MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't we have seen evidence markers on the road from blood drops if he was shot in his hand in the car.... or no?

IMO We haven't seen much of anything. Either has Parks. So, far, all speculation. JMO

But I wonder WHO leaked it was a fracture. It could have come from 'trolls' trying to make OW look bad when it is found to be untrue?

I personally think it is true.

A family friend of Wilson’s told The Washington Post that Wilson suffered a fractured eye socket. Ferguson police have said that Wilson’s face was injured and he needed medical treatment, but they did not go into any detail. On Wednesday night, Ferguson Mayor James Knowles III told Fox News that he could not confirm reports that Wilson suffered a fractured eye bone.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ecutors-have-not-spoken-to-darren-wilson-yet/

That was James Williams Mike Brown's friend's attorney it said below him on the screen. I never saw him before, but he was fired up, not sure about what. Anyone else get why he was so mad?

Because he got called out on a lie he told.

I hesitate to believe it simply because he was in the middle of cutting his grass when he went into hiding. jmo

Officer Wilson was cutting his grass?

I'm confused, but it's early and I'm still on my first cup of coffee

ETA: thanks for the posted article

Originally Posted by Linda7NJ View Post
When you think as a lay person is one thing....
He's a pathologist.

He has autopsied hundreds of people with deadly injuries that aren't visible from the vantage point of that video footage.
Think JonBenet's skull fracture that was unknown until autopsy.

Yeah, Officer Wilson was standing up and walking around & not a bloody mess... He would have no idea by looking at that video alone that Wilson wasn't suffering a severe concussion, orbital fracture, bleeding in his brain, brain swelling.... Etc...

All IMO

Don't those things generally cause symptoms, at least?

I am still catching up with the posts last night so others probably answered...

Orbital fractures, concussions, etc... often won't show symptoms until later. That is why when an individual receives a blow to the head you are supposed to keep an eye on them and not let them sleep for hours unmonitored. (Many years ago one of my Dobermans ran full speed into a sliding glass door, she looked okay but I was worried, the vet said keep checking her thoughout the night, watch for uneven pupil dilation etc... symptoms can appear hours later as the brain starts to swell/bleed).

Well first of all there has to actually be an injury to the face. This is sounding to me like the conclusion has already been made that OW is completely innocent, and are just hoping for evidence to back it up.

Secondly, even if there is an injury to his face, we have to know the context around it. What if he had been pointing his gun at MB first, and then the altercation occurred? That is different than the current storyline which is that MB suddenly and out of nowhere assaulted OW in order to shoot him, I guess because he had a grand master plan for that day to shoot a police officer.

Jmo.

The conclusion also seems to have been made that MB is completely innocent. It's an odd phenomenon, folks can speculate about info and evidence favorable to MB based ONLY on very flimsy witness accounts, but anything favorable to DW is discredited, minimized, or claimed to be false information.

First, there has to be evidence of facial injury. We have that, Balmer's statement. Unless you think the chief of a totally different dept. lied in public, risking his rep if he made it up. So, intellectually, saying we don't know if there is a facial injury is disengenuous.

Then, it's context of facial injury. Any supposition that the face injury was from a punch and there are cat calls that people have concluded DW is innocent and hoping for evidence to support. Any supposition it was from the car door bouncing back is believed as gospel, even as the witnesses have been more or less discredited and shown as liars.

There is far more information to suppose Wilson was justified than excessive in force at this time. As far as legal matters before the GJ, yes, we should wait. As far as matters here for discussion, I fail to see why some insist on the snarky comments that people have concluded Wilson is innocent and folks are hoping for evidence to prove it. So far, every piece of information has been more favorable to DW than Mike Brown, save for the very shaky witnesses who can't pass my smell test, much less a veteran investigator or trial lawyer.

I have no dog in this fight, if Wilson is guilty, string him up. But if he's not, let's not convict him to gain retribution for social injustices that are totally unrelated. One question to ponder...if the cop was just looking to bust a cap in someone, why the gentle giant and not Dorian? Why the guy who stole the smokes, flashed gang signs, and was much tougher to tangle with? Seems to me Dorian was the much easier mark and the primary negotiator according to DJ himself. So, why Mike?

I am not worried so much about the fracture. I want to know if there were fingerprints or DNA from MB on the gun. That would be a big deal. If the grand jury could see that there really was a struggle for the gun, that would be a major plus for the officer.

I'm leaning toward MB's blood being on Officer Wilson's gun

I'm leaning toward MB's blood being on Officer Wilson's gun

Well if that wound is from getting caught by the slide then yup, blood and plenty of skin bits too.

The firearm experts claim you should have your grip as high up on the grip of a handgun as possible for better control, I personally won't do it as I am too worried about touching the slide accidentally even from beneath. Once bit, twice shy.

They could register to vote

JMO If they have a valid address (proven by utility bill) and picture ID (proven by drivers license or passport). That eliminates a whole lot of economically distressed citizens, in my humble opinion.

Stood over him and emptied his clip into him?

Shot him because his hands were in his pocket?

:facepalm:

and he was only 17 with hands up ..where did all this erroneous detail come from? its a wonder they didnt have a riot right there. those cops on the scene look very nervous.

Linda, I had to log into to my FB account to view it.

JMO If they have a valid address (proven by utility bill) and picture ID (proven by drivers license or passport). That eliminates a whole lot of economically distressed citizens, in my humble opinion.

http://ballotpedia.org/Voting_in_Missouri
<BBM for Focus>

To vote in Missouri, you must meet the following requirements:[1]
17.5 years of age to register, 18 years of age to vote
US Citizen
Missouri Resident

Voters must present a document to prove their identity before voting. Valid documents include: a driver's license or state-issued ID card, a U.S. passport or a copy of a utility bill, bank statement or paycheck.[2]

From your link:

Now there are cries of "no justice, no peace" as evening vigils turn violent, with rioting and looting. "Justice," it seems in this context, can only be found if the officer is convicted of murder. If facts show the shooting to be justifiable, it will not be seen as justice by those making the demands.

In addition to it "not being seen as justice" if there is no indictment some folks are going to be especially peeved by the fact that many many folks have shown support for Off. Wilson online.

Officer Wilson will likely be in a position to buy a house and pay for it in cash when this is over.

In NC, when the 'economically distressed' apply for assistance, such as food stamps, Medicaid, etc. they are given the option to register to vote. Just saying...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper