GUILTY MO - Hailey Owens, 10, Springfield, 18 Feb 2014 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It actually makes me think he had issues with handling money. I can't understand why anyone his age, with a trust fund wouldn't own their own vehicle.

I know a guy of age 60 plus years-he is borderline mentally deficient. He kept a job for 30 years and now enjoys a good retirement. He also gets a 'trust fund' amount every month.
HOWEVER-he cannot handle money, and his family has protected him for decades. He lost his job because he was charging a certain ethnic population to park in a very public place-a government-owned place. He was offered the opportunity to quit/retire and they gave it to him.
Money talks....and can scrub past issues-he told me himself he had been accused of sexually assaulting his own daughter-about 30 years ago. There is NO record of it.

I have a feeling this is similar to the case with perp regarding the money etc.

JMO

This does seem similar. I followed the heartbreaking search for April Jones too but haven't followed it since Bridger was arrested. Did LE ever discover that he had a history of child molestation? Was April's body ever recovered?

Off Topic I don't know if he had a history of molestation. April's body has not been found but they found tiny bone fragments most likely from her skull in his wood burning fire. April case is terrible as well Bridger is pure evil. Here is an article if you wish to read it about the bone fragments found - http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/april-jones-trial-schoolgirls-bone-1923202

Does anyone know if the search warrant inventory list was posted anywhere? Or police report?

It actually makes me think he had issues with handling money. I can't understand why anyone his age, with a trust fund wouldn't own their own vehicle.

IMO, there is a reason he can't afford to own either the truck he drives or the house he lives in without his father. Substitute teaching is intermittent, no benefits at all. After many years, he was hired as a paraprofessional. The pay is low and the benefits are limited at best. He has a bachelor's degree!

Working in schools, especially in the capacities he has had, means he has a lot of time off. Teachers work long hours; aides are out the door when the bell rings. He is free to pursue his other interests on his own time.

But IMO the reason he works at schools in low-paying capacities is because it gives him direct access to children.

I am beyond creeped out that he was the In-School Suspension aide. In my experience, the ISS person has the children on ISS in a separate room. At my children's middle school, it is by itself along a long deserted corridor that leads to the gym. I understand the set up is probably not the same here. But my point is the ISS person has the child or children for the entire day. That is a lot of getting acquainted time. Being a musician and a football coach gives him two quick ways to bond with students.

Our middle school has a custodian during the day when the kids are there who is in his 50s, has very long hair, and is a wonderful musician. He plays in bands and is featured in the annual show the faculty puts on for students. He is very popular, very nice guy. But, if he had ill intent, he could use his job to gain trust.

IMO, there is a reason he can't afford to own either the truck he drives or the house he lives in without his father. Substitute teaching is intermittent, no benefits at all. After many years, he was hired as a paraprofessional. The pay is low and the benefits are limited at best. He has a bachelor's degree!

Working in schools, especially in the capacities he has had, means he has a lot of time off. Teachers work long hours; aides are out the door when the bell rings. He is free to pursue his other interests on his own time.

But IMO the reason he works at schools in low-paying capacities is because it gives him direct access to children.

I am beyond creeped out that he was the In-School Suspension aide. In my experience, the ISS person has the children on ISS in a separate room. At my children's middle school, it is by itself along a long deserted corridor that leads to the gym. I understand the set up is probably not the same here. But my point is the ISS person has the child or children for the entire day. That is a lot of getting acquainted time. Being a musician and a football coach gives him two quick ways to bond with students.

Our middle school has a custodian during the day when the kids are there who is in his 50s, has very long hair, and is a wonderful musician. He plays in bands and is featured in the annual show the faculty puts on for students. He is very popular, very nice guy. But, if he had ill intent, he could use his job to gain trust.

A poster here said a friends of hers has a son was in ISS with CW on the day of the murder. Just the two of them:eek:

He has a brother, the trust more than likely includes the parents house, their retirement fund any holdings they have, such as stocks and bonds, they would have to liquidate all their assets in order to use the trust fund to pay for an attorney and this would ax his brother out who is more than likely named on the trust also.

What kind of trust is at issue in the case is unclear. There are many kinds. In general, a trust is a way for a trustee to hold assets for the benefit of a beneficiary.

http://www.news-leader.com/article/...l-was-slain-finds-child-*advertiser censored*

In CMW's interview with police, it states he mentioned that he walked his dog after he got off of work on the day Hailey went missing. I also remember reading about an interview with a former student, he mentions that he and CMW recently spoke and CMW mentioned that he recently got a new puppy that he was training him etc. Being an animal lover, I'm wondering what would happen of the puppy. The search affidavit doesn't mention an animal present at the residence and I would think it would?

Of course. Many like him do. The !%!#*! . Just bouncing off your post.

:seeya: Yes, I'm well aware of pedophiles being priest, scouts leaders, teachers, etc, etc.
I'm a little surprised however that the perp worked around children for years, even coached football, no one picked up on his strangeness. MHOO

A poster here said a friends of hers has a son was in ISS with CW on the day of the murder. Just the two of them:eek:

I remember reading that. Every child should be questioned. I hope as this has become public perhaps those who are now older may come forward. This may be the tip of the iceberg. Sadly.

In CMW's interview with police, it states he mentioned that he walked his dog after he got off of work on the day Hailey went missing. I also remember reading about an interview with a former student, he mentions that he and CMW recently spoke and CMW mentioned that he recently got a new puppy that he was training him etc. Being an animal lover, I'm wondering what would happen of the puppy. The search affidavit doesn't mention an animal present at the residence and I would think it would?

Likely just an "In" he used. Every kid loves a puppy. Part of his grooming?

:seeya: Yes, I'm well aware of pedophiles being priest, scouts leaders, teachers, etc, etc.
I'm a little surprised however that the perp worked around children for years, even coached football, no one picked up on his strangeness. MHOO

Oh I know you are. I was just bouncing off your post. Seems he kept it well hidden?

Usually the biggest chunk of a family trust is real estate/property, unless there is a substantial retirement account. The parents' home or other property they own/co-own, including collectible firearms, jewelry, vehicles, etc. My family has a trust. We are not wealthy-schmealthy people. But my parents did buy a few properties decades ago, and at last valuation, the trust showed $X in valuation for the real estate, based on appraisals at that time (~10 years ago). The trust's valuation isn't constantly updated, so on paper 1 million dollars, if largely stocks or real estate, could well be far less (even 1/2) thanks to real estate values plummeting nationwide and stock market slumps hitting pensions/401Ks really hard.

Likely just an "In" he used. Every kid loves a puppy. Part of his grooming?

I believe in a much earlier post someone mentioned that they saw a dog being taken away from the property. I guess he would be taken to animal shelter.

someone said yesterday they took the dog from the residence

Wow! So scary! And it sounds like the school did everything right in checking him out before he was hired. The school district can't comment on details of his employment record. But, at least so far, I haven't read any reports of parents or colleagues saying they were concerned about his behavior or comments. I think the school would not have him working as the ISS aide unless they thought he was trustworthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmeyer