she had a boyfriend, and multiple Facebook accounts, and while she could have escaped at any time, unless we've experienced the same monstrous form of abuse practically since birth, we have absolutely no idea what's going on in that little head of hers. JMO and all of that.

I agree. I also think that people who say she could have jut walked away don't understand what mental abuse really is and what it does. We don't blame the victims of domestic abuse for not walking away from a violent husband, well, her circumstances were by far worse. It is almost like she was a part of a cult, imo.

Too true, but then the $$$ train would Peter out. I think her greed for the trips and gifts was stronger than the attention seeking. I'm not sure if she is classic Munchausen by proxy, or some other beast all together.

I think it was much more about the money than the attention. If Gypsy died it would have been an end to the money. It's not Munchausen by Proxy, because it was done for financial gain.

"For Munchausen to be present we say there can not be monetary gain involved." Rost said. "The other possible option for this is malingering, and malingering is just when someone intentionally creates symptoms to gain something." Malingering is not a mental illness.

http://www.ky3.com/news/local/mental-health-expert-discusses-blancharde-lies/21048998_33642334

Did Nicholas and Gypsy really meet on a CHRISTIAN dating site?? Or was she just telling her friend that?? Doesn't sound like their current interests are very Christian...Bizarre.

Also, after reading over the latest developments, sounds like she met other guys online that tried to take advantage of her. This was all just a ticking time bomb...with either Dee Dee or Gypsy ending up dead, or worse.

There are definitely Christians who are involved in that sort of thing -- Christian domestic discipline comes to mind.

But whether she really did meet him there or not is anyone's guess.

I think that was a lie and I also don't know how much truth there is to the pedophile story either.. Could be true but I wouldn't be surprised if she was embellishing

It's more likely that they met through gaming. There is a whole gaming culture out there and with her history of attending the gaming/comic/fantasy type conventions it is likely she was part of that culture. Her "mother" probably thought she was just playing games online when in fact she was meeting and talking to people.

It's been either reported or rumored that her mother regularly took sleeping bills and that Gypsy was known to sneak out once her mother was asleep. (Sorry I don't remember where I heard that.) She probably stayed up half the night talking to her boyfriend online.

I think it was much more about the money than the attention. If Gypsy died it would have been an end to the money. It's not Munchausen by Proxy, because it was done for financial gain.

http://www.ky3.com/news/local/mental-health-expert-discusses-blancharde-lies/21048998_33642334

I believe that this rouse was pulled off for both financial gain and attention. Very complex situation. DD thrust Gypsy in to the limelight even in instances where there was no foreseeable financial gain. Not only did DD enjoy the obvious perks that came along with having a "sick" daughter (trips, contributions etc.) but she enjoyed the attention that others poured on to them as well.

I live near this crime and have watched it unfold from the beginning and it is just amazing to me how they got all this free care and hand outs and even a free house on this monsters word that her daughter was ill? and now the daughter is in jail for her murder. this is just crazy

There are definitely Christians who are involved in that sort of thing -- Christian domestic discipline comes to mind.

But whether she really did meet him there or not is anyone's guess.

It's more likely that they met through gaming. There is a whole gaming culture out there and with her history of attending the gaming/comic/fantasy type conventions it is likely she was part of that culture. Her "mother" probably thought she was just playing games online when in fact she was meeting and talking to people.

It's been either reported or rumored that her mother regularly took sleeping bills and that Gypsy was known to sneak out once her mother was asleep. (Sorry I don't remember where I heard that.) She probably stayed up half the night talking to her boyfriend online.

I imagine DD would have been the type of "mother" to look in to everything. I really do find it hard to believe that she had no idea of what Gypsy was up to online. She worked hard to build and maintain Gypsy's image. I guess I can see Gypsy only getting on the internet when DD was sleeping but I'm not sure that's feasible.

I think that was a lie and I also don't know how much truth there is to the pedophile story either.. Could be true but I wouldn't be surprised if she was embellishing

Not necessarily defending her, but she was taught from a very young age that it was OK to lie. The story her cousin told of when she got out of the wheelchair and played with her cousins and suddenly dropped to the ground when her "mother" appeared, is an example of that. She does not know the boundaries of society. She has a very different moral code from the rest of us. She is like one of those children who was raised by wolves or that really bad 1980's movie where two kids grew up on an island alone.

I do feel sorry for her, but I would not trust a word that she says.

As another reason why Gypsy didn't just "walk away" could also be because DD threatened to expose her as being part of (or even the instigator) of the deception.
I can only imagine that Gypsy had threatened to run away many times (I believe she alluded to the fact that she wanted to just grow up and be a normal girl and fall in love, but DD wouldn't allow it).
It seems very in line with the controlling type of person that DD seems to have been that she would have threatened to blow the whistle on Gypsy if she ever tried to leave, and that she would spend the rest of her life in jail.

Although...I don't know how she thought this plan was going to work out any better. She certainly didn't really try to cover her tracks very well.
I think the only thing that even shows her trying to cover her tracks is the second FB message, where she's clearly trying to make it look like it was the work of some psycho.

I imagine DD would have been the type of "mother" to look in to everything. I really do find it hard to believe that she had no idea of what Gypsy was up to online. She worked hard to build and maintain Gypsy's image. I guess I can see Gypsy only getting on the internet when DD was sleeping but I'm not sure that's feasible.

We will have to agree to disagree on that. ;) I am taking into consideration a several factors in making my decision. For instance, DD's age, something between 54 and 59, from what I can tell. She is part of a generation that did not check up on every keystroke their children made on the computer. While she was a master at pulling off a con and manipulating people, I don't get the impression she was very tech savvy or worldly outside of her own "game". Add to that, the fact that she raised a master manipulator. Gypsy was coached and trained in lying and manipulating all of her life. I am pretty sure she was very good at lying to her mother, and I get the impression that DD was reliant on sleeping pills to help her sleep. Gypsy took advantage of that. Basically a monster created a monster that came back to haunt her.

Edit to add: In this article it says that Gypsy was secretly talking to people on the internet.

But she does know that Gypsy didn’t always see eye-to-eye with her mother. In October 2014, Gypsy began messaging her through a secret Facebook page under the name Emma Rose.

“Hi Aleah its Gypsy,” the first post read. “This is my personal account my mom is still over protective so she don’t, know about this account.”

http://www.kspr.com/news/local/face...-of-gypsy-blancharde/21051620_33640790?item=0

I believe that this rouse was pulled off for both financial gain and attention. Very complex situation. DD thrust Gypsy in to the limelight even in instances where there was no foreseeable financial gain. Not only did DD enjoy the obvious perks that came along with having a "sick" daughter (trips, contributions etc.) but she enjoyed the attention that others poured on to them as well.

I didn't say she was not ever attention seeking. I said it was more about the money than the attention. Yes it is a very complex situation and I find the psychology behind it very interesting.

Something I have been thinking about regarding the attention. Keep in mind that they were missing from Tuesday to Sunday and nobody even noticed until Gypsy posted those horrible posts on the Facebook page. I think they lived a pretty isolated existence. They had acquaintances, but no true friends or family that really cared about them. I live hundreds of miles from my children, parents and siblings. If something happened and they didn't hear from me (text, email, facebook, telephone, etc.) in about 2 days, they would have the police out here to do a welfare check. They disappeared and nobody noticed.

Could DeeDee straddle a line between Munchausen by Proxy/Medical Child abuse and malingering? I mean, you MUST be sick to raise your precious child like that. Can't you be greedy and mentally ill? I believe these people to be extremely complex. I also think it is going to be hard to categorize Gypsy as well, even if she was totally in on the deception, for monetary gains, she was MADE that way. It was the only life that she knows. That and internet which is FAR from the real world.

If she did run away, I think her mother would have just spun another story. "My poor mentally disabled sick daughter left with someone who's taking advantage of her!" Considering how many other stories she got away with, why not that one as well?

Listen to the end, ENJOY !! Also you can go to www.thirdfloorjohn.com and find more.
[video=youtube;ZTzfmm76eQ8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTzfmm76eQ8[/video]

Everyone loves GYPSY ROSE, OH NO !!

Keep in mind that they were missing from Tuesday to Sunday and nobody even noticed until Gypsy posted those horrible posts on the Facebook page. I think they lived a pretty isolated existence. They had acquaintances, but no true friends or family that really cared about them. I live hundreds of miles from my children, parents and siblings. If something happened and they didn't hear from me (text, email, facebook, telephone, etc.) in about 2 days, they would have the police out here to do a welfare check. They disappeared and nobody noticed.

This is an excellent point.

What does anyone make of the fact that Gypsy "hid in the bathroom" while her mother was being stabbed?
I mean...from whom is she hiding? Did she just not want to witness it? That's the most logical explanation, but it's still a strange detail. I don't understand why she would have had to "hide" in the bathroom (I just checked the probable cause statement to make sure that's the term they used, and yep, it was).
I guess there's the argument that if for some reason DD wasn't killed and she survived the attack, she could more reasonably say that it was a random intruder and that she wasn't involved. She could have done that just as easily from her bedroom.
But I haven't seen much evidence that anything else in the crime was that well thought-out, so I don't know.

What does anyone make of the fact that Gypsy "hid in the bathroom" while her mother was being stabbed?
I mean...from whom is she hiding? Did she just not want to witness it? That's the most logical explanation, but it's still a strange detail. I don't understand why she would have had to "hide" in the bathroom (I just checked the probable cause statement to make sure that's the term they used, and yep, it was).
I guess there's the argument that if for some reason DD wasn't killed and she survived the attack, she could more reasonably say that it was a random intruder and that she wasn't involved. She could have done that just as easily from her bedroom.
But I haven't seen much evidence that anything else in the crime was that well thought-out, so I don't know.
Maybe Gypsy had complex feelings for her mom, love/hate twisted together. She wanted her dead, but couldn't watch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cav4queen