MO - Furious Friends Demand Answers After 3 Men Found Dead at Kansas City Home Days After Watching Football Game, January 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If h/o renter is out and about why didn't he see any of the men's vehicles?

I know a group of middle-aged friends who get together often and sometimes drink a lot. In those cases, the ones who don't live there either stay overnight or get a ride from uber or a sober friend. Cars left behind for a day or two or three is entirely normal because the car stays there until the person coordinates another ride to go get their car. With work or family or other obligations, sometimes getting the car isn't the top priority (especially if in the meantime they have access to transportation like a SO's vehicle, own a 2nd car or motorcycle, a work friend who lives nearby and will swing by to get them for work, ability to walk or bike where they need to go, or don't need the car because they work from home or don't need to go out for a few days).

Anyway, I could see how JW wouldn't think twice about a car or cars left there as long as his access wasn't blocked.

IMO, I don't think we can blame the families for not giving him a pass right now.
I agree. It may not be right but it's a natural outlet to want to assign blame. There were only a couple of people on that FB page I was on that was willing to JW a pass until the results are in, the rest were ready to hang, draw and quarter him.

So, resident claims he didn't see the three bodies in his backyard.
There is driveway and attached two-car garage along side of the house.
If resident was unaware of bodies in backyard, he must have seen the cars in his driveway and wondered where his guests were.

That doesn’t fly that he never uses his back door. He has two dogs, so he definitely uses the back door and the back yard. Maybe not that night since the dogs were gone, but he does use it.
My parents lived in the same house for 45 years. They/we had several dogs and they all went out the front door. The location of the back door (kitchen) and the fact that their backyard was so small made the back door almost useless. We didn't even have a key for it. The grill, picnic table, etc. were all in the front. I remember watching my Dad having to force the back door open because it stuck from lack of use.

When I moved into my own house, one door was chalked shut and covered over. I had to get help to force it open. Apparently, the previous owner had no use for it. And, like my parents, I only received a key to the front door and for many years that was the only key I had.

Because of my experiences, I (JMO) find it entirely believable that the owner hadn't used the back door.

My parents lived in the same house for 45 years. They/we had several dogs and they all went out the front door. The location of the back door (kitchen) and the fact that their backyard was so small made the back door almost useless. We didn't even have a key for it. The grill, picnic table, etc. were all in the front. I remember watching my Dad having to force the back door open because it stuck from lack of use.

When I moved into my own house, one door was chalked shut and covered over. I had to get help to force it open. Apparently, the previous owner had no use for it. And, like my parents, I only received a key to the front door and for many years that was the only key I had.

Because of my experiences, I (JMO) find it entirely believable that the owner hadn't used the back door.
So many similar stories from posters, and I can think of a couple of ones from my own experience where the back door and area were never used: A rental house from my early 20s, and my grandparents’ house.

That said, I wonder if police have collected ring cam footage from next door and across the road neighbors, and whether that may shed any further light…..

Do we know why the dogs weren't there that day? When did the dogs come back, I would think they would have smelled saw something hinky. What kind of dogs? I'm just asking, not pointing fingers at anyone. I am waiting to hear the COD.

I would say that while there was one apparent renter in the home, it's entirely possible that there are other people living in that larger home. Perhaps they are part of the dog owning couple or group and the dogs just weren't there. Perhaps they had gone south for warmer climes, for a few weeks.

I find it hard to believe that one person (who usually has dogs) was home alone without dogs. I find it easy to believe that on a weekend when there was football and one's roommates were away, one might have others over for a party.

Nothing has been said in MSM that I know of, about dogs. I don't even know how we know he had dogs, except that peole are discussing it here. If anyone has a link to the dog story, I'll add it to my post (if the link comes in, in time).

IMO.

My theory sadly. Is that they all overdosed, 3 went outside to smoke a cigarettes or cannabis, passed out and died of exposure. Tragic misadventure.

Edit: to be clear I do think he’s lying through his lawyer but I don’t think it’s to cover homicide.

Last edited:

If resident was unaware of bodies in backyard, he must have seen the cars in his driveway and wondered where his guests were.

He says they froze to death. I don't see him saying that he didn't "see the bodies." It seems he did - after the police got there. It seems implicit that he had not seen them before, but he doesn't actually admit or say that to the police, IMO. I bet he said very little. Basically gave opinions such as "They must have frozen to death." Which, if I really didn't see three friends' bodies in my back yard, would have been my first guess too. Although since I now know what temps there were that Jan 7 evening, I wouldn't guess that.

Were the cars in the driveway? Is this a guy who does what some people call "rotting" when he has time off (cocoons up in his bedroom, heats one room, brings a few snacks and stays on the internet and watches movies on TV? Listens to music?) My own little space in our house has snacks in case I want to hole up, although usually both of us are "rotting" on the couch (as we are today). I just learned the word recently.

That lifestyle is quite common in people born after around 1975 or 1980.

The cars were there somewhere, it seems. If they were near the front of the house but not in the driveway, maybe he didn't go into his front yard either.

All opinion. IMO.

My theory sadly. Is that they all overdosed, 3 went outside to smoke a cigarettes or cannabis, passed out and died of exposure. Tragic misadventure.

I think this could well fit the facts. Perhaps the home-renter noped out of the drug-using part of the day and went upstairs to do his own thing. He may even have disapproved. Perhaps they accidentally locked themselves out (and he, wearing headphones or a VR gaming device, didn't hear them until too late). Even if he went down to the kitchen for food over the next few days, if he had time off or worked from home (which is definitely possible), he would not have gone into the back yard (or the front yard, not when it's cold - and it was getting colder). Many people do not go in and out of their houses every day.

IMO.

Dogs? Door Usage? Alerting Friends to "Wrong" Door Chosen?
.... I have a dog, a small one. And he with two big dogs? If he doesn’t use the back door, sure seems to me it would occur to him that his friends were going out the wrong door....
snipped for focus @neesaki

Respectfully, as others have posted, not all dogowners use back door to let their dogs in & out of back yard, fenced or unfenced. True for some ppl regardless of weather, season, snow; size & number of dogs, yard conditions, like ice, mud, snow, etc.

If Host or arranged dog-carer routinely took dogs for multiple daily walkies, he MAY never have used back door (virtually or literally) for DOGS.
And may have used back door HIMSELF on limited basis or seaonally, like mild weather, so, (possibly) not in Jan. 30-35F° days.

That said, did Host ALERT FRIENDS that in exiting at back door, they were using the "wrong" door?

IF Host was awake & not severely cognitively impaired &
IF Host was present in room when they used back door,
IF Host was aware friends were exiting door- after game & their get-together concluded - leaving to get in their vehicles to go to their respective homes, or elsewhere - a bar? another house? C-store for ciggies, beer?)
THEN likely imo Host would alert them to "wrong" door.

But what if Host was engrossed in post game TV wrap ups, or in kitchen w dishwasher running; in bathroom w vent fan on high; or in another room talking or texting on phone; or streaming what-ev?

What if, in exiting back door, friends told him – just going out for a ciggie or to stretch legs. No need for Host to alert friends about wrong door. But after ciggies or stretching legs, friends may have succumbed to ____? Whatever CoD.

Personally not drawing conclusions about any of the above possibilities and am open to other alternatives.

(Edited a few phrases for clarity)

Last edited:
I think this could well fit the facts. Perhaps the home-renter noped out of the drug-using part of the day and went upstairs to do his own thing. He may even have disapproved. Perhaps they accidentally locked themselves out (and he, wearing headphones or a VR gaming device, didn't hear them until too late). Even if he went down to the kitchen for food over the next few days, if he had time off or worked from home (which is definitely possible), he would not have gone into the back yard (or the front yard, not when it's cold - and it was getting colder). Many people do not go in and out of their houses every day.

IMO.
Yes. I also think it’s possible he participated but didn’t go outside so while he may have almost been fatal wasn’t because he was in a safer environment. Time and test results will certainly tell.

He says they froze to death. I don't see him saying that he didn't "see the bodies." It seems he did - after the police got there. It seems implicit that he had not seen them before, but he doesn't actually admit or say that to the police, IMO. I bet he said very little. Basically gave opinions such as "They must have frozen to death." Which, if I really didn't see three friends' bodies in my back yard, would have been my first guess too. Although since I now know what temps there were that Jan 7 evening, I wouldn't guess that.

Were the cars in the driveway? Is this a guy who does what some people call "rotting" when he has time off (cocoons up in his bedroom, heats one room, brings a few snacks and stays on the internet and watches movies on TV? Listens to music?) My own little space in our house has snacks in case I want to hole up, although usually both of us are "rotting" on the couch (as we are today). I just learned the word recently.

That lifestyle is quite common in people born after around 1975 or 1980.

The cars were there somewhere, it seems. If they were near the front of the house but not in the driveway, maybe he didn't go into his front yard either.

All opinion. IMO.
That’s a new one for me, and I could see the headline: Man rotted in bedroom while 3 dead friends rotted in yard — just a little comic relief in a very dark and tragic situation. :(

What a sad and strange, baffling case !
RIP to the deceased. :(

I will have to go back and read from the beginning... but I'm assuming there were autopsies conducted, that would have explained how all three managed to be outside, and not : go for help next door (we're locked out and it's cold, can we have you call our families, etc.?) /drive themselves back home/go back in the friend's house/ etc.
Did the friend think they just drove off and left ?

Hope their families will have answers soon !
Omo.

Dogs? Door Usage? Alerting Friends to "Wrong" Door Chosen?
.... I have a dog, a small one. And he with two big dogs? If he doesn’t use the back door, sure seems to me it would occur to him that his friends were going out the wrong door....
snipped for focus @neesaki

Respectfully, as others have posted, not all dogowners use back door to let their dogs in & out of back yard, fenced or unfenced. True for some ppl regardless of weather, season; size & number of dogs, yard conditions, like ice, mud, snow, etc.

If Host or arranged dog-carer routinely took dogs for multiple daily walkies, he MAY never have used back door (virtually or literally) for dogs.
And may have used back door himself on limited basis or seaonally, like mild weather, so, (possibly) not in Jan. 30-35F° days.

That said, did Host alert friends that in exiting at back door, they were using the "wrong" door?

IF Host was awake & not severely cognitively impaired &
IF Host was present in room when they used back door,
IF Host was aware friends were exiting door- after game & their social event was over - leaving to get in their vehicles to go to their respective homes, or elsewhere - a bar? another house? C-store for ciggies, beer?)
THEN likely imo Host would alert them about "wrong" door.

But what if Host was engrossed in post game wrap ups etc, or in kitchen w dishwasher running; in bathroom w vent fan on high; or in another room on a phone call, or texting, streaming what-ev?

What if, in exiting back door, friends told him – just going out for a ciggie or to stretch legs. No need for Host to alert friends about wrong door. But after ciggies or stretching legs, friends may have succumbed to ____? Whatever CoD.

Personally not drawing conclusions about any of the above possibilities and am open to other alternatives.

Yes. I also think it’s possible he participated but didn’t go outside so while he may have almost been fatal wasn’t because he was in a safer environment. Time and test results will certainly tell.
I didn't think MO was that cold, even in Jan. ?
At this time, I'm thinking more like a freakish accident.
Unless there's some bad history going on, it does not feel like foul play ?
Omo.

Do we know the cars were in the driveway? Do we know if the victims had their keys and phones with them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper