Found Deceased MO - Lynn Messer, 52, Ste Genevieve County, 8 July 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Her son and daughter in law seemed to be over acting or something to me. It was strange.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For the DIL...like she was more distraught than anyone else they interviewed.

But then when she said that LM had made the statement about Spring & she wished she could go back & ask her why she'd say something like that, maybe her guilt over that is eating at her.

An odd group, indeed. I have mixed feelings about this case. I think it's about equally likely that she committed suicide or the husband killed her. MOO.

The most interesting part is how her body was in the search area but never found. In that area you would think family dogs would find her within the first few months. That there would be some predatory animals moving the corpse. The usual stuff. There doesn't seem to be any of that. More information needed, we'll have to wait for the forensic analysis.

I guess it's easy to miss a body in the woods?

This case was just... extremely odd. I have a feeling there is so much more to these family circumstances than we can really imagine. I'm sad that Lynn was not in a healthy place and I do not think she had anyone helping to protect her best interests or mental health. I would believe that she killed herself, but I think the husband probably did kill her.
Every single person interviewed felt "off".

ETA: I should clarify that I mean the husband and sons and DIL seemed off. Her sisters seemed normal.

Reactions: AGT
Just watched the Disappeared episode and wasn't familiar with LM's case so I'm glad after reading here I'm not the only one who felt the family were a little *ahem* strange!!

I don't buy the suicide story one bit. Something is very fishy and my money would be on the husband.

I think it's also possible that she attempted suicide in the home. Husband found her, but let her die rather than get help. Whether that was for public image or so he could chase skirts, I don't know. Then, either he or he and the son who failed the polygraph moved her to her final resting spot.

They said the cows had been moved, and that interfered with the dogs. Wasn't the son the one who herded the cows there? How close were they to the body's location?

I did enjoy that they featured a case I had never heard of. Some of the Disappeared cases featured are ones that are already very well-known. I appreciate them shedding light on a lesser-known one like this.

I think that Kerry's brand of religion probably sees suicide as a sin for which one is sent to hell.
So IMO that could be his motive for moving her remains IF she did kill herself. I wonder if they were ever able to count how many pills she had remaining vs. how many should have been there? It sounded like she took a daily antidepressant based on what Abram said on the episode. I also saw pain medication for her toe mentioned earlier on this thread.

I think her husband knows exactly what happened to her though.

I think her husband knows exactly what happened to her though.

I do, too. I just don't know if he had an active part in her death. Regardless, I think he's at least morally culpable, if not directly responsible.

I poked around the FB page a bit. Wow. "Pa" sure loves the sound of his own voice.

I saw the Disappeared ep and wondered at the intensity of the younger son and his wife. Interesting that dad was not interviewed for the show.

Reactions: AGT
Her son and daughter in law seemed to be over acting or something to me. It was strange.

They both came across as having a flair for the dramatic, but I'm actually not that suspicious of them, even though Abram flunked the polygraph. Lynn's husband, on the other hand, seemed cold as ice to me.

After watching the episode it was almost like watching actor portrayals. Left me feeling unsettled. I'm glad her sisters have her home.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

After watching the episode it was almost like watching actor portrayals. Left me feeling unsettled. I'm glad her sisters have her home.

On another board where I was discussing the episode, someone mentioned that it seemed like they had prepared for the appearance, especially Abram.

Dad refused to be interviewed for show. Reportedly placed locks on gates, threatened to kick son off if he allowed anyone access. Can also poke around on the new FB page (same name with II after it).
I poked around the FB page a bit. Wow. "Pa" sure loves the sound of his own voice.

I saw the Disappeared ep and wondered at the intensity of the younger son and his wife. Interesting that dad was not interviewed for the show.

They both came across as having a flair for the dramatic, but I'm actually not that suspicious of them, even though Abram flunked the polygraph. Lynn's husband, on the other hand, seemed cold as ice to me.

Completely agree liltexans!

Just for clarification does anyone know if Lynn's husband is still with that other woman?

Completely agree liltexans!

Just for clarification does anyone know if Lynn's husband is still with that other woman?

Good question! I would like to know if he is still with Spring or if he has moved on to someone else.

We need some sleuthing done on this case! Who is up for it?

We need some sleuthing done on this case! Who is up for it?

I am. I'm new to this case, but very interested in it. I am not at all convinced Lynn died of suicide.

ITA - I'm glad I watched the episode. When I read Abram's quotes in various news articles I had a whole different take on this whole situation. After seeing his overly dramatic delivery it certainly makes me wonder what is up with this family. And the DIL - WTH? These two did themselves no favors with their appearance on the show, by any means IMO. Totally strange all the way around.

Suicide? Hell no!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back