DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maggie Crane KMOV
@newsformaggie St. Louis, MO

News reporter twitter:

newsformaggie Maggie Crane KMOV
Police telling us they've interviewed about 7 ppl incl family in Tyler Dasher death investigation. Fam still here. #missingAfftonbaby
15 minutes ago

newsformaggie Maggie Crane KMOV
Guy we saw cuffed from chopper just taken back home... Didn't answer any of my Qs #missingAfftonBaby
57 minutes ago

COD... not known now, ME will determine in the morning.
Status of investigation... very fresh & new, only developing for a few hours. Priority was to locate Tyler. Focus is now on the why!
LE still at the home going through it with a fine-tooth comb. No visible signs of forced entry... no broken doors or windows.
No one has been eliminated or identified as a suspect yet. Interviews with family occurring still now.
The mother & father are both cooperating.
After mid-night is when Tyler was put to bed. After 11 a.m. the mother discovered Tyler missing. The grandmother was at work when Tyler was reported missing.

No reason a 1 year old should ever end up as a homicide victim.
We're continuing interviews this evening... holding the scenes with officers stationed all night.
Teams coming in at daylight to comb the area to look for any piece of evidence.
Someone knows something... a one year old does not end up behind a tree in a wooded area without someone knowing.

That's it... moving on to snitches.

111115041005_111511_tyler.jpg

RIP Little One

The father, Joseph Ellington, has some sort of disability.

In some states, a drug addiction is grounds for parents getting guardianship of their adult child - it falls under the same *legal* category as disabled, mentally ill, etc. Not sure if that's the case in Missouri or not. Legal experts, do you know?

ETA: The court records said the he would retain the right to vote, which is an exception according to what I read of the Missouri code - it's usually forfeited as well. So it must not be any sort of issue with intellectual functioning?

Grandma did not check in on Tyler or Shelby before leaving for work... That alone makes me queasy... it's like deja vu from the CA case. I'm NOT faulting her at all, that comment just made me uneasy.

The information I have is that a neighbor has talked to investigators and told them that the house was extremely active, day and night, with numerous people coming and going. We don't know if it was mom's friends, grandma's friends, or both.

With that information, I think it is perfectly reasonable to discuss why the house would be so active especially at night while a baby lived in the home. We know the baby went to bed reasonably late (early morning hours). Was he kept up because the comings and goings? Was this his normal schedule or was there a lot of activity there that kept him up that night? I would like to know if there was any activity the night before and going into the morning. Someone in that home could have taken him?

That's right, we don't. And the neighbor could be exaggerating or outright lying for all we know. It could be innocent. Grandma could be taking in ironing, or alterations.
Just saying.

I found this a bit disturbing.
http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/250...her-missing-baby-discovered-dead-cemetery.htm
Tyler's mother, Shelby A. Dasher,
20, put him to bed about 10:30 p.m. Monday, overslept this morning and reported him missing to police after she awoke about 11 a.m.,
according to FOX2now in St. Louis.

"There is no way to explain how this child got out of his crib, out of his room and out of the house," said Officer Rick Eckhard of the St. Louis County Police Department to the Post-Dispatch.

The MOTHER Shelby, put the baby to bed and OVERSLEPT:banghead::furious:
Reminds me of Deborah B putting her baby daughter Lisa to bed and hours later finding out Lisa was missing

And seeing all the young girls talking on that video,all the love,so many friends and family live around there.When I had just my oldest at that age,we were always visiting one another.Even though it's been said she put him to bed late,he could have woken up,been up for awhile and the last time she put him to bed for the night was that late.

I'm not liking the sound of this-
http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/250...her-missing-baby-discovered-dead-cemetery.htm
Tyler's mother, Shelby A. Dasher, 20, put him to bed about 10:30 p.m. Monday, overslept this morning and reported him missing to police after she awoke about 11 a.m., according to FOX2now in St. Louis.

"There is no way to explain how this child got out of his crib, out of his room and out of the house," said Officer Rick Eckhard of the St. Louis County Police Department to the Post-Dispatch

Shelby Tyler's mom goes to bed and OVERSLEEPS!!! Wakes up and finds her baby boy gone!:banghead:
Another mom from MO Deborah B. goes to sleep and her baby is missing after mom spent a night with friends.

What is going on in MO?

I think baby Tyler went missing long before 11:00 am this morning. Only my educated or possible uneducated guess.Not meant to hurt anyone's feelings.

I do NOT think that this case is really related to baby Lisa. However I do think that it is possible that this could be a copycat. With the amount of coverage Lisa's case has received; I can see how someone would believe that they could gwt away with a baby missing at night. :sigh:

It would help tremendously if we got accurate reports instead of everything being conflicted. She put the baby to bed in the early hours of the morning... which means anytime after midnight to 6:00 or so. Or she put him to bed at 10:30. Which is it?

Poor little guy... I hope whoever did this NEVER gets a decent night's sleep again.

I do NOT think that this case is really related to baby Lisa. However I do think that it is possible that this could be a copycat. With the amount of coverage Lisa's case has received; I can see how someone would believe that they could gwt away with a baby missing at night. :sigh:

Me too cocomod. A copy cat crime wouldn't surprise me sadly.

I say let's all pray that his kidnapper (possiboly killer) is found and punished.
Thinking about Tyler lying deceased, naked in the cemetary makes me cry.

COD... not known now, ME will determine in the morning.
Status of investigation... very fresh & new, only developing for a few hours. Priority was to locate Tyler. Focus is now on the why!
LE still at the home going through it with a fine-tooth comb. No visible signs of forced entry... no broken doors or windows.
No one has been eliminated or identified as a suspect yet. Interviews with family occurring still now.
The mother & father are both cooperating.
After mid-night is when Tyler was put to bed. After 11 a.m. the mother discovered Tyler missing. The grandmother was at work when Tyler was reported missing.

BBM...has the grandmother confirmed Tyler's bedtime and has she confirmed that Mom was home all night with Tyler?

I've thought that,esp putting him close to the road to be found quickly,or a crime of revenge.People take babies to sell for drugs or to someone that adopts babies illegally,but this is just murder and not far from the home.Unless I'm wrong,it was an accident and made to look like a kidnapping,I don't really think it is. Anything's possible with Tyler or Lisa,I'm just not believing this,two babies in four weeks.

Will someone plz tell me what happened, how he was found, etc..? Can't read the whole thread...RL and all that...

TIA :)

KMOV... No obvious signs of trauma to Tyler's body. He was found unclothed & face down. :(

7 people in Clayton at LE HQ being questioned now, including Tyler's mother, father & grandmother. Police are not telling us whether or not they have any very strong leads. Back at the house LE has taken several bags of evidence out of the house. LE has wrapped up their investigation at the cemetery where Tyler was found around 6:30 p.m. The reporter (Larry Conners) is stating he thought that was very fast for LE to wrap up their investigation at the dump sight that fast, adding in the fact that there is tons of LE at the house processing the house and did they find something that leads them back to the house and LE is telling him not to jump to any quick conclusions. I hope I get that right... I keep being asked if Tyler was found by my older kids & their friends and having to pause the news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member