Mom Says Family Will Never Live In Home Again! What?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Maybe it wasn't Mom's duty to check doors and windows before they went to bed? From what I understand this was a new routine as it was Dad's first time working these hours. I can see it happening...actually I am always yelled at by hubby because I go around in the AM and open all windows however I never close them at night before I go to bed...it has always been his job to check the doors and windows.

Do we know for a fact that the door was left unlocked? Could it be possible that someone picked the lock?

Regardless of whose responsibility it was to check doors and windows- it was her first night alone without a hubby. With three little kids. And yet she left the window open and doesn't know if she closed the door? I am having issues with that part of the story.

Regardless of whose responsibility it was to check doors and windows- it was her first night alone without a hubby. With three little kids. And yet she left the window open and doesn't know if she closed the door? I am having issues with that part of the story.

I admit I am a wingnut when it comes to things like this...this is why I know if can happen. The other night hubby went to bed and the last thing he said to me was "make sure you shut the door" not for safety but because it's getting cold here at night...guess what? I forgot to shut the door and he woke up a few hours later to a very very cold room. I am the type of person that if I don't do it right then I will get busy with something else and totally forget about it.

I admit I am a wingnut when it comes to things like this...this is why I know if can happen. The other night hubby went to bed and the last thing he said to me was "make sure you shut the door" not for safety but because it's getting cold here at night...guess what? I forgot to shut the door and he woke up a few hours later to a very very cold room. I am the type of person that if I don't do it right then I will get busy with something else and totally forget about it.

Again, this was the first time she was alone in the house without a man around. And yet she says she left the window open and doesn't know if she locked the door. One would thing that without a man around she would be extra careful. But in this case one would be wrong.

I understand. I have some of those post it notes and a small pencil I keep in my pocket. If I see something I need to do I write it down and stick it back in my pocket. That way when I get ready for bed and I empty my pockets the last thing I see is the reminder and I go do it. Just started doing this it really helps.(If I remember to check my pockets.:innocent:)

Let me ask you this, if your husband wasn't there to do it would you be more aware and knowing he was not there be sure to lock the doors?

I understand. I have some of those post it notes and a small pencil I keep in my pocket. If I see something I need to do I write it down and stick it back in my pocket. That way when I get ready for bed and I empty my pockets the last thing I see is the reminder and I go do it. Just started doing this it really helps.(If I remember to check my pockets.:innocent:)

Let me ask you this, if your husband wasn't there to do it would you be more aware and knowing he was not there be sure to lock the doors?

LOL I have tried the post it notes but I forget to look for them at the end of the day...

BBM you know I thought about this and I have no idea only because of how our house is laid out and where I spend 99% of my time. I do know that the many times he has been in the hospital I did not check the doors or windows however our 27 year old son lives in the basement...it's actually a scary thought considering that I live at a dead-end street with trees surrounding the house..I have a routine and I am not sure if I would think about checking the doors and windows.

This is just my opinion based on my own experience,and I'm repeating myself,sorry.

Everyone reacts differently to situations,so no one is wrong,but what I want to stress again,is, Until the same trauma happens to you ,you don't really know what you'd do. Right now you're not in shock or grieving .Your taking the time to recall past situations and make pretend decisions on something that hasn't happened to you.
jmo

Yes Little one, my house has been broken into and robbed. I'm still here. This is my home and now prison is his. It just made me furious not scared.

Truthfully I am not sure if my house was ever broken into that I would sell it. I would probably get an alarm system but I don't think I would sell. In saying that, I am not sure if my baby was taken from my house that I would feel the same way. That is one awful memory that will never ever go away with time. I would think about it each time I walked past her room...I don't think it would be healthy. I would however force myself to stay if the child was older and knew where they lived because 10 years from now they would know where to look first to find me.

This is just my opinion based on my own experience,and I'm repeating myself,sorry.

Everyone reacts differently to situations,so no one is wrong,but what I want to stress again,is, Until the same trauma happens to you ,you don't really know what you'd do. Right now you're not in shock or grieving .Your taking the time to recall past situations and make pretend decisions on something that hasn't happened to you.
jmo

I agree 100% with you because everyone reacts differently in a stressful situation. Even if the same thing happened to all of us we would still view it different. That's why I am very careful on how I judge people simply because until I am in their shoes I have no idea how I would react.

However the only thing we have is our experience and opinions to go by. One of my friends goes behind her husband every night re-checking the doors and windows...I cannot recall a time that I even checked the windows or doors....

Maybe it wasn't Mom's duty to check doors and windows before they went to bed? From what I understand this was a new routine as it was Dad's first time working these hours. I can see it happening...actually I am always yelled at by hubby because I go around in the AM and open all windows however I never close them at night before I go to bed...it has always been his job to check the doors and windows.

Do we know for a fact that the door was left unlocked? Could it be possible that someone picked the lock?

We don't know anything for a fact but no mention has been made of a picked lock.

I don't view making sure house is secure to be a "duty" or "job" of only one parent. Especially considering how utterly easy it is to check doors and windows. I don't understand how that could slip anyone's mind if they had a locked vehicle broken into so recently. It is just one of several details about this case that is difficult to believe.

JMO

My husband works night shift and I never lock windows or doors, heck this is perfect weather to sleep with the window open!

respectfully clipped :)

IMO you're more likely to forget if it's your normal routine. I'm the insomniac in the house, I usually go to bed last and I usually lock up. I forget sometimes. I've been remembering really well since Lisa went missing :(

I have had several of my vehicles broken into over the years and not once was I worried that my house would be broken into and my baby stolen. I guess I didn't equate car prowlers with babysnatchers or burglars. Not saying no one would think that way or that it couldn't happen mind you. Just didn't occur to me until you questioned it. I did put motion detectors in the last time and I am constantly sweeping the dead bugs off my porch because I leave all outside lights on after the last time.

respectfully clipped :)

IMO you're more likely to forget if it's your normal routine. I'm the insomniac in the house, I usually go to bed last and I usually lock up. I forget sometimes. I've been remembering really well since Lisa went missing :(

Yep, my husband is out of town 4 nights a week and sometimes I get up in the morning to take the dog out and discover I didn't lock up...

Yep, my husband is out of town 4 nights a week and sometimes I get up in the morning to take the dog out and discover I didn't lock up...

We are responsible for our choices when it comes to protecting our homes and children. I always buckled my kids into seatbelts even before it was the law.

JMO

LOL I have tried the post it notes but I forget to look for them at the end of the day...

BBM you know I thought about this and I have no idea only because of how our house is laid out and where I spend 99% of my time. I do know that the many times he has been in the hospital I did not check the doors or windows however our 27 year old son lives in the basement...it's actually a scary thought considering that I live at a dead-end street with trees surrounding the house..I have a routine and I am not sure if I would think about checking the doors and windows.

My husband works night shift and I never lock windows or doors, heck this is perfect weather to sleep with the window open!

:eek: Ok girls let me just say something I want you two to think about-You know what we do here at Websleuths, we have threads for missing people, murders, crimes, etc...

WE DONT WANT TO HAVE A THREAD IN THIS FORUM ABOUT YOU!!!!

Know what I mean??? :angel:

I've included Jaxson in this after that last post....LOL

At what point in one's life does "sacrificing the child" come into one's mind??? Whether it be for money, or a new house, or fame....at what point does this happen with no other warning signs?

:eek: Ok girls let me just say something I want you two to think about-You know what we do here at Websleuths, we have threads for missing people, murders, crimes, etc...

WE DONT WANT TO HAVE A THREAD IN THIS FORUM ABOUT YOU!!!!

Know what I mean??? :angel:

I've included Jaxson in this after that last post....LOL

Lol, okay I will not forget again (it really happens very seldom anyway but I am getting at that forgetful age. I blame it on menopause)

ETA And thanks for caring blondy

Lol, okay I will not forget again (it really happens very seldom anyway but I am getting at that forgetful age. I blame it on menopause)

ETA And thanks for caring blondy

LOL I blame everything on menopause :)

My view is , don't judge until you have walked a mile in their shoes.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleutherine
Back