MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone explain Shahid's accessories?
I suppose the noose references KKK, but is there some significance for the yards & yards of rope?
He speaks against LE yet is wearing a police hat?
Shirts appear to be custom print "scenes."
What about the stuffed dog & other things?

No, you can see him pull up. But the videographer is standing across the street filming, you see the protestors giving drivers high fives/handshakes. Protestors are lined up across the street so no one can get through, blocking traffic. Then we see a blue car which tries to turn around and is blocked so as the black SUV pulls up the blue car backs up and the SUV seems to move forward as if he was afraid the blue car would back into him (that's what I think I got from that). Next thing you know everyone is rushing over to the black SUV and the photographer moves also. They start taking pictures of the plate number. I do not see where the backpack guy came anywhere near the SUV's tire because he was in front of the car not on the side when they all decided they needed to take pictures of his marker number.

What I got was he was the first lone male driver that was the designated victim because he fit what they needed. No other witnesses in his car. It was as if they spotted him and they were off physically blocking him in. What they did not know was that the man's name was Cohn, totally opposite of what they had hoped to achieve. And then the memorialized it on film. jmo

So targeted due to fitting the demographic rather than what job he held, for example. Gotcha. Well thought out and likely, IMO.

I suppose the noose references KKK, but is there some significance for the yards & yards of rope?

Some of his costuming is explained in this 2003 article. I have no idea what he's holding in his hand today??

Yeah, I didn't go to the second, but did link and use the FPD document release. Disagree on the sheet timing, per other sources. If the video times can be verified, that's helpful information.

The detailed to the second part is not critical mass, just easier for me to use the report time stamps and the various video lengths. The times I arrived at regarding the sheet placement are based on the arrival of the 5th car @ 2:23 of BC video. I was unable to see a 5th police vehicle anywhere in the area, so I assumed that to be the STLCO Dellwood vehicle at time stamp 12:16:23. I posted this so people could help with info they may have (photos, videos, etc) that can help me nail it down on places where I may have erred, so I have no issues admitting mistakes in calculations or assumptions. For example...

Wilson's car is obvious in middle of street.
Second officer's SUV is along near curb to left at very start of BC video
Third officer is along opposite curb in Brady's video, who then parked at east end to block off Canfield from the East
Fourth officer originally pulled into Piaget's parking lot in BC video, then moved it to block Canfield from west near Wilson's SUV as seen in Piaget's balcony video
Assume the unmarked or blue car is the 5th vehicle to arrive, as I can see no other LE vehicles on scene until those two arrive

This article from The STL American (local publication) explains Shahid's various accessories.

http://www.stlamerican.com/business/local_business/article_f50e5020-28be-11e4-9dec-001a4bcf887a.html

I'm not sure where you get the idea that the people I'm referring to are somehow unintelligent? They are misguided for sure, but they certainly are not stupid. Doctor and Lawyer was a euphamism for "professional". Unfortunately, in this community (and in many others like it), young AA males are more likely to aspire to be the next rap artist or pro football player than they are to aspire to be CEO of a company, an accountant, or yes, a doctor/lawyer. Their IQ is not a factor in this equation. Role models, and a belief in themselves, coupled with support (or lack thereof) from their community is.

I worked for a free tutoring program in the 90's and early 2000's. We worked with 'At Risk' youth. For 6 of those years I worked at Jefferson High in South Central LA. Before that I worked in a middle class high school in the suburbs of LA. BIg differences but not in IQ. Just in basic skills. So many of the kids at Jefferson were very intelligent, very sharp, but had very low reading comprehension and very low math skills. And it is very hard to build that up when you are already 16 or 17.Those are things that need to be laid down at 6, 7, 8, and 9 yrs old. And that is why the early home life is so crucial. Someone needs to help them with homework and help them learn to read correctly and to understand basic multiplication tables and principles of math.

I would like to lay the blame on the elementary teachers but I don't think I can. All of the ones I have met and worked with tried very hard. But there is only so much one can do. You can give them the work and the lessons, but cant make them learn. Only the parents/families can do that. jmo

Was it ever verified if the driver was arrested, who he was, what the charge was, if so?

I read that his last name is Cohn. Folks calling him KKK and such well.....not a good strategy if you want the media to stay on your side. Peeving off Semitics (Arabs, Jews, etc...) is never a good idea.

I often ask the young people I work with: "How many old drug dealers do you know?" The answer is none. There's a reason for that. These young men have been brainwashed into believing that their lives mean nothing. Unfortunately, many of their own families perpetuate this- we all know the stats of the single mother homes. No one seems to care about these kids, so they bind together, look to each other, and THINK they're replacing the family they never had with each other. What they're doing is holding each other back, and writing their own tickets to prison and death. A young man said yesterday at the town hall- and he was dead serious, and full of emotion- "I would rather die and go to hell than call 911 if there was an emergency at my home." Just think about that for a minute. What in the world happened to make him feel that way? Unfortunately, this is a multi-generational problem, and an entire subset of our community lives an existence that lacks hope. WE know there's a better way. They see doctors and lawyers all around them, but they don't believe that option is open to them. My goal isn't to pick sides or race bait. My goal is to teach them that they can be better, can do better. I don't know how else to do that without also hearing them out. I'm not preaching at them, I'm working with them.

And they are blessed for your presence. I can feel the passion that you have in this post, and I wish you well in your delivery. In all seriousness, you should consider running for a local office, for it is this type of sense of acknowledgement and understanding that will lead to change. Good luck!

I orginally posted that photo of what appears to be OW with a county officer and a woman with yellow hair. I have come to believe that is not OW and was not taken when he testified before the GJ. I have seen a larger version of that photo which shows it was taken at the crime scene due to the crime scene tape. OW was not wearing a black t-shirt under his uniform, had a shoulder mike on and also had different patches on his sleeves.

Duh! I'm sorry, I should have been more specific because it has 4 pictures in one. I meant the head shot picture in the upper left hand side. I haven't seen that one before.

I worked for a free tutoring program in the 90's and early 2000's. We worked with 'At Risk' youth. For 6 of those years I worked at Jefferson High in South Central LA. Before that I worked in a middle class high school in the suburbs of LA. BIg differences but not in IQ. Just in basic skills. So many of the kids at Jefferson were very intelligent, very sharp, but had very low reading comprehension and very low math skills. And it is very hard to build that up when you are already 16 or 17.Those are things that need to be laid down at 6, 7, 8, and 9 yrs old. And that is why the early home life is so crucial. Someone needs to help them with homework and help them learn to read correctly and to understand basic multiplication tables and principles of math.

I would like to lay the blame on the elementary teachers but I don't think I can. All of the ones I have met and worked with tried very hard. But there is only so much one can do. You can give them the work and the lessons, but cant make them learn. Only the parents/families can do that. jmo

Yes, sadly many are "behind" because they weren't given a chance as children. As you said, nothing to do with IQ or intelligence in general.

The detailed to the second part is not critical mass, just easier for me to use the report time stamps and the various video lengths. The times I arrived at regarding the sheet placement are based on the arrival of the 5th car @ 2:23 of BC video. I was unable to see a 5th police vehicle anywhere in the area, so I assumed that to be the STLCO Dellwood vehicle at time stamp 12:16:23. I posted this so people could help with info they may have (photos, videos, etc) that can help me nail it down on places where I may have erred, so I have no issues admitting mistakes in calculations or assumptions. For example...

Wilson's car is obvious in middle of street.
Second officer's SUV is along near curb to left at very start of BC video
Third officer is along opposite curb in Brady's video, who then parked at east end to block off Canfield from the East
Fourth officer originally pulled into Piaget's parking lot in BC video, then moved it to block Canfield from west near Wilson's SUV as seen in Piaget's balcony video
Assume the unmarked or blue car is the 5th vehicle to arrive, as I can see no other LE vehicles on scene until those two arrive

It's great you can do the detailed video and physical location analysis. Thank you! Loved your thorough posts about witnesses.

And they are blessed for your presence. I can feel the passion that you have in this post, and I wish you well in your delivery. In all seriousness, you should consider running for a local office, for it is this type of sense of acknowledgement and understanding that will lead to change. Good luck!

MUCH appreciated, but I could never run for local office! Way too many skeletons in my closet! LOL!

Off topic a little but could MB have suffered from undiagnosed dyslexia?

As with other learning disabilities, dyslexia is a lifelong challenge that people are born with. This language processing disorder can hinder reading, writing, spelling and sometimes even speaking. Dyslexia is not a sign of poor intelligence or laziness. It is also not the result of impaired vision. Children and adults with dyslexia simply have a neurological disorder that causes their brains to process and interpret information differently.

http://www.ncld.org/types-learning-disabilities/dyslexia/what-is-dyslexia

Yes, sadly many are "behind" because they weren't given a chance as children. As you said, nothing to do with IQ or intelligence in general.

BBM

OK< here is where we get down to the nitty gritty. They 'weren't given a chance' as children. So the question is, WHO did not give them a chance? I have to say that in many cases, it was their own families that did not give them a chance. Not 'white power structures' that did not give them a chance. They were given the opportunity for a free education. I think the limitations from their own families is what prevented them from succeeding in many cases, if not most. jmo :cow:

Off topic a little but could MB have suffered from undiagnosed dyslexia?

As with other learning disabilities, dyslexia is a lifelong challenge that people are born with. This language processing disorder can hinder reading, writing, spelling and sometimes even speaking. Dyslexia is not a sign of poor intelligence or laziness. It is also not the result of impaired vision. Children and adults with dyslexia simply have a neurological disorder that causes their brains to process and interpret information differently.

http://www.ncld.org/types-learning-disabilities/dyslexia/what-is-dyslexia

Possibly. It would depend upon his elementary school. If he stayed in one long enough they should have picked that up. But if he moved schools a lot in early years it might have been lost in the shuffle.

BBM

OK< here is where we get down to the nitty gritty. They 'weren't given a chance' as children. So the question is, WHO did not give them a chance? I have to say that in many cases, it was their own families that did not give them a chance. Not 'white power structures' that did not give them a chance. They were given the opportunity for a free education. I think the limitations from their own families is what prevented them from succeeding in many cases, if not most. jmo :cow:

I agree fully. Many of the people we're talking about had no family to speak of- or rather, no family who looked out for them and required excellence. Our schools are over-burdened as it is. It is not the job of an educator to raise our sons and daughters for us. At the same time, using Ferguson as an example, even when they go to school, they're not getting a world-class education. The school district isn't even accredited. That isn't the fault of the families, the students or the teachers. That's the fault of a corrupt school board that mismanaged funds and bankrupted itself. These kids were failed at various levels by various people, for various reasons. Like many of the local politicians today, too many of those who should have been looking out for our youth were instead looking out for themselves- be it their own bottom lines financially, or their own careers. At no point was the focus where it was supposed to be- on these kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member