MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
AGREE And we have no way of knowing if any of the witnesses was under the influence of illegal substances. JMO

Really? Guess I should have expected that comment when we heard there were possibly 11-12 witnesses, LOL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-wlDI6hg18 = DJ with Al Sharpton

Just listened to the first half of DJ's fairytale again, and there are too many absurdities to mention in one post. But here's how DJ describes the "altercation" at the car:

(keeping in mind DJ claims both he and MB's hands were "filled with cigarillos" at the time)

Scene 1: MB/DJ walking down Canfield in the middle of a busy road.

"We see the officer coming. When he get to the side of us, right at the driver door, he tell us to get off the road-onto sidewalk 'in a real aggressive manner' ... At that time my friend Big Mike didn't speak at all ... I said, "Officer, we're less than a minute away from our destination ... And we continued to walk, because I was under the impression that the officer was gonna drive off.

"We hear the car stop." [DJ just said they left DW- no mention of DW driving off] We hear ... it reverse rapidly, he rushed in a way .. we had to step back outta the way, or he'd 've hit us. Now his car is 'slanted' [as shown in pics] and we're face to face at his driver door [impossible]. The officer was so close us, he tried to push his door open so aggressively [DW wasn't okay with them ignoring his order and walking off before he was done with them?] it [DW car door] didn't get a full inch out before it hit [MB] and bounced back on him [DW]. In almost an instant, his [DW] arm came out the window and grabbed my friend around the neck.

DJ: "He wasn't ready for the speed he opened his door [an inch?], so it wasn't like we braced ourselves. It really bounced back on the officer. ... [MB] is angry. He have a frowny face, but is not an aggressive person. .... Officer trying to pull [MB] through the window. [there's struggle DJ describes like tug of war with DW pulling MB's body to the car using his left arm/hand grabbing whatever of MB he could grab, [and was MB using his arms/hands in return? No, because both MB and DJ's hands were "filled with cigarillos"]. Finally, MB broke DW's grip on his neck enough to turn to DJ and say, "Hold these" [cigarillos filling both his hands] and DJ "took them outta his hands". [Perhaps noting MB's hands were now free and his face was very, very frowny], DW said, "I'm 'a shoot". And sure enough DJ looked down and was surprised to be staring at a gun barrel, as he expected to see a tazer, when, "Almost a second later the gun went off."

:sigh: "hold these"

Seriously?

This is a fact according to Ferguson Police Chief Thomas Jackson. If you have a link to prove otherwise please feel free to post it. I hope this settles the circular discussion as to whether or not Officer Wilson was injured.

At a news conference Friday with Ferguson Police Chief Thomas Jackson we learned the officer suffered facial injuries in a struggle with Michael Brown.

http://fox2now.com/2014/08/15/who-i...ing-about-the-officer-who-shot-michael-brown/

I think that 4 hours is too long.
I don't see a reason for it.

You don't see a reason for it? What would the reason be other than they were short on ME's and Coroners that could clear a crime scene. It has already been linked upthread that there was a large multi-victim accident scene in the same county earlier.

Are you implying there was some nefarious reason, or some maliciousness involved in not getting a coroner on the scene with the hour?

:sigh: "hold these"

Seriously?

My favorite parts ...

How OW sat in his car for 2-3 minutes..before getting out!

Door open one inch ...hit them so hard and bounced bavk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^^THAT^^^ MB would have to have reached over to OW's right side, through the window, between the steering wheel and OW, and unsnapped the holster to get the gun. Was it possible? Maybe, but NOT likely.

Or the car door was open, as DW's account reportedly is that MB/they "pushed him back into the car" [but likely not upright/seated] and Daryl Parks told NG he'd been told Ofc. Wilson "was still partially in the car". If so, the gun was right there - no window involved.

Why in the world do these people want to cause so much trouble for everyone.

How does this help?

All this does is make him look like someone who intimidates and bullies others. Why all the strong armed tactics to get other people to do as they want/demand? That is as bad as intimidating a witness in a criminal case to say what you want them to say even though they would be lying. Why aren't these people willing to wait for all the facts to come out?

What about the truth? Don't they want to know the real truth about what really happened even if it is what they think or not what they think happened?

Gah, I don't understand any of this intimidation and threats that have been made throughout this case.:(

Whatever happened IUPG? Do they think it doesn't apply to OW? Everyone in this country has to wait for the investigation to be completed so I don't understand why they don't think the rules applies to them.

Why are they wanting to intimidate the Governor into calling in someone else? Has this DA ever been accused of being unfair before this? It sure seems to me like they are worried there isn't going to be an indictment........if not, then why all the threats and intimidation tactics? I guess they are wanting to blame it on the DA if the GJ doesn't do as they demand they do. So what if they get another Prosecutor in there and the GJ doesn't indict? What then? Who's fault will it be then?

IMO

Not sure it this "proves" he is unfair (depends on your perspective) but McCulloch DOES have a history of upholding grand jury "no bills" on police officer shootings. This does worry me, and make me think an indictment is unlikely if the grand jury proceeds. Not because of the facts, per se, but who controls the facts and molds the opinion of the jurors (the prosecutor). McCulloch has also expressed political opinions on this specific case to the media:

"McCulloch decried Missouri Governor Jay Nixon’s decision to pull the St. Louis County Police out of Ferguson and put the State Highway Patrol in charge, even after the local force’s response to the protests turned Ferguson into a war zone. “To denigrate the men and women of the county police department is shameful,” he said."

http://www.newsweek.com/ferguson-prosecutor-robert-p-mccullochs-long-history-siding-police-267357

Newsweek is MSM, I sure hope!

I've been listening to this all day. Very sad, they can't see the forest, for the trees. Hate and invective all afternoon long have spewed from the protestors mouths.
Yep... now LE have body cams on so if something happens we will all know what is what.

What I am wondering at this point is: At what point does Freedom Of Speech not infringe on other citizen's right to not have their "peace" disturbed? I'm sure this city has disturbing the peace ordinances. There are people that live in this area who are afraid to go to the grocery store. Businesses who cannot conduct business. So much money lost from the small businesses. Why can they not take their rally to a football field or an area as to not penalize the people of the community? I don't get it? When is enough enough?

JMO's

I'm sure that's a very easy statement to make tucked safely at home...

I don't doubt for an instant that Wilson feared Brown. He had every reason to. I can certainly empathize with that.

IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Totally agree Linda. It's kinda hard to "de-escalate" something when a person smashes you in the face and tries to take your weapon.

Wilson was in undoubtedly in fear for his safety--his LIFE, and had to react quickly to save himself and the community from imminent danger, IMO.

I disagree, the only thing that matters with regards to MB are his actions. What was going on in his head is completely irrelevant. IMO

Agreeing, to a degree.

'What matters with regards to MB are his actions' as LE W observed and reacted to them (hopefully in accordance w FPD protocol).
'What was going on in his head is completely irrelevant' except in so far as MB's thoughts become MB's actions.

The problem is he was not a fleeing felon. Not at that point. He was possibly a guy who took some cigars and pushed a clerk. And he had the right to a fair trial to decide his fate.

He was a felon when he punched Wilson in the face and tried to take his gun.

I believe LE when they stated these facts. I'm 100% positive they have PROOF of the above. They are facts to me, not speculation or "rumor"

Thanks. It's an opinion piece from a lawyer.

The law is the law is the law. O'Mara knows that and so do I.

From the case you linked :

The Tennessee statute is unconstitutional insofar as it authorizes the use of deadly force against, as in this case, an apparently unarmed, nondangerous fleeing suspect; such force may not be used unless necessary to prevent the escape and the officer has probable cause to believe that the suspect poses a significant threat of death or serious physical injury to the officer or others. Pp. 7-22. [471 U.S. 1, 2]

Totally agree Linda. It's kinda hard to "de-escalate" something when a person smashes you in the face and tries to take your weapon.

Wilson was in undoubtedly in fear for his safety--his LIFE, and had to react quickly to save himself and the community from imminent danger, IMO.

This poor mother doesn't really understand how anyone could be afraid of her son.

“How could you be afeared by somebody that’s not even coming at you. How? There’s a lot of big men in here and I’m not afeared.”

McSpadden said she is frustrated with the pace of the investigation, and no one from law enforcement has called to explain anything.

“We don’t know what happened. We don’t know what happened. We only hear what they’re saying. And everything that I’ve seen is loops and holes and missing pieces,” she said.
http://stlouis.cbslocal.com/2014/08/13/browns-mother-we-dont-know-what-happened/

or the car door was open, as dw's account reportedly is that mb/they "pushed him back into the car" [but likely not upright/seated] and daryl parks told ng he'd been told ofc. Wilson "was still partially in the car". If so, the gun was right there - no window involved.

thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member