MO - Elizabeth Olten, 9, St Martin's, 21 Oct 2009 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ST. MARTINS -- UPDATE: Thursday 1:05 pm:

The FBI has now been called-in to help search for a missing 9 year-old girl.

Hundreds of volunteers are also searching the woods near the rural home of Elizabeth Olten. The location is about 5 miles west of Jefferson City in the town of St. Martins.

KRCG news is on the scene of an afternoon press conference and will have updates online.

http://www.connectmidmissouri.com/news/story.aspx?id=366189

Marc Klaas just checked in. He will be on Nancy Grace tonight to discuss this case.

Marc and his wife, Brad Dennis, and I will be in St. Louis on Saturday for the KlaasKids free Print-A-Thon. Since this is so close to where Elizabeth went missing KlaasKids will be offering whatever they can do to help. They would anyway but at least we will be right there to help out immediately.

I will be traveling early tomorrow but if anything breaks in this case PLEASE call me or email me using my yahoo. I can check that on my phone.
triciastidbits@yahoo.com

With any luck by the time we all arrive in St. Louis Elizabeth will be home safe and sound.

From that article:

Elizabeth's father, Dale Olten Sr., has been in a Missouri prison since April serving a four-year sentence for drug possession

Onna Adrian, whose daughter-in-law is Elizabeth's older sister, said Elizabeth generally walked home from the friend's house through neighbors' yards rather than along the two-lane county highway that runs past their houses.

Adrian said Elizabeth did not normally hide out and, if confronted, would have screamed and tried to run away.

BBM. But, would she have screamed and ran away if she knew the person? Are we looking at someone she might have known?

Help find elizabeth Olten! The FBI has now been called-in to help search for a missing 9 year-old girl.Hundreds of volunteers are also searching the woods near the rural home of Elizabeth Olten. The location is about 5 miles west of Jefferson City in the town of St. Martins. E...lizabeth is a 4th grader at nearby Pioneer Trails Elementary School.
From the Help Find Elizabeth Olten FB page

From that article:

Elizabeth's father, Dale Olten Sr., has been in a Missouri prison since April serving a four-year sentence for drug possession

respectfully snipped: it was posted earlier that the father got out of jail on 10/15/09

I've had my map up with the police location at the corner, but have not seen here yet what the house address is, or where it is in location to this corner.

Do we have Elizabeth's house, or the friend's house mapped yet?

Didn't dad get released on Oct. 15th? Or was that his son?

From that article:

respectfully snipped: it was posted earlier that the father got out of jail on 10/15/09

not sure if it was the father or the brother they have the same name and were partners in crime.

BTW, the Mom's name on the previous page is correct. Paternity case in 2007.

Can I link the Facebook page setup for her here?

Yes go ahead for now. If it turns out to be bogus we'll pull the link but for now go ahead. We need all the info we can get.

I've had my map up with the police location at the corner, but have not seen here yet what the house address is, or where it is in location to this corner.

i don't believe they have released that info as of yet.

Okay, looks to me like both Dales are incarcerated.

Sr. was released from Warren County Jail on 10/15/2009. Now he is in Northeast Correctional Center, which is exactly where Jr. is.

I read ( I will see if I can find it again ) that she walked from her friends address 600 block to her home 200 block, it didn't say "what block" not sure if its lomo drive or Route D or are they the same? Thats all I have

A poster posted on the FB group says she was last seen near the intersection of Rt D & Hwy 50. So, that would be this area, right?

Edit....I guess I am too far north.

Attachments

• pic.jpg
    pic.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 26
I read ( I will see if I can find it again ) that she walked from her friends address 600 block to her home 200 block, it didn't say "what block" not sure if its lomo drive or Route D or are they the same? Thats all I have
------------------------------------

One of the most recent news articles, had someone who said that she usually cut through people's yards instead of walking along the county road.

The cell phone pinging near her home...
if they could find it, they would know where she was when she dropped it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper