MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a link to a new article about why MB's body was in the street for several hours. It gives explanations for the police actions and the reasons people are upset.
Baden should stay out of a discussion regarding police procedure and their particular way of securing and working a crime scene, imo.
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/24/u...ys-timeline-4-hours-on-a-ferguson-street.html

"Around 12:10, a paramedic who happened to be nearby on another call approached Mr. Brown’s body, checked for a pulse, and observed the blood and “injuries incompatible with life,” said his supervisor, Chris Cebollero, the chief of emergency medical services at Christian Hospital. He estimated that it had been around 12:15 when the paramedic got a sheet from an ambulance and covered Mr. Brown."

His vision was probably impaired from being punched in the face. He couldn't even hit center mass ( and a lot of it) from a short distance. I doubt he had time to holster his gun, pull out a taser, and try to use that. He did what he had to do.

What about letting MB walk away, which he apparently WAS doing? Or calling for backup and arresting MB? Why we're shooting OR tazing necessary, given the facts we currently know?

For some really interesting Baden info some should google Baden & Ed Koch and Baden and Morgenthau and Baden and Suffolk County, NY.
He has some blemishes on his record but they seem to have been overlooked due to his current celebrity status.
Parcells...don't get me started.

Thank you for posting this. I had seen it in the last few days but wasn't sure if people were talking about it (don't have time to read all the posts). Are we certain it was a protester? I hadn't heard that before. But it was not far away from the place where MB was shot. The police very clearly overreacted (IMO) to the odd but nonthreatening behaviour of a man who was (to me) clearly mentally ill and had done nothing more than steal some snacks. Very sad that this "shoot first and ask questions later" approach seems to be so common with this particular police force. They need to revisit their police procedures IMO.

I believe what you are missing is that this person came within 5 foot of the police officers and you can see he is holding a knife, they found two on him. You can also hear the officer telling him to drop the knife, numerous times and he starts to go after them. They have their orders to shoot and that is what they did. Not sure everyone realizes because of their accents that this is what that person was being told. He was instructed to stop and he still continued to charge them.

What about letting MB walk away, which he apparently WAS doing? Or calling for backup and arresting MB? Why we're shooting OR tazing necessary, given the facts we currently know?

"Apparently he was doing"... Huh?

Please provide a link that Brown apparently was "walking away"

It was Wilson's job to pursue Brown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We do actually know what happened. The Chief of police said there was a struggle for the gun and a gunshot in the car. The attorney for the family said that too. I'm pretty sure that the chief of police is not just taking the officer's word for that- I'm certain he saw the undeniable evidence. And, in order for their to be a struggle, MB had to go for the gun. I mean, OW didn't take MB's hand and put it on the gun, right?

We have second hand second hand info. We will know better after evidence is presented. I want real and accurate info not broad strokes. I don't know what DW did. I want more details about what went on in that car.

I believe what you are missing is that this person came within 5 foot of the police officers and you can see he is holding a knife, they found two on him. You can also hear the officer telling him to drop the knife, numerous times and he starts to go after them. They have their orders to shoot and that is what they did. Not sure everyone realizes because of their accents that this is what that person was being told. He was instructed to stop and he still continued to charge them.

And he was still advancing when he was shot. It is not like he got within 5 feet and stopped. He kept coming.

Apparently, the importance & ability to follow law enforcement's directions is lost on many.

Police have said that Michael Brown pushed Officer Darren Wilson into his patrol car, where the two struggled over the officer's gun.

http://online.wsj.com/articles/inde...truggle-in-michael-browns-shooting-1408381747

Sunday Aug. 10
10 a.m. – Michael Brown, 18, was unarmed, St. Louis County Police Chief Joe Belmarsays in a news conference. Belmar says Brown physically assaulted the officer, and during a struggle between the two, Brown reached for the officer's gun. One shot was fired in the car followed by other gunshots outside of the car.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...el-brown-ferguson-missouri-timeline/14051827/

I m very curious...why not give the benefit of the doubt to the person with a stellar background?

Why so much twisting for a known armed robber that willfully defied law enforcements simple request to get out of the street?

IMO

Because even people with stellar backgrounds make mistakes and sadly some have blemishes that have not been discovered yet. Like I said, Right now I am kind of up in the air one minute to the next, But I do hold that Officer to a higher standard than MB.
When I hear DW story from DW then I will give it weight but for now it is just just more second hand info.

I just can not believe that this force did not have cameras.

We have second hand second hand info. We will know better after evidence is presented. I want real and accurate info not broad strokes. I don't know what DW did. I want more details about what went on in that car.

Please create a plausible scenario that paints Brown in an innocent and non-threatening light.
Take all the creative license necessary.

I agree what we have now is a statement by chief that probably is based on the official but not yet released account of Officer Wilson. I too am interested in hearing/reading his account for myself. I do not know that it will change my current POV, but I feel it's important to have as many facts as possible.

"Apparently he was doing"... Huh?

Please provide a link that Brown apparently was "walking away"

It was Wilson's job to pursue Brown.

Well, it seems pretty obvious that he had walked some distance away because he was not shot right beside the police cruiser. He was shot at a distance.

OW could have let MB go until backup arrived, and pursued him then. I have not read any confirmation of an immediate physical threat OW was experiencing once MB had left the vicinity of the police cruiser that would necessitate deadly force. I have read speculation about MB "charging" OW right before he was shot, but this has not been proven or confirmed, to my knowledge.

Please create a plausible scenario that paints Brown in an innocent and non-threatening light.
Take all the creative license necessary.

I don't think MB is innocent at all. I just don't know for sure know what happened in that car first hand. I need to hear that and see the plausibility of it.
I just want the real info and the accurate accounting before I have a final analysis on what happened in the car.

So it is OK for 'children' to attack cops? Police are people too. What is he supposed to do when a 'child' that is 6 ft 4 and 300 lbs, starts punching him in the face and head, and struggles for his gun?

He's suppose to eliminate the threat. And he did. And he was well within the laws to do that.

Because even people with stellar backgrounds make mistakes and sadly some have blemishes that have not been discovered yet. Like I said, Right now I am kind of up in the air one minute to the next, But I do hold that Officer to a higher standard than MB.
When I hear DW story from DW then I will give it weight but for now it is just just more second hand info.

I just can not believe that this force did not have cameras.

Do you live in the USA?

I live in New Jersey. We pay a little over $10,000 dollars a year in property taxes. Our police don't have cameras. They purchase their own vests or the fundraisers & citizens donate them.
Our local volunteer fire department has fund raisers all the time as well as the fundraising by the woman's auxiliary.

Do you live in the USA?

I live in New Jersey. We pay a little over $10,000 dollars a year in property taxes. Our police don't have cameras. They purchase their own vests or the fundraisers & citizens donate them.
Our local volunteer fire department has fund raisers all the time as well as the fundraising by the woman's auxiliary.

Geez, where does your property tax money go? That is crazy that the police are underfunded like that when taxes are so high!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member