MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #15

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That was 'shorthand' for the officers version, which includes the forensics, and their corroborating witnesses. In the MB case. the police version is going to be, in my opinion, corroborated by things like MB's prints on the gun, injuries to the officers face, AND eye witnesses who saw the struggle, up close. Thus the term 'officers version' includes forensics and eye witnesses.

So because a few people, who huddled together AFTER the incident, and took video AFTER the shooting was well over, then come forward to tell their story, it does not mean they are credible.

I don't always automatically take an officers word as gospel. They have been known to lie and to cover and deflect. But it is not a racial thing, imo.
Your hypothetical seemed to be implying that we were discounting these witnesses on a racial bias. jmo

I got ya. That makes more sense and why I asked. I read it as only meaning OW's statement of events, which I probably mistakenly read into it. I agree about the forensics and the crime scene analysis though.

And no, quite honestly, race never crossed my mind when asking. I'm sure there will be witnesses that are black that are for MB and for OW. I'm sure there will be witnesses (maybe not eye witnesses, but witnesses) that are white that are for MB and for OW. Truly wasn't thinking race at all.

No, I don't because he does not state it as a fact. He makes it clear that he got some info from some 'police sources' but to find out about the TRUTH he filed the lawsuit. JMO.

Meh. I think everyone is throwing around the term loosely. Too much so in my opinion. But it is what it is and the flowery words, whether it's Crump or Johnson, are meant to grab headlines or clicks. From my perspective they are all doing the same thing. One just has police sources and the other has community sources and the judicial system is being used in each instance to try to get closer to the truth.

A question if I may. If MB was "unarmed and therefore not a threat," why couldn't the store clerk make him leave the cigars in the store?

Are you offended that someone brought up the fact that cops don't always shoot people that are armed and disobedient?

No. Not quite sure where your post is coming from. Why would you think I'd be offended?

Upthread our Mods asked us to keep on topic.

Update: Guys, it will probably be tomorrow before I can open the PL thread. Lambchop had to sign off for the night. She gave me some good info but I need to talk to her again and get some specific links for the opening post. It might seem minor but it is important re. moderation, topical stuff. Thanks in advance for your patience.

The Parking Lot thread will be linked here as soon as it is opened. Until then, please stay on topic - Michael Brown, specifically.

Bumping for Fortwarrior

The investigative journalist who has gone to court to get MB's juvie records unsealed has an exclusive up on his website tonight "What We Found On #MichaelBrown’s Instagram Account" ( I don't think that I can link to the site since it is not considered MSM but I am sure most on here will know how to find it).

I believe that this is new information on MB and it paints a picture in stark contrast to the "gentle giant" image pushed by the family of MB and the msm.

For example MB writes “My Hands My Ammunition” and “I’m Out Here To Claim What’s Mines,” and..."long story short #IDGAF" For those trying to figure out the hashtag the first three letters stand for " I don't give...." ;)

His Instagram accounts shows him flashing gang signs. Overall the impression is that of a violent .

Saw that yesterday. Didn't think it was worth posting about. The dude is absolutely stretching.

Sounds like typical rap lyrics... And so many young kids flash the gang signs and middle finger in their pics. I really think it's a cultural thing. Rappers act like they're thugs- I know, it's jarring to see and hear, but it's how a lot of kids like to act: full gangsta! All moo, of course, as I duck :-)

I agree. My own kids do that crap and they are as far from gangsta or hood as a kid can get. Don't care for it personally, but I think it's a stretch to take anything meaningful out of it.

Well, one thing is for sure is that they had extra staff available because there weren't people acting like fools all over the city.

Huh? Look at Kalamazoo. Tough tough place

There are allegations the the FPD has acted in violation of federal civil rights laws. The justice department, the agency responsible for enforcing these laws has started an investigation. This investigation will not be done by the AG, it will be handled by the professional staff of the DOJ. If the allegations are nothing but hot air, FPD will get a clean bill of health and perhaps some advice on how to improve relations with the community. If the investigation finds violations that merit civil or criminal action, the information will be turned over to a federal prosecutor.

I don't expect any prosecution as a result of the DOJ investigation. What I see is maybe some sort of mandated or agreed to changes in practices and procedures. Worst case scenario I suppose is that the FPD is disbanded and replaced by the County.

Well, when they do something like assault a store clerk and a police officer, you can be sure the fact that they post violent lyrics will be looked at. And rightly so, IMO.

IMHO the lyrics are meaningless. Actions are not meaningless. Assaulting a store clerk is relevant. Lyrics or words...not so much.

I just removed a group of posts that were off topic. This is the Michael Brown case and not a thread of other police cases. Every situation is different and not comparable to this case or the information that is available to us at this time. Please stay on topic.

Also please remember racial issues regarding this case can be discussed but going into an off topic discussion about racial issues is off-topic. Just to be clear.

A question if I may. If MB was "unarmed and therefore not a threat," why couldn't the store clerk make him leave the cigars in the store?

Maybe for the same reason that the advice in any establishment or even to any person being robbed, "Give them the purse, money, whatever."

Maybe for the same reason that the advice in any establishment or even to any person being robbed, "Give them the purse, money, whatever."

So OW should have allowed MB to beat him to a pulp, or worse?

Meh. I think everyone is throwing around the term loosely. Too much so in my opinion. But it is what it is and the flowery words, whether it's Crump or Johnson, are meant to grab headlines or clicks. From my perspective they are all doing the same thing. One just has police sources and the other has community sources and the judicial system is being used in each instance to try to get closer to the truth.

I respectfully disagree.

Crump & Co told flat out lies to get those headlines and the attention of people. Like "MB was shot in the back". Just last night I read some of the comments made on a website we are not supposed to link here. Some people STILL clinch to those fetching headlines made by Crump & Co despite quite some FACTS came out in the meantime.

I don't agree with everything Johnson posts on his website. He is very controversial and bold. However, at least he backs up some of his claims.

JMO.

JMO I can not go along with "it's just lyrics" or "it's what all kids do". I don't know a single person that would randomly post words to a song if it didn't have meaning to them. JMO

Agreed, and if I may add: THAT is part of the problem. (people saying what I bolded in your post) IMO

Unless of course you happen to have a firearm handy and you are pretty sure you can shoot them dead before they injure you. Just remember "you were in fear for your life" and don't say another word until your attorney arrives.

We are considering a thread in the private area to discuss some of the off topic issues that you all seem to want to discuss on this thread. Discussions involving issues regarding the DOJ investigation into the Ferguson Police Department and other issues that are important if we are to understand what is happening in America today. Please be mindful while you are posting in this thread that posting respectfully helps us understand some of those issues and problems. Disrespect gets us a minute or two on the thread before it is removed and serves no purpose.

Think before you post and let's try to move forward instead of backwards.

I don't expect any prosecution as a result of the DOJ investigation. What I see is maybe some sort of mandated or agreed to changes in practices and procedures. Worst case scenario I suppose is that the FPD is disbanded and replaced by the County.

I am wondering when we are going to require that certain communities provide PROOF, before we put resources and manpower into these investigations. I mean the POLICE need some kind of probable cause before doing certain thing, but for example, the INVESTIGATION by the county police is not complete yet, however THAT investigation is being INVESTIGATED for not being done right.

If a witness saw Wilson shooting at Brown while Brown was running away, and saw Brown reacting to the shot, how would they describe this event?

If you understand how human perception works, you know that our minds fill in details we may not directly observe. At the same time, we often fail to notice things that don't fit in with what we are observing at the time. As a result, if there are ten witnesses to an event you should expect 10 different descriptions of what happened none of which will be entirely correct.

We are considering a thread in the private area to discuss some of the off topic issues that you all seem to want to discuss on this thread. Discussions involving issues regarding the DOJ investigation into the Ferguson Police Department and other issues that are important if we are to understand what is happening in America today. Please be mindful while you are posting in this thread that posting respectfully helps us understand some of those issues and problems. Disrespect gets us a minute or two on the thread before it is removed and serves no purpose.

Think before you post and let's try to move forward instead of backwards.

What the deal with that radio show that occurred the day after the shooting where "witness" caller also described Brown turning around and running back toward Wilson?
There was also a juicy alleged tidbit on Browns friend DJ.,,
Can we discuss that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics