MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I followed your wonderful directions to get a clear picture in my mind of the scene and distances. It looks like 100+ feet from the rear of the police car to MB's body when I measure using google Earth map of the street. Is that what it looks like to you? MB's body was laying in the dip of the sidewalk where the big tree is shading the street, I believe. That's farther than I thought the distance b/n MB and OW's car was, so if I measured correctly, it looks like OW ran after MB for quite a way if it's true he was 35 ft (or was it 20 ft?) away when he shot MB.

That's a clever observation, I hadn't thought of that. Stellar!

Fuhrman: if authenticated, the audio both corroborates and impeaches various witnesses. OW has to account for every shot fired. it all must mesh. audio provides number and pacing. you don't just fire until weapon is empty. time needed for assessment: is target advancing? is stopping/killing not complete? pacing integral to OW's statements. can be argued either way. OW then was isolated at station, tape-recorded (and filmed? missed that). his numbers, trajectories, must match CS evidence. this audio could corroborate OW's account

Maybe it did corroborate OW's account, and that's why we went from *Bombshell* for most of the day, to Brown Family attorney, Parks', trying to discredit its authenticity this afternoon? :hmmm:

Just a thought... We'll see if he's still brushing it off tomorrow.

(I swear, I've come to more conclusions based on his statements and obvious evasions than anyone else's. :lol: )

Or, in my case, squeeze your breasts for running a red light.

But since I was guilty of a traffic violation, I deserved whatever a LEO decided to give me. I did not have proper respect for his position as my superior. So my body was the price I was required to pay. Although I still had to pay the ticket. And I was in college and my parents believed the cops, not me, their daughter. So I had no backup.

I will say, the sexual assault (and yes it WAS) did the trick! I have never had another traffic violation. And all it took was my dignity and sense of self. So yay. I learned up my lesson good. I never again spoke up against men who crossed lines without my consent, and also I now do whatever LE tells me to do.

But at least I am alive and free. Sort of. Except that I feel like I never should speak up when I feel sexually put-upon. Because part of me still feels like I deserve it. After 20 years. I worry for my own daughter. I wish I could tell her to go with her gut and NOT obey someone just because they wear a badge. But I am still so frightened by my experience. She will likely end up a victim like me. And I feel ashamed. Yet, hopefully she will not be shot or molested. I guess that is better than being dead.

Is this really the mentality we want? I know I wish I could move past it. But the reality is that people in authority often abuse that trust, and preaching that "if you don't obey LE, no matter what, you deserve what happens to you" is just wrong, and so very damaging.

IMO and in my EXPERIENCE.

Two words come to mind: Cara Knott.

ETA: Her killer gets the wikipedia entry. She doesn't have one. Disgusting.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craig_Peyer

Ch Belmar didn't say OW backed the car up in this interview shortly after the shooting. He describes it as OW pulled up to them, asked them to get on the sidewalk, one complied, the other did not. When OW got out of the car they pushed him back in and the altercation began.
Not sure whether OW did back up or not, or even if it's relevant. But I have always thought Josie's story 3rd hand, could have been slightly different than OW's in such details...

Here is C Belmar at 3:10 in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbCu8DQUPeU

I found an hour and 50 min that was uploaded to YouTube. A quick YouTube search for "Mike Brown scanner" brings up a list. Look for the one that is 1:50:57

All posts are MOO

LOL she was on him. I bet her husband hates being on the receiving end!!
no doubt. I bet she has one of the best-behaved husbands on the planet

Maybe it did corroborate OW's account, and that's why we went from *Bombshell* for most of the day, to Brown Family attorney, Parks', trying to discredit it's authenticity this afternoon? :hmmm:
Just a thought... We'll see if he's still brushing it off tomorrow.
(I swear, I've come to more conclusions based on his statements and obvious evasions than anyone else's. :lol: )
"you don't need a Weatherman to know which way the wind blows"

Ch Belmar didn't say OW backed the car up in this interview shortly after the shooting. He describes it as OW pulled up to them, asked them to get on the sidewalk, one complied, the other did not. When OW got out of the car they pushed him back in and the altercation began.
Not sure whether OW did back up or not, or even if it's relevant. But I have always thought Josie's story 3rd hand, could have been slightly different than OW's in such details...

Here is C Belmar at 3:10 in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbCu8DQUPeU
Thanks, and I agree; all that matters is that the chief has been straight, and he has, from everything I've seen.

no doubt. I bet she has one of the best-behaved husbands on the planet

"you don't need a Weatherman to know which way the wind blows"

I saw an interview with her husband. He is very handsome, obviously. And a novelist. Also a stay at home dad with their kids. I think they have 3 little ones now.

On that vid, I heard Paiget say that OW RAN after MB (not stood by the SUV shooting as some posters where assuming). But then, she also stated that MB had his hands up. Then, another witness (the guy who was taking video while LE was taping the area off talking to a bystander) said that MB turned and RAN towards OW.

I would hate to be on the GJ sheesh!

just watched NG show again. Can't believe how Darryl Parks doing a 180 on this audio tape.

" well Nancy, just want to be cautious, until this is authenticated...we know there is report of a first shot in the car...dont know where that would be on here..."

agreed, but I do think unless he can show there was a scuffle in the car, OW cannot justify shooting after him. He needs to show he thought Brown was a danger to the community.

No he doesn't. (Although it's clear that MB WAS a danger to the community)

“A law enforcement officer in effecting an arrest or in preventing an escape from custody is justified in using deadly force only …. when he reasonably believes that such use of deadly force is immediately necessary to effect the arrest and also reasonably believes that the person to be arrested (a) has committed or attempted to commit a felony; or (b) is attempting to escape by use of a deadly weapon; or (c) may otherwise endanger life or inflict serious physical injury unless arrested without delay.”

http://news.stlpublicradio.org/post/...-ferguson-case

Hey now!

New news is the "you are pretty, so fine" recording is being questioned by Parks regarding it's authenticity.

Since we don't know that gentleman's name, I think he should be henceforth referred to as "Frisky".

Judge Alex also said, officers are trained to stop, not to kill right away. That's why they aim for the body mass, where the organs are. That usually gets a suspect to stop. It also avoids to shoot bystanders (aiming for the body mass) instead of trying to shoot at the arms or legs.

However, he also explains when an officer has to shoot to defend his life, he often jerks the gun while pointing at the attacker, and that might be a reason why he misses the body mass.

Sunni H. was constantly interrupting everyone. I wished someone would just shut her up! LOL

Remind me to never be at the range when Judge Alex is there... or in close proximity.. :smh:

Agree and disagree. The threat can be to himself or the community. The point I would add is simply saying it, isn't enough. That belief has to be reasonable.

Link please.

Unfortunately, I don't think the FPD saw this thing blowing up and didn't get out in front of it as much as they could have.

They probably didn't see it blowing up because they couldn't imagine that something so justifiable would blow up and that people would willfully ignore such obvious truth. One generally doesn't think about going into defensive mode when he/she wasn't doing anything wrong to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Houndgirl2003