MO - Sherrill Levitt, 47, Suzie Streeter, 19, & Stacy McCall, 18, Springfield, 7 June 1992 #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Makes me wonder if Garrison's connection to this case isn't the initial removal from Sherrill's home, but at a second crime scene.
exactly!!

Garrison may have been around the murder scene...he may just not have known which location the Robbs put the bodies but knew that at least one handled them

I don't think he did it. I could be wrong about his involvement. I do think the police or some officers believed he did. I think they let him con them into a field trip. He escaped from their custody. If raped someone brutally while free. This makes me question the judgement of the SPD at that time. Whether they were looking Suzie, Stacy and Sherrill or the two people that had gone missing on a farm in 89 0r 90, they allowed Garrison to become a liability.
they were specifically asking him about 3MW...the the crime in 89 was solved fully already. That had nothing to do with 3MW..

No, it was given to them on a platter . But the moronic OSBI agent just recklessly ignored it. Worst part is , they may have been able to rescue the girls alive , if they were held as long as been said .
just like this one is given on a platter with SG’s associates
and why did that OSBI agent ignore things?

Anyone familiar with Kathee Baird so called journalist / crime reporter? Very frustrating interview to watch. I don't think she has a clue what has happened. Police have claimed that most of her tips have come from psychics. Well, you've lost me there Kathlee. I'll pass on the psychic business.

Springfield, MO journalist/ crime reporter Kathee Baird spoke with Laura Kim Goldman from Crime Watch. Goldman asked Baird who she believed murdered the women and buried them under the parking lot (Baird believes the parking lot theory)

Kathee Baird "I believe I know what happened, I believe they were killed before morning"
Goldman "Who do you think was the target?"
Kathee Baird "It wasn't Stacy"
Goldman " Stacy was just collateral damage?"
Kathee Baird " Unfornately"
Goldman "What do you believe the motives were for the people who took Stacy, Sherrill and Susie?"
Kathee Baird I am not going to talk about that

Narrator: ..."Kathee says she knows and she is not going to tell"

Goldman: "You are on national television you got the world at your fingertips why won't you share it here?"
Why are you doing this interview with us?"
Kathee Baird "Because their story needs an ending, that's why"

Narrator: Frustration boils over. And then our producer jumps in " I continue to be confused with why we are doing this interview?"
Kathee Baird "I've already said that"
Producer: I've been doing this a long time its not real clear because you are talking in code
Kathee Baird "Sorry I am not giving you the answers you need or want, but I live here and i am afraid for my safety. We have been boxed in by cars before.....I've been advised to leave this case alone.

She won't say who is threatening her.

A reliable source I know was in Kathee’s car verified the account. A large SUV hemmed her car in and told her to clam up or else. The SUV had government plates which were untraceable.

I disagree with her response but if she feared retaliation against her family it is plausible. I would have spilled my guts.

I have had numerous discussions with her and do not recall any time that she has deliberately been untruthful. However, I would not put all my eggs in her basket.

Before I would go down that rabbit hole I would want to clear the “unknown male predator” of involvement. The cops have not contacted me. That could be because that they already have cleared him or simply do not wish to reopen the case,

A reliable source I know was in Kathee’s car verified the account. A large SUV hemmed her car in and told her to clam up or else. The SUV had government plates which were untraceable.

I disagree with her response but if she feared retaliation against her family it is plausible. I would have spilled my guts.

I have had numerous discussions with her and do not recall any time that she has deliberately been untruthful. However, I would not put all my eggs in her basket.

Before I would go down that rabbit hole I would want to clear the “unknown male predator” of involvement. The cops have not contacted me. That could be because that they already have cleared him or simply do not wish to reopen the case,
Reporters are supposed to be intrepid enough to tell their stories regardless of concern for their personal safety.

If Kathy is that much of a coward, she never should have become a journalist.

Reporters are supposed to be intrepid enough to tell their stories regardless of concern for their personal safety.

She's a blogger and pseudo-journalist (Ozarks Sentinel even an actual newspaper newspaper??) and probably doesnt concern herself with basic journalistic rules..............

A journalist and blogger isn’t going to risk their safety or their families safety for a possible dead end. She isn’t reporting from a war zone. She is a local figure reporting on a local crime. I don’t know if I believe her. It might be a way out of this crime that makes her look better than giving up or saying she is as confused as anyone else. If she was threatened I don’t blame her for walking away.

She's a blogger and pseudo-journalist (Ozarks Sentinel even an actual newspaper newspaper??) and probably doesnt concern herself with basic journalistic rules..............
Why so much snark? You have a legitimate point but you trash it by being rude. What makes you question her journalistic principles. In today’s world what are those principles?

I would put more value in what she had to say if she had clammed up before going on tv and then making a tit of herself. That’s just attention seeking and is pathetic. Why wait until going on tv to say “ I’m not gonna talk”?!
If she lied about it that’s another misdirection. If you have information that isn’t slander why wouldn’t you say it. The more people that know the less likely you are to be killed. It would prove her accusations. Maybe she wanted to turn attention towards this case and went about it wrong.

The more recent media coverage of this case (CWD, People Magazine) was really poorly done. I wish we could get a comprehensive documentary that ties together everything that is known so far and doesn't just cling to the usual narratives they use when covering this case. These women and their families deserve so much more.

The more recent media coverage of this case (CWD, People Magazine) was really poorly done. I wish we could get a comprehensive documentary that ties together everything that is known so far and doesn't just cling to the usual narratives they use when covering this case. These women and their families deserve so much more.
The ID channel or People Magazine investigates stuck to a formula works better with solved cases. The true crime shows often build up one theory then shoot it down and reveal the real killer/s. They could have gone more in depth. I wanted to hear more from Officer Bookout and Nigal. Creating scenes that might never have happened and not mentioning details like the cars Suzie and Stacy drove. using Asher as primary source of information doesn't seem right because he left SPD in 1995. He seems to show up for interviews he has set opinions and so far they haven't moved the case forward. The show was a mess.

What about Darrell Moore who has been on the case for the entire time saying grave robbers aren’t cleared by all?? If you say Doug Thomas is wrong with Garrison then don’t you have to say the ones who cleared graverobbers are also wrong? Can’t have it both ways im afraid....

Why so much snark? You have a legitimate point but you trash it by being rude. What makes you question her journalistic principles. In today’s world what are those principles?
I suspect you’ll ignore the other people who matched me in snark on this thread......
I didn’t trash her.....If you had been veterans of this forums like most of us you’d know Kathee went off this case shortly after her garrison interview.....she arrived at the same conclusion as Det. Thomas imo

Anyone familiar with Kathee Baird so called journalist / crime reporter? Very frustrating interview to watch. I don't think she has a clue what has happened. Police have claimed that most of her tips have come from psychics. Well, you've lost me there Kathlee. I'll pass on the psychic business.

Springfield, MO journalist/ crime reporter Kathee Baird spoke with Laura Kim Goldman from Crime Watch. Goldman asked Baird who she believed murdered the women and buried them under the parking lot (Baird believes the parking lot theory)

Kathee Baird "I believe I know what happened, I believe they were killed before morning"
Goldman "Who do you think was the target?"
Kathee Baird "It wasn't Stacy"
Goldman " Stacy was just collateral damage?"
Kathee Baird " Unfornately"
Goldman "What do you believe the motives were for the people who took Stacy, Sherrill and Susie?"
Kathee Baird I am not going to talk about that

Narrator: ..."Kathee says she knows and she is not going to tell"

Goldman: "You are on national television you got the world at your fingertips why won't you share it here?"
Why are you doing this interview with us?"
Kathee Baird "Because their story needs an ending, that's why"

Narrator: Frustration boils over. And then our producer jumps in " I continue to be confused with why we are doing this interview?"
Kathee Baird "I've already said that"
Producer: I've been doing this a long time its not real clear because you are talking in code
Kathee Baird "Sorry I am not giving you the answers you need or want, but I live here and i am afraid for my safety. We have been boxed in by cars before.....I've been advised to leave this case alone.

She won't say who is threatening her.
she post here . @Kathee

What about Darrell Moore who has been on the case for the entire time saying grave robbers aren’t cleared by all?? If you say Doug Thomas is wrong with Garrison then don’t you have to say the ones who cleared graverobbers are also wrong? Can’t have it both ways im afraid....

The GR I don’t believe should of been cleared. We can agree on something. They definitely have a motive and the fact one of them quickly skipped town as well.

The GR I don’t believe should of been cleared. We can agree on something. They definitely have a motive and the fact one of them quickly skipped town as well.
Well two of them did... One had a 100k bounty.... hmm weird that Mike’s bounty wasnt as high as joe’s

One was post questioning and one was pre...but the fact remains.. even Mike admitted into forums that he brazenly flipped off cops (paraphrasing) and then they finally arrested.. its odd that they wanted joe so bad but didnt appear to sweat much about mike

Well two of them did... One had a 100k bounty.... hmm weird that Mike’s bounty wasnt as high as joe’s

One was post questioning and one was pre...but the fact remains.. even Mike admitted into forums that he brazenly flipped off cops (paraphrasing) and then they finally arrested.. its odd that they wanted joe so bad but didnt appear to sweat much about mike
I really do try to look at all of possible suspects, I’ve been down a lot of the rabbit holes associated with this case. Your theory has a motive and most of the names you’re pushing as possible participants are not upstanding citizens. If Joe were involved, why do you think he did it? Did he think she(Suzie) was the one who called CrimeStoppers? Did Suzie potentially know more in regards to Joe’s robbing houses? Was it about the drugs and how they were acquired? Did Joe hurt someone and Suzie overheard something? If he did have something to do with it, who helped him? Why did they help him, what did they have to lose?

I really do try to look at all of possible suspects, I’ve been down a lot of the rabbit holes associated with this case. Your theory has a motive and most of the names you’re pushing as possible participants are not upstanding citizens. If Joe were involved, why do you think he did it? Did he think she(Suzie) was the one who called CrimeStoppers? Did Suzie potentially know more in regards to Joe’s robbing houses? Was it about the drugs and how they were acquired? Did Joe hurt someone and Suzie overheard something? If he did have something to do with it, who helped him? Why did they help him, what did they have to lose?
I dont think the grave crime or joes petty theft was anything he cared about Suzie knowing.. youd have to ask the cops why they thought a criminal transient in springfield had one of th e highest bounties you could have for just questioning....his parole violation wasn’t a violation until he was needed for questioning....motive left to interpretation...I don’t see many other motives that stick like the Suzie testifying one does....like OTB said,, the fringe GR crowd got spooked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NanaKate321