MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The placement of the seats.... MOO
In this area at any given time you can see mainly guys with the seats laid back almost into the back seat driving down the road.
I'm not sure why other than they think it's cool, I don't understand how they can even see to drive!
It's not just the drivers side either.
I have wished many many times that LE would pull them over and demand they put the seat in a safe position.

@flatfootjoe

Looking at the various pictures of her car, there appears to be no glass remaining. What do you make of that? Would I be correct that the side windows are made of tempered glass and the windshield laminated? Any ideas on what the melting point would be for both types of glass. I tried researching it and was only able to find one place that mentioned auto safety glass melts somewhere between 1000-1200 degrees. Does that sound about right? Would a fire have blown out the windows or melted them? Perhaps they were destroyed by the high pressure fire hose?

There is really only one quality pic of the tires on the car or what's left of them. That one being the right front, which appears to have no rubber left and is just a rim. If all four tires are like that, I think that would make it difficult for her car to be pushed back down the incline, because the rims would dig into the ground. Or at the very least it would require quite a few people to push it, which would give more credence to her car being parked on that incline rear end first. Any opinions?

I thought the car was loaded on the flatbed rear first, at least that's the way it appears in the only photo I've seen and judging by the lettering on the bed, maybe I missed some photos. The marks at the base of the embankment appears to be where the back edge of the flatbed was resting as the car was winched down the embankment leaving the drag marks. Another thing that might suggest this is the way it happened is the way the muffler is displaced further under the car than where it should be. If there's a photo of it on the flatbed that shows it on there front first then disregard this post.

It is mind boggling how the car was removed in the dark in less than 3 hours after it was set alight. I'm wondering if they knew exactly what they were dealing with at the time.

Do we know how many fire fatalities this chief and his volunteers have worked? How many involved automobiles? They were all rather traumatized which is understandable when the victim is essentially a kid and one whom you know personally.
JMO

220 miles down highway 51, there's a town called Cairo Illinois. It's eenvironment reminds me of the gas station in this case. The owners are also Arab, and they also mix well with the local Black community (no dating, one son was sent back to the old country for wanting to marry a Black woman). Jusy because it seems to be the social center of the town doesn't mean there's drug dealing going on. I don't find it strange that the tow truck stopped by the gas station.

(modsnip)

The paint on the car was vaporized, the glass appears to have been fractured or broken away and every combustible surface was consumed. An explosion could have blown the windows out, but there appears to be no massive buckling of body panels to suggest an explosion. IIRC gasoline assisted fires range about 1600F. That is enough to cause the windows to fracture, but the seals on the safety glass window would have failed and allowed those to fall out much sooner. Glass doesn't melt until around 2600F, so It wouldn't slag. The pictures I saw, all 4 rims were devoid of rubber. Repeating myself but, *every* combustible surface, including rubber, on the car was consumed. I do not see any evidence that a hose was ever taken to the vehicle at all.

As I worked many jobs, including that of a wrecker. As long as the car had 4 intact round rims, (it did) and I could get it in neutral, I could drag it on a rollback with a winch cable with a minimum of damage to the ground. All the ground panels were melted away. Round rims roll as well as tires, just not as fast.

Looking at that incline, I don't see any possible way you could reliably reverse up it in the dark, or why anyone would try with a suitable dirt path nearby. Before my wife and I were married, 200 years or so ago :) we parked in a place just like that frequently, and we always chose the road over the side embankments.

I've seen many people concerned over the direction of the vehicle, it seems almost intuitive to me it drove up the embankment, not reversed, why would others believe otherwise?

*safety glass. Safety glass is just glass with a protective plastic layer. The plastic would melt much quicker than the glass component, but the glass would melt at the temperature glass melts. Around 2600F. The rubber seals would have melted long before the plastic layer of the safety glass.

<BBM for Focus>

The windows on JC's vehicle likely shattered when the glass was super heated. Although it is SOP for the FD to use water/hand lines to extinguish a vehicle fire. The windows were shattered long before the FD's arrival, imo. Doubt there was an explosion other than the tires bumper shocks, etc. It is very rare for the fuel tank to explode unless damaged during a crash. Begin watching this car fire video at 3 minutes in and focus on the rear window;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUKko_G7otU

I think I've monopolized this thread for far too long. I honestly want to read what the rest of you want to say rather than type what I think happened. I know there is quite a bit of conjecture in what I've posted, although it's all the result of a highly analytical mind, supplemented by lots of life experience. All based on reading what little evidence is actually substantiated and trying not to be biased by rumor.

Having lost one of my own children to suspicious circumstance, where the police decided an investigation wasn't warranted, I only hope that Jessica doesn't fall prey to a like fate.

WS thank you for welcoming my input, and not telling me I'm some crazy conspiracy nut.

I'm going quiet for a while.
I'm so sorry for your loss. Keep posting because you have great insight.

I think I've monopolized this thread for far too long. I honestly want to read what the rest of you want to say rather than type what I think happened. I know there is quite a bit of conjecture in what I've posted, although it's all the result of a highly analytical mind, supplemented by lots of life experience. All based on reading what little evidence is actually substantiated and trying not to be biased by rumor.

Having lost one of my own children to suspicious circumstance, where the police decided an investigation wasn't warranted, I only hope that Jessica doesn't fall prey to a like fate.

WS thank you for welcoming my input, and not telling me I'm some crazy conspiracy nut.

I'm going quiet for a while.
I'm so sorry for your loss. Keep posting because you have great insight.

Justice for Jessica: WMC Action News 5 special team coverage from Panola County

Jessica Chambers' murder investigation

Posting again for last nights coverage (videos at link)

I managed to stay awake until about 4.30am to catch most of it (I think) but just couldn't keep my eyes open any longer.

[SUP][/SUP]Is it my understanding that the feds were called in because AA had received death threats as posted previously or were they called in because the MBI asked them to help investigate?

I think it was a factor of things, but I do believe the threats to AA and his store to be concerning, as well as the entrance of Anonymous.
If you remember the Steubenville case, seems FBI came in for that as well, right around the time pictures of town folk were being released, IIRC.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/...-raid-kyanonymous-steubenville_n_3403000.html

http://www.dor.ms.gov/info/faqs/tobaccobeerandalcohol.html#i

Can underage persons work at licensed premises?
For beer only licensed premises, anyone who is legally employed may sell or otherwise handle beer, regardless of age. The minor employee is prohibited from consuming, purchasing or otherwise personally coming into possession of beer.

For ABC or alcohol licensed premises, employment to persons under 21 is generally prohibited. However, someone at least 18 years of age may wait tables, take orders and deliver alcohol products to the table IF that is in the normal scope of his/her employment. This exception does not allow someone to serve as a bartender or manager of the premises.

At an ABC licensed premises, someone under 21 years of age may unload sealed cartons, boxes or similar shipping packages of alcohol products provided the package remains sealed at all times. Someone under 21 years of age may work as an entertainer at ABC licensed premises.

Gas stations in Mississippi cannot sell liquor or wine. -Mississippi attorney

Kind of ironic that a 19 yr old would be entrusted with a gas station to run, one that sells liquor, which as a clerk he'd obviously be selling....when he's not even legal to drink. How does that work I wonder? How can a minor sell booze?

No a minor (under 18) cannot sell alcohol, someone has to scan it for them. BUT if you are 18 or older you can sell/ring alcohol legally. 37 states have this law, including MS from what I read.

hope this is a quotable source Bessie.

http://www2.potsdam.edu/alcohol/StateAndLocalLaws/1133835601.html#.VJA7NctxmDY

the law has changed in the past 5 years, because when I was a cashier you had to be 20 years old plus one day. (KY)

Gas stations in Mississippi cannot sell liquor or wine. -Mississippi attorney

Really? I have never heard of this?

From the article Droopy linked above:

How many counties are dry in Mississippi?
Currently, there are 34 (of 82 total) counties in Mississippi that are completely dry for hard liquor. In addition to this, there are 4 counties that are “half” dry because the county has two judicial districts and each district can have an independent election. There are several locations in the dry areas of the state that are legal for liquor and wine sales due to legislative action.

There are currently 36 counties in Mississippi that are dry for beer and light wine sales. Within these 36 counties, there are numerous municipalities that are wet for beer sales.

http://www.dor.ms.gov/info/faqs/toba...alcohol.html#i

Is there any links to Jessica's social media? I've looked to no avail other than her Justice for Jessica page. Sorry if I've missed them on here.

Really? I have never heard of this?

From the article Droopy linked above:

How many counties are dry in Mississippi?
Currently, there are 34 (of 82 total) counties in Mississippi that are completely dry for hard liquor. In addition to this, there are 4 counties that are “half” dry because the county has two judicial districts and each district can have an independent election. There are several locations in the dry areas of the state that are legal for liquor and wine sales due to legislative action.

There are currently 36 counties in Mississippi that are dry for beer and light wine sales. Within these 36 counties, there are numerous municipalities that are wet for beer sales.

http://www.dor.ms.gov/info/faqs/toba...alcohol.html#i

Yes really. The info you're sharing only speaks to the jurisdictions that allow liquor/wine/beer, just beer, and nothing. I am speaking to the establishments permitted within any jurisdiction in Mississippi to sell liquor/wine. Liquor/wine sold in Mississippi is all bought by a state agency (ABC) and then sold to retailers. Retailers do not get to import their own liquor/wine from California, for example. If the state ABC does not import it, it's not available for retail purchase anywhere in the state. Only restaurants, bars, and liquor stores may sell wine/liquor. This is in contrast to neighboring Alabama, which allows the sale of wine in grocery stores, and Louisiana, which allows the sale of wine and liquor in gas stations. -Mississippi attorney

I think you are right! All images of Jerr-Dan tow trucks show the logo at the front of the platform.

Do we know how many fire fatalities this chief and his volunteers have worked? How many involved automobiles? They were all rather traumatized which is understandable when the victim is essentially a kid and one whom you know personally.
JMO

The video I watched listening to the fire chief, sure didn't come away with great feelings about that. Not that I expect much, but some kind of professionalism, and/or confidence would have helped. I have never seen a fire chief like this before, I realize it is a volunteer dept, looked like something out of a bad movie.

Another question, pls.................does anyone else find it a bit strange that JC's car was towed from the burn site so quickly? Wouldn't it have made more sense to have left it there until the next day, tape it off as a crime scene, have officers guard it until the daylight that next day where they could properly assess the scene for evidence, foot prints, etc.............versus having a tow truck driver in there in the dark? Maybe they do things differently in tiny towns but where I'm from, they'd have never moved it at night in the dark. They would have done what I described above.....and then gone back the next day (or once daylight) and really done a good thorough assessment of the overall scene.........position of vehicle in relation to tire tracks, footprints, look for any evidence (shoes, cig butts, booze bottles, rags, etc etc) around the scene, maybe tossed into the brush, etc? Was there any LE guarding that site overnight to ensure that nobody came onsight to remove any possible evidence?

Absolutely agree!

That whole area should have been cordoned off and no one should have been allowed to enter to contaminate the ground and other possible evidence.

It should have been considered a crime scene immediately; searched thoroughly, evidence collected, and photographed completely.

Judging by the photos I am seeing after the fact, I am pretty certain that LE botched the initial investigation of the crime scene. Bottles and cigarette butts, footprints, windshield wiper on the ground, tracks in the dirt (before tow truck destroyed them!), etc.. :doh:

Is there any links to Jessica's social media? I've looked to no avail other than her Justice for Jessica page. Sorry if I've missed them on here.

There are four profiles on FB. Three of them under her name, one of them with her and an ex-boyfriend.

Zero twitter, that I have found.

She was rather quite on social media.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members