Motions Hearing - Fri., Jan. 30, 2009 @8:30 AM

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have recorded the motions hearing and the videos are uploading to YouTube. I will post the links once they finish processing.

:blowkiss:as always, Thank you PattyG!

Okay. So. What MOTIONS WERE DENIED?

-DENIED: motion to boot out the prosecutors
-TES motion, that will not be ruled on until NOON, correct???
- WITNESS LIST: prosecutors withdrew complaint or whatever
WHAT ELSE?????????????

Can anyone tell me what was going on with BC? Why was the judge laughing with him? What was that whole exchange about anyway?

Yes, I'm wondering that too. I missed that part and was wondering about the laughing.

What happened with the prosecution motion to strike the States witness list? Did the judge rule in favor of the prosecution motion.

That's how I understood it too. Prosecution thinks it's premature to file for a change of venue. JB said he's going to do it anyway.

That's funny, because all the TH's on NG kept saying he should have filed that motion a while back, wondering why he hasn't done it already. When IS the proper time? If the judge wants the trial in 45- 60 days, I would think now is a good time to get 'er done!

They were a dressing the change in venue not how speady the trial was. Yes the judge ask how soon they possibly could make a date but thats not what the SA was a dressing.

Sorry, didn't understand...do you mean 'addressing' ?

It is not unusual during pre-trail and motion hearings for the defendant to come into court in street clothes without hand-cuffs and shackles. Scott Peterson. OJ and so many others etc., etc. while in jail waiting trail and during trial came to court in street clothes.
Permission in CA has to be granted.. Most prisoners just show up in jailhouse garb if they are still in jail. Those out on bail show up in street clothes. It is NOT automatic.

tru tv reported she was wearing the blue prison pants with the blazer.

Well, that was a smart idea. Much, much easier. Camera will mostly be doing just top body shots anyway. Just next time they need to get one that fits. This one was a tad to small for her. Which could imply things that are not true.

Wonder if the Jail has stuff like that on hand. It should. It would save alot of time, etc. IT would make sure that the (truely) poor could appear in court looking decent. That visual makes a difference with some juries.

Which was too tight btw. And yes, she was wearing prison pants.

Can anyone tell me what was going on with BC? Why was the judge laughing with him? What was that whole exchange about anyway?

Good question. I don't understand the purpose of BC speaking:confused:

maybe the grey pin stripes are ill fitting these days...:eek:

In one of the pictures she was wiping her palms? Do you think she was nervous? Sweaty palms? I never figured KC to be nervous about anything.

And just to spite those pregnancy rumors: she looks normal to me here.
1zp5jfb.jpg

That's funny, because all the TH's on NG kept saying he should have filed that motion a while back, wondering why he hasn't done it already. When IS the proper time? If the judge wants the trial in 45- 60 days, I would think now is a good time to get 'er done!

The trail per the prosecutions' comments, probably won't be at least until late in the year. The 45 to 60 days is for the scheduling of a status hearing. Change of venue doesn't/shouldn't be filed until a potential trial date has be set.

Couldn't BC have shown more respect for the Court by showing up on time. TG we didn't have to look at CA today, one A is enough. MN is an excellent attorney - so polished and professional. LKB loud and strident. JB struggling.

Which was too tight btw. And yes, she was wearing prison pants.

1. Baez (who is NOT the Anthony's attorney) raised the ethics issue against NeJame - conflict of interest representing TES because he used to rep the Anthonys. Conway rendered the issue moot when he told the judge the Anthonys waived conflict.

2. They were laughing because Strickland basically asked Conway WTH he wanted and Conway responded that the Anthonys just wanted the judge to rule expeditiously - the judge laughed because that's what EVERYONE wants him to do, and said he'd try his best.

Apparently she wasn't as comfortable in the suit as she would have been in the blue pole-dancing dress. She kept pulling on her jail bra straps.

The lawyer sitting in for Lisa Bloom on TruTV stated that Casey wearing a blazer to court was a compromise because the hearing would be televised. Jean C. stated that Casey had on her jail issued blue pants and ankle chains. No handcuffs.

TruTv is in the middle of replaying the hearing now.

so IMO JB will file something again before the 60 days so KC can be in court dressed up and looking innocent in her suit and puritan hairstyle - all to sway public opinion of her - LKB is a pro at creating reasonable doubt

I so agree.

In most high profile cases the defendant takes notes. It gives the defendant something to do so they won't figit and makes Casey look more like a schoolgirl or young secretary instead of a killer. They even gave Couey crayons.

It kind of takes away from the preppiness when the lead attorney and the "accused" openly flirt while the location of the little victim's remains are being discussed.

IMO

Permission in CA has to be granted.. Most prisoners just show up in jailhouse garb if they are still in jail. Those out on bail show up in street clothes. It is NOT automatic.

Perhaps it was granted for Casey too. I just don't find it unusual or an issue because she is in street clothes. Just trying to steer this thread AWAY from Casey's attire, hair, etc.

THAT'S THE ONE!! Right before this frame, she tossed her pen at Jose and they exchanged a little giggle together! HOLY FISHPOOP!

Sounds like she's flirting to me. I can't get the station. They show a little on HLN but that's all I can get.

1. Baez (who is NOT the Anthony's attorney) raised the ethics issue against NeJame - conflict of interest representing TES because he used to rep the Anthonys. Conway rendered the issue moot when he told the judge the Anthonys waived conflict.

2. They were laughing because Strickland basically asked Conway WTH he wanted and Conway responded that the Anthonys just wanted the judge to rule expeditiously - the judge laughed because that's what EVERYONE wants him to do, and said he'd try his best.

Thanks you for the clarification.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member